Top 5 Best Waterproof Work Boots 2021:
- Caterpillar Men’s Diagnostic Waterproof Steel-Toe Work Boot
- Skechers Men’s Relment Pelmo Chukka Waterproof Boot
- Timberland PRO Men’s Boondock 6″ Non-Insulated Waterproof Work Boots
- Wolverine Men’s Floorhand 6 Inch Waterproof Steel Toe Work Shoe
- EVER BOOTS “Ultra Dry” Men’s Premium Leather Waterproof Work Boots Insulated Rubber Outsole
Are your feet tired and sensitive after a long working day?
We bet they are.
The thing is it doesn’t have to be that way at all.
Many people don’t realize that fatigue is the result of wearing inappropriate shoes. So what can you do if you are on your feet all day long? The answer is treating them well. Imagine how good it would be to come home, take the shoes off, and be able to say that your feet do not ache as much as you expected.
Today we will assure you that this is possible. The solution is in finding the best waterproof work boots to help you fight fatigue.
Related: The Best Insoles For Work Boots
5 Best Waterproof Work Boots In 2021: Detailed Reviews
1. Caterpillar Men’s Diagnostic Waterproof Steel-Toe Work Boot – Great Heel Support
Every hardworking man needs a boot designed with safety and comfort in mind.
These Caterpillar boots are made of leather. Most of you are aware that cleaning leather shoes is not the most straightforward task of all, so make sure you research how to do it properly. Mainly because they are prone to wearing off and losing the waterproof ability if not maintained correctly.
The 6-inch high leather shaft is padded for additional ankle support. If, in any case, the water breaks into the boots, the inside utilizes a nylon-mesh lining to keep the moisture away from the feet. Also, inside of these boots, you will find steel toes that are covered by a thin layer of rubber. Besides an impact, we assure you that these boots will protect you from electrical hazards of up to 600 volts of power.
To keep your feet warm while working in the cold weather, the manufacturer equipped the inside of the boots with over 200g of insulation to keep feet warm. The boots also have an EVA removable gel insole so you can adjust the boot if the footbed is too shallow.
It is very well known that Cat Footwears trademark ERGO comfort system. This particular model features rubber soles that are specifically designed to fit the contours of the feet, perfectly providing the much-needed support to their natural movement.
- Made from high-quality leather
- Nylon-mesh lining
- Removable EVA gel insoles
- Steel toes
- Rubber soles
- 200g of insulation
- ERGO comfort system
- Padded high leather shaft
- Hard to maintain
- Waterproof ability might wear off with time
2. Wolverine Men’s Floorhand 6 Inch Waterproof Steel Toe Work Shoe – Simple And Comfortable Design
These waterproof working boots are made to meet the toughest demand and environments, providing you with stability.
These Wolverine work boots are made from full-grain leather with a long shaft that provides support to your ankle and prevents injuries. The leather is 100% waterproof as long as you take care of them properly. Well, don’t be surprised if the boots appear too stiff in a few first days; they just need some time to break-in nicely.
The inner nylon-mesh lining will prevent any moisture from breaking in and will keep your feet dry throughout the day. The boots are equipped with steel toes to prevent injuries from impact as much as they can.
The good news is that the shoe is roomier inside, which makes them a great option for people with wide feet. Also, you can comfortably wear thick and warm work socks since they don’t come with insulated lining. Keeping in mind, this model is made primarily for people who work in wet conditions, the thermal insulation during cold weather is not so great.
As far as comfort is concerned, the removable cushioned footbed does a great job of relieving the pressure from your feet. The synthetic midsole will disperse the bodyweight evenly preventing fatigue. The rubber soles ensure traction on both water and oil surfaces, making them slip-resistant.
- Nylon-mesh lining
- Suitable for people with wide feet
- Steel toes
- Rubber soles
- A bit stiff in the beginning they need some time to break-in
- No thermal insulation so not suitable for fieldwork during winter
3. Skechers Men’s Relment Pelmo Chukka Waterproof Boot – Great For Hiking
You might be surprised by our next pick (we know we were). It comes from the Skechers family, a name well known for manufacturing sneakers. We must admit we were skeptical about this pair since it comes from Skechers, but surprisingly they provided us with a solid pair of work boots that offer the comfort of the sneakers.
