Top 5 Best Car Waxes 2020:
- MEGUIAR’S G18216 Ultimate Liquid Wax
- P21S 12700W Carnauba Wax
- Turtle Wax 50834 1-Step Wax & Dry Double Pack
- CarGuys Hybrid Wax Sealant
- Chemical Guys WAC_201_16 Butter Wet Wax
If you are a dedicated car-owner, you must know how significant it is to take good care of your car, especially the car’s surface. Just washing your car is not enough if you want to keep a well-maintained, brand-new look.
Car detailing is a long process and applying car wax is a nice final touch. Not only does it give your car a better appearance, but it also provides an extra layer of protection against harmful environment. If your car is exposed to a lot of sunlight or rain, a layer of car wax will make sure that the surface remains shiny and intact.
All this means it is very important to wax your car on a regular basis. Luckily, there are many amazing car waxes you can choose from. There are also some things you should consider before you decide which one to buy, but don’t worry, we’ve covered them all.
If you want to find out which is the best car wax on the market, keep on reading!
Related: The Best Wax For Black Cars
5 Best Car Waxes In 2020: Detailed Reviews
1. MEGUIAR’S G18216 Ultimate Liquid Wax – Best Overall
An absolute winner when it comes to car waxes is this MEGUIAR’S Ultimate Liquid Wax. It offers long-lasting protection, a wonderful shine, and effortless application!
It is made of advanced synthetic polymers that crosslink to create a long-lasting protective barrier while at the same time amplifying reflection of the surface. It delivers exceptional durability, protection, and depth of color.
This liquid wax is capable of producing exceptional appearance. The crosslinking of the polymers will give your car a brand-new look since they reflect the sun for a mirror-like shine. And, you don’t have to worry about any white residue appearing on the trim of your car!
Thanks to the consistency of the wax, applying it is a piece of cake. It was designed with Thin Film technology that provides easy application. You can choose whether you wish to apply it with your hands or by using a power tool.
However, there is a minor issue when it comes to removing the wax. It is a slightly more tiring process than applying, but this can be easily overlooked considering the benefits and the quality the wax provides.
MEGUIAR’S wax also has Hydrophobic Polymer technology that will keep your car paint protected during rain. Water will just roll off the surface and you can relax knowing there won’t be any stains from the rain on your beautiful car.
- Crosslinked polymers provide extreme shine
- Easy to apply
- Long-lasting protection
- It can be a bit difficult to wipe it off
2. CarGuys Hybrid Wax Sealant – Multipurpose Choice
One of the best car waxes available right now must be this one by CarGuys. The manufacturer calls this product “magic in the bottle” because it produces a deep shine, smooth surface, and long-lasting protection!
CarGuys Hybrid wax is mostly made up of synthetic polymers. However, it is infused with natural carnauba wax. This makes a perfect combination since the wax works at a molecular level to create a slick surface and polymers make sure that the wax stays on the surface for a long time.
The unique thing about this wax is that it can be used on many different surfaces. Feel free to safely use it on car paint, plastic, interior paint, chrome and glass without worrying it will leave any residue!
Applying the wax should be no trouble at all. It only takes about 15 minutes to apply it everywhere and it’s very easy to wipe it off too. One minor flaw of this wax is that it has to be applied on a cool surface and in a cooler environment as well. Otherwise, the application process might be a bit more difficult.
Another great thing about this wax is that it offers UV protection that prevents damages caused by the sun. Furthermore, thanks to the hydrophobic layer the wax creates, all water droplets will roll off the surface without leaving any traces.
- A premium mix of synthetic polymers and carnauba wax
- Safe to use on different surfaces
- Protects from the sun
- Has to be applied in a cool environment
3. Turtle Wax 50834 1-Step Wax & Dry Double Pack – Most Affordable Option
Car wax that offers the best quality for money is this Turtle Wax and Dry. In this very budget-friendly set you get not one, but two 26-oz. bottles and a free microfiber towel!
