Top 5 Best Cheese Slicers 2021:
- Bellemain Adjustable Thickness Cheese Slicer
- Westmark Germany Multipurpose Stainless Steel Cheese and Food Slicer
- Boska Holland 307063 Monaco Cheese Slicer
- Prodyne 805B Thick Beechwood Cheese Slicer
- Fox Run Marble Cheese Slicer
One thing all cheese enthusiasts can agree on is that cutting cheese is probably the most difficult and frustrating process. Especially if esthetic is your thing. Making that perfect, esthetically pleasing cheese plate is not an easy task. Whether you prefer hard or a soft type of cheese, cutting it into identical pieces will be a challenge.
This is where one simple yet useful device comes in handy – a best cheese slicer.
Since there are so many options you can choose from when it comes to cheese slicers, we’ve decided to help you and review some of the most popular ones.
Related: The Best Cheese Grater
5 Best Cheese Slicers In 2021: Detailed Reviews
After thorough investigation and so many delicious cheese slices, these are our top 5 choices for best cheese slicers:
1. Bellemain Adjustable Thickness Cheese Slicer – elegance and simplicity
Bellemain cheese slicer is an undeniable proof that kitchen tools don’t need to be expensive to do an excellent job. No matter the type of cheese, with Bellemain you’ll always be able to cut it to perfection.
This is because you have control of how thick you want the pieces to be. The wire on this cheese slicer is made of stainless steel which enables you to cut cheese from thick to paper thin pieces. Even with larger pieces that can be up to 3.5 inches wide, you will be able to cut it effortlessly.
Bellemain is a New York based brand that’s well known for making high quality, durable kitchen appliances, and this cheese slicer is no exception. The simple and elegant design make it a classic piece that will be a great addition to your kitchen and the fact that it’s made from a single piece of zinc alloy means it will also last you a long time.
With this slicer comes an extra stainless steel wire, so even if something happens to the current wire, you can easily replace it with an identical one. In addition to all this, Bellemain offers you a one year warranty!
All in all, this is a handy little kitchen tool that’s easy to use, has a classic design and comes at a very reasonable price!
- Adjustable thickness
- Stainless steel wire
- Comes with a replaceable wire
- Not very versatile, in case you’re looking for a multipurpose kitchen tool
2. Westmark Germany Multipurpose Stainless Steel Cheese and Food Slicer – premium, multipurpose pick
It’s relatively well known – if a car or a kitchen appliance is made in Germany, it’s made to last!
This Westmark Germany Slicer is made of premium materials that offer durability. With stainless steel wire, aluminum handle, ABS board and a polypropylene adjustable scale, you can be sure you have a kitchen tool that will serve you well for many years to come.
The best part of this nifty kitchen appliance is that, along with soft and hard cheeses, it can be used to slice other food too! You can easily cut all kinds of vegetables, fruits and even some types of meat, like sausages or salami. See Also: The Best Home Meat Slicers
If you have a lot of hungry mouths to feed, or you simply wish to have one device that will help you prepare an entire charcuterie board, than you can’t go wrong with Westmark Germany Multipurpose Slicer.
Since it’s made of a combination of different materials, you may question whether maintenance is complicated or not. Simple answer is – it’s not. Cleaning is pretty straightforward and all you’ll need to do is wash it with your regular dish soap and a brush to scrape off any residue.
Westmark Slicer is a well-crafted device, and, in terms of performance and versatility, it is an exceptional choice. Just in case you are ever not completely satisfied with it, the manufacturer offers you a five year warranty!
- Guaranteed German quality
- Stainless steel and aluminum handle
- Adjustable thickness
- Easy to clean
- A bit pricey
3. Prodyne 805B Thick Beechwood Cheese Slicer – a classic, everlasting design
For more than four decades, Prodyne has been manufacturing cheese slicers that come in a variety of styles and materials, like bamboo, beech wood and metal. This particular model is made of beech wood.
If you love that classic, homey design, than this cheese slicer is a perfect choice for you. The simple, elegant appearance along with the high quality materials make this an indispensable kitchen tool for every cheese lover out there.
The board is made of beech wood – a high-quality, durable material. It holds out against scratching much longer than many other woods. It is also extremely hard-wearing and shock absorbing.
These qualities are not all that make Prodyne cheese slicer such an amazing option. One more useful feature that this kitchen tool has, is non-slip rubber feet that help keep it steady while you’re cutting the cheese. Also, the sleek black arm and handle are integrated into the board, making it very safe and easy to use.
One thing though – if you wish to preserve the durability and appearance of beech wood board, you should never throw it in the dishwasher, since it can seriously harm it. However, if your Prodyne Beechwood cheese slicer wire ever gets ruined, don’t despair, because the company gives you a lifetime warranty against breakage!
- Made by a trustworthy brand
- High-quality beech wood that can withstand scratching
- Non-slip rubber feet for steadiness
- Lifetime warranty for the stainless steel wire
- Not dishwasher safe
- Not the most budget-friendly option
4. Fox Run Marble Cheese Slicer – unique and stylish
Fox Run Marble cheese slicer is made for those with a fine taste. The simple yet elegant white marble design makes it a stunning piece that will fit perfectly in your modern kitchen.
Not only is it visually appealing, it’s also made to last. The wire, which is made from stainless steel, will help you make perfect slices of both soft and hard cheeses.
One more thing about this marble board – it will not absorb any moisture or odor from the food that’s sliced on it. This quality of marble stone actually prolongs the lifetime of this cheese slicer. Plus, you don’t have to worry about making the surface damp and it keeps your cheese at a nice, cool temperature!
