Top 5 Best Tactical Pants 2021:
- Free Soldier Tactical Trousers
- 5.11 Tactical Men’s Stryke Operator Uniform Pants
- LA Police Gear Men’s Tactical Pants
- Vertx Men’s Original Tactical Pants
- Survival Tactical Gear Tactical Pants
No matter if you’re a man or a woman, you should own a pair of tactical pants.
They shouldn’t be just another part of your wardrobe that collects dust. Tactical pants should be as important to you as the clothes you wear to work every day.
If you don’t own a pair, you might be wondering what’s so special about these pants?
Well, if you’ve ever had to do an outdoor chore, you know how fast you can ruin your pants. Not to mention how quickly an outdoor activity like fishing can ruin your pants.
This is why tactical pants should be an essential part of your wardrobe. They’re specially designed to be incredibly durable and to resist stains.
We understand that not everyone has the time to do the research while choosing the best tactical pants for their needs. So, to save you some time and hassle, we’ve done the research for you!
In this article, we’ve reviewed five best tactical pants you can find on the current market, and we’ve prepared a buying guide on how to choose the best model for your needs.
5 Best Tactical Pants In 2021: Detailed Reviews
Before getting into the guide, we recommend you check out our reviews of the five best tactical pants you can find. The reviews will give you a clear picture of what you can expect to find. And who knows? Maybe one of the models below is the right one for you.
1. Free Soldier Tactical Trousers – Editor’s Choice
When it comes to tactical pants, the two most important characteristics are durability and build quality. This is why Free Solider Tactical Trousers take the first place on our list.
These tactical pants are available in five colors: brown, black, dark green, and gray. This makes them excellent for both outdoor uses and for urban environments. Planning on going fishing? Go for the dark green option. Doing some security work? Go for the grey or black option.
Free Soldier Tactical Trousers feature a whopping 10 pockets. It has concealed pockets above the knees. There are also two cargo pockets on the side of the legs. There are even two pen pockets on the left side. With these pants on you, you won’t have to worry about not having enough pockets.
These pants are made out of 35% cotton and 65% polyester. The fabric is covered with a layer of Teflon to ensure these pants resist staining and tearing. Another benefit of this Teflon layer is that it allows your skin to breathe while making these tactical pants waterproof.
And if that wasn’t good enough for you. These pants are also wrinkle resistant, which means you won’t have to iron them, ever. See Also: The Best Iron For Quilting
- Extremely durable
- Waterproof yet breathable
- Comes with 10 pockets
- Wrinkle resistant
- Stain and tear-resistant
2. 5.11 Tactical Men’s Stryke Operator Uniform Pants – Best High-End
If you have money to spare and would like to own a high-quality pair of tactical pants that are also durable, then you might be interested in our second pick.
The 5.11 Tactical Men’s Stryke Operator Uniform Pants are very similar to our first pick. However, the 5.11 are more covert in style, which makes them excellent for those who are looking for a model they can use in urban environments.
These tactical pants are available in a dozen different colors. You can rest assured you won’t have any trouble finding the right color. These pants are available in everything from khaki and grey to charcoal and wood color.
When it comes to fabric, these pants are made out of a blend of 65% polyester and 35% cotton. This means the 5.11 is lightweight yet durable. What’s more, the fabric is coated with Teflon to ensure no water or stains stick to the pants.
Even though the 5.11 features a covert design, it’s full of pockets. These pants come with 12 pockets! There are six pockets on each side, and all of them are designed for carrying EDC equipment.
Some of you might be put out by the price of these pants. But when you factor in what you’re getting, the price is more than fair.
- Extremely durable
- Covert design
- Available in a dozen colors
- Come with 12 pockets
- Expensive, but worth it
3. LA Police Gear Men’s Tactical Pants – Most Affordable
You don’t need a massive budget to buy a pair of decent tactical pants. The perfect example of this is our third pick, LA Police Gear Men’s Tactical Pants.
Even though these pants lack in some features our two top picks have, they’re still quite decent. The perfect example of this is the fabric these pants are made of. These pants are built out of a rip-stop material that’s incredibly durable, fade-proof, and stain-proof.
