Top 5 Best Wireless Keyboards For Samsung Smart TV 2020:
- Rii i4 Mini Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard
- Rii 2.4G Mini X1 Wireless Keyboard
- Logitech K830 Illuminated Living-Room Keyboard
- Logitech K400 Plus Wireless Touch TV Keyboard
- Fosmon Portable Lightweight Mini Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard
You finally got yourself a new fancy Samsung smart TV.
Now you can browse the internet, access a wide variety of apps, and internet platforms like YouTube and Netflix. Isn’t that great?
Every smart TV comes with simple remote control. After some time of using it, you will find out that remote control won’t allow you to take advantage of all the cool features your new TV has to offer you. Now you ask yourself what you can do about it?
Well, my friends, the answer is a wireless keyboard for Samsung smart TV. They will allow you to unlock all the intelligent features of your TV and navigate them with ease.
If you heard enough and can’t wait to get a grip of your new favourite gadget, read our review and learn how to choose the best model for you.
Related Read: The Best Mini Keyboards
5 Best Wireless Keyboards For Samsung Smart TV In 2020: Detailed Reviews
1. Fosmon Portable Lightweight Mini Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard – Attractive Design
Although small, this keyboard offers you a sturdy design with a QWERTY keyboard and a built-in touchpad. It’s portable, lightweight and will fit in your hands with ease since it is around 6 inches wide.
The touchpad is small and positioned on the edge, which makes it a bit tricky to use. You may have some trouble when trying to scroll, or click and drag with this touchpad. Also, the access to the keys on the right side of the keyboard will be hard due to the position of the touchpad.
The keyboard uses Bluetooth 3.0, which is equipped with a signal range of approximately 33 feet. You can connect this keyboard with your smart TV, laptop, mobile phone or tablet. Also, if you prefer using your keyboard in a dark environment, this model will come in handy since the keyboard comes with a backlit feature.
High battery life is what we love the most about this keyboard. The batteries are lithium-ion rechargeable ones, and they can withstand ten days of continuous use or 50 days on standby. This model comes for a very reasonable price, a limited lifetime warranty, and will allow easy connection to your smart TV.
- Lightweight and portable
- Versatile use
- Built-in touchpad
- Bluetooth 3.0 with a signal range up to 33 feet
- Backlit feature
- High battery life
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Good price
- The touchpad is small, so you can experience difficulties when scrolling
- Hard to reach the right side of the keyboard due to the position of the touchpad
2. Logitech K830 Illuminated Living-Room Keyboard – Impressive Design
The Logitech K830 is one of the best and most dynamic keyboards available on the market nowadays. It features a sturdy modern design with a metal-like finish. So if you are willing to spend some more, this model is just the right one for you.
This model is a TKL type of keyboard, and it is 15 inches wide. It features a very convenient keyboard layout and comes with three additional multimedia keys: mute and volume up and down. You will love how easy it is to navigate the large touchpad with mouse buttons. But unfortunately, you won’t find a numeric pad nor function buttons on this keyboard.
The K839 keyboard has a built-in sensor which can detect the amount of light in the room and will automatically adjust the intensity of backlit according to it.
This model features Bluetooth 3.0 with a signal range of 33 feet so you can comfortably browse the channels while lying on the sofa. The keyboard is compatible with Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, Android 5.0, and Chrome OS USB port so it can be used as RF keyboard too if the Bluetooth connectivity fails.
The rechargeable batteries will last ten days of constant use before they need to be recharged again. Samsung TV users might occur problems connecting with Bluetooth, but that is not a problem since you can connect it by using a USB port.
- Can be connected with Bluetooth 3.0 or RF
- Automatically adjust backlit
- Long battery life
- Large touchpad
- Not compatible with all Samsung TV’s
3. Logitech K400 Plus Wireless Touch TV Keyboard – Simple And Reliable Companion
The K400+ model is offering you great functionality as its younger sibling, the K830. The design is sturdy, sleek, and slim, but it comes at a way lower price. So if you liked the previous model but you can’t afford it, this one will be a suitable replacement.
The model is also a TKL type, and it is 14 inches wide. The model comes with a touchpad that is smaller and not so sensitive compared to the previous one, but it is still highly functional. It is also equipped with mouse buttons, and three media buttons for mute, volume up and down. The keys are very soft to the touch and quiet – the noise level is within 50dBA for all keys. The numeric pad and function keys are removed just like with K830.
