Top 5 Best Bath Mats 2021:
- Gorilla Grip Original Luxury Chenille Bathroom Rug Mat
- Genteele Memory Foam Bath Mat
- MAYSHINE Chenille Bathroom Rug Mat
- Utopia Towels Cotton Banded Bath Mats 2 Pack
- Bambusi Luxury Bamboo Bath Mat
I know many of you take this product for granted, but bath mats should be an essential part of every bathroom. I can guarantee that many of you who read this article don’t have one; if you do, you most likely don’t even notice them or their role in your everyday life.
A good bath mat will bring some aesthetic appeal into your cold, sterile-looking bathroom while also preventing discomfort and injuries.
I dedicated hours and hours to this research until I discovered the best bath mat for your home.
Related: The Best Bath Pillow
See Also: The Best Shower Mirror
What You Need To Know About Bath Mats
First thing first, the main purpose of this product is to dry your feet and prevent you from slipping on the wet floor. If you ask me, that reason alone is enough to buy one today. Still, like with all other products there are things you should consider first before buying one.
- The most important thing about bath mat material is to choose the one that has the ability to absorb water well and dry quickly because let’s be honest – who would like to have a bath mat that will get moldy quickly. When it comes to materials, there are three main kinds of bath mats: woven, memory foam, and wooden.
- If you want a soft and cozy bath mat that will absorb all the moisture, the woven bath mat is your pick. They can also be made from cotton or synthetic material. Logically, cotton mats are better in absorption than synthetic ones. On the other hand, synthetic mats dry quicker than cotton mats.
- Memory foam mats are a great option for people who are looking for the most comfortable bath mats. They will provide a soft and supportive barrier between the floor and your feet. Unfortunately, they don’t absorb the moisture very well, and they are prone to get moldy because they can’t dry quick enough.
- And the last kind to consider are wooden bath mats. For me, they are the worst choice. They look great, but they aren’t comfortable, nor they absorb the water very well, so you still can slip and hurt yourself.
- As I already said, it is essential to buy a non-slippery bath mat. What is the point of having a bath mat that will slide across your bathroom every time you step on it? Always look out for mats that have a non-slip design or have some kind of coating that will prevent slipping.
3. Suitable For Washing Machine And Tumble Drier
Why would you change your bath mat frequently if you can buy the one you can safely wash in the washing machine? Most mats are machine-washable, but I do recommend to check the washing instructions before you buy the bath mat. Also, if you can find the ones that are suitable for a tumble dryer, make sure you buy them and save a lot of time on drying.
4. Size Of The Mat
- Bath mats come in different sizes. So before you decide to purchase one, make sure to measure your bathroom. You need a mat that will cover all the areas in front of the tub and sink, but make sure you can open and close the bathroom door without a problem.
- Bath mats can be oval, round, square, and long. They can even be thick like a rug (fluffy with more texture) or thin like flatter mats. There are different patterns, colors, and designs that you can choose from to fit your personal preferences the best.
5 Best Bath Mats In 2021: Detailed Reviews
This bath mat is made from microfiber, and you can find it on Amazon.com in 5 different sizes and a wide variety of colors.
The fibers are very dense, thick, and soft. The height of the fibers is approximately 2.5 cm, which means that the rug has a plush high-pile surface that makes it very soft and comfortable for feet. This rug can easily get stuck under the door, so make sure you place it far away from the bathroom entrance.
MAYSHINE Chenille Bathroom Rug Mat’s design involves a fiber-locking technique. This means you don’t need to worry about your rug looking worn-out after washing it a few times in the washing machine. You do need to follow the washing instructions to maintain the soft and plush look. Use only cold water and neutral detergents. This rug is not suitable for tumble dryer machines.
Most of the rugs that are made from synthetic materials do not absorb the water very well, but this one surprised me. Not only that, you can be sure it will dry out quickly; it will also absorb the water very well. But I can’t guarantee you that they are 100% non-slip. The coating under the mat can be problematic on some floors. They are quite heavy, which mainly contributes to the non-slippery feature of this mat.
- Comes in 5 different sizes and many colors
- Very soft and comfortable for your feet
- Fiber-locking technique
- Machine washable
- Great absorption
- Dries very fast
- The non-slip coating is problematic
- Not suitable for tumble dryer machines
Gorilla bath rug mat is microfiber-made. It comes in 10 different sizes, from small ones to large ones so everyone can easily find the perfect match for their bathroom. And also, you can choose from various colors and patterns.
Thick fibers make this rug plush and soft so it is not only pretty to look at it; it actually does a great job of protecting your feet from the cold floor. The mat absorbs water well and dries very fast, so you do not need to worry about mold.
I already said that most of the mats are machine-washable. But what differentiates this mat from others is that you can tumble dry it without worrying about damaging it. This is possible thanks to TP rubber coating that can withstand being tumble dried on gentle cycle.
Always make sure that you place this rug on the dry floor. The grip on this mat works great with any surface as long is it clean and thoroughly dry. The rubber coating loses its non-slip ability if the water comes underneath the rug. So if you own a bathtub and you are prone to splashing water in larger amounts, this mat is not for you. I highly recommend it for bathrooms with walk-in showers.
