Top 5 Best Bath Pillows 2021:
- Epica 2X-Thick Luxury Spa Bath Pillow
- QuiltedAir BathBed Deluxe
- Aquasentials Inflatable Bath Pillow
- Bath Haven Luxurious Bath Pillow for Women & Men
- Coastacloud Full Body Spa Bath Pillow Mat
We have all seen movies where a girl or a guy lying in a bathtub filled with bubbles and hot water, slowly sipping some wine or champagne while smooth jazz is playing in the background. Looks like a scene the dreams are made from, right?
Well, yes and no. The idea is definitely good. But all of us who have ever tried to bring this piece of Hollywood dolce vita into their own home know that bathtubs, even the most spacious ones, were not designed for lying in them.
Yeah, who would tell – the movies were telling a lie all along. De-stressing in hot water can actually put a lot of stress on your back.
The good news is that your half an hour of bubble-filled joy can still be saved. All you need to do – get yourself a right bath pillow, and all of your back problems will be solved.
But, what is the best bath pillow the money can currently buy? Let us try to find out.
Related: The Best Bath Mat
5 Best Bath Pillows In 2021: Detailed Reviews
1. Epica 2X-Thick Luxury Spa Bath Pillow – Best Product Overall
As you will see in the short buying guide we are going to present below, all of the bath pillow materials have their own strengths and weaknesses. Probably, the best thing we can say is that the designers managed to take the best of two opposing worlds and create one incredibly satisfying while still affordable package.
What are we talking about?
Well, the core of this package is produced from high-quality and very comfortable double-thick luxury foam, not unlike the one we are used to seeing in exclusive spas. Sure, the ones you get there pack far more longevity, but at this price point, we have nothing to complain about.
The great thing about this design-approach is that this comfortable foam is neatly wrapped into a soft synthetic overlay that does a great job of keeping the foam dry. The material also dries very fast, so props to the designers.
But, good things do not stop here. The pillow is made from parts, easily bends around the edge of your tub, and seven suction cups located at the bottom are as heavy-duty as they get.
We would, however, like to see the next iteration of this product a bit larger. If you are of more substantial stature, you will have a hard time enjoying the product to the fullest extent.
- Comfortable and water-resistant
- Easy to maintain
- Dries fast
- Heavy-duty suction cups
- Not the biggest unit on the market
2. QuiltedAir BathBed Deluxe – Best Premium Product
One of the main issues with bath pillows, in general, is that they are pillows. They will provide excellent back and neck support, but what about the rest of you? The answer is easy – if you invest a couple of dollars more, you will get the enjoyment all the way through.
It is easy to observe now that the main lure of this product is the fact that it spreads throughout most of your bath’s bottom surface. And that’s simply great.
But, how does QuiletdAir BathBed Deluxe perform in a real-life scenario? We are happy to report – pretty darn well.
First and foremost, we need design. Sure, the manufacturer made a conscious compromise and built its product entirely from quilted air 3D mesh. The whole thing is machine-wash safe, and that’s great, but it will take some time to properly dry out.
On the other hand, the level of comfort you get is unprecedented. To put it simply, the unit is a joy to use, and it’s worth every second of drying you need to go through. As a matter of fact, the manufacturers were also kind enough to include the clever wave-pattern that optimizes the pillow’s pressure points and provide even more enjoyment.
The other things we would like to point out are excellent portability, 13 strong suction cups, and a one-piece design that finds the perfect balance between strength and versatility.
- Unprecedented comfort
- Cleaver wave pattern
- Ample size
- Great durability
- A bit too pricey
- Gets wet
3. Aquasentials Inflatable Bath Pillow – Best Budget Bath Pillow
Cheap products are, in most cases, a thing to be avoided. But, if they somehow manage to offer solid quality proportional to their size, they are more than definitely worth attention. Especially if you just want to put something cozy under your head while you are soaking.
Well, if you recognize yourself in the words above, this is a product you should seriously take into consideration.