Unfortunately, the fabric is not coated with Teflon, which means they’re not entirely waterproof. However, when you factor in the price, you’re still getting a pretty tough pair of pants.
When it comes to pockets, these pants come with 8 pockets in total. There are four pockets on each side of these pants. Besides the standard hand pockets, these pants also feature a concealed pocket located right below hand pockets. There are also two pockets on the buttocks area and two large cargo pockets on the knees.
These pants are also incredibly comfortable since they have an elastic waistband. If only they were more water-resistant.
- Very affordable
- Come with 8 pockets
- Come with an elastic waistband
- Not waterproof
4. Vertx Men’s Original Tactical Pants – Best For Urban Environments
Are you working as a security guard and need a pair of covert looking tactical pants that are also durable? Well, look no further than Vertx Men’s Original Tactical Pants!
You might be asking yourself why these pants are perfect for an urban environment. Well, let’s start with the fabric. Unlike our other picks, Vertx tactical pants are made out of a fabric that’s 98% cotton and 2% lycra. This means these pants are incredibly breathable and soft to the touch.
This breathability ensures your legs won’t be covered in sweat when simply walking around town or doing a simple outdoor chore. To make things even better, the fabric is coated with Teflon, ensuring these pants repel water and stains.
When it comes to pockets, Vertx tactical pants come with 8 low-profile pockets. There are two pockets on the knees, two on the side, two hand pockets, and two pockets on the buttocks. What’s more, the back pockets feature a credential flap to ensure essential items don’t accidentally fall out.
The only issue we have with these tactical pants is that the cargo pockets aren’t reinforced. This severely limits the number of items you can carry in them.
- Low-profile pockets
- Cargo pockets aren’t reinforced
5. Survival Tactical Gear Tactical Pants – Best For Outdoors
If airsoft is one of your hobbies or if you just like camping a lot, you might be interested in our last pick. Tactical pants from Survival Tactical Gear are built to endure even the harshest of conditions and also come with all the pockets you’ll ever need.
When it comes to color choice, we hope you like camo because these pants come in 11 different cammo patterns. You can rest assured you’ll find the right camo for you since these pants are available in all popular camo patterns.
These pants are made out of rip-stop fabric. This fabric’s main component is nylon, which gives it extra durability and ensures it won’t tear easily. Unfortunately, this fabric is not coated with Teflon, so don’t expect these pants to remain dry in the pouring rain.
The best thing about these pants are the pockets. These tactical pants feature 16 pockets. Yes, 16! With this pair of pants, you won’t have any trouble carrying a smaller arsenal or every tool you’d need for a successful camping trip.
To add a cherry on top, they also come with knee pads you can insert into the knee pockets. An excellent feature if you’re in law enforcement or like playing paintball.
- Incredibly durable
- Come with 16 pockets
- Come with knee pads
- Not waterproof
What Are Tactical Pants And Why You Should Get A Pair
Whenever most people hear the term “tactical pants,” they immediately picture a pair of military BDUs, or pants specially designed for combat. Although these pants share some characteristics with military uniforms, they’re also very different from them.
Tactical pants are basically a piece of clothing that helps professionals carry their gear while remaining comfortable and protected. Even though they’re mostly intended for field use, they can also be used as casual wear since they come in many shapes and sizes.
In no way should you mistake a pair of cargo pants for tactical pants. Just like with the military pants, there are some similarities, but also some significant differences. For instance, cargo pants don’t come with larger belt loops, extra pockets for magazines. Also, cargo pants aren’t built to be as durable as tactical pants.
Tactical pants are built to resist wind, be waterproof, and also feature double or even triple stitching to prevent any ripping or tearing. This is what sets tactical pants apart from other types of pants out there. Other types of pants simply can’t withstand the same kind of punishment a good pair of tactical pants can.
Many of these people like these pants because they’re almost impossible to stain, they’re incredibly durable and, most importantly, they’re very comfortable to wear.
5 Factors You Need To Consider When Buying Tactical Pants
Choosing the best pair of tactical pants for your needs can be quite tricky if you’re unfamiliar with them. Worry not, we’ve done the research for you!
Here are the five factors you need to consider when buying a pair of tactical pants.
