Top 5 Best Wireless Chargers 2021:
- Samsung EP-N5100TBEGUS Wireless Charger
- Anker PowerWave Stand Wireless Charger
- Yootech Wireless Charger
- RavPower RP-PC034 Fast Wireless Charger
- Choetech 10W Wireless Charger
I bet you have all sorts of cables dragging around your house, making clutter.
It’s all good though until they get tangled, but when they do (and they will for sure), the real horror story begins.
Therefore, if you are a neat-freak or you simply want a clutter-free home, cables are your enemies. The good news is that you live in the era of wireless technology, and you can easily avoid snake pits of tangled cords.
You can start by wireless charging as it provides you with the utmost convenience of not having to deal with any cable when you need to top up the battery in your smartwatch, smartphone, Fitbit, AirPod, or other devices.
You can relax on your couch with your phone next to you, and once you are ready to get up and go on with your business, your phone will be ready and fully charged too.
There is more good news; I will help you find the best wireless charger free of charge; all you need to do is stay tuned to the very end.
How To Find The Best Wireless Charger And Why You Need One?
Let us first answer the most crucial question: Why should you buy a wireless charger?
As I have already implied, wireless charging is currently the most convenient method to recharge your smartphone or another compatible device. You do not need to connect your phone to a charger physically, and thus you have the freedom of movement and phone at your reach at all times.
Moreover, the connectors customarily used for charging often get damaged in time and cause problems with your phone, so wireless charging can save you from having to pay repair costs that can be rather high.
You should definitely buy the wireless charger, but which one?
All manufacturers are following the trend, and thus the market is overflowing with different wireless chargers making the decision which one to buy quite daunting.
What Are The Features You Need To Consider When Buying A Wireless Charger?
- The majority of mobile phone manufacturers have already incorporated wireless charging into their smartphones and other devices. If you have a new smartphone model, you will most probably be able to give wireless charging a try.
- The phones that support wireless charging are Apple’s iPhone 8 and above, Samsung’s Galaxy S6 and above, as well as the newest models of other well-known brands such as Google Pixel, LG, Huawei, Sony, etc.
- You should also know that there are different methods of wireless charging. If you are not sure which system you should choose for your phone, the so-called “Qi” is the safest choice you can make as the majority of popular smartphones use it.
- If you want to charge your phone quickly, check the power of the wireless charger before you buy it. Higher the power, the quicker the charging will be.
- The newest Qi-standard provides users with up to 15 watts, but many phones are still not up to par with this amount of power and can absorb only 7.5 watts. Nevertheless, you should buy the 15-watt capable charger as technology advances rather fast, and it would be best to future-proof your investment.
- The most common form of a wireless charger is the pad. Pads are flat and circular, usually not more than 13 cms in diameter. There are upright versions, too. They are best suited for those of you who are looking to save some space on your desk.
4. Brand & Price
- Wireless chargers are, for the most part, reasonably priced due to the fierce competition on the market. Therefore, you should not opt for the cheapest unit out there but instead, look for a reputable brand and good reviews.
- After all, modern smartphones can cost an arm and a leg, and you wouldn’t want to risk such an expensive piece of electronics just to save a few bucks, wouldn’t you?
- My advice is to invest a bit more in a wireless charger that will not only perform properly but also be able to stand the test of time.
As I said, the market is overflowing with different wireless chargers you can buy, and it is, therefore, possible for you to find one that will not only serve its purpose well but also fit into your home decor.
Most wireless chargers are either black or white, but some models come in more lively colors as well. The shape can be different as well, so you can find the one that best suits your space too.
5 Best Wireless Chargers In 2021: Detailed Reviews
1. RavPower RP-PC034 Fast Wireless Charger – Simple & effective device for 10W speedy charging
After testing quite a few eye-catching wireless chargers, RavPower wireless charger was the first to earn a place on my top-five list. Why? It might feature a simple, non-pretentious pad design, but it performs superbly and will power up your smartphone quickly and efficiently.
The design is simple – a circular pad with the logo stamped in the center. The surface is rubberized and flat, and thus there is no chance that your precious phone will slide off and get damaged. The multi-safety protection system keeps your phone safe from overcharging, overheating, overload, and short circuit.
Unique HyperAir technology serves to keep your phone cool while charging. Namely, thanks to this technology, the heat dispersion is 15 percent faster, and charged smartphones are held at the safe, low side of the temperature scale.
The pioneering HyperAir technology guarantees high charging speed as well. The charging range of 5W-10W makes this charger two times faster than traditional 3.5W – 5W wireless chargers. It is compatible with all Qi-enabled phones and devices, but the charging speed will depend on the model of the phone. Unfortunately, you cannot use it to charge AirPad or Apple watches.
- Reputable brand
- Good value
- Simple but sturdy design
- Features a multi-safety protection system
- Compatible with all Qi-enabled devices
- Up to 10W fast wireless charging
- Keeps your phone cool while charging
- Includes an AC adapter
- Non-slip surfaces on the top and the bottom
- Does not receive a signal from iPhones and thus the LED light always glows orange
- Does not work with AirPads
2. Anker PowerWave Stand Wireless Charger – Budget-friendly and practical
The practical design of the Anker PowerWave stand charger enables you to use your smartphone in both portrait and landscape position while it is charging. You can, therefore, use all the applications you want or even watch videos while waiting for your phone battery to reach its maximum.
Speaking of maximum values, I must mention that with the maximum charging speed of 5W, Anker is definitely not the fastest charger on this list, but it is highly efficient nevertheless. It does support 10W fast charging for Smartphones, though. Typically, it will take about five hours to reach 100% battery power.
