Top 5 Best Pocket Hole Jigs 2020:
- General Tools 850 Heavy Duty Pocket Hole Jig Kit
- Armor Auto-Jig Pocket Hole System
- KREG KPHJ310 Pocket-Hole Jig
- Massca Aluminum Pocket Hole Jig System Set
- Milescraft 1325 PocketJig200
Pocket hole joinery has made it a lot easier to create things for a whole generation of builders. It’s made a huge difference in wood crafting and it’s not necessarily a job for professionals.
If you like to make DIY home furniture and other projects professionally or as a hobby, a pocket hole jig is an essential tool for you. It will save you so much time and energy, and it will also help you do an immaculate job.
There are a lot of important things you have to consider before you choose which one to buy, so if you’re interested in finding out how to choose the best pocket hole jig and what are our favorites on the market and why, stay with us until the end.
Sit back and relax as we tell you about the top five best pocket hole jigs on the market!
5 Best Pocket Hole Jigs In 2020: Detailed Reviews
1. General Tools 850 Heavy Duty Pocket Hole Jig Kit – Best Overall
The winner of this round is the General Tools 850 pocket hole jig kit. It’s a professional-looking gadget made with precision and top materials to last you a lifetime. This is an excellent tool if you’re a professional but also if you’re someone who enjoys carpentry and making DIY furniture at home!
General Tools 850 pocket hole jig is one of the best out there and it’s been praised a lot not only because of how well it performs but also how inclusive it is. In this kit, you get a pocket hole jig with clamp, a #32 ⅜” step drill bit that’s replaceable, a ⅜ “ steel stop collar, hex wrench 6” square drive bit, 24 coarse square drive screws, 24 fine drive screws, 24 wooden pocket hole plugs, and a hard plastic carrying case! This is without a doubt everything you could possibly need!
The jig is made of aluminum that makes it very lightweight and easy to maneuver. Although it’s lightweight, the tool is very strong, durable, and sturdy enough to handle heavy-duty workloads!
As we said, it’s easy to use the jig, but keep in mind that it’s designed to be used with a portable base or a benchtop. You can use the jig to accurately create a corner, flush, build cabinets with the face frame, clasp face frames or drill screws into cramped spots!
- Durable and sturdy
- Lightweight aluminum construction
- Very inclusive kit
- The screws aren’t long enough to work on very big projects
2. Armor Auto-Jig Pocket Hole System – Premium Pick
If you want to create perfect woodwork objects, this is the ultimate tool for you. The Armor auto-jig pocket hole system takes the pocket hole joinery on a whole other level. This is a fully-automated system that self-adjusts your drill guide setting and drill bit collar based on the thickness of the piece you’re clamping!
This is a very helpful feature because it means that you don’t have to set the settings manually and this can save you a lot of time. In fact, in this system, all of the features are self-contained. There’s a self-adjusting drill guide block, a self-adjusting drill bit and collar, an auto-adjusting clamp, and a dust collection port!
At first glance, the system may look a tad complicated to use, but it’s actually quite simple. It has a color-coded screw system that makes it very easy to match the screw size and head to the thickness and depth of the pocket hole. The color coating on the screws provides anti-corrosive protection so it makes it even more durable!
The only downside of this otherwise impressive tool is the high price. It’s important to keep in mind that this jig is created for professional use, so it’s a good investment if you need it for your job. However, if you’re a novice but also want to try it, you should go for it, although it may take some time to get the hang of it!
- All of the features are self-adjusting
- Very durable and strong
- Perfect for professionals
- The price is too high
3. KREG KPHJ310 Pocket-Hole Jig – Budget-Friendly Pick
If you’re looking for an affordable pocket hole jig and you need something that’s not too bulky and it’s easily portable, then the KREG KPHJ310 is the one for you. It’s very simple to install and even easier to use!
The KREG 310 pocket hole jig is a handy tool that will be a great addition to your other tools. Its compact size makes it one of the most convenient tools in your collection. You can carry it anywhere and it also doesn’t take up a lot of space so its’ very easy to store it. It has a versatile design ideal for both indoor and outdoor projects, as well as household repairs. Once you install it, you can be sure it won’t move. It’s very stable and the anti-slip base that holds the jig in place adds to its stability!
You can use the KREG 310 to build drawers, cabinets, and other DIY projects around your home. It can join pieces of wood together without needing glue or nails. This pocket hole jig makes it a lot easier to create a flush joint during a pocket hole assembly. The work done by the KREG pocket hole jig is guaranteed to be of great quality and also very durable, so you know you’re building something that’ll last for years to come!
Overall, it’s a great choice if you want a durable tool that comes at a very affordable price!
- Compact size
- Lightweight and portable
- Good for indoor and outdoor projects
- Not the best for a lot of heavy use
4. Massca Aluminum Pocket Hole Jig System Set – Ideal For Heavy-Duty Use
Another great choice, although a bit pricey is this Massca pocket hole jig set. This pocket hole jig has a very sturdy construction, it’s durable and ideal for heavy-duty use. So, if you need a tool to withstand anything and that performs well, you’ll love the Massca pocket hole jig!
The jig is constructed out of aluminum. This makes it durable and sturdy, but it also makes it very lightweight and therefore very easy and convenient to use and move around. It’s also very stable and you can even screw it in place to make sure it won’t slip an inch away.
Another great feature of the Massca pocket hole jig is that it has a cleverly-designed clamping pad. It’s a built-in, heavy-duty clamp that makes sure your board piece of wood is secure and tight against the jig punch to ensure a smooth and clean press, and also to avoid any wood splintering!
