Top 5 Best Foundations For Textured Skin 2020:
- Clinique Acne Solutions Liquid Makeup Foundation
- Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation
- Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless Liquid Foundation
- L’Oreal Paris Infallible Total Cover Foundation
- MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation
If you’re struggling with textured skin, it probably feels like you’re the only one. Don’t despair, because textured skin condition is more often than you think. A lot of adults have this issue and it can be difficult to deal with.
Not having perfect skin can seriously affect your confidence, but just remember it’s completely normal!
You can always cover all your imperfections with a good foundation. If you’re looking for the best foundation for textured skin, you’re in the right place. The great thing about products like a foundation is that once you find what works for you, you can use it for years. Most of the popular formulas that exist today have been around for many years now!
So, let us help you find the perfect foundation for your skin with our buying guide and the best choices on the market! Let’s dive in!
5 Best Foundations For Textured Skin In 2020: Detailed Reviews
1. Clinique Acne Solutions Liquid Makeup Foundation – Best Overall
Clinique is one of the best-known brands when it comes to skincare. Their skincare is really amazing, but so is their makeup. This is because they, as a skincare brand, know which ingredients will be beneficial in makeup products!
Clinique Acne Solutions or Anti-Blemish solutions is a liquid foundation with high coverage, which means it will successfully cover all of the imperfections on your skin. It’s ideal for skin prone to acne because it doesn’t contain any oils! Acne-prone skin is usually oily, so an oil-free foundation like this one will do wonders on your skin and prevent the build-up of excess sebum throughout the day!
This foundation is also long-lasting, and if you set it with a good setting powder, it’ll stay on your face for the whole day without your skin becoming oily and shiny. The great thing about this foundation is that it’s formulated with ingredients usually found in skincare, so it helps to treat existing breakouts and keep them from coming back!
Acne Solutions is a high coverage foundation, but if you feel like one layer is not enough for you, you can always add another layer since it builds up nicely. However, it’s highly unlikely you’ll have to put more than one layer, because, with this foundation, a little goes a long way! So, even though is not the most affordable choice, it should last you a long time!
- Formulated with skincare ingredients
- Treats existing breakouts
- High coverage, long-lasting formula
- It’s a bit pricey, but not too over the top
2. Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation – Premium Pick
Estee Lauder is a high-end brand well known for its high-quality skincare. The same level of quality can be found in the makeup line. Although the brand is one of the priciest out there, it’s worth the money and it’s something you should consider investing in!
This foundation comes in 37 shades, which is amazing because you’ll definitely manage to find the one that suits you! It’s also one of the longest-lasting foundations. You can wear it for up to 15 hours per day without it losing the texture or the color, and your face won’t get shiny.
The Double Wear foundation will cover all your skin imperfections, including discoloration, hyperpigmentation, and acne. If you have dull complexion due to lack of sleep or if you suffer from rosacea or skin redness, this is definitely the best choice for you. Only one layer of this foundation will cover it all, but you can also always add more if you feel like it!
Although it is high coverage and long-lasting, this liquid foundation feels surprisingly light on your skin. It has a matte finish which is ideal for oily, acne-prone skin. However, it’s not too mattifying so if you have dry skin, it won’t be too dry for your face.
This is a product that’s definitely worth the splurge if you want the best, long-lasting, high-coverage foundation for textured skin!
- Good for all skin types
- Lasts all-day
- Covers all imperfections including rosacea
- Provides high coverage
- It’s definitely one of the most expensive liquid foundations
3. Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless Liquid Foundation – Best Budget-Friendly Foundation
An incredible budget-friendly choice is the Fit Me liquid foundation by Maybelline. With 40 shades available, this foundation has one of the biggest shade ranges on the market! It comes in a recyclable glass bottle and it’s very affordable!
The Fit Me foundation is a liquid formula that provides medium coverage. It feels very light on your face so you can easily build up to high coverage, without it getting cakey. The formula is also non-comedogenic and has clay, an incredible ingredient that cleans your skin and leaves it ultra-soft. Ingredient-wise, this is one of the best formulas for people with problematic skin!
It has a matte finish, which is ideal if you have normal, oily, or combination skin. It will regulate the excess sebum and keep your face matte and shineless for hours. It’s worth mentioning that the formula is not as long-lasting as some others, so if that’s something that’s important to you, this may not be the best choice. However, if you plan to wear it only for a few hours, it will do the job!
