Top 3 Best Hot Glue Guns For Crafters And Contractors 2022:
- Best Overall Value: PROkleber Full Size Hot Glue Gun
- Best Budget Option: CCbetter Mini Hot Glue Gun
- Premium Pick: Surbonder PRO2 220 220
If you are in urgent need of the best hot glue gun that money can buy read my honest reviews and buying guide, you will not regret it.
For years I’ve run and worked in a craft store, so in that time, I have come across with varieties of crafts and handmade materials. Luckily, I love making handmade items, so that helped me to connect with my customers on a higher level.
One of my all-time favorite products became the hot glue gun. Because of their versatility, hot glue guns are a must if you are a hobbyist or repairman. Hot glue is great; it is convenient for a wide variety of applications when you need to make something stick together.
I tried a numerous glue guns for selling purposes (from low-cost to high-cost prices) and for my personal use so I can easily say that I am a reliable source of information for this type of product.
A lot of my customers come to my shop and ask me how can they choose the right glue gun, or what should they consider before buying a hot glue gun. Everyone wants to make sure they selected the right features with their purchase.
So I got an idea to write this guideline to help you choose the best hot glue gun no matter if you are a crafter or contractor.
Related: The Best Caulking Guns
Why Should You Buy A Hot Glue Gun?
Hot glue can bond paper, rubber, metal, glass, leather, wood and plastic so it can be used as an alternative in some electronic-based projects, as well for creating jewelry, to seal packages, to bind fabrics and even to bind books.
Of course, you can use a regular glue stick, but most people prefer the hot glue gun because of these three reasons:
- Less messy – You can effectively control and apply hot glue to a designated area because of the gun trigger;
- Safe – Using a gun for glue reduces the chance of getting burned or having direct contact with glue;
- Stronger bond – Hot glue makes a stronger bond compared to cold glue.
What To Consider Before Buying A Hot Glue Gun?
Hot glue guns come in all quality categories and variety of prices so just like with any other tool, it’s best to read up, do some research, and compare few different models before deciding on which one you will purchase.
Whether you are working with fabric, metal, or plastic, there is a hot glue gun that perfectly fits your needs. These devices allow you to handle craft projects and household repairs in no time.
When looking for a hot glue gun, always pay attention to the types of materials you will be using and whether you are planning to do detailed work or you need a model that can push a large volume of glue. By focusing on these few factors, you will easily find the perfect model for your needs.
How To Choose The Right Hot Glue Gun?
Several issues come into play when trying to find the best hot glue gun:
1. Temperature Range
- The temperature range will directly affect the kind of project you can do and material you can use. If the temperature goes below 250 ⁰F that is considered as low temperature and you need to use glue sticks that are specifically made to be used in that temperature range. Those models work great for delicate materials like plastic or Styrofoam.
- Guns that can reach temperatures above 300 ⁰F are considered as the high-temperature glue guns. They are more versatile and can be used on a variety of materials. One more thing – the trigger of the hot glue gun is always easier to squeeze because the hot glue comes out easier when the temperature is higher.
- Of course, you can always buy a dual temperature gun so you can adjust the temperature on low or high to fit your current needs.
- Always focus on wattage because that will determinate how fast the glue will melt and how hot it will be. The higher wattage means the gun needs less time to melt the glue sticks.
3. Tip Size
- The tip size you need generally depends on the projects you plan to do. Standard tip size is suitable for general use. The fine tip size will come in handy if you plan to do some detail work like making jewelry or working with small beads. Some models come with multiple tips so you can change them depending on your project.
4. Trigger Design
When you decide to buy a hot glue gun, the trigger plays a prominent role. There are two types of triggers:
- Single finger trigger type works best for high-temperature hot glue guns, but your hand will get tired quickly when using this type of trigger;
- Two or three finger-trigger type will enable you to put in less effort when using this type of hot glue gun, making your hand less fatigued, and it will help relieve symptoms of carpal tunnel syndrome.
5. Cord Length
- Shorter cords can be frustrating and will never seem to give you enough length to get that “perfect angle” so you might consider buying a glue gun with a long cord or maybe even a cordless one.
6. Extra Features
- The extras aren’t crucial, but they will make using a hot glue gun way easier. If you are tired of unplugging your hot glue gun every time you leave your project, make sure you buy one with an on/off switch.
- The power indicator light will show you when your gun is heated and ready to use. And of course, it is always good to buy the gun that comes with extra glue sticks.
10 Best Hot Glue Guns In 2022: Detailed Reviews
Here I have put together a list of the best hot glue guns currently available on the market. Here are my honest reviews of these models:
This compact model is very durable and made of plastic and aluminum. It is straightforward to use not only for DIY projects but also for quick daily repairs.