Just to make sure that you have a good, durable tool in your hand, the manufacturer provides you with two extra stainless steel wires, in case the original one ever gets damaged.
Like all good board cheese slicers, this one also comes with non-slip rubber feet, so you can always be sure that it’s safe to use!
As for cleaning, try to avoid putting this cheese slicer in the dishwasher. It’s not guaranteed that anything will happen to it, but it’s always better to be safe than sorry!
All things considered, with an elegant white marble design and high-performance wires, Fox Run Marble cheese slicer simply stands out from the rest!
- Natural marble stone board – very durable
- Stainless steel wires
- Elegant, classy design
- Reasonable price
- Not dishwasher safe
5. Boska Holland 307063 Monaco Cheese Slicer – convenient, wireless slicer
For all you cheese lovers that don’t like to be bothered with unnecessary things, this simple, compact Boska Holland cheese slicer is a perfect choice!
Although it has a very simple design, this handy kitchen tool comes with a little twist. Unlike most cheese slicers, this one doesn’t have a wire! Don’t let this confuse you – not having a wire makes it even easier to use!
Boska, a brand from the land of delicious Dutch cheese, has been in business since 1896 and since then it has, without a doubt, perfected the art of cutting cheese. This slicer is practical, modern and efficient at the same time.
Since it’s made from stainless steel, it’s both high-quality and durable. It is also quite flexible. The slicer bends back and forth, gliding over the cheese with ease.
The fact that it doesn’t have a wire means you can’t really adjust the thickness as you wish. Since this slicer was designed for semi-hard and hard cheeses, that should not pose a huge problem. However, contrary to the design’s original purpose, many consumers stated that it works just fine with soft cheeses as well!
Finally, to clean Boska Holland cheese slicer after use, simply put it in a dishwasher and relax. If something ever happens to it, you get a 10 year warranty anyway!
- Durable stainless steel blade
- No wire
- Smart European design
- Dishwasher safe
- It’s not possible to adjust thickness
- Not made for very soft cheeses
Why Should You Use A Cheese Slicer?
There are a couple of reasons why you should really consider purchasing a cheese slicer.
- First one, and possibly the most important one, is that pre-sliced cheese that comes wrapped in questionable plastic is something you should really avoid. It doesn’t work well to keep the cheese fresh and it’s also not budget-friendly in the long haul.
- Second one – using a knife to manually cut a block of cheese can be unnecessarily time consuming!
So, to save time and to provide freshly cut cheese slices for your loved ones, seriously think about getting a cheese slicer!
Two Types Of Cheese Slicers
All cheese slicers can be divided into two categories: handheld slicers and slicers with a base.
1. Handheld Slicers
- These slicers are usually small and easy to use. They don’t take as much space as the ones with a base. You have to hold them in your hand at a certain angle to get the best outcome. They are usually very affordable and easy to maintain so they can last you a long time.
2. Slicers With A Base
- Like the name says, these slicers come with a base usually made of wood, marble or some other strong material. They can be multipurpose and used to cut food other than cheese. When it comes to cleaning, they are a bit more sensitive, so you should avoid putting them in a dishwasher.
What To Consider Before Buying A Cheese Slicer
1. Adjustable Thickness
- If you prefer different thickness of cheese slices depending on the type of cheese, you should always check if the cheese slicer you want to buy has an adjustable thickness feature. Most of them have this option, but there are some that come without a wire thus making it impossible to adjust the width of each slice.
- Make sure to choose a slicer that will last you for many years. Most cheese slicers are designed to be durable, since they are usually made of stainless steel. Stainless steel doesn’t rust easily and can last up to a decade.
- Even though cheese slicers are made to last, always check if it comes with one or two extra wires so you can replace the original one if it ever gets damaged.
- Furthermore, most manufacturers of cheese slicers offer one, five or ten years warranty for their products. This means you will be secured in case anything ever happens to your slicer or you’re not satisfied with its performance.
- What we mean by versatility in this case is that the cheese slicer should be able to work on both soft and hard cheeses. Most slicers can handle all kinds of cheeses, but always be sure to check, so you don’t end up with a slicer that won’t cut all your favorite cheeses equally.
- You don’t really ever have to worry about cleaning a cheese slicer. Most of them are fairly easy to clean. Just run them under warm water and some dish soap, or if they’re dishwasher safe, simply put them in one. You can choose some special materials, like marble, if you really want the base to be odor-resistant and cool at all times.
Final Thoughts And Recommendations
We have to admit that choosing the best cheese slicer was not easy at all. Taking into account material, durability, sharpness of the wire, practicality and many more things, we’ve come to a conclusion that these are the best options for cheese slicers out there:
Best Budget-Friendly Pick: Bellemain Adjustable Thickness Cheese Slicer
- Adjustable thickness, premium quality wires and sleek, elegant design are only some of the features this amazing cheese slicer offers. And, it comes at a very affordable price!
Multipurpose option: Westmark Germany Multipurpose Stainless Steel Cheese and Food Slicer
- If you’re in the search for a great, multipurpose slicer that cut not only cheese, but also other types of food, like vegetables and fruit, than this well-crafted, German quality slicer is the best option for you!
Functional and efficient choice: Boska Holland 307063 Monaco Cheese Slicer
- Having perfected cheese slicing techniques, Boska crafted this slicer to be a highly practical and efficient, wireless cutter. You can’t go wrong with an affordable, cleverly designed option like this one!