This is a multipurpose tool that you can use for a lot of stuff including DIY projects at home to on-site fixes, or custom builds. Because it’s lightweight, it’s easily portable so you can carry it with you wherever you need it.
You can also adjust the depth setting with the easy drill depth knob that lets you to quickly adjust to the thickness of the wood to avoid damage, splinters, and splits, and to end up with a neat and clean final result.
- Sturdy aluminum construction
- Lightweight and portable
- Great for heavy-duty use
- The price is not very affordable
5. Milescraft 1325 PocketJig200 – Good Value For Money
Milescraft 1325 pocket hole jig is one of the most effective on the market. It’s a great tool that will make the entire process of wood joinery quick, straightforward, and mistake-free. This is the perfect kit for building storage projects, cabinets, shelves, bookcases, and all other kinds of DIY projects!
It allows you to effortlessly create corner joints, T-joints, framing joints, miter joints, and do repairs. The great thing is that you don’t have to manually measure anything, because there are built-in settings for board thicknesses. All you need to do is set the pocket jig to your desired settings, set the depth, and start drilling!
The jig features a built-in metric and imperial scales as well as board thickness settings. There are four common board thickness settings that allow you to easily measure the thickness of your workpiece. The board settings are easily adjusted with the spring-loaded set adjustment button!
With the Milescraft 1325 pocket jig, you don’t have to worry about messy results! It features hardened steel bushings that reduce tearing and create a clean and precise pocket hole on the first try! There’s also a magnet on the recessed clamp pocket that helps keep the clamp in place. This makes the jig very stable allowing you to do what you need without difficulties!
All in all, the Milescraft 1325 jig is a great option that comes at a surprisingly affordable price!
- Works quickly and efficiently
- A lot of features help you achieve perfect final result
- It’s stable and sturdy
- The instructions are not very clear
Benefits Of Using A Pocket Hole Jig
Pocket hole jigs come with a lot of benefits. For example, they are a lot more efficient compared to other joinery tools, and this is the reason they are very popular and widely used by carpenters and skilled professionals. Furthermore, they increase flexibility. With a pocket hole jig, you have the flexibility to create pocket holes anywhere by simply sliding the device into place.
Not only are pocket hole jigs efficient, but they’re also easier to use than other tools. They have detailed instructions that help you get the job done in no time, and they’re more convenient in the sense that they don’t rely on a number of clamps since the screws are enough to hold the pieces together.
On top of all this, the final result you get when using pocket hole jigs is incredible. The joint created is extremely robust, everything is clean and neat, and the overall result is impressive!
Things To Consider Before You But A Pocket Hole Jig
Pocket hole jigs can be quite pricey, so you have to consider some things before you buy one. Let’s take a look at the most important features of pocket hole jigs.
1. Material And Construction
- It’s crucial that the pocket hole jig you want is made of durable and strong material. If you want to use it for a long time, it has to be able to withstand a lot of heavy use as well as some harmful conditions that may occur.
- Aluminum is one of the most popular choices for pocket hole jigs. This is because aluminum is strong to endure heavy-duty jobs, but it’s also lightweight enough so the tool is not bulky. The aluminum makes pocket hole jigs easy to carry from place to place which means you have a compact portable tool that you can take anywhere!
2. Ease Of Use
- If you’re going to invest money into a tool like a pocket hole jig, it’s fair to expect from it to be easy to use. After all, you’re buying it to help you and make your life easier! You don’t want a pocket hole jig that’s too complicated to use and you spend half the time figuring out what you’re doing wrong.
- So, it’s crucial that the pocket whole jig actually helps you to save time and your nerves while you’re working with it. If the jig you want seems too complicated, make sure to check the instructions. Most of the pocket hole jigs come with detailed instructions, so check those to see whether it seem like something you can easily get the hang of!
- Don’t forget to choose a pocket hole jig based on your personal needs. Think about what kind of jobs or projects you plan to or usually work on, and choose a jig depending on that. If you need to carry the pocket hole jig with you often, make sure to choose one that’s compact, lightweight and doesn’t take up a lot of space.
- On the other hand, if you plan to do a lot of heavy-duty work, get the one that will be able to endure it, so a larger, bulkier one. You don’t want it to fail you just because it’s not intended for heavy use!
Final Thoughts And Recommendations
A pocket hole jig is a helpful tool. Joinery is generally considered to be skillful work of art. But even if you don’t have a lot of experience, getting a pocket hole jig is a great way to start. We’ve reviewed our top five choices on the market, and it’s time to see what are our top recommendations!
Best Overall: General Tools 850 Heavy Duty Pocket Hole Jig Kit
- Whatever your experience is, you will not go wrong with the General Tools 850 pocket hole jig. It’s ideal for both professionals and amateurs because it’s made for heavy use but it’s still very lightweight and easy to use! Truly a great choice for all!
Premium Pick: Armor Auto-Jig Pocket Hole System
- If you’re a fan of new technologies and you like your tools to be automated and independent, you’ll love the Armor Auto-jig pocket hole system. The whole system is self-contained and it has so many useful features. If you’re serious about joinery, this is a must-have tool! Consider the high price as a smart investment!
Best Budget-Friendly: KREG KPHJ310 Pocket-Hole Jig
- One of the most compact and lightweight yet highly functional pocket hole jigs is the KREG KPHJ310 pocket hole jig. It’s very easy to use and it’s portable so you can carry it around without trouble. Plus, it’s very affordable!