Top 5 Best Mini Keyboards 2021:
- Fosmon Mini Bluetooth Keyboard
- iClever BK03
- Rii 2.4GHz Mini Wireless Keyboard
- ILEBYGO Mini Wireless Keyboard
- Logitech K480
Are you always on the move and use your phone for all your productivity needs? Do you often have to type long emails on your smartphone? Are you looking for a remote for your smart TV that’ll allow you to type more quickly?
If you answered yes to any of the questions above, then you need a mini keyboard. These little gadgets will turn your smartphone or tv into a powerhouse. How? Well, with the best mini keyboard, you won’t just be able to type faster, but you’ll also be able to control your phone or tv like never before. This is because most mini keyboards come with a trackpad that turns your smartphone into a mini PC.
The mini keyboard is a must if you own a smart TV, Chromecast device, or an android box. Most of these devices come with basic remote control, and you have to use the direction keys to navigate on the keyboard. You can also use your phone as a keyboard, but that’s not always possible. What if you’re in the middle of the phone call and want to search a video on youtube?
Unfortunately, since mini keyboards are cheap to produce, the market is flooded with all kinds of models. This can make the search for the mini keyboard a nightmare. You have to go over dozens, even hundreds of products before you find the right gadget for your needs. Not to mention how much time you have to invest.
Thankfully, you have us. We’ve done all the research and condensed it into this nifty article. Today, you’ll learn what the five best mini keyboards you can find on the current market, and you’ll learn how to find the best model for your needs in our buyer’s guide.
Related Read: The Best Wireless Keyboards For Samsung Smart TV
5 Best Mini Keyboards In 2021: Detailed Reviews
Here are our top five picks for the best mini keyboard. To ensure at least one of the products below catches your eye, we made sure to include both low-end and high-end models.
And if you end up not liking our choice, you can check out our guide below and learn how you can find the best mini keyboard for your needs.
1. Fosmon Mini Bluetooth Keyboard – Editor’s Choice
The first place in our list goes to a mini keyboard that’ll transform your smartphone and TV into a mini desktop computer with a press of a button. Fosmon Mini Bluetooth Keyboard offers the perfect mix of size, connectivity, and versatility.
Let’s first start with the keys. Fosmon mini keyboard features keys that are not that dissimilar to those on old Blackberry phones. They’re perfectly clicky and offer just enough tactile feedback, so you know you pressed the key. The coolest thing about them is that they’re backlit. So, if you’re too lazy to turn on the light, you can still type away.
We also love the dimensions. Measuring 162 x 69x 12.5 millimeters, this mini keyboard is small enough to fit into your pocket. What’s more, since it weighs just a bit over 70 grams, you won’t even feel it while carrying it.
The keyboard can be connected to a device either via Bluetooth 3.0 or via USB cable. If you connect it via cable, it’ll charge at the same time. As for the battery, it can last for 10 days before recharging, which is quite impressive for such a small device.
Finally, we especially loved the trackpad. Although it’s not big, it’s just big enough to allow you to browse the web and scroll through documents with ease.
- Very compact
- Long battery life
- Backlit keys
- Features a trackpad
- None whatsoever
2. iClever BK03 – Runner Up
If you’re looking for a mini keyboard that can boost your productivity on your smartphone, our second pick is the right choice for you. iClever BK03 features a novel folding design and keys that are just a pleasure to use.
iClever BK03 has one of the most exciting design out of all mini keyboards we’ve seen so far. To save space but still offer a decent typing experience, this mini keyboard folds. When folded, this gadget can easily fit into your pocket.
However, the real magic starts when you unfold the BK03 and start typing. This keyboard uses specially designed scissor switches to ensure you have a pleasurable typing experience. The keys offer enough tactile response that you know when you’ve pressed them, and we especially love the sound it makes when you type. The clickiness is not that dissimilar to a MacBook.
The bottom of the keyboard is constructed out of airplane aluminum. This ensures this mini keyboard won’t break that easily, and it gives it so much character. iClever BK03 is so stylish that it like something you’d see in a CEO office.
