Top 5 Best Concealed Carry Belts 2021:
- WOLF TACTICAL Heavy-Duty Quick-Release EDC Belt
- ComfortTac XL Ultimate Belly Band Holster for Concealed Carry
- Hanks Extreme – Leather Gun Belt for CCW 17 Oz
- Hanks Gunner – USA Made Concealed Carry CCW Leather Gun Belt 14 Oz
- Relentless Tactical The Ultimate Concealed Carry CCW Gun Belt
Do you own a gun?
If you do, what is the safest way for you to carry it around when needed?
It is on the belt, right?
First, you can’t carry it on your regular belt. Well, you do, but they are too flexible, and they can hardly withstand the weight of the gun so we can’t say this is the safest way if you work as an officer, security guard, law enforcement or military personnel than you know how important is to acquire the concealed carrying belt.
For those of you who own a gun but don’t know anything about this type of military gear, we are here to enlighten you. In today’s article, we will be going to discuss the best concealed carry belt available on the market.
5 Best Concealed Carry Belts In 2021: Detailed Reviews
1. ComfortTac XL Ultimate Belly Band Holster for Concealed Carry – Bargain-Counter
The ComfortTac belly band holster does not require wearing an undershirt since it is made from a surgical-graded elastic material that will comfortably stretch around your body. We still advise you to wear it since elastic gets nasty and tricky when it’s wet and hot so it has a tendency to pinch your skin, making it uncomfortable to wear. Luckily this belly band holster comes with a neoprene backing which makes it more breathable.
This belt comes in two sizes in Large that measures 5″ in width and 42″ in length – this will fit a 44″ circumference and XL measures 5″ in width and 52″ in length – this will fit a 54″ circumference. It is straightforward to fasten the belt since it comes with a strip made of Velcro that is wide as the belt and goes 2 inches across.
The metal snap retention strap is flexible and stitched to the belt, but over time, this strap is the first part that will fail. Also, you can pick between right and left hand draw. The belt is suitable for Glock, Sig Sauer, Beretta, Kahr, Bersa, Taurus, Walther and more. But it works best with subcompact guns.
It is a bit bulky we agree, but that is the main reason why this model can be carried in a different position not just on the hip. Also, we must mention how affordable this belt is. Without any doubt, you will get excellent value for the money.
- Great value for the price
- Comes in two sizes
- Neoprene backing
- Best for subcompact guns
- Retention strap should be more durable
- Not suitable to be used without undershirt when it gets wet
2. Hanks Gunner – USA Made Concealed Carry CCW Leather Gun Belt 14 Oz – Premium Quality
If you’re looking for a leather belt that you can wear every day, but you also want it to allow you to carry your holster, you should check out this model.
This belt is made out of high-quality 100% full-grain American leather. This is one of the most durable and thick belts that you can find on the market at this moment, and it will work well with holsters using different fasteners as belt clips, tunnels, or loop paddles.
The belt is seriously tough which guarantees you long-lasting use, and it won’t break or sag. That also leads us to the conclusion that you will need to spend some time breaking this thick leather belt before you can wear it comfortably.
This is a 14 oz Vegetable Tanned leather belt that is 1.5″ wide and approximately .22-.23 thick. It won’t stretch, sag nor rollover, so it is convenient for carrying extra ammo or any extra gear that you need. The buckle is removable, and it’s tightly fastened with removable Chicago Screws instead of snaps so the buckle can easily be changed if it breaks or snaps.
The belt is sized from 32 up to 80. There are eight holes in the belt that are 1 inch apart. The company recommends that the people who usually wear size 34 get a 38 size belt, 38 should wear 42 and so on. This is for additional convenience and comfortability while wearing it with a gun.
The Hanks Gunner has excellent customer service, and it comes back with a lifelong warranty.
- Thick and strong
- Made from 14 oz full-grain American leather
- Removable buckle
- Removable Chicago Screws
- Needs some time to be broken for comfortable wearing
3. Hanks Extreme – Leather Gun Belt for CCW 17 Oz – Where Practicality Meet Style
The Hanks Extreme leather concealed carry gun belt is one of the most robust and thickest belts for concealed carry that you will come across on the market. It is specially designed to be thick to allow you to move conveniently with a weapon of your choice.
