Top 5 Best Knee Braces For Torn Meniscus 2020:
- Powerlix Knee Compression Sleeve
- Shock Doctor Hinged Knee Brace
- Physix Gear Knee Support Brace
- EzyFit Knee Brace
- Bodyprox Knee Brace
Meniscus tear is one of the most frequent cartilage injuries of the knee, and it most often affects athletes and individuals who are physically active. However, it can occur if you twist or turn your knee abruptly, so in reality, it can happen to anyone.
Of course, it is of prime importance that you pay a visit to your doctor once it occurs to you that you might suffer from a torn meniscus.
Most of the cases don’t require surgical intervention, and taking a rest and the time for your healing is enough.
However, everyone who has experienced this condition knows how painful and prolonged the healing process can be.
At the final stages of your recovery, there is an item that you will most definitely want to buy – a knee brace.
Once you can walk and run again, it is crucial to use the best knee brace for torn meniscus that does not only alleviate the pain but also prevents such accidents from happening again.
5 Best Knee Braces For Torn Meniscus In 2020: Detailed Reviews
To bring you the list of the best knee braces for a torn meniscus, we’ve tested out dozens of knee braces and reviewed the top five for you.
1. Powerlix Knee Compression Sleeve – The Best Knee Brace Overall
Right from the start, you can say hello to the king of the knee braces – Powerlix Knee Compression Sleeve.
It is the absolute best-seller and the most reviewed knee brace in this category, so, naturally, we had to try it out and see whether it lives up to the expectations.
We are happy to say that that it does, fully. But let’s see why.
The technique it applies is stable pressure across your knee joint, thus keeping your knee and meniscus secure, while still maintaining the freedom and leg movement.
At the same time, compression keeps an optimal joint temperature by improving blood circulation.
With items like this, it is essential that you get the perfect fit. Powerlix made sure to create as many as five sizes (S, M, L, XL, XXL) so that everybody can find an appropriate brace for them.
What is more, there are three different colors you can choose from – black, blue, and pink. The design of your knee brace, of course, is not the primary factor, but this one got the maximum points in that area too.
A pro tip: When deciding on the size of the knee brace, measure your knee circumference below your kneecap so that you get the comfort and functionality.
Apart from providing excellent support and protection to your knee, what sets the Powerlix knee brace apart from all the other is the quality construction.
The unique knitted design with two silicone gel strips means that the brace will not slip under any circumstances, and the fabric is smooth, soft, and breathable.
Oh, and the company offers a 6-month 100% money-back guarantee, but we cannot really imagine that anyone has ever been dissatisfied with this knee brace.
- Significantly reduces pain
- 360-degree protection
- Different sizes & colors
- Excellent material
- We couldn’t find any!
2. Shock Doctor Hinged Knee Brace – Best Post-Surgery Knee Brace
Those of you who need extremely firm compression will like our second-best knee brace, by Shock Doctor.
While it limits your movement a tiny bit more than the previous one, it still performs incredibly well at preventing and healing meniscus injuries.
Again, the technique of compression that is implemented supports your knee, thus alleviating the pain and improving the blood flow.
In addition to helping you with a torn meniscus, this brace can provide support for medial and lateral instability, minor patella instability, minor ligament sprains, and arthritis.
The crucial thing, again, is to get the right fit, and that won’t be a problem with seven different sizes that you can buy. Just make sure to measure the circumference of your knee correctly.
By the way, this brace is really tight, so we recommend getting a bigger size if you have any doubts.
The technique that enables such sturdy protection is utilizing heavy-duty bilateral hinges. They contain a four-way stretch spandex mesh (very elastic) that allows you to move your knee while adequately protecting it.
All these features are squeezed into durable and quality materials that are latex-free, flexible with side stabilizers, and with durable stitching. There are also easy grip tabs to make sure that it fits tightly.
It is a slip-on type of brace with Velcro adjustments at the upper and the bottom part of the brace.
Moreover, maintenance of this knee brace is a breeze, as it’ll be enough to hand-wash it with mild detergent and air dry it before use.
- The highest amount of compression
- Suitable for severe injuries
- Premium stitching
- Lightweight fabric
- No irritation to the skin
- Again, none!
3. EzyFit Knee Brace – Best Adjustable Knee Brace
Our next pick, the EzyFit knee brace, is another excellent knee stabilizer and perfect support for a torn meniscus.
It does a great job of securing your knee in place, while still allowing for natural movement and flexibility of the joint while you’re doing any physical activity.
What allows it to be flexible and sturdy at the same time are the well-used materials.
The top and bottom non-slip silicone strips ensure it stays firmly in place, and they are enhanced with quadruple side stabilizers, two on each side of your knee. In that way, you get 360-degree protection.
The part that accounts for the movement and flexibility is made from a 3.5mm-stretch Neoprene, which is a nylon and polyester blend. In addition to being elastic, this combination of materials is also very easy to clean and dry.
Thanks to these breathable materials, you can wear the knee brace as long as you need to. It is usually required for a few hours, but there can be “bad days” when you simply need the support all day long. And the EzyFit knee brace will be there for you!
There are three sizes, ranging from 9 to 24 inches, which will surely account for all possible circumferences of the knee.
The EzyFit knee brace is great in assisting recovery not only from a torn meniscus but also from any knee surgery, ACL, tendonitis, arthritis, etc.
- Easy to wash
- Suitable for many conditions
- Allows enough flexibility
- Silicone stabilizers
- Good for all sports
- Does not speed up the blood flow as efficiently as some other models
4. Physix Gear Knee Support Brace – Best Knee Brace for Athletes
If you’re an athlete or a professional sportsman who wants a knee brace that will not in any way interfere with your performance, the Physix Gear knee support brace might be the right choice for you.