You see, Aquasentials Inflatable Bath Pillow is dirty cheap. So much so that you could easily make a purchase, just give it a try. Hidden behind that lucrative price is a neat inflatable pillow that will provide you more than a couple of pleasant hours in the bathtub.
For instance, while most of the cheap inflatable pillows go with a generic synthetic overlay, this one is actually packed with quality terry cloth. If you keep it half-inflated, you will get a great deal of comfort out of it.
Also, you get four strong suction cups, which is not always the case in this price range. Throw into equation reasonable size and ease of maintenance, and you will get one very worthwhile purchase.
On the other hand, the unit is inflatable and one-piece, so you get zero versatility. The durability – not so great, either.
But, with all things said, this pillow still packs a killer price-value ratio.
- Extremely low price
- Pleasant surface
- Reasonable size
- Four suction cups
- Not very durable
- Poor versatility
4. Bath Haven Luxurious Bath Pillow for Women & Men – The Bath Pillow with Best Ergonomics
We had really high hopes when we reviewed this product. For the most part, our expectations were met. However, there is one thing that left us yearning for more. The thing is that one single flaw is not something you can easily overlook.
But, let us start with the positives. The unit we are talking about features a very well-thought design that will provide strong support to your neck, head, and shoulders, regardless of your stature. So, in terms of ergonomics, the product definitely checks all the right boxes.
The second thing we are thoroughly impressed with is the mesh cloth used for production. Boy, is this a joy to use. The comfort on display here is excellent, and even some of the inherent flaws of this type of product (they tend to become damp rather fast) are counterbalanced with rock-solid breathability that makes drying a breeze.
And don’t get us started about that sweet pillow bump the unit packs. Nothing short of excellent.
Our main point of contempt is the quality of suction cups or lack thereof. To put it simply, sometimes they work, sometimes they don’t. Taking into consideration this is a one-piece unit, the level of performance you will get will vary from excellent to poor.
But, when it works, it works like a charm.
- Excellent ergonomics
- Great build quality
- Incredibly cozy
- Dries out fast
- Suction bases do compromise performance
5. Coastacloud Full Body Spa Bath Pillow Mat – Best Large Sized Bath Pillow
It’s odd to see two products that pack so many similar pros and so many similar cons and yet feeling so different. To move complaints off the table immediately, this bath pillow, or let’s call it a bed to be even more precise, has an issue with suction cups.
For the lack of better words, they are bad. In normal circumstances, this would be a deal-breaker – especially coming at this price. Fortunately enough, the product packs more than enough qualities to counterbalance this significant oversight.
But, the things the pillow does well it does so good we couldn’t resist putting it in our top five.
Let us start by stating the product is huge. So much so that even if the suction bases fail at some point, you will still get enough support to keep the unit well-spread around the tub. The 3D mesh material is also pretty darn good. It’s eco-friendly, sturdy, easy to maintain, and dries reasonably fast.
The most important thing – everything on display here feels very, very comfortable. With so much spread on display, you will be easily able to cover all major points of your back – regardless of the stature.
Once it’s dry, the unit is easy to wrap and even easier to store.
So there you have it. If you have enough money, definitely worth a gamble.
- Excellent spread
- Incredibly comfortable
- Quality materials
- Great pillow
- Rather expensive
- Poor suction bases
A Couple Of Things You Should Consider To Find The Best Bath Pillow
Ok, those were our top five contenders competing for the title of the best bath pillow on the market. And now that we had an opportunity to take a good look at their pros and cons, it is time to quickly go through some important considerations that will help you to find the option that suits your needs the best.
Sure, we are going to present you with our top three recommendations, but our picks don’t necessarily have to work for you and your bathtub. Besides, the products like these are easy to exploit, and there are way too many manufacturers willing to rob you of your hard-earned money with some cheap, inferior quality knock-offs.
So, you have virtually nothing to lose by learning more about available options and what makes good bath pillows good.