This is a high-temperature hot glue gun with a range of temperature from 356 ⁰F to 392 ⁰F with a working power of 20 watts. It is a great product for a DIY enthusiast because it heats up quickly in 3 to 5 minutes and it is ideal for wood, plastic, card, paper, fabric, glass, and many more.
The great thing is that the trigger is very flexible, so you’ll have better control of the glue flow so you won’t waste a lot of glue sticks this way.
It’s lightweight, so it keeps your hands from getting fatigued, and it is very easy to store it too. You can easily set it aside when you need to because this model comes with a removable flexible stand. Sadly, this stand sometimes can get stuck behind the trigger. So to remove the gun from the position, you must pull the trigger.
There are a few handy features on this product:
- My favorite feature on this model is the secure power switch with an LED light mode, and you will find it on the handle. It is very convenient because not only it gives you control over the power without unplugging it, but it also lets you know that the tool is heating up.
- The removable ABS anti-hot cover that ensures you will not burn your hands.
- The cases of gun deforming are unlikely because this model is equipped with high-quality nozzle.
So in the end I can tell you that this product is very reliable and affordable. On top of that, it comes with 30 pieces of glue sticks and a 100% money-back guarantee and a lifetime warranty.
- Easy to use and heats up in 3 to 5 minutes;
- Compact size;
- Secure power switch with LED indicator;
- Flexible support stand;
- Affordable price.
- Stand gets stuck behind the trigger.
This is a heavy-duty stainless steel industrial glue gun with high work capacity. That means it can handle any project – you can even use it in packing and manufacturing processes.
It is lightweight and extremely ergonomic, which ensures that this gun will fit properly in your hands whether you are right-handed or a leftie.
This is a dual-temperature hot glue gun with the working power of 220 watts, which means it heats up and melts glue very fast and delivers 5 pounds of adhesive per hour. The adjustable temperature control ranges from 220⁰F to 420⁰F. The great thing about this model is that you can easily adjust the temperature by simply turning the temperature knob to your preferred temperature.
The lighted power switch tells you whether your tool is powered on or off at a glance.
As I said, it delivers 5 pounds of glue per hour on the highest setting. A great feature is the stroke adjustment screw that lets you dispense an equal amount of glue on every trigger pull and allows you to reduce wasting glue.
Here I will list you all the handy features you can find within this product:
- Extra protective heat-resistant nozzle cover;
- Wide variety of interchangeable nozzles are available on the market;
- A double insulated 7-foot long ground cord that allows you to work far from the wall outlet;
- Integrated gun balancer mount hole that allows you to suspend your glue gun while not working;
- Detachable metal wire stand that adds more stability;
This product is perfect for high volume work, and you can use it with a variety of materials, so I am highly recommending it for experienced DIYers. The only thing that can be a dealbreaker is the price. Yes, this hot glue gun is expensive, but if you purchase it, I can guarantee you won’t regret it.
- Durable, heavy-duty industrial hot glue gun;
- The different interchangeable nozzles make this tool versatile;
- It has a detachable metal wire stand;
- You can use it as low or high-temperature hot glue gun;
- Ergonomic design.
- High price.
This model is classified as an Industrial-Grade tool. It has a simple but effective design, and it’s perfect for light industrial, commercial, and DIY applications.
This model is a high-temperature hot glue gun that offers a powerful 200 watts PTC Heating System. The warm-up time is approximately 3 minutes. Thanks to this PTC technology, this hot glue gun quickly reaches a temperature of 410°F, and that makes the process of outputting the 3.5 lbs of glue much easier than most guns.
It comes with a shell that is made with high-quality and has a comfortable 4-finger trigger that allows secure handling. This model has a sturdy base stand that is removable. Also, there is the built-in wire stand located just under the nozzle. So this guarantees you that your glue gun will be very stable wherever you put it.
But the thing that disappointed me the most is that there is no power switch, so you must unplug it to turn it off every time you want to make a pause. The price for this product is higher than for the other similar hot glue guns, mainly because it lacks the power switch.
- Operates on 200 watts of power;
- Warm-up time is 3 minutes, and the gun reaches a temperature of 410°F ;
- PTC heating system;
- Very durable and made of high-quality material;
- Equipped with two stands for additional stability;
- Comfortable four fingers trigger;
- There is no power switch;
- High price.
The HB220 model is not the typical hot glue gun. This is a professional-grade model for all-day use in a variety of flooring installation, remodeling, hardwood flooring, moldings, ceramic tile repair, and more. So if you are a contractor and need a hot glue gun that has speed and stamina, then this is the product I will recommend for you. Do not use it for DIY and art projects.