The keyboard is not backlit, which can be annoying if you like to watch TV in dark rooms. The keyboard is compatible with Windows 7,8,10, Android 5.0 and above, and Chrome OS. This model features a Logitech Unifying receiver with a signal range of 33 feet and need to be connected by USB port. This will come in handy since this receiver allows you to connect multiple Logitech devices at the same time.
The batteries that come with this model are not rechargeable, and their life span is around 18 months after that they need to be replaced.
- Features Logitech Unifying receiver
- Large touchpad and quiet keys
- The signal range is 33 feet
- Not backlit
- Batteries are not rechargeable
- The touchpad should be more sensitive
4. Rii 2.4G Mini X1 Wireless Keyboard – Fun And Inexpensive
The Rii Mini X1 manages to pack big functionality in a small frame, and it is perfect if you are looking for a keyboard for occasional use. This little beast is compatible with PC, Mac, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS3, PS4, HTPC, IPTV, Google Android TV box.
X1 model features 3-in-1 multifunction: QWERTY layout, small touchpad, and a D-pad as an alternative way of control. The touchpad is ultra-sensitive with a 90-degree flip design. What surprised us the most is that this mini keyboard comes with function keys. But we must warn you – this model is not backlit so you will have a hard time using it in the dark environment.
This device implements RF 2.4G wireless technology that will offer you a reliable connection up to 33 feet without interface. The USB receiver does not require any drivers – all you need to do is to plug the USB dongle in and you are set to go.
This model comes with rechargeable lithium-ion batteries, but the lifespan of the batteries is disappointing – it will withstand no more than five days of use. The life span of your batteries can be prolonged for a few days if you regularly use auto-sleep and wake-up function. This model comes with a USB pass-through cable that will allow you to recharge the device while using it, which makes up for a disappointing battery life span.
- Rechargeable batteries
- Great size
- 3-in-1 multifunction keyboard
- Implemented with 2.4G wireless technology
- Signal range 33 feet
- Not backlit
- Poor battery life span
5. Rii i4 Mini Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard – Best Option For Gamers
If you are into gaming, you will love this mini keyboard. This keyboard provides the familiar feel of a video game controller, so you may take that into consideration if you are a gamer.
The model features superior compatibility thanks to the Bluetooth 4.0 and 2.4G RF connection. The signal range is 33 feet. You can use it with Windows, iOS, Android, and Fire TV Box devices. Being able to connect your keyboard both ways comes in very handy if the Bluetooth connection fails.
The keyboard features a multifunctional layout including touchpad, scrolling wheel, direction keys, multimedia keys, and function keys. The touchpad is very sensitive but not so accurate, so we recommend you to pay better attention to it. The thing that will for sure annoy you is a small space bar and that the keyboard tends to go into “sleep” mode if not in use for some time.
This model is backlit and suitable for dark environments. You can choose between 2 levels of brightness, or you can choose to turn the backlight off. Batteries are lithium-ion and rechargeable. You can use a USB pass-through cable that will allow you to recharge and use the keyboard at the same time. The life span of the batteries is around two weeks.
- Lightweight and portable
- Bluetooth 4.0 and RF connection
- Superior compatibility
- Multifunctional keyboard layout
- Features “sleep” mode
- Backlit with two different levels of brightness
- The backlight can be turned off
- Rechargeable batteries
- Small space bar
- The touchpad is not very accurate
Buying The Perfect Wireless Keyboard For Your Samsung Smart TV – Buying Guide
First and foremost, before making a purchase you need to understand some wireless keyboard basics.
1. Types Of Wireless Keyboards
Wireless keyboards come in three different types:
- Radio Frequency Keyboards – These types of keyboards are suitable for TVs that don’t have Bluetooth as an option. They require an USB dongle to be able to connect with the TV and unfortunately, their operating range is no more than 10 feet. Also, sometimes they tend not to work since they use the same level of frequency as some other devices.
- Bluetooth Keyboards – They are naturally most popular on the market currently. The Bluetooth technology works on a higher frequency than many other wireless devices so that guarantee you there will be no interface when connecting with TV.