Keeping that in mind, here are the most important things you should consider before buying a bath pillow.
1. The Type Of Material
The materials the bath pillows are made from have an incredibly strong influence on the level of enjoyment you will get out of these products. And we are not talking only about comfort. Materials, to no small extent, have an impact on durability, ease of maintenance, and so on.
So, let us quickly break down some of the most common options you can find on the shelf in the store nearby.
- Plastic/vinyl bath pillows – Plastic bath pillows are known for their low price, waterproof features, and pretty strong durability. However, plastic is the material that is not that pleasant to spend too much time on.
- Foam bath pillows – Foam bath pillows are the polar opposite of plastic. They are incredibly soft and pleasant but take a lot of time to properly dry out.
- Jelly bath pillows – The best thing about jelly bath pillows is that they can be frozen for the cooling back therapy. However, they are somewhat lacking in other essential departments.
- Inflatable bat pillows – Inflatable bath pillows have one outstanding quality – their firmness can be adjusted. However, they do require more work and preparation, and the material they are covered with has a great influence on their overall comfort.
2. The Size Of The Bath Pillow
- This one seems kind of obvious, but it’s still worth elaborating. The thing is – your bath pillow does not only need to be large enough to properly fit your bathtub. You also need to get a strong head and neck support if you ever want to feel comfortable. So, do your best to take a good look at your tub’s lip size before going shopping.
- Also, keep in mind that some types of pillows are foldable (inflatable products take a big hit here), so they allow you a higher level of versatility.
3. The Number Of Suction Cups
- This rule definitely has a couple of exceptions, but, generally speaking, the more suction cups the unit packs, the stronger is the support you are going to get. Also, more suction cups means that the pillow will be able to more easily flex around the bottom of the tub.
- Still, all these things will depend on the size and the quality of the very suction cups. For instance, the larger and firmer cups will do a much better job of keeping the pillows in place.
4. The Design Of The Bath Pillow
- The bath pillows come in a wide variety of different designs and shapes. Without any intention to cover all of them (that would take too much time), we will present you with some of the more preferable options.
- Namely, multipart bath pillows are known to offer more neck support and better flexibility than the solid ones. Also, shell shapes tend to be more comfortable and fit better into traditional bathtubs than rigid rectangular designs.
- Finally, being the products that are made to spend a lot of time in the water, it is incredibly important that your pillows will offer strong water resistance and will be able to dry out as fast as possible. Synthetic materials have a distinct advantage here. On the other hand, the cloth can pick up the mold if you don’t have a warm place to keep it there while the material is entirely moisture-free.
Final Thoughts And Recommendations
And now, when we are finally at the very end, it is time to proclaim the winner of the roundup and tell you what is the best bath pillow you can currently buy. Taking into consideration just how different all these products are our main point for evaluation was just how well all these pillows perform in regards to their price.
So, keeping that in mind, here are the top three picks you should take into consideration during your next purchase.
Best product overall: Epica 2X-Thick Luxury Spa Bath Pillow
- This product does not pack some unprecedented quality. What it does pack is an excellent performance, ease of maintenance, and incredible convenience. All these things are coming at an incredibly lucrative price. So, as long as you can live with somewhat small-ish dimensions, you will get a great deal of enjoyment out of this one.
Best premium product: QuiltedAir BathBed Deluxe
- It is not that big of a secret that premium quality comes at a premium price. If you are ready to pay that premium price, this is definitely a product for you. Seriously, what’s not to like? The dimensions are more than satisfying, the quality even better, and the ease of maintenance is on point. All in all – strong recommendations on our behalf.
Best budget pick: Aquasentials Inflatable Bath Pillow
- Yeah, as we already stated in the product review, this unit packs more than a couple of flaws. But, when we take into consideration the price tag that proudly hangs on the package, we are more than willing to look away from these drawbacks. If you are still on the fence about bath pillows and you want to give one of them a try so you can get an overall gist, you can’t find the better product than this.