Top 5 Best Shoes For Servers 2021:
- Reebok Women’s Work ‘N Cushion 3.0 Walking Shoe
- Skechers Work Sure Track Trickel
- Crocs Unisex On The Clock Work Shoe
- Dr. Scholl’s Shoes Men’s Harrington II Work Shoe
- Alegria Duette Women’s Professional Shoe
As a server, you are on your feet for most of the day.
On top of having to worry about serving customers and making sure they’re satisfied with the service, the last thing you want to worry about is your aching feet. You also don’t want to worry about slipping on a greasy floor. This is why it’s essential to invest in a good pair of best shoes for servers.
What’s more, shoes for servers will make you look more presentable. And when it comes to the service industry, as you might already know, presentability is everything. If you’re not looking your best, you might not get a tip.
Unfortunately, picking up the best shoes for servers for your needs is a bit more tricky than you think. You need to find a pair of shoes that support your feet and can handle a fair amount of walking without wearing out in just a couple of days.
What’s more, the market is flooded with low-quality shoes that are advertised as offering superb feet support when in reality, they’re a cheap shoe churned out from a Chinese factory.
Thankfully, you don’t have to worry, you got us! In this article, we’ll teach you everything you need to know about the best shoes for servers. We’ll review the five best models you can find on the current market, and we’ll go in-depth about the benefits of best shoes for servers.
And if you end up disagreeing with our top picks, we’ll teach you what factors you should consider when buying a pair.
5 Best Shoes For Servers In 2021: Detailed Reviews
Here are our top picks for the best shoes for servers. We included both men’s and women’s shoes to ensure there’s a model for everyone. Don’t worry, we also made sure to include a unisex model.
1. Reebok Women’s Work ‘N Cushion 3.0 Walking Shoe – Best Women’s Shoes For Servers
Working as a waitress is quite exhausting since you’re on your feet for most of your day. This is why you need a pair of shoes that’ll support your feet and provide enough grip, so you don’t accidentally slip with a platter full of drinks.
Enter, Reebok Women’s Work ‘N Cushion 3.0 Walking Shoe. These shoes for servers are purpose-built to support your feet through your day and offer superb grip on all surfaces.
These shoes are made out of a combination of leather and synthetic materials and feature an adorable, smart, casual design. What’s more, because they feature a low-cut design and are entirely black, they’ll fit in with almost any work outfit.
The main feature of these shoes is the soles. Work ‘N Cushion shoes feature 100% rubber soles that are slip-resistant and also come with EVA technology. This technology uses EVA memory foam for the midsole, ensuring your feet are perfectly cushioned, whether your walking, running, or standing.
For even more support, these shoes also feature a Memory Tech LT sock liner that provides cushioning for your entire foot.
The thing we liked the most about these shoes is the heel. Thanks to its beveled design, these shoes allow for excellent rolling motion from heel to toe.
- Excellent design
- Provide excellent feet support
- Absolutely none
2. Skechers Work Sure Track Trickel – Best Men’s Shoes For Servers
When it comes to working as a waiter in a restaurant, being light on your feet is a job prerequisite. This is why you need a pair of shoes that’ll support your feet throughout the day. The Sure Track Trickel shoes from Sketchers are just that type of shoe.
The uppers of these shoes are made out of 100% leather. This means your feet will get plenty of air, whether you’re standing or moving around. What’s more, thanks to the removable memory foam footbed, you won’t feel any fatigue no matter how long you stay on your feet.
The 100% rubber sole features a non-slip pattern on the bottom, ensuring you won’t slip up on wet and greasy surfaces. What’s more, thanks to the shock-absorbing midsole, your feet won’t get tired as much as they would in dress shoes.
Even though you might think they look bulky, the Skechers Work Sure Track Trickel shoes for servers will blend in with just about any work outfit. Whether you’re wearing a suit and tie or casual wear, thanks to their indiscreet look, these shoes will blend in perfectly.
- Uppers are made out of 100% leather
- Memory foam footbed
- Low-cut design
- Non-slip soles
- Absolutely none
3. Crocs Unisex On The Clock Work Shoe – Best Unisex Shoes For Servers
We know that Crocs are the world’s most ridiculed piece of footwear. If you have any doubts about that, just type in crocs in Google search, and you’ll be welcomed by thousands of Croc shoe memes. However, one thing you can’t deny about these shoes is that they’re really comfortable.
