Top 5 Best Scentsy Scents 2020:
- Scentsy Baked Apple Pie Scented Wax
- Scentsy Spring Break-Spring Fling Bundle
- Scentsy Sea Salt & Avocado
- Scentsy, My Dear Watson, Wickless Candle Tart Warmer Wax
- Scentsy French Lavender Wickless Candle Tart Warmer Wax
Many people out there are still on the fence about the whole aromatherapy story. We are not nearly educated in the field of medicine to make an argument for or against scents being used as a therapy in the case of some severe medical conditions.
What we do know from personal experience is that pleasant fragrance can lift the mood, make your day more energetic and even lift some nasty headaches.
So, drowning yourself in pleasant aromas can’t truly harm you. On the other hand, it can provide some more than useful benefits. Bottom line, you should give it a try.
And what is the better place to start than Scentsy, the biggest name in the contemporary household fragrance name?
Therefore, we are going to take a quick look at some of the best Scentsy scents you can currently find on the market and try to find the best match for your home.
Like always, we have five contenders. Fasten your seatbelts, we are talking off.
5 Best Scentsy Scents In 2020: Detailed Reviews
1. Scentsy Baked Apple Pie Scented Wax – Best Scentsy Scent Overall
You know the old proverb that says that “an apple a day keeps the doctor away?” Well, in the case of this pleasant, scented wax, we can say that ancient wise men were onto something. But, you don’t need to eat an apple but rather use the wax bar in the warmer. And the good doctor you can put on hold is whoever keeps track of migraine episodes.
Joking aside, the scent of baked apples is delightful, so we had a good incentive to keep our warmer turned on as much as possible. And spending hours upon hours in front of the keyboard does make your head go “ouch” more than we like to admit.
Scentsy Baked Apple Pie Scented Wax did a great job of alleviating this stressful situation. As soon as we started using bars, we noticed that the pressure in our heads began dropping until we finally felt like we had just set in front of the PC.
So, if you are suffering sharp headaches, the wax may not be the best medicine you can resort to. But, if you need something to silent the constant ringing between your ears, this product will prove to be more than helpful.
The only drawback that crosses our mind, in this case, is that, no matter how pleasant the smell of baked apples is, the overall mix would greatly benefit from a couple of punchy additions like citrus. Still great, though.
- Alleviates headache pain
- Peaceful and serene scent
- Good price
- The wax could benefit from more ingredients
2. Scentsy Spring Break-Spring Fling Bundle – Best Premium Scentsy Pack
Now this package looks exciting. Seriously, why would you restrict yourself to one fragrance when this package contains as much as four?
Sure, you will need to spend a hefty amount of money, and sure, you need to be willing to experiment. But, if you have these two requirement boxes checked, you are in for a treat. So, what are the fragrances you can find inside? The manufacturer calls them Lemon Verbena, Blue Grotto, Havana Cabana, and Amazon Rain.
As you can assume based on the name, the scent is incredibly refreshing, punchy, and energizing. Thanks to the addition of both lemon and verbena, you get the perfect balance between grassy and fruity notes.
Blue Grotto is all about invoking marine feel. The addition of sea salt and refreshing notes makes the wax refreshing but also incredibly sharp and provoking. Great for the quiet moments of introspection.
Habana Cabana is a real tropical delight and combines the scents of pineapples, bananas, and oranges. Refreshing but maybe too fruity for our taste.
Finally, we have Amazon Rain, a near-perfect approximation of remote rainforest that calms the nerves and lifts the mood.
The great thing about having all these fragrances in one place is that you can try to make your own unique combinations. On the downside, the chances are that if you dig some of them, others won’t feel nearly as pleasing.
- Good variety of fragrances
- Great value for money
- Good for people who like to experiment
- A bit pricey package
3. Scentsy Sea Salt & Avocado – Best Affordable Scentsy Scent
This scented wax is a perfect example of how you can combine ingredients that, at first glance, don’t have much in common and create something exceptional. Well, at least to an extent.
The two primary scents we have on display here are sea salt and avocado.