This mini keyboard uses Bluetooth 5.1 and can connect to up to three devices at once. You can type on your phone, press a button, and start typing on your laptop. The battery lasts up to 90 days with regular use and recharges in just 2 hours!
If only this mini keyboard came with a trackpad…
- Innovative folding design
- Excellent keys
- Can connect to up to 3 devices at once
- Extremely long battery life
- Doesn’t feature a trackpad
3. Rii 2.4GHz Mini Wireless Keyboard – Best Budget Mini Keyboard
If you’re looking for a mini keyboard that offers tons of versatility and doesn’t cost an arm and a leg, then you’ll be interested in our third pick. Rii 2.4GHz Mini Wireless keyboard comes with all the keys you’ll ever need, and it’s quite ergonomic to boot.
Let’s talk about keys first. Unlike our previous two picks, this mini keyboard features rubber keys. While we personally like our keyboards clicky, some find the sound of the keyboard terribly annoying. If that’s the case with you, this mini keyboard is a godsend. Just be prepared for a sub-par typing experience.
The keys are very gummy, and it feels like your typing over chewing gum. Still, when you factor in the price, this is not the most terrible keyboard out there. In fact, it comes with quite a few useful keys. There are keys for left and right mouse click, and it also features media buttons.
To give you more versatility, this mini keyboard also comes with a tiny trackpad. It’s quite responsive, and it also recognizes gestures. You’ll be able to flip through documents, and web pages like you’re on a regular computer.
The battery life is just amazing. With a full charge, this mini keyboard will allow you to type for a full month.
- Very affordable
- Features a trackpad
- Backlit keys
- Features media and mouse buttons
- The keys are too gummy
4. ILEBYGO Mini Wireless Keyboard – Best Keyless Mini Keyboard
Who needs keys? Not the ILEBYGO Mini Wireless Keyboard! That’s right, this mini keyboard doesn’t have any buttons. Instead, this gadget uses a touchscreen for all your typing needs. And with a press of a button, you can turn this mini keyboard into a mini trackpad!
Just because there are no keys, that doesn’t mean that the typing experience on this keyboard is horrible. Quite the contrary. ILEBYGO is exceptionally responsive. There is almost no input lag when you type.
We also like how you can adjust the brightness of the screen. If you’re in a dark room and don’t want to assault your eyes with bright light, just choose the first of three backlight settings, and you’re good.
Unfortunately, you won’t be able to get much use out of this mini keyboard under direct sunlight. Even if you set the backlight to the highest setting, you’re still going to have issues typing. That’s just an issue with all screens, no matter how good they are, the sun glare renders them useless.
Still, this mini keyboard is worth the money. You can connect it to your smart tv and use it as a remote, or you can connect it to your pc and use it for light web browsing and remote control.
- Keyless design
- Extremely responsive
- Decent battery life
- Very compact
- Sun glare renders it useless
- Uses a proprietary wireless connection
5. Logitech K480 – Best Mini Keyboard For Tablet Computers
You can’t talk about keyboards without mentioning Logitech at least once. This company has been on the leading edge when it comes to keyboard technology. From decked out mechanical keyboards to basic office keyboards, this company has very few sub-par keyboards in its product lineup.
The K480 is an excellent example of Logitech’s commitment to making high-quality peripherals for computers and mobile devices. It features Chiclet keys that feel quite nice to type on. The tactile feedback is just perfect, and there’s just the right amount of clickiness.
Unlike other keyboards we reviewed so far, the K480 is quite large for a mini keyboard. This is intentional because there is an indent at the top of the keyboard so you can place your tablet or smartphone so you can type. If you’re typing a lot while on the move, you’ll love this keyboard for it’s size.
On top of all this, thanks to inbuilt Bluetooth, this device can be connected to up to 3 devices at once. You switch between the devices by a beautifully designed dial located on the upper-right edge of this mini keyboard.
The keyboard uses 2 AAA batteries for power, which means the battery life solely depends on the types of batteries you use. Still, with a decent pair of AAA batteries inside, you’ll be able to type on this mini keyboard for weeks before you suck the batteries dry.