This gun is dual-temperature glue gun you can adjust the temperature from a range of 285°F – 428°F with a working power of 220 watts. It heats up very fast, and in approximately 5 minutes, your gun will be ready for use. The great thing is that it stays hot, so you can reload glue sticks one after the other without pausing which will allow you to do your job faster and save some time.
The trigger design is ergonomic and adjustable, so it maximizes output and reduces fatigue. The power switch is located on the handle. Also, the nozzle is insulated and drip-free, so you don’t have to worry about spills while using it.
From the safety features, this model comes with a stand that goes full-length, allowing you to put it down when you need a break without any risk. As I mentioned, this gun gets very hot, and it is not heat-resistant. Make sure you always wear protective gloves while working, so you don’t accidentally burn yourself.
- Dual-temperature hot glue gun with working power of 220 watts;
- Heats up very fast;
- Ergonomic trigger design that efficiently controls the glue flow;
- Equipped with a power switch;
- The nozzle is insulated and drip-free;
- This model comes with a full-length stand.
- Not heat-resistant requires wearing protective gloves while working.
The Ad Tech high temp mini glue gun is perfect for kids school projects, small craft, and home repair projects that don’t require a lot of time or glue. This model is lightweight with a compact design so you can take it anywhere with you. This mini glue gun works great with metal, wood, and plastic.
The working power of this high-temperature gun is 10 watts, it does take some time to heat up, but glue bounds in 30 seconds so this mini hot glue gun does its job very well. It does not come with power switch meaning you must unplug it every time you need to stop using it. The power cord is 5 foot long, which is not a great length.
On the other hand, the trigger is tough and hard to pull so that affects the glue flow making it very slow that is the reason I recommend it for kids and small projects. You can safely put it down when you need to because it has a built-in kickstand under the nozzle.
Unfortunately, this model does not come with glue sticks, so you need to purchase them separately. Glue sticks that are recommended for this model are mini AdTech glue sticks, such as AdTech Pro Strength and MultiTemp mini sticks.
- Lightweight and compact design;
- Great for kids school projects;
- Bounds glue in 30 seconds;
- Equipped with built-in kickstand.
- Lack of power switch;
- The power cord is 5 foot long;
- The glue stick is not included when you purchase this product.
This is a lightweight hot glue gun that is very comfortable to hold and features an ergonomic design. Made with high-quality plastic, it can withstand pressure, heavy use, and high temperatures, so you don’t have to worry about this glue gun deforming or breaking.
The three-finger trigger reduces fatigue, and I recommend this model if you suffer from carpal tunnel or other medical conditions. This kind of trigger allows you to spread pressure over multiple fingers effortlessly. The nozzle is made of copper and is heat-resistant as well as interchangeable.
This model features an adjustable heating knob that allows you to select 60 or 100 watts of power. You can use it on delicate materials where low temperatures are needed as well on rugged tasks that require more heat. The ceramic PTC thermal heating technology ensures your tool is heated up in 1 to 3 minutes, so hot glue comes out in a smooth stream.
When you need a little break, you can easily place the gun on the built-in kickstand that holds the gun steady without the risk of falling on the side and leaking out. On the handle, you will find a power indicator light that lets you know if the gun is plugged in without having to check the cord. But the big flaw is that there is no power switch so if you need to stop working you must pull the cable out of the outlet.
Speaking of safety features, there is an inbuilt safe fuse that does not allow your glue gun to overheat. Finally, you will get ten extra glue sticks when purchasing this product.
- Light indicator;
- Equipped with three-finger trigger;
- Two power options 60 and 100 watts;
- Stable kickstand;
- PTC ceramic heating technology;
- The safe fuse prevents overheating.
- No power switch.
The PKP 18E is a sturdy and heavy hot glue gun that guarantees clean working and stable adhesive bonding. This glue gun is suitable for bonding a wide range of materials like wood, leather, carton, paper, textiles, cork, and stone, as well as glass and metal.
It has two heat settings: 200W for warming up and 16W to keep the glue gooey. The controlled heating element provides a consistent working temperature. This model has a mechanical feed system, which means that the amount of adhesive applied can be precisely controlled for different applications, and the glue will be applied evenly.
The nozzle is more extended than within most of the other models – that guarantees you that it can reach the places other glue guns can’t. Also, this model features the integrated drip lock that minimizes unwelcome dripping. This automatic glue retraction mechanism not only stops drips, but it also ensures that the nozzle doesn’t dry out and enables a constant stream of glue.
Bosch 18E Glue Gun has a built-in folding wire stand that allows your glue gun to be put down quickly and safely.
Of course, this product has some bad sides too. It is quite heavy, approximately 500 gr. But what bothers me more is that I can’t figure out why the manufacturer didn’t put the power switch on this gun. So when you want to turn it off, you need to unplug it.