The exterior of the shoe is made from 100% leather that provides waterproof ability making these boots tough and durable for working conditions, but since they are not too bulky, they also look good enough to wear them for a casual night out. Like with all leather shoes out there, proper maintenance is crucial for keeping your boots waterproof, or you risk losing effectiveness over time.
The insoles are comfortable and soft but not too much, so they still provide support to critical areas of the foot. Since they are not bulky, they are pretty lightweight and easy on the feet and legs compared to other work boots. The soles are made from rubber, and they are not as slip-resistant as advertised.
Listen carefully; they do not have steel toes, so if you require working boots that will protect you from any kind of impact, you should avoid buying these. They may not be the best quality work boots on the market nowadays, but for that price tag, you will hardly find something better than them.
- Great foot support
- No steel toes
- Prone to slipping indoors
4. Timberland PRO Men’s Boondock 6″ Non-Insulated Waterproof Work Boots – Like Walking On Clouds
If you work more than 12 hours per day, these boots will be a lifesaver for your feet since these are the most comfortable working boots ever made if you ask us.
The Boondock boots are made from leather and rubber. The thermoplastic urethane (TPU) outsole has doubled the density, which keeps your boots abrasive-resistant but still doesn’t be too rough when cleaning them. The insole is magical, believe us; it is thick, soft yet sturdy enough to provide support to your feet.
The rubber cover over the composite toes at the front adds additional protection and shock-absorbing properties when it comes to an impact. It is advertised as non-insulated, but they do have a thin layer of insulation that will keep your feet warm and prevent cold getting into the boot.
They are bulky and heavy; hence you might doubt their comfortability. Luckily, all models from this brand include the trademark anti-fatigue technology. That means that the comfort is not compromised and that the anti-fatigue system optimizes the energy use of the feet and helps you forget that you even have boots on your feet.
Let’s go back to the rubber soles for a second. They are freeze-resistant and non-slippery, which is great if you work in a harsh cold environment. It also features a rigid external heel cup for additional stability.
- Sturdy and comfortable
- Composed toes covered with rubber
- Anti-fatigue technology
- Rubber soles are freeze-resistant
- A rigid external heel cup
5. EVER BOOTS “Ultra Dry” Men’s Premium Leather Waterproof Work Boots Insulated Rubber Outsole – Extremely Lightweight And Flexible
These boots from EVER BOOTS are made for a wide range of heavy-duty uses. The manufacturer thought about everything, so they are great for landscaping, construction, or even hiking.
The boot is crafted from 100% leather and runs high on the leg, which is great since it will provide great ankle support, but it can be pretty annoying at the same time since it can irritate the skin. Be aware that the leather is a bit stiff, so make sure you wear two pairs of socks until you break in these boots, and make the leather a bit softer from use.
The polyester lining will keep your feet warm in harsh winter conditions. We don’t remember using them during warmer days since it will make your feet sweat. They do not come with steel toes, so they are rather lightweight and easy on your legs.
The specially designed tread pattern on the sole provides superior traction in wet environments and makes the boots flexible at the same time. It also does a great job of absorbing shock on the heels and arches of your feet. Combine this with a soft insole that keeps the boot waterproof yet breathable you will get a flexible work boot that will reduce fatigue with ease.
We have just one piece of advice for you when picking out the size – be aware that these boots tend to run ½ of the size bigger.
- Comfortable and durable
- Great ankle support
- Excellent insulation
- Shock-absorbing insoles
- Flexible rubber soles
- No steel toes
- Careful when picking out the right size
- Recommended for winter conditions only
A Must-Have Features For The Best Waterproof Working Boots
Before you make an investment, it is good to know what features every good-quality work boots must-have. Read our buying guide to learn how to pick out the best possible solution for yourself.
- Let’s first clear one thing right; waterproof and water-resistant is not the same. The leather on its own is neither waterproof nor water-resistant. To make it water-resistant, manufacturers apply the special coating on the leather, but to achieve waterproof ability, manufacturers bake some special compound into them.
