Top 5 Best Bass Speakers 2020:
- AOMAIS Life Bluetooth Speakers
- Edifier R1280T Powered Bookshelf Speakers
- Yamaha YHT-4930UBL Speaker System
- Sony GTK-XB72 High Power Home Audio System
- Pioneer TS-M800PRO Speakers
Every bass fan is quite aware that buying a great bass speaker is not an easy task. You want to find a speaker with not only powerful bass and punchy beats but also high sound quality.
The second problem is the number of bass speakers on the market today. In an array of different brands and models, it can be pretty challenging to identify the one you will never regret buying.
However, even though it might seem like the options are endless, we have a few tips and tricks that will help you identify the bass speaker with unique selling points to best suit your personal needs.
So, without any further ado, we present you with a unique guide and detailed reviews of 5 of the best bass speakers according to performance and sound quality. Use our know-how and experience to assist you in all your future purchases!
5 Best Bass Speakers In 2020: Detailed Reviews
1. Edifier R1280T Powered Bookshelf Speakers – Retro look & faithful sound production
The Edifier R1280T speakers are among the best bookshelf bass speakers. Before we get down to technicalities, we must say a word or two about the looks. Namely, the elegant wooden finish and retro design of these speakers is sure to complement your home’s décor and make it more luxurious.
Of course, when it comes to speakers, the sound is far more important than appearance, and so you will be pleased to know that thanks to a 4-inch range unit and a 13mm silk dome tweeter, R1280T provides you with a studio-quality sound.
A pair of AUX inputs guarantees easy connection and compatibility with any device that features a 3.5mm headphone output. The presence of dual-RCA output enables you to connect to your TV too and use these Edifier speakers as cinema bass speakers.
Besides a 4-inch bass driver, the R1280T features a calibrated, flared bass reflex port too. As a result, you can enjoy deep and rich bass notes that are full of presence. The good news is that these are not only affordable and versatile bookshelf speakers but also backed up by a two-year guarantee.
- Faithful sound production
- Bass, treble and volume dials
- A precise booming midrange
- Handy remote control
- Ability to adjust treble and bass from -6 to +6 dB
- Dual RCA Input
- 2-year warranty
- No 1/4” or XLR port
2. Yamaha YHT-4930UBL Speaker System – Advanced features and optimal power consumption
The YHT-4930UBL speaker system comes with 4 HDMI input and outputs as well as an array of advanced surround features such as Extra bass and DSP effect normalization. Most of all, it performs superbly and delivers exceptional sound quality. These bass speakers can also be used for a home theater system, projector, or even gaming.
If you are not sure how to set this system up, you can rely on the provided YPAO and microphone optimization software. It will evaluate your room and then set up all the needed parameters appropriately.
Thanks to the ECO mode, Yamaha YHT-4930UBL is an environmentally-friendly model with minimal power consumption. You can also set the automatic power-saving mode for the best possible results.
This compact Yamaha 5.1-channel speaker system comes with a highly potent 6 ½ inches 100-watt powered subwoofer that guarantees rich and robust bass. Both Bluetooth and wireless connectivity are supported so that you can enjoy the superb sound without any limitations.
- Supports 4K Ultra HD with the compatibility of HDCP 2.2
- Features a separate 5.1-channel amplifier design
- Sound optimization tuning
- Good power specification
- Bluetooth and wireless connectivity
- Sound optimization tuning
- Discrete Amp Configuration
- Free technical support for 90 days
- Complicated AV guide
- Lack of wireless speakers for the 5.1 surround sound
3. Sony GTK-XB72 High Power Home Audio System – Pricey but super fun & versatile
The Sony GTK-XB72 audio system is designed to produce not only a room-filling sound but also fun visual effects for complete enjoyment. It is primarily a Bluetooth speaker, but thanks to stereo RCA connections, it can support other audio sources too.
It also features a built-in FM radio, a microphone input, and the latest Near Field Communication (NFC). You can pair up to three smart devices simultaneously and create a playlist of your dreams.
A two-way setup guarantees excellent sound no matter whether you position the speaker upright or set it up horizontally. There are some advanced features such as the Extra Bass function that enhances low-end power and provides you with deep, punchy bass.
Sony XB72 enables you to liven up any party with its built-in multicolored LED line lights and a flashing strobe light. The lights are in sync with the music creating a real visual and audio delight. A USB port enables you to play digital files, including the MP3 and WMA formats.
- A flexible two-way setup
- The built-in sensor optimizes sound is processing
- Extra Bass button
- Live Sound mode for a three-dimensional listening experience
- New DSP technology
- Near Field Communication (NFC) and Bluetooth
- Built-in LED lights, flashing strobe, and DJ effects
- An integrated AUX input
- Multi-device connection
- Sony Music Center app
- High price
4. Pioneer TS-M800PRO Speakers – Best bass for your car
If you want to enjoy great sound on the go, the TS-M800 from Pioneers acclaimed PRO series delivers the best bass for your car. Considering the low price, you can’t go wrong, but before you make the purchase make sure that they will fit your vehicle.
Thanks to the rigid premium quality blended pulp, the speakers are very durable but still flexible enough for a satisfactory response. Measuring 8 inches, the cones have a large enough surface for the exceptionally high-output handling. The oversized coils stimulate the mid/bass/bullet tweeter combination band.
The corrugated surround does an excellent job of absorbing the counter vibrations. You might think that the red bullet tweeters are there for aesthetic reasons only, but they offer advanced cooling methods for high outputs. Superb suspension and a robust stamped steel framework enable optimal performance at such high speeds.
A flawless nigh-on crossover balances the audio production. The volumes are surprisingly powerful. If you pair these speakers with the right amp, you can enjoy outputs of up to 1400 watts as well as a peak RMS power of 180 each.
