Top 5 Best Cassette To Mp3 Converters 2020:
- Reshow Cassette Player Tape to MP3 Converter
- MYPIN Cassette to MP3 Converter
- Retround Cassette Player Tape Converter
- By-Heart Cassette Player Tapes to MP3 Converter
- Rybozen Cassette Player Converter
Did you grow up listening to your favorite music cassettes?
If so, you probably agree that there’s something really nostalgic about listening to cassettes and carrying around a cassette player.
Nowadays, you can find so many cassette players that double as cassette to mp3 converters. They are incredible devices that let you listen to your cassettes but at the same time you can use them to preserve your favorite music.
They are also very easy to use and in just a few steps, you can convert tapes to mp3 format. This is a great way to make sure that your audio files are safe on your computer. On top of all this, they are very affordable so there’s absolutely no reason why you shouldn’t try one!
There are a lot of cassette to mp3 converters available today, and it wasn’t easy choosing the top five to make this list. Based on our research and very strict criteria, we selected our top choices for the list of the best cassette to mp3 converters. So, if you’re interested to find out more, keep on reading!
Related: The Best Cassette Adapter
5 Best Cassette To MP3 Converters In 2020: Detailed Reviews
1. Reshow Cassette Player Tape to MP3 Converter – Best Choice
If you’re looking for the best, easiest, and most efficient way to convert your tapes to mp3, then the Reshow cassette player is the one for you. You can use it to convert all of your old tapes and mixtapes to a digital format and listen to them on your iPod or mobile phone!
This cassette player is very easy to use. All you have to do is activate the software on your computer, put in a cassette, hook up the USB cable to your laptop, press the Record button to record, click the Stop button when it’s finished, and then you can enjoy your mp3 files. Once you do this you can easily transfer them to your phone or any portable music player you have!
The Reshow tape converter is compatible with Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10, and Mac older than 10.5 versions. Make sure to check whether your computer has one of these operating systems so that the cassette player can perform flawlessly!
Besides the cassette player, you also get headphones, software CD, USB cable, and user manual. If your computer doesn’t have a CD port, you can ask for a digital copy and the manufacturer will be happy to provide it!
You can also use the cassette player as a standard, old school walkman. It works with any 3.5mm AUX jack!
- Easy to use
- Compatible with most operating systems
- Headphones included
- It can be used as a standard walkman
- It picks up some static noise if it’s too close to a computer
2. MYPIN Cassette to MP3 Converter – Premium Choice
If you want something that has a more sleek design compared to standard old school cassette players, you’ll love the MYPIN cassette player. It also works as a converter so you can easily convert your favorite tapes into mp3 format and listen to them on your phone and other devices!
The MYPIN cassette player can also recover old cassette tapes using the conversion function. You can also listen to your old tapes because the player has a 3.5mm jack. Just plug in your earbuds or headphones and enjoy! And if you don’t have headphones, don’t worry, because you get a pair included, as well as a bag to carry the player in. The device is already small and portable but with the bag, it’s even easier to carry it!
The great thing about this model is that you don’t have to have a computer around when you want to digitize your files. It works with both USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 flash drives, but it’s important to specify that it only supports flash drives in FAT, FAT32, and exFAT formats, up to 64G. In addition to this, it works best with fast USB drives with a read rate of 40-60m/s.
You can charge the MYPIN cassette with the USB cable or with two AA batteries. It’s recommended to charge it via USB because it’s more stable than batteries.
- Works with USB 2.0 and USB 3.0
- It can recover old tapes
- Converts tapes to mp3 efficiently
- Two charging options
- It’s a bit pricey
3. Retround Cassette Player Tape Converter – Best Affordable Option
Although cassette players and tape converters aren’t generally very expensive, you can still find a good bargain and the Retround Cassette Player Tape Converter offers the best value for money!
The device is very lightweight and compact size. It’s easily portable and doesn’t take up a lot of space. It’s very convenient to store and to carry around, and it’s also very easy to use. Included with the cassette player, you also get a CD with the software necessary to convert the files. You also get earphones, a USB cable, and a user cable.
You can also get a digital copy of the software, and once you install it on your computer, the next step is to connect the cassette player. After that, put the cassette into the converter, and always make sure to adjust the “input volume” to ensure it’s loud enough to be grabbed. After that, just press the Record button to start and the Stop button to finish. You can save the track on your computer or transfer it to your phone or any other device!
The Retround cassette player can also be used as a vintage Walkman. It has a standard 3.55mm jack, so you can use headphones, earphones, and so on. It’s powered by USB or 2 AA batteries. The USB cable is included but the batteries are not so you have to buy them separately!
- Affordable price
- Compact and lightweight
- Earphones included
- USB cable and software included
- Two charging options
- It doesn’t play audio over speakers
4. By-Heart Cassette Player Tapes to MP3 Converter – Simple And Functional
The By-Heart cassette player is a classic model that comes at a reasonable price. If you want a Walkman with a simple design that you can also use to convert tapes to mp3 files, you’ll love this one.
The only downside of this tape converter is that it only works with Windows operating system. So if you have a Mac, it’s not the right choice for you. However, if you have Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7/8/10 it will work perfectly. Included with the cassette player, you get a CD with the software you need to install on your computer in order to convert tapes to mp3 format. Once you install it, you can connect the cassette player, and in just a few simple steps convert any audio on your tapes into mp3 files.