The case is the same with Crocs On The Clock shoes. While they don’t look necessarily pretty, they’re incredibly comfortable. What’s more, since these shoes are made out of rubber and foam, they’re incredibly durable.
The only downside to these shoes is that they don’t breathe. This is because they’re built out of rubber, so be prepared for smelly feet after a long workday.
On the bright side, thanks to the nubbed foam footbed and Croslite foam base, these shoes are incredibly comfortable. What’s more, the nubbed foam footbed also serves as a massager whenever you take a step, which ensures your feet remain well oxygenated.
The thing we liked the most about these shoes is how lightweight they are. Thanks to the Croslite, these shoes wear almost nothing. On top of that, they also look quite discreet, so you won’t have any trouble fitting them in with your work attire.
- Extremely comfortable
- Non-slip soles
- Don’t allow your feet to breathe
4. Dr. Scholl’s Shoes Men’s Harrington II Work Shoe – Best Men’s Formal Shoes For Servers
If you’re working at a high-end restaurant or as a caterer at formal gatherings, you can’t wear sneakers or rubber shoes. You need to make yourself more presentable. You need shoes that not only look formal but also allow you to stay on your feet for hours on end without inducing any fatigue.
Thankfully, thanks to Dr. Scholl’s Men’s Harrington II work shoe is designed to look formal while providing your feet with the necessary support and cushioning.
The uppers on these shoes are built out of 100% leather and feature a classic lace-up style. The leather simply screams durability, like these shoes were made for kitchen warfare. Underneath the uppers, you can find Dri-Lex moisture-wicking lining and microbe Shield that ensures you won’t be greeted by the smell of dirty feet after a long day at work.
Just like all Dr. Sholl’s shoes, the Harrington II shoes feature a non-slip sole and an incredibly soft midsole that’ll make you feel like you’re walking on clouds. For further comfort, these shoes also come with memory foam inserts.
The only downside to these shoes is their price. But, when you factor in how much value you’re getting from these shoes, the price is more than justifiable.
- Extremely durable
- Formal design
5. Alegria Duette Women’s Professional Shoe – Best Women’s Formal Shoes For Servers
Nurses and waitresses have a lot in common. For starters, they all work long days and spend most of them on their feet. This is why both nurses and waitresses are always on the lookout for stylish shoes that are also comfortable.
Enter Alegria Duette Women’s Professional Shoes! These shoes don’t just look stylish, but they also offer incredible foot support.
The main feature of these shoes are the soles. The soles are built out of cork, memory foam and latex. These three materials are incredibly soft and can take up the shape of your foot quickly, ensuring superb and long-lasting comfort.
We also like how these shoes are designed to promote natural rocking movement, further ensuring your feet won’t get fatigued.
The uppers are built out of synthetic materials. They feature a double elastic gore design for easy putting on and off.
What’s more, the uppers are stain-resistant, so don’t worry if you accidentally spill something on them. A mildly wet cloth and five minutes will take care of the most stains on these shoes.
The only issue we have with Alegria Duettes is their high price. While we get that you can’t have comfort without paying extra, we would love it if they were just $10 cheaper.
Why Buy Shoes For Servers?
As you might already know, as a server, you spend most of your day on your feet. This is why having comfortable shoes is so essential. Not only just to servers, but to most people in the service industry.
Spending an eight-hour shift on your feet is hard enough, and it gets even harder when you don’t have the right shoes.
With a wrong pair of shoes, you won’t only get fatigued in the first hour of your shift, but you’ll also end up with painful feet and joints at the end of the day. If you’re young, this might not seem like a significant concern since you’ll be as good as new after an hour of rest.
But, in the long run, the wrong pair of shoes will cause health problems that won’t quickly go away. The improper footwear can affect not only the stability of your feet but your whole lower body.
Uncomfortable shoes that aren’t designed for spending a full shift on your feet can cause feet, joint, knee, and hip pain. Since the lower body provides stability, likely, you’ll also get back pain and get a bad posture over time. See Also: The Best Pillow For Back Pain
Also, if you choose shoes that aren’t meant for your job, you risk slipping while carrying the platter. That is a really unpleasant experience for you and for the guests in the restaurant.