- Clear, well-balanced & powerful sound on a budget
- Made with high-quality, long-lasting blended pulp
- High output option
- Over-sized coils
- Flawless bass without break-up
- Affordable price.
- No push terminals
5. AOMAIS Life Bluetooth Speakers – Wireless speakers with a built-in rechargeable battery
AOMAIS Life BlueTooth speaker is on our top five list for its exceptional bass functionality and an attractive retro design that includes natural materials such as bamboo. Thanks to its integrated bass radiator and two-way class dual drivers, this little speaker is quite powerful as well.
Three EQ modes provide you with a varied listening experience while different configurations enable you to enjoy a range of genres. The super bass function is there to boost the bass and make the lows audibly clearer.
Rechargeable lithium-ion 5000mAh battery will provide you with up to 12 hours of your favorite music no matter where you are. It charges rather quickly and doubles as a charging dock for your other devices as well. It is a bit heavy and big as far as portability is concerned.
The Bluetooth 5000mAh 100 feet range and a stable signal. You can easily synchronize to your devices or pair up two speakers for 60-watt power. You can use the included 3.5 mm cable for connection too. Reasonable price is yet another reason to take the AOMAIS Life speaker home with you, so why not do it?
- Integrated bass radiator
- BassUp technology
- 3-EQ modes
- Bluetooth 5.0 with up to 100 feet range.
- Respectable battery life
- Two high-output woofers and two tweeters
- Powerful amplifier
- Warm and natural sound at a reasonable price
- The size and weight of the unit hinder mobility
What To Consider When Shopping For Bass Speakers?
No matter what type of bass speaker you plan to buy, a Bluetooth, cabinet, or one for your car, you should not rush into anything, first consider the following:
- Bass requires space, and therefore, the bass speakers and cabs, bins and amplifiers are known for their larger size. Nonetheless, when setting up a home system, you need to keep the components within a reasonable size and thus opt for a much smaller speaker than what you would use for live performance.
- When you go for a smaller cabinet, you need to make sure that all the measures are right since that is the only guarantee that you will be able to enjoy great-sounding low-end frequencies and optimal sound quality.
- Remember, the dimensions of the drivers are not as important as the enclosure which is crucial for optimal bass frequencies
2. The Intended Use Of The Speaker
Consider your listening habits before you go out and spend a fortune on a huge speaker or a full-blown 7.1-channel surround system. If you want to enjoy music, TV, and a good movie now and then, a pair of standard, reasonably priced speakers will do just fine.
- If you are a passive music listener that wants more bass and you already own a pair of quality bookshelf speakers or in-wall speakers, you can purchase a small subwoofer to deliver the extra-low you are searching for.
- If you are a true active listener, floor-standing speakers are a must. A dedicated woofer will help you get the best bass out of a home system by alleviating the left and rights of some more demanding low-end duties.
3. Space The Speaker Will Operate In
- No matter what sort of speaker you are searching for, you should always consider the space it is going to work in. First of all, take into account the room size and how open it is. Try to assess what effect your room characteristics will have on the speakers’ sound.
- Small rooms with walls on all four sides do not call for huge speakers as you risk loading the room with bass that is sure to cause muddy sound. In the same way, large or open rooms need larger speakers for more immersive sound.
- You should also consider your furniture, as bass speakers closed inside an entertainment cabinet can create unwanted resonances. Speaking of that, the cabinet might just be the worst possible place for a bass speaker or a subwoofer.
The audio industry is advancing rapidly, and so is the methodology behind bass technology. In order for this trend to continue, companies have to invest in research, development, and improvements. All this influences the final price of the bass speakers. Therefore, if you want the latest technology, you have to pay more.
Of course, price is not always indicative of quality and performance. Sometimes you pay for a good reputation, a famous brand, and aggressive (and expensive) marketing.
- A good set of speakers can cost more than your car as speakers can get outrageously expensive. Do you really need to invest that much, though?
- We agree that it is an important investment and that you should find the appropriate design, size, quality, and performance, but before you spend your life savings, consider at least a few models from different price categories.
Last but not least are the technical characteristics of the speaker you are planning to buy. This includes the impedance, sensitivity, and other techie bits. Knowing a bit about these things will enable you to match your speakers with your receiver or amplifier.
You must make sure that your amplifier is capable of driving your speakers effectively and safely. It would be best to try out how your receiver or amp and speakers sound together
You should also take a close look at how powerful your amp really is. It is highly unlikely that you will over-power your speakers, but your ears might give out to excessive volume.
- Impedance is an electrical characteristic measured in ohms. The great majority of receivers and amps do just fine with 8-ohm rated speakers.
- Sensitivity tells you how loud your speaker plays per watt. Low sensitivity means your speaker will need more power for loud volumes.
And finally, we should mention a few more factors that have an important part when choosing the best bass speaker and those are:
- Cone surface area
- Driver capabilities
- Frequency response
- Crossover circuitry
If you consider all the listed parameters, you will surely find a speaker with bass that doesn’t rattle and enjoy mids that aren’t muddy. So, do spend a little time to be able to enjoy optimal bass frequencies for years to come.
We have offered quite a mixture of models in this text so that it may seem a bit of a menagerie, but our list of things to consider should at least paint a clearer picture of what direction you should take when shopping for the best bass speaker.
Don’t forget to consider the intended use and be realistic about your budget. If the speaker you plan to buy is not battery powered, make sure you have the right amplifier too. Arm yourself with the knowledge you have gained from reading this text, and your bass speaker shopping should be fun and downright gratifying.
If you cannot make up your mind, we can further narrow your choice. Let’s put it down simply – choose between AOMAIS Life Bluetooth Speakers or Edifier R1280T Powered Bookshelf Speakers as both will enhance your living space.