Turtle Wax and Dry was carefully formulated to have exceptional quality. It’s made of a mix of protective polymers and carnauba wax. The wax creates an extremely shiny surface and the polymers make sure that the wax stays on the surface for as long as possible.
When it comes to ease of application, this is one of the best car waxes out there. Thanks to its ingredients and effectiveness they offer, you don’t have to go through the typical process of waxing. Once you’re done washing your car, you can immediately apply the wax even while the car is still wet. When the wax dries, you can effortlessly wipe it off.
All this means that with the Turtle Wax and Dry you can wash and wax your car in a very short time. One bottle of this wax can be used on 17 car, and with the two-pack special, you can wash your car 34 times before you run out of wax!
Another amazing thing about this wax is that it is an excellent rain repellent. All water drops will just roll off the surface. This is particularly useful if you live in a rainy area.
- Easy to apply and wipe off
- Offers long-lasting shine
- There may be some streaking on a black surface
4. P21S 12700W Carnauba Wax – A Premium Pick
P21S paste wax is an interesting mix of carnauba wax and beeswax. The carnauba wax provides incredible, long-lasting shine and the beeswax makes it very easy to apply. It is a perfect mix for effortless application and effective waxing!
Thanks to the beeswax, you will have no trouble applying this car wax. The beeswax makes the whole process easier and therefore more enjoyable. It is just as easy to wipe off the wax once you are done. And, you can be sure there won’t be any residue afterward. Overall, the only issue with this wax is the container. It can be a bit difficult to open it and get the wax out.
Even though the container can be a little problematic, you cannot deny that this wax produces exceptional shine and luster. It reflects the sunshine very well thus enhancing the level of shine even more. Your car will look smoother than ever.
On top of all this, P21S car wax protects your car from both sun and rain! It forms a hardy, protective layer that keeps the paint in good condition for a long time. Your beloved car will be safe against harmful sun and raindrops will simply roll off the surface without leaving any water spots!
Overall, this is an extraordinary car wax that will not disappoint you! The only downside is a bit higher price.
- Easy to apply and wipe off
- Produces amazing, long-lasting shine
- Protects against sun and water
- A bit pricey
- Not the best container design
5. Chemical Guys WAC_201_16 Butter Wet Wax – Pure Carnauba Wax
If you want a car wax that is made of 100 percent carnauba wax, then this is the best choice for you! Although it has the same properties as the solid carnauba wax, this one is a creme wax, so it has much greater viscosity.
Thanks to the creme texture of the wax, it is very easy to apply it on the surface of your car. In fact, the whole process requires minimal effort since the wax goes on the surface nice and smooth. It can also be wiped off just as easily. There won’t be any streaks left behind which is one less thing to worry about!
You will also be happy to know that, thanks to the new formulation, a small amount of wax can cover a large area on your car. This means that the bottle will last you for a long time and you can also choose from a variety of sizes. There is a 4 oz, 16 oz, 64 oz, and the largest one is 128 oz!
Chemical Guys wax was not made to be multipurpose, meaning it cannot be used on different surfaces. However, it is very forgiving, so if you happen to rub some on the plastic components of your car, it will come off easily!
In addition to all this, it offers long-lasting protection against the sun! It also protects against water, but the effect is not as long-lasting.
- 100 percent carnauba wax
- Easy to apply and wipe off
- Protects against sun
- Protection against water is not long-lasting
Benefits Of Using Car Wax
You may think that there aren’t any benefits that come from using car wax. On the contrary, waxing your car regularly is very important and it has a lot of benefits.
Experts in the field of automobiles cite that protection against superficial damage is one the most important things if you want to take good care of your car.
When you apply the wax, it creates a slippery surface that prevents all kinds of damages. All harmful particles and debris will simply roll off the surface thanks to the shiny, protective layer the wax leaves behind. Not only will they roll-off, but they also won’t leave any scratch marks or dents!