- Two heat settings;
- Mechanical feed system;
- Integrated drip lock;
- Built-in folding wire stand;
- This model does not have a power switch;
- It is quite heavy.
The GR20AX is a small-size, compact and easy-to-use gun that is great for hard-to-reach corners as well as getting into small cabinets and boxes. This model is ideal for wood, plastic, styrofoam, and other semi-porous materials.
This gun is a dual-temperature model and works on 30 watts power, so it heats up pretty quickly and bounds within 60 seconds. The nozzles, unfortunately, can’t be changed, and it doesn’t come with the power switch.
The trigger feed mechanism controls the flow of glue for detailed and precise results, so you can easily control how much you want to come out by putting very little pressure on the trigger, or lots of pressure for lots of glue. But unfortunately, you need to apply a lot of pressure to press this trigger properly so your hand will feel fatigued very soon.
You will find that this gun has a little flip-down stand built onto the bottom under the nozzle so you can stand it up when you’re done with it.
This model comes with a great feature – a glue mat so that the melted hot glue doesn’t stick and prevents you from making a mess on your workspace. Plus you will get six regular glue sticks and six extra strong glue sticks too.
- Compact and easy to use;
- 30 watts power;
- Feature the trigger feed mechanism;
- Built-in flip-down stand;
- Glue mat;
- 12 additional glue sticks.
- Nozzles can’t be changed;
- Lack of power switch;
- Very stiff trigger.
If you need a hot glue gun that can be used to fix electronics, you will not go wrong when you get this gun. It’s a well-made and light model that can be used on variety of materials. Because of its small size, it is not very durable or heat resistant, so you need to be careful when using it. On the other hand, it is very accurate and precise, so it’s better to be used in smaller projects.
It features a PTC heater technology that allows it to heat up in 3-5 minutes. It is a mini glue gun, so it works on 50 watts of power. Trigger propulsion design will enable you to control the glue flow and prevent wasting glue sticks easily. And while we are mentioning glue sticks – purchasing this product, you will get 50 glue sticks extra!
From safety features, it has a built-in safety fuse to prevent overheating and keeps temperature constant. The power switch is conveniently located on the bottom of the handle. Just under the nozzles, you will find the removable metallic stand to support your glue gun.
If you are not satisfied with this product, you have a 12-month warranty.
- PTC technology – heats up fast ;
- Lightweight and precise;
- Working on 50 watts power;
- Built-in safe fuse;
- Removable metallic stand;
- Power switch;
- 12-month warranty and an additional 50 glue sticks.
- Not very durable or heat resistant.
This glue gun is suitable for professional users as well for DIY users no matter if you are going to use it at home or your workplace. You can use it on a range of different materials such as for wood, glass, plastic, metal or any other material you choose. It is produced out of very durable plastic and metal. Lightweight and ergonomically designed, it will prevent your hands from getting fatigued too quickly.
The working power of this device is 100 watts, so the warm-up time is approximately 2 to 3 minutes. This is a high-temperature model, and it operates in a range of temperatures from 356⁰F to 392⁰F.
On the bottom of the handle, you will find a power switch. Please do not touch the nozzles bare-handed because they aren’t heat resistant. That’s why this device comes with three handy silicone finger protectors to make the usage easier. Just like all other models, it has a fold-down metallic stand so you can quickly put your gun away when you are done.
The cable length is 50 inches, which is not very long, so your work area is limited. This is the only product on this list that comes in a handy travel bag with three silicone finger protectors and 12 glue sticks.
- Lightweight and ergonomically designed;
- Working power of this model is 100 watts;
- Fold-down metallic stand;
- Handy travel bag with three silicone finger protectors and 12 glue sticks.
- The nozzle is not heat resistant;
- The power cable is not long enough.
Final Thoughts – Top 3 Hot Glue Guns You Can Find On The Market Today
In the end, I can tell you I had a tough time choosing the winners because all the products on this list are great, but here they are:
Best overall value: PROkleber Full Size Hot Glue Gun
- We all know there is no such a thing like a perfect product so the few flaws this model has are not dealbreakers and I gladly recommend it for anyone who needs a durable and reliable hot glue gun.
Best budget option: CCbetter Mini Hot Glue Gun
- I like this gun; it is straightforward to use, has excellent quality, is lightweight, very versatile, and it comes at more than affordable price. I highly recommend it!
Premium pick: Surbonder PRO2 220 220
- Yes, the price of this product is probably too high for many DIYers and hobbyists out there. But re-read my review, and you will see why I am highly recommending this device. That being said though, this model is still a worthwhile investment because it was made to last for years.