Top 5 Best Car Wash Soaps 2020:
- Meguiar’s G7101FFP Gold Class Car Wash Soap – 1 gallon
- Chemical Guys CWS301 Citrus Wash and Gloss Concentrated Car Wash – 1 gallon
- Optimum (NR2010G) No Rinse Wash & Shine – 1 Gallon
- Chemical Guys CWS402 Mr. Pink Super Suds Car Wash Soap – 1 gallon
- Aero Cosmetics Wet or Waterless Car Wash Kit – 1.1 gallon
If you are here reading these lines, chances that you wash your car on your own are high.
Also, if you are here, that only means your faithful washing companion failed you, and you need a new one.
Nobody wants to spend hours washing their cars and end up with miserable results. That is why you need to invest in the best car wash soap that money can buy.
We are happy to announce that we had a privilege to test and review five amazing products that will, for sure, maintain the exterior of your car in flawless condition for a long time. So if you are ready, let’s begin.
Related: The Best Waterless Car Washes
5 Best Car Wash Soaps In 2020: Detailed Reviews
1. Meguiar’s G7101FFP Gold Class Car Wash Soap – 1 gallon – Great Bang For A Buck
This particular car wash soap is indisputably the most popular one on the market nowadays. This is concentrated soap so you can say you hit the jackpot with this one considering the affordable price for the amount.
The specifically designed formula is pH-balanced and non-detergent. This product will shampoo and condition your car at the same time. It will slice through grimes, dirt, and grease with such ease that washing your car will become an absolute joy from now on. Yet it is still so gentle that it won’t strip the waxing off.
The foam capability is excellent. The soap is very thick and requires a decent amount of water to be properly diluted. It is recommended to dilute the soap in ratio 5:1 when using a power washer. We must warn you that this product is more suitable and efficient for two bucket washing system than for power washer probably because of its consistency.
If you decide to use it with a power washer, be aware that there will be a lot of haze so you will additionally need to rub the soap to remove the dirt. Dry out your car properly to prevent stains and streaks.
- Affordable price for the amount
- Concentrated and thick
- Very effective
- It serves as soap and conditioner
- Great foam capability
- This soap won’t strip the wax off
- Not so good with power washers
2. Chemical Guys CWS402 Mr. Pink Super Suds Car Wash Soap – 1 gallon – Delicious Smell For Extra Slick Finish
Mr. Pink car wash is a product that you must take in consideration if you belong to that group of people who wash their car once a week.
The main reason why it is recommended for regular use is that it has a pH-neutral formula that won’t harm the plastic, glass, rubber, and vinyl components of your car. Also, thanks to the super polymer formula, it will not strip the wax coating no matter if it is carnauba wax or synthetic wax sealant.
The pH neutral formula will lubricate the surface of your car, offering you scratch-free and gentle wash experience. It will remove all kinds of dirt with ease while maintaining colour intact. The finishing is shiny without using wax.
This soap is suitable for hand washing and a power washer. When using it by hand, make sure you use the two bucket system and a lot of towels.
The manufacturers claim that this soap is stain and streak-free even when exposed to the sunlight, which we can’t say it’s true. It will rinse thoroughly, but unfortunately, if you don’t towel dry your car correctly, you will end up with a smudged surface. Always use 1 ounce of soap per 5 gallons of water to prevent filmy residue on your vehicle’s exterior.
- The soap is pH-neutral
- Safe for all parts of the car
- Suitable for hand wash and power washer
- Safe for weekly use
- Not streak-free
- Will leave a filmy residue if not diluted properly
3. Optimum (NR2010G) No Rinse Wash & Shine – 1 Gallon – Best Option For Brand New Cars
ONR is a great choice for anyone who wants to clean their car with minimum effort. It is a no-rinse formula so it will come in very handy to people who live in areas where the water restrictions are regular.
This soap breaks the dirt from the surface easily. All you need to do is to mix 2 cups of soap with two gallons of water. Use the microfiber towel to apply the mixture and rub the dirt away. The only thing we consider as annoying is the number of microfiber towels you will need to remove the dirty foam since this product should not be rinsed off. If you want you can use it with a power washer, but you also must use towels to remove residue dirt.