Like most tape converters, this one can also be used as a standard Walkman. It has a 3.5mm jack so you can plug in your headphones or earbuds and listen to your favorite music on the go. Because it’s so compact and lightweight, it’s very easy to carry it around and it doesn’t take up a lot of storage space when not in use!
The cassette player also has an auto-reverse feature so you can listen to music on one side or both sides. Just click the DIR button and it will automatically play the second side.
- Reasonable price
- Works with all Windows versions
- Has an auto-reverse feature
- Not compatible with Mac computers
5. Rybozen Cassette Player Converter – Features Professional Audio Editing Software
Don’t miss out on this super stylish Rybozen cassette player and converter! It has a unique design that you don’t find that often nowadays among cassette players and converters.
Unlike some other cassette converters, this one works on both Windows and Mac. It has a professional audio editing software AudioLAVA that works quickly and efficiently. You can use it to convert all of your favorite tapes to mp3 format in no time. When you install the software and convert the audio into mp3 files, you can easily burn them on a CD or transfer them to your phone and other devices!
You can also enjoy the cassette player and take it with you anywhere as a Walkman since it’s compatible with standard headphones and earphones. You’ll also love the quality of this device. It has a new and improved metal cassette mechanism with an automatic reverse function, and a 4-channel stereo magnetic head!
The design of the cassette player is very stylish and sleek. The black design with metallic painting gives it an elevated look. It’s also very lightweight so it won’t be troublesome carrying it around or storing it since it doesn’t take up a lot of space.
You can charge the Rybozen cassette player and converter via USB or you can use two AA batteries to power it.
- Stylish black and metallic design
- Compatible with both Windows and Mac
- Professional audio editing software
- Very fast and efficient
- You must have a CD slot on your computer
Things To Consider Before You Buy A Cassette To Mp3 Converter
The good news is that cassette to mp3 converters are usually quite affordable, even the high-end ones! So don’t worry, you won’t have to spend ridiculous amounts of money just to convert your old tapes into mp3!
Since they are affordable, rather than looking at price, make sure to check other features like how it works, what kind of software it uses, how easy it is to use the device, and so on!
1. Ease Of Use
- A cassette player and mp3 converter should be easy to use for everyone. It’s a simple process and it shouldn’t require complicated steps. Most cassette tape converters come with software that you have to install on your computer, and that software is usually very user-friendly.
- We’ve made sure to select only the converters that are easy to use and have clear instructions. Once you activate the software, you shouldn’t have any trouble accessing all the information and all you have to do is follow a few simple steps!
2. Available Ports And Controls
- The ports and controls of a cassette player and converter tell you what you can use it for and how useful it will be to you.
- For example, a lot of cassette to mp3 converters have a 3.5mm jack in which you can plug your headphones, earbuds, or the AUX port in your car.
- Available USB ports let you know about digital devices that work with your converter!
3. Quality Of Final Result
- You have to make sure that the final result will be worth it. If you have very old tapes, there might be some trouble with the sound quality and this is something you cannot control. If you have old tapes that cannot be recovered, make sure to recycle them or have fun with DIY projects with cassettes!
- However, you can make sure that you have a device that will do the job in the most efficient way! If you want to preserve your precious tapes in a digital format, which is undoubtedly more durable, you will maybe have to invest a bit into a high-end cassette to mp3 converter.
- Another thing concerning quality is that the mp3 files are compressed in order to be easy to transfer and access regardless of the device used to play them. One more reason is that they don’t take up a lot of memory. This means that sometimes digital files don’t have the same quality as the original analog version. However, the quality mostly depends on the age of the tape and the capabilities of the converter so make sure you pick a good one!
4. Additional Features
- More often than not, when you buy a cassette to mp3 converter you get more than just the device. Make sure to check whether there are additional features included, like headphones, USB cables, and so on.
- If the converter you want uses some kind of software that you have to install on your computer, you also have to check if the software comes on a CD or if you can also get a digital copy of the software.
- The thing is, a lot of new computers, especially laptops don’t have a CD port, so if the necessary software comes only on a CD, you won’t be able to install it unless you have a CD port. This is something that you have to pay attention to because if you don’t have a CD port and you can’t get a digital copy of the software, the converter will be almost useless to you!
Final Thoughts And Recommendations
All in all, cassette to mp3 converters are inexpensive useful devices that you can use to listen to your favorite tapes as well as convert them into digital files.
We’ve made sure to select only the best on the market for you and now we’d love to tell you about our top choices!
Best Overall: Reshow Cassette Player Tape to MP3 Converter
- Undoubtedly one of the best converters is this one by Reshow. It has amazing functionalities, it works quickly and efficiently and it has great additional features, like headphones, USB cable and both CD and a digital copy of the software. It’s truly one of the best you’ll find!
Premium Pick: MYPIN Cassette to MP3 Converter
- If the design and performance are equally important to you, you’ll love the MYPIN cassette to mp3 converter. The final results with this converter are very high-quality and it has a very stylish design. The price is a bit high, but nothing too over the top!
Best Budget-Friendly Option: Retround Cassette Player Tape Converter
- On the other hand, if you want a good quality converter that’s quite simple but gets the job done, the Retround cassette to mp3 converter is the one for you. It has a classic design with traditional features and it performs amazingly as a converter! Plus, it’s affordable!