- So water-resistant boots are suitable for light rain, light snow, and shallow water, but it will not withstand submerging into the water. On the other hand, waterproof boots must be able to prevent water from penetrating into the boot even when submerging in the water. See Also: The Best Rain Poncho
- Now when you know this make sure you pick out the right boot for your work conditions.
- High-quality work boots must be able to stand up to the demands of hard labor. The best ones are logically made out of high-quality materials that can withstand exposure to the water throughout all day. You should expect that a good quality boot will serve you well for at least a year. Normally, assuming that you work approximately 50 hour work weeks. Read More: The Best Shoes For Servers
- We don’t need to mention how important this feature is. You will spend long hours on hard surfaces in them, so make sure they have enough cushion to keep your feet comfy.
- Comfort is guaranteed by using thick cushioning and properly constructed shock-absorbing insoles. Always make sure that the outer material of the boot (like the leather or PVC) is soft enough and won’t irritate your skin, especially if they feature a high ankle sleeve.
4. Injury Protection
- Having some kind of safety features built into the boot is highly recommended. Safety features that you should look for are toe protection, anti-slip soles, electric shock resistance, and foot stabilizing support. These features will keep you safe if the floors are slippery if there is a risk of heavy objects falling on your foot, or simply if you are mainly walking on uneven ground.
5. Ankle Support
- Different models of work boots have different heights of ankle sleeves, so the ankle support is different too. You need to know how much ankle support you need to be able to find a boot with the right ankle sleeve.
- Work boots that have a lower ankle sleeve allow more mobility but less ankle support. On contrary work boots with high ankle, the sleeve provides a lot of ankle support but less mobility, and they can irritate the skin.
- Also, the height is important since mud, dirt, water, or snow can go over the top of your boot if the ankle sleeve is not high enough.
- Imagine how fast your legs will get tired if you are wearing 3 or 4 pounds heavy boots. That extra weight will make your feet get tired even faster as you go through your workday. Even a little bit of extra weight can be a problem since it will tire your leg muscles much faster. That is why we advise you to pay extra attention to weight.
- Some work boots literally require no care at all, while others have to be treated well quite often. Thoroughly cleaning is essential. For example, the leather boot must be treated with protective chemicals and oils to prevent drying out and cracking. If that’s more work than you want to do, then you should opt for a work boot with fabrics that are easy to maintain.
- A warranty won’t cover damage caused by your work environment, but they will cover things like material defects, stitching that come apart, and more. That’s why it’s important to buy work boots that are backed by some kind of warranty.
Before You Go
In the end, we want to explain to all of you why you need waterproof work boots.
Too much water is bad for the skin and will cause health problems at some time. What happens when your boots become waterlogged?
Well, the skin on your feet will absorb water, then it becomes wrinkly and soft, and we all know that type of skin is prone to painful blisters and cracks. Those kinds of feet injuries can be particularly dangerous to those people who have diabetes or poor circulation. Lastly, constantly wet feet and socks will enhance the growth of irritating fungi like athlete’s foot or ringworm, and none want that.
We hope this article will be of help to you all.
Best Overall Value: Caterpillar Men’s Diagnostic Waterproof Steel-Toe Work Boot
- Caterpillar is well known to all those who are interested in work boots. We guarantee you that this product won’t disappoint you. Caterpillar’s Diagnostic is focused on two main factors: safety and comfort. This pair is not only functional; it is a good looking boot too.
Best Budget Option: Skechers Men’s Relment Pelmo Chukka Waterproof Boot
- This is a reliable and affordable pair of working boots that come to us from the world-renowned sneaker manufacturer Skechers. Well, most of us didn’t know that they make work boots too. That is why you’re in for a pleasant surprise.
- Timberland is a brand that shaped the work boot as we know it today, so they don’t need any introduction. The Pro line is all that a worker could ask for a classic-looking, comfortable, waterproof, and shock-resistant, so wearing them during long workdays won’t be a problem. Easy on the feet heavy on the wallet – but it is worthy.