This is why you shouldn’t choose your work shoes in the same way as your dress shoes.
Dress shoes are elegant and eye-catching, but they lack the comfort and stability needed for work. Yes, servers have to look representable while working, especially in high-end restaurants. But, this doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice your health.
Your working shoes should provide comfort in the first place, and on the second elegance. You may think that comfort and style are hard to combine when it comes to shoes, but you’re wrong. Nowadays, there is a wide variety of shoes that offer both comfort and elegance.
The right pair of shoes will do wonders for your feet, ankles, joints, knees, and posture. Whatsmore, with the perfect working shoes, you’ll do your job much more efficiently than in old low-quality shoes.
If you want to make your job much easier, it’s time to get a pair of high-quality shoes for servers.
Read More: The Best Running Shoes For Shin Splints
4 Factors You Should Consider When Buying Shoes For Servers
Before you purchase the pair of shoes for servers, here are four factors you should consider first.
- One of the worst things that can happen on your job as a server is to slip while carrying the platters. The drinks spilled on your clean clothes and the food ending up in the guest’s face and hair.
- A true nightmare. Not only is that a total embarrassment, but you can get seriously injured if you fall.
- Carrying and balancing plates and platters in your arms is hard enough, and trying not to slip in shoes with a slippery sole while holding various items in your hands is even harder.
- This is why you need shoes that have a non-slip certificate.
- The sole of the shoe provides traction that will allow you to have stability and firm footing while doing your job.
- Look for a shoe that has a sole made of rubber and has grooves or lugs designed to prevent slipping. If you’re looking for high-quality footwear, choose a pair that has a non-slip certificate. A pair of shoes with a non-slip certificate is usually the best of what the company has to offer.
- Comfort and stability start in the sole, so the sole of the shoe is the second most crucial factor you should consider when buying.
- Look for shoes that have a sole that allows you to move with ease. This basically means that you shouldn’t buy a pair of shoes that have a stiff sole.
- If you already have painful feet, we recommend you look for shoes with a midsole that offers shock absorption. It would be ideal if the midsole would be lightweight and padded. Your feet will feel more comfortable in such shoes.
- When working as a server, you’ll likely get a lot of liquids spilled on your shoes on your shift. We are sure you don’t want to spend your working day in wet shoes, so it’s essential to choose waterproof shoes.
- The material of the uppers should also allow your feet to breathe. This is very important when it comes to hygiene. If you want shoes that will remain odor-free a longer time, choose shoes that have uppers made from mesh or canvas.
- When it comes to shoes, leather is one of the best materials you can choose. Leather offers both breathability and protection from water and most other liquids. Another fantastic thing about leather is that it looks elegant, so you’ll look presentable while working.
- Comfort is a very individual thing when it comes to shoes. It differs from person to person and is based on your overall build, foot type, way of walking, and even your posture.
- You should keep all these things in mind when choosing shoes. We recommend you to try the shoes on first before you decide to buy them. These days most people skip this part and just order shoes on the internet.
- If you don’t want to waste time trying on shoes in different stores, you can order a pair from your home’s comfort. But, you should measure your foot first. The pair of shoes you choose should perfectly fit your feet.
- If you don’t measure your foot and don’t check the measures on the shoes, you can end up with footwear that is too tight or too big for your feet. Neither too small or too big is a good option.
- Make sure the measures are a perfect fit, especially if you don’t have the “standard” foot type.
We chose Reebok Women’s Work ‘N Cushion 3.0 Walking Shoe as the best women’s best shoes for servers because they offer incredible foot support, have a non-slip sole, and are affordable to boot. They’re also quite stylish and can blend in with most work attires.
If you’re on the lookout for best men’s best shoes for servers, look no further than Skechers Work Sure Track Trickel. These shoes aren’t just incredibly comfortable, but thanks to their discreet look, they’ll blend in with any work attire.
Lastly, for those who are looking for a pair of unisex best shoes for servers, we recommend getting Crocs Unisex On The Clock Work Shoe. While not the most stylish shoes in the world, Crocs are incredibly durable, lightweight, and comfortable.