Sea salt, in itself, is very strong, sharp, and refreshing. It helps you clear your mind, gather your thoughts, and get the work done. Avocado, on the other hand, is cheerful, fruity, and pretty laid back. You would think that when you put them together, they would undermine each other.
But that’s not the case here. On the contrary, these two polar opposites seem to pull the best from their partner. So you get something that is sharp and chill at the same time. It’s hard to explain, you have to give it a try to experience what we are talking about.
Now, why did we say “to an extent” in the introduction?
Well, although the blend of different scents is almost perfectly balanced, the strength of the smell is not something to write home about.
To be more precise, we had to use a couple of cubes to achieve the desired effect, even in smaller rooms. Who knows how much wax we would need to burn to fill in the larger spaces with enough fragrance.
Still, the product is very affordable, so there’s that.
- Excellent blend of fragrances
- Invokes a lot of different emotions
- Very affordable
- The scent could be stronger
4. Scentsy, My Dear Watson, Wickless Candle Tart Warmer Wax – Best Scentsy Scent for Concentration
Giving your product that corny “My dear Watson” moniker takes a lot of nerve. Seriously, the whole gimmick has been way too overused, and you are setting yourself some incredibly big shoes to fill.
But, the people from Scentsy managed to pull it off.
Of course, we haven’t become world-class detectives and solved the mystery of stolen crown jewels, but the wax does a lot of heavy lifting to help you concentrate and achieve the optimal level of productivity.
The fragrance combination that makes all this possible consists of powerhouse performers like, for instance, bergamot (a type of orange), mint, cedar, and suede. So, you pretty much have all things covered – you are getting necessary refreshment, calming softwood smell provided by cedar, cognitive stamina – courtesy of gentle mint notes, and sensuous feel of suede.
And you know what – we had such a great time with this potent and very unorthodox blend. Believe us when we say that melting the wax in your office will raise your productivity by a noticeable margin. You may even use the wax to distress at home after a long shift at work.
Unfortunately, the product features the same flaw as the previous we covered – the smell is simply too weak. Fortunately enough, this neat bundle features three 8-cube packs, so you should be covered for a foreseeable time.
- Positive effect on concentration
- Raises productivity
- Calming features
- Generous package
- Somewhat weak scent
5. Scentsy French Lavender Wickless Candle Tart Warmer Wax – Best Scentsy Scent for Insomnia
Last but not least, we have one incredibly popular Scentsy scent graced with the aroma of French lavender. We were very excited to try this one. For a start, we have heard a lot of good things about it. Second, we know a couple of people suffering from chronic insomnia.
Is there any better way to test the scent known for its calming effects than to pass it to someone who is a restless sleeper?
And, our experiment turned out great. After a couple of days of use immediately before going to bed, our test subjects (sorry to all involved in the project) noticed they have far fewer problems falling to sleep. Even better, when they finally passed to Dreamland, they slept peacefully and haven’t been waking up.
As for our overall impression, what to say – lavender packs a wonderful scent and is a joy to have around. We felt calmer, more serene, and genuinely relaxed.
As a matter of fact, in some cases (keeping the wax to close), we even felt a bit dizzy. So, don’t use the wax during some job that requires a high level of concentration or before hitting the road.
But, if you need something to calm your nerves and get you relaxed after a long stressful day, you will hardly find a better fragrance than this – not even in Scentsy’s expansive offer.
- A pleasant smell of French lavender
- Strong relaxing effects
- Good for people suffering from insomnia
- Leaves you somewhat groggy
Things You Should Take Into Account When Considering Best Scentsy Scents
So, these were the top five best Scentsy scents you can currently find on the market. Well, at least in our opinion.
That brings us to one important question – what exactly makes one scent pleasant? The answer is straightforward – no one knows.
Yes, the decision you are going to make before spending the money is entirely arbitrary. Some people will enjoy the apple fragrance. Others will get a kick out of cinnamon. The bottom line, everyone has a personal opinion about which scent is pleasant and which one is not.
