Top 5 Best 2 Channel Stereo Receivers 2019:
- Pioneer SX-10AE Receiver
- Sony STRDH190 2-channel Stereo Receiver
- Yamaha R-N303BL Stereo Receiver
- Marantz MM7025 Stereo Power Amplifier
- Sony STRDH130 2 Channel Stereo Receiver
If you are a true music lover, you know that a dedicated two-channel stereo receiver is a must for serious music listening.
So, how to choose the best device?
The best 2 channel stereo receiver should be a perfect mix of features and sound quality, and although the market is overflowing with different options, such a device is still hard to find.
For this reason, you should read the following guide and find the best option for you. See you at the end!
What Is A 2 Channel Stereo Receiver?
A two channel audio system is designed for serious music listening. The main focus is on two channels to match stereo music recordings and provide you with the top audio quality without any distracting bells and whistles that many home theater units tend to bring about.
On the other hand, the configuration is simple as there are no advanced capabilities a home theater receiver would offer. The goal is to offer simple configuration and easy music connectivity as well as superb sound quality and high fidelity audio inputs – nothing more, and nothing less.
The core features of the 2 channel stereo receiver are:
- two-channel speaker configuration (Left & Right)
- two built-in amplifiers
As you can see, there is no surround sound decoding or processing. Moreover, the connectivity for video inputs is limited (if any), so if you need the extra video features, you might be better off purchasing the above-mentioned home theater.
What To Look For When Buying The Best 2 Channel Stereo Receiver?
Not all the 2 channel stereo receivers have the exact same combination of features. For this reason, when shopping for your unit, make sure that you check the feature listing before you open your wallet and spend your hard-earned money.
If you want to avoid any costly mistakes, try to organize a listening demonstration as that is the only way to be sure that you will enjoy the sound that particular receiver produces. Some high-end stores provide such a service but you can also ask around and find a satisfied customer that is willing to do you a favor and arrange a demonstration for your ears only.
Here are some features you should keep in mind:
- You should always check the supported wattage per channel so that you could know which speakers are supported. In this way, you will avoid any compatibility issues and be able to choose the appropriate speakers as well.
- If you want or need to be able to use & listen to the tunes from your smartphone or tablet, you should buy a stereo receiver with built-in Bluetooth technology.
3. Type A USB Drive
- A 2 channel digital receiver that features type A USB drive allows you to connect your flash drive and listen to your favorite music, so it would be a good idea to check if the one you plan to buy has that option.
4. Multi-room Music Platforms
- If your receiver has the ability to work with multi-room music platforms you can stream your favorite tune to any compatible wireless speaker in your home. This feature allows you to create different zones and choose what to play in each of your room via an application on your phone by voice control.
- If you plan to use your receiver for television setup as well or watch your favorite movies with your speakers, make sure that the receiver you buy features HDMI pass-through ports. In this way, you will switch between different TV devices quickly & trouble-free.
6. FM/AM Tuner With Presets
- If you are eager to discover new artist, there is no better place than the radio, so make sure your 2 channel receiver comes with it. Luckily, it is more-less a standard feature. It would be best if your receiver comes with at least 20 AM/FM presets too so that you can find your favorite stations by pressing a single button.
7. Built-in Phono Preamp
- The audiophiles that are inclined to the vintage sound of the record players should make sure that a receiver they choose to buy comes with a built-in phono preamp.
8. Voice Control
- Modern stereo channel receivers provide the convenience of voice control. If you too want to enjoy the benefits of this modern technology, check if the device you are considering offers the ability of controlling the system with Amazon Alexa or Google Home.
9. Support For Popular Streaming Services
- Modern users that are addicted to wireless technology will surely appreciate an built-in support for popular streaming platforms such as TuneIn, Pandora, Spotify, Deezer, etc.
- If you have already chosen a place where you plan to put your new 2 channel receiver you should consider its size. Pay special attention to height and needed clearance above & behind the unit.
A lot depends on you and your expectations too – we all have different demands and while some have capability to recognize even the smallest blemishes in the sound, some enjoy it without noticing anything wrong and can thus be satisfied with almost any 2 channel receiver out there.
5 Best 2 Channel Stereo Receivers In 2019: Detailed Reviews
The Pioneer SX-10AE is a reasonably priced unit and a good combination of analog & digital features as it offers Bluetooth 4.2. The Bluetooth compatibility enables you to stream music from all your smart devices, although the range is somewhat limited.
Moreover, you can stream all kinds of music formats as this receiver supports AAC and SBC codecs as well as A2DP/AVRCP profiles so you will not feel limited in that regard either.
As far as connectivity is concerned, Pioneer SX-10AE offers you four analog RCA inputs. Besides the AM/FM radio, you can listen to your favorite album on your CD player or a network audio player.
The Pioneer SX-10AE provides you with 100W (6 ohms) per channel and support for two sets of speakers (A, B, or A+B). At the front of the receiver, you have the 6.35mm stereo headphone output and with the right headphones, you can enjoy the superb sound. If you are a more modern music listener, you can purchase additional 6.35mm to 3.5mm adapters too.
This unit comes at a reasonable price and offers a lot for your money – most importantly, a clear & coherent sound and an energetic performance. It is definitely a decent, well equipped budget hi-fi system with a sturdy finish that will serve any audiophile for years to come.
- A good mix of features at a reasonable price
- Trouble-free usability
- AM/FM tuner offers 40 presets & manual tuning.
- Analog discrete direct energy 2Ch amplifier
- Tone Controls- Bass (100 Hz)/Treble (10 kHz)- ±10 dB
- Limited Bluetooth range
The Sony STRDH190 offers an excellent mix of features and sound quality. For modern audio listeners, there is a NAD integrated amp that sends out 112 watts per channel. This means that you can turn any subwoofer to its loudest volume and enjoy your favorite music from almost any music source with almost no distortion. The best part – it will not cost you a fortune!