The formula contains substantive polymers that bond to the paint and protect the surface from any possible scratching that can occur during the washing process. The aftermath results are slick and glossy finish with no filmy residue. That’s why we recommend protecting your car from dust with a layer of wax after washing.
If your car is really muddy, you must blast the mud with a hose, or you won’t be able to wash your car. This soap might seem pricey but remember you can use it absolutely anywhere and anytime.
- Suitable for a power washer and hand washing
- The cleaning process requires a lot of microfiber towels
4. Chemical Guys CWS301 Citrus Wash and Gloss Concentrated Car Wash – 1 gallon – Environment-Friendly
If using eco-friendly products are your thing, then this might be the perfect option for you. The soap has no additives or thickenings, and no artificial colors. It is fully biodegradable, and we guarantee you that you will enjoy its citrus-based smell.
Despite being biodegradable, it cleans quite well thanks to its concentrated formula. It will provide you with a lot of suds that will lubricate the surface of your car and prevent scratches while you are removing grime and dirt. The soap is very effective in removing all kinds of impurities so you will only need one cap of soap per 5 gallons of water!
If you prefer to wash your car using a power washer, this product will serve you well. From all the soaps from the list, this one works the best with them. This doesn’t mean it’s not suitable for bucket washing, but the formula tends to make your hands slick when using it with towels.
Follow the dosage instructions strictly, since the acidic citrus components can harm your hands and strip the wax from your car if you use too much of the product. The Chemical Guys CWS301 will offer you a shiny finish without using wax, but it is not 100% streak-free so make sure to dry your car properly after washing.
- Suitable for hand wash and power washer
- Enhance the gloss of your car
- Not streak-free
- Might harm your hands and strip wax if used too much product
5. Aero Cosmetics Wet or Waterless Car Wash Kit – 1.1 gallon – All-In-One Product
This soap is a waterless wash, wax, biodegradable, high-quality product that is aircraft-graded. This means you can use it to wash your car, aircraft, boat, RV, as well as the interior of your car like a dashboard. The main purpose of this car wash soap is to protect your car and enhance the natural gloss of the paint.
The soap is alcohol-free and ammonia-free. This formula is pH-balanced, and it will gently wash your car while removing grime and dirt. It is safe to use on ceramic coatings, waxes, sealants, and any other type of protection films.
To clean the car, you only need to spray the solution on the surface and gently rub it with a damp towel. Use the dry towel to remove any residue before the solution dries. It is not suitable for use with a power washer since the formula is not made to be diluted. Also, do not use it on cars that are extremely dirty.
After you finish, your car will be protected by a layer of shiny non-stick UV resistant coating that will last for a week. This product is not the best choice if you have a black or navy colored car since the stains and streaks will be visible on them. We agree that price is a bit high for the product that can’t be diluted.
- The formula is pH-balanced
- Non-stick UV resistant coating
- Not suitable for dark-colored cars
- Not suitable or power washer
Things To Consider Before Buying A Car Wash Soap
To make sure you give your car a thorough clean, you need a high-quality car wash soap. Not only do the top-notch products help to lift stains, debris and impurities much easier, they will also keep your cars wax coating intact. The following lines are your way of making sure you can identify the best possible products.
1. Type Of Soap
There are three different types of car wash soaps available on the market today. Depending on where you live and what you want the soap to do you can choose between:
- Concentrated Soap – This type is the most common type on the market. They are outstanding in fighting debris and impurities. Make sure you dilute the soap before using since the formula in concentrated form can damage the paint. Also, they last longer considering that the ratio is usually 1 ounce of soap per 2 gallons of water.
- Wash and Wax – They are the best choice if you live in hot climates because they will protect the paint from damage. After you wash your car with this soap, there will be a thin layer of waxy residue that will also protect your vehicle from accumulating dirt for a few days.