It’s also great if you have large pores because it makes them look smaller. You cannot physically make your pores smaller, but this foundation creates the illusion of smaller pores! This is the Matte+Poreless formula, but the same foundation also comes in a Dewy formula, and this might be a better idea if you have dry skin.
- Comes in 40 shades
- Makes your pores look smaller
- Formulated with clay
- It’s very affordable
- It’s not long-lasting
4. L’Oreal Paris Infallible Total Cover Foundation – Suitable For All Skin Types
There are a lot of affordable liquid foundations, but the Infallible Total Cover Foundation by L’Oreal Paris is one of the best for textured skin. Compared to the first two foundations that come in a luxury, glass bottle, this one has a more simple design and comes in plastic packaging.
Makeup products by L’Oreal Paris provide top performance while being surprisingly affordable. L’Oreal claims that you can wear this foundation for up to 24 hours. However, it’s not recommended to wear any makeup that long, so you shouldn’t do it with this foundation either. That being said, this foundation will stay untouched on your face throughout the day, up to 10, 12 hours for sure!
The Infallible foundation provides high coverage and a natural finish, which means it works great for all skin types. If you have dry skin, it won’t dry it further, and if you have oily skin, it won’t make it more oily. It also comes in all three undertones, but unfortunately, only in 12 shades, which is not very inclusive.
The good thing about this liquid foundation is that it doesn’t feel too heavy on your skin. Because it feels light, you can easily apply more than one layer without it being too much or getting cakey.
All in all, this is a great affordable foundation for textured skin if they have your shade!
- Affordable price
- Suits all skin types
- Has a natural finish
- Lasts for hours
- There aren’t enough shades
5. MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation – A Timeless Classic
MAC is one of the old school makeup brands that’s been around for a long time. Most of their products haven’t changed in a long time, including this Studio Fix Fluid foundation. Why fix something if it isn’t broken, right?
The Studio Fix foundation has been a go-to foundation of many professional and amateur makeup artists for many years. It has a wide shade range so you’ll definitely be able to find your shade. Not only will this foundation make your face look absolutely stunning, but it’s also going to protect it with the SPF 15! This is great because you don’t have to put SPF before makeup.
Because it comes in a wide range of shades, there’s something for every skin tone and undertone. It has a natural matte finish which means it’s great for almost all skin types! If you have normal, oily, or combination skin, you’ll absolutely love this foundation. The formula is oil-free so you don’t have to worry about your skin getting too shiny!
This is a long-lasting formula and although it supposedly stays on your face for 24 hours, this is too much for any foundation and it’s not recommended to wear it more than 12 hours. 12 hours is something that the Studio Fix foundation definitely can do! If your skin is very oily, make sure to apply setting powder over this foundation to ensure that it will definitely stay on all day!
- Long-lasting high coverage foundation
- Oil-free formula
- Wide shade range
- The biggest downside is the high price
What Is Textured Skin?
Textured skin is a condition that makes the surface of your skin look dry, coarse, or rough, as opposed to healthy clean skin that looks and feels soft, smooth, and hydrated.
Textured skin can happen due to a number of reasons, and if you’re not sure why you have it, we highly recommend you pay a visit to your dermatologist. The most common causes of textured skin are sun damage, aging, acne, dryness, eczema, and so on. Some causes, like aging, are out of our control and there’s nothing we can do to stop it. However, when it comes to other things like sun damage or acne, there are steps you can take to prevent them.
Sun damage is responsible for most problems on our skin, and this is why it’s crucial that you wear sunscreen every single day! Also, make sure to have a good skincare routine that’s suitable for your skin type!
This may sound surprising, but there is one more factor that plays a huge roll in your skin health – your lifestyle. A healthy diet and a regular sleep schedule will do wonders run for your skin in the long run!
If you have a healthy diet, but still struggle with textured skin, don’t get discouraged. More often than not, textured skin occurs naturally. But, with a good skincare routine and a perfect foundation, your skin will look better than ever!
See Also: The Best Cocoa Butter Lotion
How To Choose The Best Foundation For Textured Skin?
Before you spend your money on a foundation, there are some things you have to consider. You can’t just buy a foundation at random because it may not suit your skin and it may end up causing even more problems! So, think carefully about your skin type and tone, and choose the best one for you!