This belt is handmade in the US by Amish craftsmen. It is individually crafted from a 17 oz single piece of full-grain leather – they don’t use ant fillers which increases durability. It will not stretch, sag, or break. The belt is approximately .25 inches thick and 1.5 inches wide, so it is suitable to use with any standard belt loop.
The belt is sturdy and heavy, which can be a problem since it can make wearing uncomfortable until it softens a bit. It is rigid enough to allow you to anchor your concealed carry holster improving your ability to access your gun quickly and with ease. That is not all; it can also hold additional gear like radio pouch, taser, flashlight, holster and mag pouches, and more.
The standard buckle is fastened with Chicago screws that hold tight through daily wear; both can be replaced in case they break or snap. This belt won’t sag or stretch and can endure the extra weight of an ammo bag or extra accessories.
Hanks Gunner offers a 100-year warranty on their leather concealed carry belt, which is very important since it is pricey. The belt is available in sizes from 32 to 60, and you can choose between brown and black finish.
- Made from 17 oz full-grain leather
- Versatile size
- Removable buckle and Chicago screws
- Needs some time to be broken for comfortable wearing
4. Relentless Tactical The Ultimate Concealed Carry CCW Gun Belt – Good For Occasional Use
This is the perfect option if you are looking for a belt that is stylish, sturdy and functional at the same time. This belt is handcrafted from premium grade 14 oz leather that is vegetable-tanned and available in four different finishes. brown and black basketweave designs are both uniquely stylish and eye-catching compared to many other models of CCW belts.
It is highly rated and recommended for weight capacity that can easily hold your holster, gun, and all other necessary clip-on belt accessories for concealed carry. The belt is recommended for open carry and will work well with your tactical gear and for your daily wear.
Manufacturers claim that this premium leather belt won’t bend, stretch, or break but it is too flexible for the belt crafted from leather. You can still rest assured that it will hold up years of everyday use without sagging or damage.
The belt is 1.5 inches wide, and it has seven holes that are 1 inch apart. The belt is quite long, and there are no clips or bands to hold it down, which can be very annoying. It features a bulky and removable buckle that unfortunately is not durable enough. The Chicago screws that are used to hold the buckle in place are prone to falling out so you will need to acquire a new buckle sooner than you thought.
Relentless Tactical offers a lifetime warranty on all belts which can come in handy since they are a bit expensive and prone to failure.
- Crafted from high-quality leather
- Removable buckle
- Good weight capacity
- Chicago screws are prone to falling out
- No clips or bands
- Too flexible
5. WOLF TACTICAL Heavy-Duty Quick-Release EDC Belt – Perfect Choice For Open Carry
Wolf Tactical belt is high quality, military-grade tactical gear that will last you for years to come. The belt is very versatile so it can also be very useful for carrying the everyday tools of all professions like electricians, utility workers, security guards, and more. It features a unisex design, so it is suitable for both men and women.
The belt is 1.75” wide, and it is super thick. It is made from two layers of high quality 1.5″ nylon webbing. For additional rigidity, it is reinforced, which makes this belt tough and durable.
It’s well built, it is sturdy enough to carry most types of firearms without risk of bending, sagging, or folding over and we like that. But that also means it is very heavy for a synthetic material belt, and it is rigid and pretty wide so it might not fit in every belt loop.
The fastening and releasing the belt is extremely convenient and quick since this model features a metal quick-release buckle. Also, it has no holes at all, so it is fully adjustable to any waist size. To be sure you secured the end, there is a Velcro hook and loop closure. The belt comes in sizes from S to XXL. Our advice is when choosing the right size to add 1 or 2 inches to your waist size.
The product comes with lifetime product support, and lifetime protection from product defects which makes this belt is a risk-free purchase.
- Versatile use
- Unisex design
- Durable and made from two layers of nylon
- Quick-release buckle
- Adjustable size
- Great warranty
- Bulky can’t fit every belt loop
Things To Consider When Buying A Concealed Carry Belt
If you have never owned or purchased a concealed carrying belt before we believe you are not sure what to look for when trying to make a decision, that is why we are going to explain to you what the key factors are. After learning this, picking a belt that suits your needs will not be a hard task anymore.