- Rinse-free – If you live in areas where the water restriction is a normal thing, this is your pick. They will cost you as much as the regular car wash soap you already been using and will provide the same results.
2. Neutral pH
- The pH level of the soap formula determines the acidity or alkalinity of the product. Alkalinity is way better for your car since it is very effective in breaking the dirt and grime of acidic nature.
- Car wash soaps that have acidic pH when used in the longer run will decompose the thickness of paint. That’s why we always recommend you to use car wash soaps with neutral pH.
Now, you can also choose between soaps that produce heavy or light foam. The ones that produce heavy foam are preferred by a great majority of car owners and experts. Let’s find out why.
- Heavy Foam – Experts recommend that you should always choose this type of soaps since they produce a large concentration of lather. The amount of foam will help you break up even the hardest impurities. The foam automatically captures dirt that loosens up from the paint. So, basically, all you need to do is wipe off the foam, and your car is clean as ever.
- Light Foam – When you use soaps that can’t create thick foam, you will have to apply much more effort when scrubbing. The reason why is that light foam is not that good in trapping and removing dirt particles. Do we need to mention that you risk damaging the car’s paint when scrubbing harder then you should?
4. Wax Or Conditioner
Both the wax and the conditioner will give your car shiny finish – the only difference is which one do you prefer more.
- Car Wash Wax – This option will offer you the best from both worlds. You will successfully remove all the impurities from your car and protect the paint from weather conditions. But you must be aware that car wax and car wash wax are not the same thing. The car wax is more concentrated and should only be used from time to time.
- Car Wash Conditioner – Conditioners will give your car a great sparkle, but unfortunately, they are not so efficient with removing dirt and grime. They are more suitable for cars that have little or no dirt at all. That is why we recommend you to use them combined with car wash wax and not instead of it.
5. Glossy Or Matte Finish
Depending on what visually pleases you the most, you can opt between car wash soaps that will give your car either a glossy or matte finish.
- Glossy Finish – If you want your car to shine bright, make sure you buy the soap with synthetic gloss enhancer. This type of formula is based on conditioners and not on waxes. The conditioner will bring out the natural glossy effect from the pain, making your car look sleek and silky. Of course, they are more suitable for cars that are already washed or have a small amount of dirt on them.
- Matte Finish – The cars that have matte paint on them reflect less light and are way better in hiding imperfections like scratches. These types of soaps are great for owners of older car models or the ones that tend to keep the same care around for years to come. They also are a bit expensive compared to previous ones.
- You should always buy the ones that are biodegradable, considering that every time you rinse them off, they end up in the sewer. This will not make any difference for your car, but it will, for sure, have a big impact on your surroundings.
7. Water Spot And Streak Resistance
- Most car wash soaps tend to leave swirls, streaks, and spots. If you want to put an end to that make sure you buy the soaps that offer spot and streak resistance. Considering that they dry quicker this way, you are minimizing the risk of unwanted marks.
- Car wash soaps tend to have intensive scents that will not be appreciated by everyone. This is important if you have some kind of allergies or suffering from breathing problems; in that case, we recommend buying the scentless one.
The best car soap is the one that will allow you to finish your job without a lot of fuss. Choosing the right one depends on many factors; one of them is the price. That is why we tried to cover all price ranges and pick the favorite from each category.
Best Overall Value: Meguiar’s G7101FFP Gold Class Car Wash Soap
- Honestly, for us, nothing can come close to this product. It is affordable, concentrated, and smells absolutely fabulous. On top of all, you can count on this soap to clean without removing the paint’s built-in wax coating.
Best Budget Option: Chemical Guys CWS301 Citrus Wash and Gloss Concentrated Car Wash
- If you are looking for a product that will not harm our environment, this citrus wash might be a good option for you. Also, considering the amount and concentration, it is very affordable compared to other products with similar features.
Premium Pick: Optimum (NR2010G) No Rinse Wash & Shine
- This soap is perfect for people who want quick and effective results and does not ask how much that will cost them. In addition to having the power to release dirt and grime fast and efficiently, this soap will also give your car a brilliant shiny finish.