- Infrared Keyboards – They are rarely in use nowadays since they are out of date, but they will come in handy if your TV doesn’t support Bluetooth technology and RF keyboard can’t be used cause of frequency interface. Also, just like RF keyboards, they offer a small range.
Read More: The Best Bluetooth Adapter
2. How To Choose The Right Type Of Keyboard For Your TV
- The first step in finding the best wireless keyboard for your Samsung smart TV is to check the TV’s manual and find if it is Bluetooth enabled. If it is, you only need to find the keyboard that is compatible with your particular TV model.
- If you determine that your TV is not Bluetooth-enabled then you should check if there is a USB port so you can purchase the RF keyboard. Most Samsung Smart TV’s nowadays are equipped with Bluetooth. Bear in mind that not all Bluetooth keyboards are compatible with your smart TV. Make sure to check the compatibility before you purchase the keyboard.
See Also: The Best Keyboard Wrist Rest
Things To Keep In Mind When Buying A Wireless Keyboard
When buying a keyboard, don’t rush and buy the first compatible model you can find. Here we will leave you a list of most popular features that you can find in a keyboard so you can consider which of these ones will suit you the best.
1. Signal Range
- Signal range depends mainly on the size of the room where you placed your TV. As we already mentioned, RF keyboards offer you up to 10 feet range. As technology advances daily, it is not strange to find some RF models that can match Bluetooth models in the signal range, but they are still very rare.
- While IR keyboards are a relic, they can still offer you a decent signal range up to 12 feet, but they require a clean line between the keyboard and receiver to function properly. The Bluetooth keyboards offer you a much wider range up to 30 feet.
2. Battery Type And Life Span
- This feature is important from economic and convenience standings. Some keyboards require disposable batteries, and some use rechargeable ones.
- The models that use disposable batteries will allow you to quickly replace the batteries once they run out of juice, so make sure you always have spare ones around. As we all know, batteries can be quite expensive, so this type of keyboard will cost you a lot more in the long run. One more thing we don’t like is that batteries are not biodegradable so if you don’t want to contribute to pollution avoid them.
- The models that use rechargeable batteries will cost you less in the long run, and they are environmentally friendly. The bad side is that when they run out of power, you can’t use the keyboard until they are fully recharged. Anyway, make sure you choose the model that offers you the longest battery life possible.
The wireless keyboards are available in three different sizes:
- Full size – They are equipped with a full collection of keys, including the function keys and numeric pads. They are more convenient for computer users than for TV or tablet users. But all those additional keys can still be very useful for smart TV’s.
- Compact – These tiny keyboards are perfect for travels and occasional uses. This type of keyboard comes without additional keys like numeric pads and function keys. They are a great option for tablets and smart TV’s.
- Tenkeyless – They are the most popular version of the keyboard. They are smaller in size compared to full-size ones. The main difference is that they come with function keys, but manufacturers decided to ditch the numeric pad since many users decided to ignore them.
- A built-in touchpad provides the functionality of a mouse in your keyboard. This feature can make your keyboard more versatile, allowing you to perform several different actions by swiping your fingers across it.
5. Ergonomic Design
- Soon after you purchase the wireless keyboard, you will find out how useful it is, and you will want to use it all the time. That is why we recommend you to purchase the one that features ergonomic design to help you decrease fatigue and lower the risk of getting carpal tunnel syndrome.
Each of the keyboards from this list makes an excellent choice; of course, some of them will fit your needs better than others so choose wisely. Here we will list you our ultimate favourites.
Best Overall Value: Rii i4 Mini Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard
- We liked the versatility of this keyboard. Also, it is a risk-free buy since you can be sure you will successfully connect the keyboard with TV using Bluetooth connection or if that fails a USB port. It is effortless to pair, and the price is more than affordable for all this device has to offer.
Best Budget Option: Rii 2.4G Mini X1 Wireless Keyboard
- This little one will be a great addition to your living room. It might not have all the fancy features that most of the big boys do, but the most important thing is that this device does what it is supposed to do. Overall this is a cost-effective keyboard that will fit your needs perfectly.
Premium Pick: Logitech K830 Illuminated Living-Room Keyboard
- If you have deep pockets and you don’t mind spending some money on gadgets, then you found your perfect match. The Logitech K830 is the best premium keyboards that you can find on the market nowadays. Coupled with some fancy features and sleek modern design, you can’t go wrong by choosing this one.