In addition to protection, car wax also provides a nicer appearance. After a wax session, your car will look brand-new and better than ever. Not to mention, most car waxes have a long-lasting effect, so your care will look nice and smooth with just a few waxings a year!
Think of waxing your car like investing in your future. If you ever wish to sell the car, it will go for a higher price if it’s well-maintained.
See Also: The Best Bug And Tar Removers
Things To Consider Before You Buy A Car Wax
If you’ve shopped for a car wax before, then you probably know there are many different types and varieties you can choose from. If you are new to car waxing, don’t worry, we will tell you everything you should know before you decide which car wax to buy.
1. Car Wax Ingredients
When it comes to ingredients of car waxes, the two most common are carnauba and synthetic wax.
- Carnauba waxes are preferred by professional detailers and collectors because they give your car a rich glow and deep, wet look. Carnauba wax makes it look like the wax blends well into the paint rather than being “on” the paint.
- If you live in a sunny area and want to protect your car from harmful sunshine, carnauba waxes are the best choice for you. They work extremely well to keep the car paint from being damaged by the sun or rain. One downside of carnauba waxes is that they don’t last as long as synthetic waxes, and the wax finish will begin to wear off in 6 to 8 weeks.
- On the other hand, synthetic car waxes offer exceptional durability. On average, the protective layer created by a synthetic wax will last for about 5 or 6 months, although there are some waxes that provide protection for up to 2 years after applying. Compared to carnauba waxes, synthetic waxes provide a somewhat lower level of shine. However, this is not a big flaw since it will get the job done!
2. Type Of Wax
Car waxes usually come in three types of containers and states. The most common are paste wax, liquid wax, and spray wax.
- Paste wax is relatively easy to apply and it can be easily buffed as well. However, the wipe-off process can be a bit tricky sometimes. You may need to put a little more effort but the final result will not let you down. Depending on the design of the container, it can also be a bit more difficult to take the paste out. However, paste wax offers extreme durability, so these minor flaws can be overlooked!
- Liquid waxes are extremely easy to pour out but it can be difficult to spread them out evenly. This is why you have to be more careful when using liquid wax. On the other hand, wiping it off is also extremely easy!
- Spray waxes are the most popular choice because of how easy it is to apply them. The bottle of the spray wax is very convenient to use and it will shorten the amount of time you spend on waxing!
3. Level Of Protection
It is important to choose a car wax whose properties will satisfy your needs. It is best to choose the level of protection depending on where you live.
- If you live in a sunny area and your car will often be exposed to dangerous sunlight, the best option for you is a car wax that offers UV protection.
- If there is a lot of rain where you live, choose a car wax that has Hydrophobic properties. The raindrops will simply roll off the surface of the car without leaving any water spots.
Some of the high-end car waxes have both of these features, so you can get the one that will protect your car from both sunlight and rain!
Final Thoughts And Recommendations
It wasn’t easy to choose top-five car waxes since there are so many amazing choices out there. However, after gathering all the information and testing out so many options, we’ve carefully selected these five as best car waxes on the market, and these are our top recommendations.
Best Overall: MEGUIAR’S G18216 Ultimate Liquid Wax
- MEGUIAR’S Ultimate wax is one of the top choices because it provides extreme shine thanks to the crosslinking of the protective polymers in the wax. It offers an extra layer of protection, it’s rain repellent and it comes at a reasonable price!
Premium Choice: P21S 12700W Carnauba Wax
- P21S wax is a 100 percent carnauba wax that provides extreme shine. It is very easy to apply and wipe off, and it offers ultimate protection against both sunlight and water. If the price point is not a problem for you, you will not be disappointed by this wax!
Budget-Friendly Option: Turtle Wax 50834 1-Step Wax & Dry Double Pack
- This Turtle Wax and Dry spray wax will give your car a nice and shiny look while protecting it from water stains. It comes as a set in which you get two bottles of wax and a microfiber towel at an exceptionally affordable price!