1. Material And Stitching
The material used for crafting the belt is crucial. The material affects how the belt looks, and how well it can withstand daily use.
- Leather – Here we talk about a different type of leather, not the one that is used for regular belts. These belts are made out of thick leather, some can even be .23″ thick, so they are able to handle everything you wish to carry. One of the main advantages of using a leather belt is convenience. You can wear it when you’re going to your office, store, or when you’re picking up your kids without attracting any attention.
What we count as a disadvantage is the amount of time you need to spend to break them in. Meaning you won’t be able to use the belt properly for several days because you won’t be able to close it due to the thickness of leather.
- Nylon – Many manufacturers switched to nylon when crafting their belts. That’s understandable since nylon is very durable, resistant, and it’s cheaper than leather. Nylon belts will offer many advantages, not just affordability. One of the main advantages of using a nylon belt is versatility since some are very tough, and can withstand up to 7000 lbs of force. This means they can be used as a climbing tool, or to help you build a shelter in the case of an emergency.
The downside of using a nylon belt is that you might not be able to wear it to your work, or an office, depending on the dress code of course. They are amazingly comfortable, but they are not very eye-pleasing.
Stitching is very important. No matter if you have a leather belt or a nylon belt if the stitching is wrong. The stitching is where most gun belts fail. Good stitching takes time in manufacturing, and that means it will cost more.
A belt must be comfortable, and you are aware of that if you ever used one before. This is important considering you will be wearing it for the most part of the day.
- Usually, leather belts are much more comfortable than nylon once. Once the leather belt is broken, it will offer you amazing comfortability and flexibility, and at the same time, it will keep your holster nice and secure. They might slightly be annoying when you’re sitting since they are very thick.
- Nylon belts can be comfortable only if you find the right size. Wearing a thin nylon belt can be a very traumatizing experience because it might push against your belly when you’re sitting down, which is very uncomfortable.
Belts come with different types of buckles, and not all of them are very good, so they can’t offer you much-needed security.
- When buying a leather belt, there is no need to worry about the belt buckle considering that they usually use stainless steel buckles that lock securely in place and they can be replaced in case they get damaged.
- Nylon belts, on the other hand, come with a wide variety of buckles. Of course, all of them are advertised as very good and secure, which is not always the case.
Since there are too many types of buckles available, now it is very hard to determine exactly which are good and which are bad. The good buckle must be adjustable; you shouldn’t spend a lot of time adjusting them. Also, it is crucial that you are able to do that in the movement.
4. Price And Warranty
- As you could expect, these types of belts come at different prices. Some models are extremely cheap, while others can be expensive. In general, expect to spend a lot more money on leather belts. If you are on the budget, opt for a high-quality nylon model.
- If you are not planning to use your belt daily or even frequently then don’t spend a lot of money on it, also if you decide to purchase an expensive model make sure it is backed with some kind of warranty for your safety.
See Also: The Best Ratchet Belt
When purchasing a gun belt, you should always first go for comfort, then safety and the last place is reserved for the looks. They offer a safe and useful way to carry your gun. They will hold the holster in place so you in case of the emergency you will be able to draw fast. Before making a final purchase, make sure you measure your waist correctly so the belt can fit you perfectly.
Best Overall Value: WOLF TACTICAL Heavy-Duty Quick-Release EDC Belt
- It is an excellent choice for those who require quickly in and out capability from their belts. It does not feature a casual style, but at the same time, it is not suitable for the office either. This is a particular look, though but it will offer you safety and reliability that you demand.
Best Budget Option: ComfortTac XL Ultimate Belly Band Holster for Concealed Carry
- This is a very good holster belt for occasional use since it is not suitable when it’s hot outside. If the unique features of Velcro, elastic and neoprene are what you need, then this is a great option for you. You can wear it when going to the office, to the gym, or to the groceries store since it is not flashy or visible.
Premium Pick: Hanks Extreme – Leather Gun Belt for CCW 17 Oz
- This belt will never split, stretch or rollover. It’s an excellent choice for everyday use, for the office, for formal events, or for regular concealed carry. It comes from a well-known CCW belt company that gives a lifetime warranty to its users. It is handmade from America’s finest leather with one extra layer for better longevity if you ask us, it’s worth every penny.