The connection to the external subwoofer is quick and easy too, thanks to the digital connections on the rear of the receiver. There are four analog inputs and a Stereo RCA output for effortless connectivity to your other audio equipment as well.
Sony STRDH190 can power up to two pairs of speakers while the phono input allows you to connect directly to your turntable for a vintage vinyl sound. The A/B switching enables you to play all four speakers at once or in separate zones
Contemporary music lovers can enjoy the perks of Bluetooth connectivity & connect to their smartphones. The Bluetooth range is out of this world while the Bluetooth standby feature allows you to turn on the receiver from the paired device too.
- Phono Input
- Discrete power amplifier secures minimal distortion
- Wireless streaming from other Bluetooth devices & a wireless remote control
- Connect up to 4 speakers
- FM Radio with 30 preset stations presets
- No coaxial antenna jack
The Yamaha R-N303BL Network Receiver is an easy to use unit that offers modern functionality at an excellent price. It is designed to connect to two pairs of stereo speakers (A1&A2) and (B1&B2), and it supports both wire cables and banana plugs for flexible set-up. Moreover, this receiver is powerful enough to produce up to 100 watts per channel (8 ohms) and offers a wide frequency range of 40 Hz to 20 kHz with minimal distortion at high intervals (0.02% total harmonic distortion).
For wireless music streaming, there are built-in Bluetooth and AirPlay, but you can also stream music from the internet radio sources thanks to the Wi-Fi and Ethernet connectivity. You can rely on the DLNA version 1.5 (DMR) technology for sharing content too.
Speaking of connectivity, we have to mention three stereo RCA inputs, optical TV input, and a dedicated phono input for your beloved turntable as well. You can also use the receiver to access Spotify, Pandora, SiriusXM, Tidal, and DeezerWorks or pair it up with Alexa for voice control – the millenials will probably appreciate this feature the most.
For the utmost convenience, you’ll receive the remote control and be able to control your unit without standing-up from your comfy chair. A 2-year warranty provides you with a peace of mind too.
- 2-Year Warranty
- Easy to use and set up
- MusicCast App for Android and IOS
- An array of connectivity options
- Dynamic Power Outputs with in-built Apple Airplay Functionality
- You cannot select station using the preset buttons
- No surround support
The Marantz MM7025 Stereo Power Amplifier might be on the higher end of the price range but you will get your money’s worth, that’s for sure. First off, the device churns out 140 Watts of power per channel (88 ohms) with the full-bandwidth and almost no distortion allowing you to enjoy superb sound clarity.
You can expect perfect music reproduction in both large rooms and a small acoustic environment, as well as set up a two-zone system for speakers in different rooms. The MM7025’s current feedback circuits secure pure sound reproduction no matter which source it comes from, and as a result, you can enjoy both whispers and high dynamic sounds without blemish.
Thanks to the noiseless heat dispersion system the amp stays cool after hours of use; yet, you will never hear the cooling fan. On the downside, connectivity is not this unit’s strongest point due to the lack of direct analog/digital inputs for multiple external analog sources.
As for the looks, you can’t go wrong with Marantz MM7025 amplifier- the curved aluminum panel gives it a sleek & sophisticated appearance that will complement any décor. Being compact (14 x 5 inches), it will fit any shelf or audio rack as well and won’t be hard to move around so you can enjoy music at all times.
- Stylish appearance complements any decor
- Features both single-ended & balanced XLR inputs
- Built from high-quality components
- oversized EI-core transformer
- Excellent sound reproduction
- Remote control
- Connectivity issues; No direct analog/digital inputs
- High price tag
The Sony STRDH130 2 channel stereo receiver is a good-old-fashioned stereo receiver that provides stereo sound and a total power output of 270 watts for an incredibly low price. It comes with dual 135 watts RMS per channel (8 ohms) and a frequency of 1kHz (THD of 0.05%) offering an excellent watts per dollar ratio.
It is a rather compact unit and weighs only fourteen pounds so that you can easily move it around and play high-quality music with your friends and family. Thanks to two different speaker zones you can connect two separate speakers in different rooms as well and throw fabulous parties too.
Numerous connectivity options (5 audio inputs and 2 audio outputs) make this receiver a versatile device. STRDH130 can support up to five audio sources at a time and can connect to your TV, Blu-ray Disc, gaming platform, or DVD player too.
The fact that it does not come with a built-in Bluetooth technology might disappoint the modern users among you, but you have an option to use the provided audio mini jack-in for smartphone connections. There is an analog audio output as well as a headphone jack for silent listeners.
The FM/AM tuner offers thirty preset stations and paired with a remote control that will work with all your Sony devices offers convenience and ease of use.
- Easy set up
- Low price
- Automatic standby mode for energy saving
- FM/AM tuner stations memory
- Stereo mini-plug connects to smartphones and all portable music players.
- Remote control
- No Dolby sound decoding
- No built-in Bluetooth
I hope you are ready to enjoy high-quality music as never before. Now that you have read all there is know about the 2 channel receivers, you should simply choose the one that best suits your needs and budget, and go out to buy it. It is as simple as that!
I will give you one more advice though. In my humble opinion, the Yamaha R-N303BL Stereo Receiver offers the best value for your money, while Marantz MM7025 Stereo Power Amplifier might break your wallet but is sure to please your ear.
Finally, you might want to consider Sony STRDH130 2 Channel Stereo Receiver too as it is a budget-friendly option that will satisfy your need for loud music and leave you enough money to throw a party and enjoy it with your friends. After all, it is all about the good sound, isn’t it?