- Comes in 10 different sizes and a wide variety of colors and patterns
- Soft and plushy
- Machine washable
- Tumble dryer safe
- Great absorption and dries very fast
- It loses the non-slippery ability if the water comes under the mat
This is the only product that comes in a pair, and it is made from 100% ring-spun cotton, so it is eco-friendly. This mat comes in one size and for a great price for a pair of two. You can choose between 9 different colors. The advantage of owning a two bath mat is that you will always have a spare, clean bath mat to use if the previous one takes too much time to dry off.
These mats are lightweight, double-hammed, and have a towel-like texture that will guarantee comfort. The absorption power is excellent. Remember how I said earlier that cotton mats are prone to get moldy? Well, this particular model isn’t because it doesn’t have rubber coating, but it still takes more time to dry out then microfiber ones.
You can wash these mats in the machine weekly, but make sure to wash it separately because of lint shades easily. Also, you can put them in a tumble dryer without any risk. The manufacturers advise avoiding using bleaches and fabric softeners to prolong the lifespan of these mats.
Because these mats don’t have rubber coating, they are prone to slipping, especially if you have marble on your bathroom floor. Also, the lack of coating means that edges will curl up and down easily.
- Comes in a pair
- Lightweight with a towel like texture
- Excellent absorption
- Machine washable
- Suitable for tumble dryer
- Prone to slipping especially on the marble floor
- Edges curl up and down
- Lint shades easily so you must wash them separately
This bath mat comes in 5 different sizes and a wide variety of colors. Thanks to its elegant design, this mat is also a multi-purpose unit; you can place it anywhere you need a warm and soft mat for your feet to rest.
Genteele Memory Foam bath mat is filled with a thick layer of memory foam, and outer material is velvet microfiber, which makes this math super soft and cozy. Also, this means it absorbs water very well, but unfortunately, it needs a lot more time to dry off than any other model from this list. It is highly recommended to dry it off after every use, or it will get moldy.
It is safe to wash this mat in the washing machine with mild detergent and cold water. Never use bleach! You can even dry it in the tumble dryer on low heat, which is a great plus for a mat that is known to take a lot of time to completely dry.
This model does not have a rubber coating. Instead, the manufacturer uses PVC dots to prevent slipping and movements. All you need to do is to place it on a clean and dry floor, and you can be sure the mat won’t slide across the bathroom. If a larger amount of water comes underneath the mat, it may start slipping a little, so make sure you don’t splash larger amounts of water.
- Comes in 5 different sizes and a wide variety of colors
- Elegant design
- Super soft because of the velvet microfiber layer
- A thick layer of memory foam makes this bath mat ultra-comfortable
- Great absorption
- Suitable for machine wash and tumble dryer
- PVC dots
- Needs a lot of time to dry after use
If you always wanted to give a more rustic and natural look to your bathroom, this wooden bath mat is made for you. Some people prefer to feel hard pad underneath their feet more than soft and damp rugs. But be aware that if you place this mat inside your bathroom, your floor will be wet for sure. You can place this mat inside the shower if you want, but I’m not sure how long it will withstand that kind of use.
This mat is handcrafted and eco-friendly because it is made from Moso bamboo. The manufacturer claims that this bath mat is waterproof, but unfortunately, this isn’t true. After a month or two depending on usage, the black mold will appear on your mat, which is very bad. Maybe if you use it outdoors during summer while it is extremely hot, you can prolong its lifespan.
This model comes with six soft pads on the bottom side to prevent slipping. The wooden type of bath mats will never be able to serve you well as woven or memory foam mats especially because in most cases they cost a lot more and all you get from them is a spa-like looking bathroom. If you ask me you should avoid them at all costs.
- Eco-friendly and handcrafted
- Gives a rustic and natural look to your bathroom
- Can be used indoor and outdoor
- Does not absorb water at all
- The bathroom floor will be wet for sure
- Wood rot and develop a black mold
- High price
Is there anything more important than your safety? I think not. That’s why I hope that after reading this article, you will finally understand how important role the bath mat has in your bathroom. So if by now, you never give a thought about buying or replacing your old bath mat, now is the time to consider purchasing one of my top 3 picks.
Best Overall Value: Gorilla Grip Original Luxury Chenille Bathroom Rug Mat
- This soft shaggy design will give a modern look to your bathroom. It also feels great under your feet. This bath mat absorbs water rapidly and quickly dries off. It is a washing machine and tumble dryer friendly. The non-slip rubber coating will prevent slipping accidents in the bathroom. What else do you need?
Best Budget Option: Genteele Memory Foam Bath Mat
- If you need an ultra-comfortable, absorbent, and stylish bath mat that will last long, you will find your pair in this model. It will protect you from the cold floor and falls. I guarantee you that this bath mat offers you the best value for the price!
Premium Pick: MAYSHINE Chenille Bathroom Rug Mat
- If you have some extra money on the side and you want to give your bathroom a more luxurious look, you can’t go wrong with this bath mat. The mat feels lovely and soft underfoot. It will keep you warm and safe. Also, if you have a spacious bathroom, the dimensions of this model will be a perfect fit.