1. Considering The Purpose
First of all, just because a pair of pants has the word tactical in their name doesn’t mean they’re the same as other tactical pants on the market.
- Tactical pants come in many shapes and sizes. In fact, most brands specialize in particular niches when it comes to this type of clothing. Some models are designed to make physical work more comfortable by featuring special tool pockets.
- Other models are specially designed for outdoor activities like camping or hunting. And if you’re really into bushcraft and camping, you should look for a pair of tactical pants that are built to be super-durable and feature extra waterproofing.
- Of course, many models are designed for use in urban environments. You must’ve seen them on law enforcement personnel, security guards, or on people on the shooting range. Urban environment tactical pants usually offer more comfort at the expense of durability. Even though they’re not as durable as other types of tactical pants, they have a lover profile. They also feature pockets that allow you to quickly access concealed objects like a knife or a gun.
2. Considering The Material
When it comes to materials, tactical pants are made out of different blends of materials to ensure a particular model suits a specific purpose.
- Most models are built out of 65% polyester and 35% cotton fabric. This means that most tactical pants are on the warmer side. This is excellent news for those who like spending days wandering around the woods. However, security guards might not find this characteristic pretty useful since they’re already hot as it is.
- This is why many security guards are opting in for stealth tactical pants. This type of tactical pants has almost no polyester in them, which makes them extra-breathable. This, in turn, ensures you won’t overheat if you stand in the sun for more than 5 minutes.
- Some tactical pants are built out of spandex, but we recommend you avoid them. Spandex is nice and all, but it tends to stretch too much and becomes loose in time.
No matter what material the pants are built of, you should always make sure they’re rip-proof. This is especially true if you’re working outdoors. You never know when damage might occur, and when it does, it’s best if it’s minimal. Also, most tactical pants are coated with a layer of Teflon. This helps with waterproofing and to withstand staining.
3. Considering Durability And Enhancements
- Durability is an essential factor in any tactical pants. Unfortunately, many people obsess over the enhancements rather than the overall durability of a particular model. This is why we recommend you pay attention to the reviews and comments customers leave so you get a clear picture of how much a specific model is durable.
- When it comes to enhancements, most tactical pants will feature some extra padding on the seat and the knees. Some models even feature a string at the end of the leg so you can cinch the opening.
- When choosing a pair of tactical pants, we recommend you go for the pants that’ll best fit the situation you’re going to wear them in. There is no point in getting an extra-durable pair of pants with enhancements on knees and seats when you’re planning to wear them in an urban environment.
4. Considering Pockets
Pockets are an essential feature of tactical pants. They’re there to ensure you can take everything you need to the field.
- This is where tactical pants share similarities with the cargo pants. And once again, even though tactical pants have cargo pockets, that doesn’t mean they’re the same as cargo pants.
- The number and type of pockets on a pair of tactical pants vary from model to model. Some models come with a single cargo pocket and some that come with multiple.
We recommend you go for the pair that has enough pockets for your needs. If you’re planning on lugging around a lot of tools, go for a model that has cargo pockets. However, if you’re working a security detail, you should go for a model that has hidden pockets for extra clips.
5. Considering The Belt
- Lastly, you have to consider the belt. The wider the belt loops, the heavier the load you can carry with your belt.
- If you’re planning on carrying a gun, you can freely go for 1.75-inch wide belt loops. On the other hand, if you’re planning on strapping a tool belt onto the pants, we recommend you go for 2-inch wide belt loops.
Our Final Word
All that’s left is to recap the results.
If you’re looking for the best tactical pants in the market, look no further than Free Soldier Tactical Trousers. These pants come with everything you’d expect from a decent pair of tactical pants. They’re incredibly durable, come with lots of pockets, and are even decently priced.
For those on a higher budget, we recommend picking up a pair of 5.11 Tactical Men’s Stryke Operator Uniform Pants. These pants are very similar to the previous pair but are more suited for urban environments.
For those on a tighter budget, we recommend picking up a pair of LA Police Gear Men’s Tactical Pants. Even though they’re not waterproof and don’t come with dozen of pockets, they’re still quite durable and comfortable for the price.