- Can connect to up to 3 devices at once
- Excellent Chiclet keys
- Has an indent for your tablet or smartphone
- Very durable
- A bit big for a mini keyboard
- Requires AAA batteries to work
What Is A Mini Keyboard And Why You Should Buy One
Before we get into reasons why you should buy a mini keyboard, let’s explain what this gadget actually is.
So, as the name of the device implies, mini keyboards are in many ways similar to regular keyboards, only they’re much smaller. While these gadgets can be used with desktop computers, they’re primarily used on smartphones, smart TVs, and smart boxes.
A mini keyboard can turn your smartphone into a productivity powerhouse. If you’re spending most of your workdays typing messages and emails on your phone, with one of these gadgets by your side, you’ll be able to double your typing speed. Mini keyboards allow you to use all your fingers to type, not just your thumbs.
Speaking of thumbs, you can get a mini keyboard just for your smart TV. And if you purchase a model with a trackpad, you won’t be more than a couple of seconds from watching your favorite tv show or movie. With a mini keyboard, you can also browse the web via your smart TV like never before. You won’t have to rely on the TV remote that simply can’t fit all the keys you need for an optimal surfing experience.
If you like gaming while on the train or bus, you should go for a mini keyboard. Most Android and iOS games have full keyboard support. On top of that, there’s always emulation. You can install one of many console emulators on your phone and play retro games without having to use the laggy on-screen controls.
3 Factors You Should Consider When Buying A Mini Keyboard
Before you buy the best mini keyboard for your needs, here are 3 factors you should consider when buying.
- The keys are the most essential part of any keyboard. You may often search and buy a keyboard looking at its other specifications and never think about the keys.
- Just because the keyboard has backlit keys, doesn’t mean the keys itself aren’t anything to write home about.
- So, how to choose the perfect keys?
- The answer is simple. It’s totally up to your personal preference. Some people prefer a mechanical mini keyboard while others prefer the rubber membrane.
- If you always used a classical keyboard, we recommend you try some other type. You won’t know how different writing on a keyboard can be until you try different types of keys.
- You can’t even imagine how satisfying typing will be once you find the perfect type of keys for you. So, take a good thought when buying.
- You may think that the higher the price, the better the mini keyboard. But that isn’t always the case.
- Some keyboards have a stupidly high price without an apparent reason that actually justifies the price.
- Choose a keyboard that is on your budget. You won’t miss out on anything really important.
- If the mini keyboard suits your needs and feels good when typing, it’s a perfect choice.
- The only reason why you should maybe consider paying a higher price is the warranty. We are sure you want to buy a mini keyboard and not to think about buying a new one in the next two years. So, look for a mini keyboard that has a warranty of at least 1 year.
- Most of us grew up with a standard flat keyboard, but today there are so many options for the design. No matter if you’re planning to use the mini keyboard for work, writing, or something else, you can find a design that suits you perfectly.
- We recommend you choose an ergonomic design, regardless of what you need the keyboard for. The ergonomic design will prevent wrist fatigue and reduce the risk of getting carpal tunnel syndrome.
- You may want to buy a mini keyboard with backlight if you often use it in the dark. The backlight is a popular feature, and many keyboards have it.
- Some mini keyboards have a trackpad, just like on a laptop what makes them really handy. A trackpad allows you to quickly scroll through web pages and menus.
See Also: The Best Keyboard Wrist Rest
Here we are at the end of our little adventure, all that’s left now is to do a quick recap.
If you’re looking for the best mini keyboard on the market, we recommend you pick up a Fosmon Mini Bluetooth Keyboard.Not only does this mini keyboard offer a decent typing experience, but it also features a mini trackpad and backlit keys.
If you’re looking for a mini keyboard that’ll boost your productivity, we recommend you go for iClever BK03. Thanks to its foldable design, this mini keyboard will transform into a full keyboard that’ll make typing on your phone or tablet lightning fast.
For those on a tight budget, we recommend you pick up a Rii 2.4GHz Mini Wireless Keyboard. Although it offers a sub-par typing experience, it makes it up with media keys and the touchpad.