1. Check Your Skin Type
- It’s very important to choose the foundation based on your skin type, so always make sure to know for sure what your skin type is.
- If you have dry skin, then matte foundations may not be the best choice as they can further dry your skin, so you need something with moisturizing properties. On the other hand, if your skin is very oily, you could benefit from a matte foundation as it will prevent the excess sebum and keep your face matte and shineless. With normal or combination skin, you should go with natural-finish foundations!
2. Choose The Right Shade
- Once you know your skin type, you have to consider your skin color and undertone. First, make sure to check your undertone. There are three kinds of undertones – cool, warm, and neutral. Cool is for blue, pink, and red skin, warm for golden, yellow, and peach skin, and neutral is the combination of these two.
- When you figure out your skin undertone, you’ll be able to choose the right shade of foundation. The good news is that most brands have a very wide range of shades so you won’t have trouble finding the one that suits you!
- Choosing the right shade is crucial, so think well before you decide which one to get. If you choose a lighter or darker shade than what you need, you’ll end up wasting money!
- The level of coverage is another thing to consider before you buy a foundation. If you need to wear makeup for many hours, you should go with a high coverage foundation. It’s more likely to stay on your face longer than a low coverage foundation.
- Unfortunately, if you have textured skin, a low coverage foundation won’t do a lot to cover it. Low or medium coverage is ideal if you have smooth skin and just need something to even your skin tone. So, the best choice for textured skin is definitely a high coverage foundation.
- Keep in mind that high coverage foundations feel heavier on your skin and they don’t really allow your skin to breathe, which is why it’s crucial that you take off your entire makeup before going to bed without exception! Going to sleep with makeup on your face highly increases the chance of skin damage and speeds up the aging process!
- If you have sensitive skin prone to acne and blemishes, you must check the ingredient list of any product you put on your face, including the foundation.
- Look for formulas that are fragrance-free, sulfate-free, and non-comedogenic. It would also be smart to avoid different types of alcohol in your skincare and makeup as they make the skin very dry.
- You can even find foundations that have beneficial ingredients like aloe, vitamin E, chamomile, and other skin-soothing ingredients. Some foundations actually have ingredients that treat your existing breakouts!
- Some foundations have SPF, and it’s usually in the range between 15 and 30. It’s doubtful you’ll find a foundation with the SPF 50. Still, even 15 or 20 will give you enough protection if you don’t spend every minute of your day at direct sunlight.
- You can also apply your SPF moisturizer before the foundation. However, keep in mind that SPF doesn’t build-up, so if you apply a moisturizer with SPF 30 and a foundation with SPF 30, you won’t get SPF 60. There’s no such thing!
- This means that if your foundation has a good SPF, it’s not necessary to apply SPF before applying the foundation! On the other hand, if you opt for a foundation that doesn’t have sun protection, it’s highly recommended to put SPF moisturizer before your makeup!
Final Thoughts And Recommendations
Problematic skin is something a lot of people struggle with, so if you ever feel like you’re the only one, don’t worry, it’s more common than you think. Even among adults! Whatever the cause of your textured skin is, make sure to go to your dermatologist and get professional advice on how to fix it. In the meantime, you can buy a foundation ideal for textured skin!
In this article, we’ve reviewed our top five choices and now let’s see what are our top recommendations when it comes to the best foundation for textured skin!
Best Overall: Clinique Acne Solutions Liquid Makeup Foundation
- Clinique Acne Solutions foundation is the absolute winner of this round! Clinique is a brand that makes both skincare and makeup. They put a lot of beneficial skincare ingredients into their foundation formulas, and this one will not only treat the existing problems you have, but it will also make sure they don’t come back!
Premium Pick: Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation
- If you want to splurge on a high-end foundation, you’ll love the Estee Lauder Double Wear liquid foundation. It’s one of the best out there for problematic, textured skin. You’ll enjoy wearing it and once you try it, we’re sure you will not want to use anything else!
Best Budget-Friendly Choice: Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless Liquid Foundation
- Not only is the Maybelline Fit Me one of the best foundations for textured skin in that price range, but it also comes in a wide shade range which means you’ll definitely be able to find your shade! This foundation will make your skin look nice and smooth and it will make your pores look smaller. On top of that, it’s very affordable!