It’s also the best way to go if you need whole-day support, as it is so lightweight you’ll sometimes forget you are wearing it!
But it is not only light and smooth; the pain relief is also very satisfactory. The materials that account for this are the durable 4-way stretch Lycra and a breathable nylon-type of fabric.
The company has rolled out the “Physix Flexi Knitting,” which is utilized so that it allows a full range of motion. It can bend, adjust, and shape according to your leg movement.
More importantly, it won’t slide off your knee – there is the anti-slip zigzag grip due to the silicone parts of the brace.
There are four sizes that you can choose from (anywhere from 14.5 to 27 inches), and they are available in black, beige, and grey variants. You can also purchase a pair for a lower price.
All in all, you’ll be quickly back in the game with the Physix Gear knee support brace after you’ve torn your meniscus.
It is nice knowing that, if something goes wrong, or you simply don’t like this brace (which we believe won’t be the case), manufacturers have included the full money-back guarantee.
- Lightweight design
- Fully flexible
- Isn’t stiff at all
- Constructed with premium materials
- Knee braces that implement more compression might be a better choice for those of you who aren’t professional athletes
The Bodyprox knee brace packs in a lot of must-have features for a perfect knee brace for a torn meniscus.
There are two flexible spring stabilizers on each side of the brace that secure the brace and allow for a natural movement of your leg.
At the front part, where your kneecap is, a silicone Patella gel pad reduces the pressure on the joint and alleviates the pain in your knee. This is the so-called “open Patella design” with an opening at your kneecap area.
The brace is further firmly adjusted by a Velcro design strap that you can wrap around your leg, and adjust the tightness as you prefer.
It really does an excellent job at helping you heal comfortably and keeping your knee safe from any further injuries.
Nevertheless, there is a potential downside that cannot go unmentioned. It is a “universal-fit” kind of brace, which means that you can buy only one size that they claim fits all adult men and women.
However, of course, it won’t fit all the adults, as the company advertises it. But it will fit most.
The thing is, there is the Velcro strap that allows you to align the brace as you wish, and it will fit most of the people, regardless of the knee circumference. The problem is that it cannot fit a thigh that is around 22 inches and more.
Other than that, you’ll be fine, and the fact that it is a universal size means that you can buy it as a gift.
- Extremely comfortable to wear
- The inner sweat absorption feature
- Patella gel pads
- Good pain relief
- High range of motion
- Only one size
How Can A Knee Brace Help You For Torn Meniscus?
The quality knee brace helps you on two frontiers:
- It facilitates recovery & reduces the symptoms
- It prevents further injuries
Both of these benefits are achieved in a couple of ways.
Simply put, the best knee brace for torn meniscus:
1. Enhances Stability In The Joints.
- The joints and muscles are interrelated, and when one part is injured, it leads to instability in the surrounding areas. In this particular case, pieces of the torn meniscus can move to the joint space, and your whole knee can become affected and swollen.
- The knee brace is a necessary component, or better yet, the adequate support to keep all of the muscles and joints together until the full recovery takes place.
2. Reduces The Direct Pressure From Your Meniscus.
- The knee brace shifts the focus from your meniscus to your upper leg and acts as a sort of a pillar around the knee. This results in pain relief.
3. Increases Your Circulation.
- By compression, the knee brace adds pressure to your knee, which in return stimulates your circulation. The increased blood flow significantly speeds up the recovery process, as more oxygen and nutrients are concentrated in the injured area.
- What is most important is that the best knee brace for torn meniscus does not skimp on the quality of the either – rehabilitation and prevention must go hand in hand.
Factors To Consider When Buying A Knee Brace
For an informed decision about the purchase of this item that will make your life easier after you’ve torn meniscus, you need to consider a few criteria.
There are several main types of knee braces:
- Sleeves – As the name suggests, you slip them over your knee. These are our favorite ones since they allow for the appropriate amount of compression and comfort, but it’s very tough and daunting to find a quality one. Of course, we got you covered there.
- Hinged braces – Generally, they are more rigid than other types, and over the highest level of protection.
- Straps – They are similar to the slip ones, as you pull them up, but they usually have Velcro straps for adjusting.
- Open Patella braces – These have a hole in the center of the knee brace, which accounts for the extra relief. The opening can include a gel that puts some pressure on your kneecap, thus providing additional support.
To decide on the best type for your condition, we suggest consulting your doctor and physiotherapist and going for the one they recommend.
Different stages of recovery may also require different knee braces.
This is a bit of a delicate factor, and you should always consult a specific guide to the measurements of a particular knee brace.
- If the manufacturers haven’t provided one, it’s better to skip on that brace. Wearing an ill-fitting knee brace can be even more dangerous than not wearing one!
- So, always make sure to get the right size for your knee (again, measure it right around the kneecap!).
All of our best picks have different size options (except for one), so you can rest assured that you’ll easily find the fit for you.
Conclusion: What Is The Best Knee Brace For Torn Meniscus?
By now, it is clear that taking good care of your knee after tearing the meniscus is a must.
All that is left is to see what are the top three knee braces for torn meniscus, based on our research and experience.
The most effective knee brace at relieving acute and chronic knee pain from the torn meniscus is the Powerlix knee brace.
Your health is invaluable, so we’re not proclaiming the best budget pick here. All the braces are pretty much inexpensive, as well.
The best knee brace for those of you who need a higher supporting brace is the Shock Doctor knee brace.
Finally, athletes who want a lot of flexibility and less rigidness should go for the Physix knee brace.