The stand of the Anker PowerWave is not only wide enough to hold even the largest smartphones such as the iPhone 11 Pro Max or Galaxy Note 10, but it is also rubberized to guarantee that your phone remains safe in the position you put it in. The quality of the materials used for this unit is, unfortunately, questionable. The lightweight plastic appears to be of poor quality, but that was to be expected at such a low price.
On the bright side, there is a quite large indicator light located at the front of the stand so that you can follow the charging process but also make sure that you have positioned your smartphone correctly. Due to its upright position, you will always be able to check the notifications on your phone without having to change your position. It is compatible with any Qi-enabled device.
- Low price
- Basic yet reliable
- Slim design
- Allows you to use your smartphone in both portrait and landscape mode while charging
- Charges through cases up to 5mm thick
- AC adapter does not come in the box
- Flimsy plastic case
3. Choetech 10W Wireless Charger – Ideal for frequent charging
The Choetech wireless charger is quite versatile, thanks to the fact that it is capable of doing a little bit of everything rather well. It is an upright charger that allows you to use your smartphone while it’s charging as it is not lying flat on your desk during the process. You can position it in both landscape or portrait mode depending on your current needs.
This Qi-certified wireless charger features an LED strip at the base, which indicates what mode it is in at that given moment. In standby mode, the strip lights blue, and when it is green, your phone is charging. The package does not include an adaptor, so you will have to find one with the right specifications.
It is compatible with most Qi-enabled devices and provides you with the charging rate of up to 10-watts. iPhone users will, unfortunately, be limited to the 5-watt rate, which is anything but speedy. Using your phone while it is charging will not drain the battery much, and the level of power will continue to rise.
Even though it is a charging stand, the charging area does not appear to be restricted. The charging area is surprisingly wide, and anti-slip rubber feet make it stable as well. The clever circuitry in the charger keeps your smartphone safe from overcharging and temperature issues. The casing on your phone needs to be less than 4 mm thick.
- Practical stand design with stable rubberized feet
- Different charging modes
- Supports both portrait and landscape position
- Clever circuitry
- Case friendly (up to 4mm)
- Soft, sleep-friendly led light
- Up to 10W fast charging time for Samsung phones
- Doesn’t include an adaptor
- Slower charging for Apple products
4. Samsung EP-N5100TBEGUS Wireless Charger – Best choice for Samsung smartphone owners
Samsung EP-N5100TBEGUS is a proprietary charger and thus on the pricier end. It is not compatible with Samsung phones only, but rather with any Qi-compatible smartphone, including the iPhone 8 and above, just like any other charger.
It does not look like any other charger I have seen so far, though. Its futuristic design makes it quite unique. It combines a puck, and a stand look as the back of the stand is large and circular. This sci-fi design is quite practical, too, as the oversized puck can hold your phone in any position you like while it charges (either landscape or portrait mode).
Your phone will stay cool while charging, too, thanks to the heat dispersing fan that keeps both your phone and the stand safe from overheating. The charging rate for Samsung phones is 9-watts, but I must say that it feels faster than that. It does a great job charging your phone while you chat and post on social media too. Your iPhone will receive the standard 5-watts and charge in a couple of hours, even with the GPS on.
There is a pleasant, multicolored LED light that displays the charging status of your phone. It is located at the bottom of the stand and very discreet – you will appreciate that at nighttime. On the downside, it is not very case-friendly and often cannot charge when your case is more than 2 mm thick.
- Unique practical design
- Fast charging for Samsung phones
- A discreet multicolored LED light
- Allows you to use your phone while charging
- Heat dispersing fan at the back
- Not case friendly
5. Yootech Wireless Charger – Best for using with different phones
Yootech wireless charger is an affordable device that can cater to all your needs no matter how many different phones you plan to charge. It features a non-ergonomic puck design, and it is rather slim (only 0.47 inches), but you still cannot use your phone while it charges, and that may be its only fault.
On the bright side, Yootech does an excellent job of catering to different power needs of the iPhones, as well as Samsung and other smartphones. Your Samsung will thus charge at 10W rate, while your iPhone will charge at 7.5-watts. Any other Qi-enabled phone will have to do with the standard 5-watts.
The intelligent temperature control enhances the charging speed and prevents your phone from overheating. The indicator light informs you when the charging begins but also warns you if there are metal or magnetic cards or objects that could interfere with the charging process or even damage the charger. The light goes off after 16 seconds if there is no problem, so it is very sleep-friendly.
Yootech wireless charger is case-friendly as well and will have no trouble charging your phone through 4mm thick case. However, such a thick case can slow down the charging process significantly, and you should thus best remove it before charging.
- Fast charging for different phones
- Overheat protection
- Case friendly
- Intelligent, sleep-friendly LED indicator
- 18-month warranty
- Reliable customer service
- Not ergonomic – you cannot use your phone while charging
Conclusion & My Picks
You should keep up with the newest technology trends as their goal is uniform – to provide users with the utmost convenience!
Now that you are equipped with all the knowledge to choose the best wireless charger for your smartphone, you have no excuse not to buy one and enjoy its perks right away.
Are you still indecisive?
Ok. I’ll narrow the choices for you.
If you are a Samsung Galaxy user, spend a few more bucks and go for Samsung EP-N5100TBEGUS Wireless Charger – after all, it was made for your phone.
If your wallet is thin at the moment, opt for the budget-friendly yet highly efficient Anker PowerWave Stand Wireless Charger.
Finally, if you have to charge multiple different phones, your best choice would be the Yootech Wireless Charger.