And with more than 90 fragrances currently available, Scentsy is not making this job any easier.
So, we will skip the discussion about the very fragrances altogether here and when the time comes to declare the winner of the roundup.
However, much like any other products, Scentsy scents have a couple of other features that may influence your purchase decision, and we will focus on them. Of course, with a touch of personal affection towards some fragrances that are considered to be universally pleasing.
1. The Price
- Although they all work on the same basic principle, Scentsy fragrances are sold at a couple of different prices. Granted, the range is not that large – you can land most of them between 5 and 15 bucks. But, if you are going to buy them in bulks or very frequently, even these slight price differences tend to stack up.
- So, do your math and see just how much of these packages you need in the long run. If you are going to use the fragrances on a daily basis, more expensive options may prove to be too expensive.
- One of the best ways to avoid this problem is to look for the bundles that offer you two or more same fragrances with a massive discount. For instance, three scents that are usually sold at $12 per pack can be found decorated with more than a lucrative price of $25 or even less.
- The downside of these packages is that if you still don’t know, you can end up with three fragrance packs you don’t entirely enjoy. So, if you are a first time user, we recommend that you start with single packages and move on to the bundles when you figure out which scent you enjoy the most.
3. The Properties Of Different Scents
Without dwelling too much on the efficiency of aromatherapy, different scents have been traditionally associated with various benefits. So let us quickly break down some of the most popular mentions:
- Lavender – Scent with strong relaxing properties often used as an insomnia treatment.
- Cinnamon – Some researches indicate that the cinnamon as a scent has a positive effect on brain power and memory.
- Pine – Although not as efficient as lavender, the scent of pine can provide a great deal of stress relief. Ever walked through a pine forest? You know what we talk about?
- Citrus – Being brisk and sharp as they are, scents like lemon and orange can help people raise alertness and lift energy.
- Vanilla – In a study published in 2004, scientists found that an occasional sniff of vanilla scent can increase a person’s feel of joy and relaxation. The downside is that the very fragrance is very faint.
- Peppermint – A smell of peppermint has been long associated with benefits like cognitive stamina, higher motivation, and better mental performance.
- Apple – The scent of apple helps reduce headache symptoms and eases migraine episodes.
4. The Strength Of The Scent
- Some scents are naturally more prominent and stimulating than others. Take, for instance, peppermint and vanilla – there is no way they can compete head to head.
- And then, we have to point out that Scentsy, although a powerhouse in its industry, is not the most consistent fragrance manufacturer. Some scents that should be brisk and sharp simply don’t produce the desired effect.
- No need to worry, though – if you have checked our reviews, you can see that we have pointed out the fragrances that “underperform.” That doesn’t make them bad, but keep in mind that you will need to use more bars to fill the bigger rooms.
Final Thoughts And Recommendations
So, now that we had an opportunity to take a good look at some of the best Scentsy scents currently available on the market, it is time to give you our top three recommendations.
If you have read the buying guide, you know how difficult this was – discussing something that can be best described as personal preferences was never an easy task. But, we will do our best to be as impartial as possible.
Best Scentsy scent overall: Scentsy Baked Apple Pie Scented Wax
- Everyone loves the smell of baked apples – or we at least hope so. What’s important to point out here is that this specific scent features both relaxing and energizing effects that are very balanced out. So, if you are looking for something with a good overall appeal to get you started, this is the wax for you.
Best premium Scentsy pack: Scentsy Spring Break-Spring Fling Bundle
- This package asks that you pay a lofty price. But, on the other hand, you do get a lot for the money you invest. Come on – four different scents, each representing a mixture of a couple of exciting fragrances. If you are in the mood for experimentation, and have a couple of dollars more to spend, give it a check.
Best affordable Scentsy scent: Scentsy Sea Salt & Avocado
- Scentsy Sea Salt & Avocado Wax may not be overly potent, but on the other hand, it’s not that expensive either. And the mix of sea salt and avocado represents a surprisingly good combination. Overall an excellent gateway for all aromatherapy beginners.