Top 5 Best Home Meat Slicers 2021:
- Chef’sChoice 615A000 Meat Slicer
- KWS MS-6RS Premium Electric Meat Slicer
- Elite Platinum EMT-625B Electric Deli Meat Slicer
- Kitchener 9-inch Electric Meat Slicer
- NESCO FS-250, Stainless Steel Meat Slicer
Is there anything better than freshly sliced paper-thin meat on delicious bread? Whether you prefer roast ham and turkey, corned beef, or the delicious prosciutto, you’ll agree they all taste better when sliced properly!
Unfortunately, enjoying thin, mouthwatering slices of meat usually means that you have to run to your local store every now and then, and this can be tiring and time-consuming. Well, we have good news for you! To enjoy sliced meat at home whenever you wish, all you need is a home meat slicer.
A home meat slicer is a useful kitchen tool that will save you a lot of time and money. It can also help you control your portion size and the thickness of the slices, so you can prepare sandwiches and other delicious food according to your taste and preferences!
If you’re wondering how to choose the best home meat slicer and what to consider before you buy it, read our list of the top five best home meat slicers and our buying guide so you can make a smart, informed decision!
Without further ado, let’s begin!
5 Best Home Meat Slicers In 2021: Detailed Reviews
1. Chef’sChoice 615A000 Meat Slicer – Best Choice
Chef’s Choice is a brand with a good reputation and years of experience in making high-quality kitchen tools. This meat slicer is engineered for smooth operation, power, and efficiency and it has a modern, stylish design. All this makes it a perfect tool for those who want to slice their meat with style!
This is a versatile slicer that you can use primarily for meat but also for other food like cheese, bread, and some vegetables (See Also: The Best Cheese Slicers). Although it’s rugged, it has a sophisticated appearance and it’s ideal for both home and professional use. The key components of this slicer are made of cast aluminum and stainless steel, a perfect combination of strong and durable materials.
The 615A000 slicer features an extraordinary powerful high torque motor and smooth gear drive. It has 120 watts power rating which is ideal for a slicer of this type. All these features combined enable continuous and efficient slicing operation!
The 7” stainless steel blade is sharp and able to cut thin slices. The food carriage has a tilted design for fast and efficient slicing. The carriage is also large and fully retracts for slicing of extra-large roasts, hams, and so on. The metal food pusher has a comfortable grip and a non-slip safety feature. Most of the parts, including the blade, food carriage, food pusher, food deflector, and the adjustable thickness guide are removable for easy cleaning!
- Sharp stainless steel blade
- Cast aluminum construction
- Powerful high torque motor
- The only downside is a bit higher price
2. KWS MS-6RS Premium Electric Meat Slicer – Our Premium Pick
The Kitchen Ware Station or KWS meat slicer is a high-quality semi-automatic slicer perfect for home use. Although this model is a bit pricey, the functionalities and incredible features of the slicer, as well as the guaranteed high performance, justify the above-average price!
This slicer has an exceptional motor with 200 watts of power that makes it ideal for slicing all kinds of meat. Although it’s created to be a meat slicer, this device is also highly efficient at slicing other food, like cheese, vegetables, bread, and fruits up to 0.4” thick! It features a thickness adjustment knob that helps you set extremely precise measures.
The blade of the slicer is made of high-quality stainless steel, a sharp and sturdy material that’s highly resistant to rust and corrosion. What’s interesting and quite unique about this slicer is that it has a built-in dual whetstones sharpener and ring guard assembly for the blade which is a very convenient way to keep a razor-sharp edge on the smooth blade!
KWS meat slicer is very easy and safe to use. It has 4 skid-proof rubber feet that keep it stable and in place while operating. The food carriage and some other parts are removable for easier cleaning. The option to remove certain parts is great because it allows you to clean hard-to-reach places where bacteria could grow if not cleaned properly!
- Great for heavy use
- Has a built-in whetstones sharpener and ring guard assembly
- The blade is always razor-sharp
- Skidproof feet provide stability
- Easy to clean
- It’s a bit bulky
3. Elite Platinum EMT-625B Electric Deli Meat Slicer – Best Affordable Option
The Elite Platinum EMT-625B is a great kitchen tool that helps you slice meat in a quick and effortless way, saving you time and money. It’s one of the most affordable home meat slicers that performs surprisingly well, and it’s definitely the best you’ll find in this price range.
This meat slicer is very user-friendly. It’s the ideal meat slicer for home use since it’s not too bulky or complicated, but it still performs amazingly and gives great results. Besides meat, you can use it to cut paper-thin slices of cheese. Whether you want to make delicious sandwiches or prepare a decorative cheese plate for your guests to enjoy, this slicer will be your best friend!
The slicer has an ultra-sharp stainless steel blade. The 7.5 inches blade is rustproof and retractable, which means it’s durable and also very safe to use. The removable blade is very useful as it allows you to cut thin slices with surgical precision. You can adjust the desired thickness from paper-thin slices up to ½” thick slices, all depending on your personal preferences!
Although the slicer is large, it’s not heavy or too bulky. It’s actually very sturdy, safe, and stable, thanks to the rubber feet with a non-slip feature that keep the slicer firmly in place at all times!
- Lightweight and easy to use
- Sturdy and durable construction
- Razor-sharp blade
- Easy to adjust the thickness
- Affordable price
- Not intended for heavy-duty use
4. Kitchener 9-inch Electric Meat Slicer – Ideal For Home Use
With the Kitchener electric meat slicer, you can enjoy thin, thick, or jerky style cut for all your favorite meats. You can use it on salami, steaks, turkey, ham and so on. It’s also great to use on other types of food, especially cheese. If you’re a cheese and meat lover, this is the essential tool for you to have at home!
The 9” blade is one of the biggest on the market when it comes to home meat slicers. It’s made of stainless steel so you know it’s rustproof and resistant to staining and corrosion. It’s also ultra-sharp and it can stay sharp for a long time without requiring sharpening!
The construction of this meat slicer is amazing. It’s built of premium coated steel and die-cast aluminum combined with food-grade plastic and stainless steel carriage surface that protects it from rust. It has 150 watts of motor power, which is great because it’s strong enough to get the job done and it’s certainly enough for home use! With the 4 suction cup feet, the slicer is very safe to use!
The blade is removable and you can attach other blades from the same manufacturer. They offer a bread blade and a serrated blade but these do not come included so if you wish to get them, you have to purchase them separately.
- Coated steel and die-cast aluminum construction
- Very sharp 9” stainless steel blade
- The price is reasonable
- It’s not strong enough for prolonged, heavy-duty use
5. NESCO FS-250, Stainless Steel Meat Slicer – Best For Heavy-Duty Use
Nesco FS-250 meat slicer has all the right features that a good home meat slicer should have. This slicer is surprisingly inexpensive, considering all the benefits and functionalities it offers, so if you want a home meat slicer that offers good quality for money, you’ll absolutely love this one!
When you first look at this slicer, you’ll notice it has a simple yet elegant design. The appearance of the device wasn’t first on the list of priorities of the manufacturer, but rather the efficient performance, high-quality results, and reasonable price!
The slicer features precision depth control and a strong, high-quality 180 watts gear motor. There is also a knob to adjust the thickness and you can cut paper-thin slices up to 9/16” thick slices. Slicing is very easy and quick thanks to the 8.7” razor-sharp blade made of stainless steel. The blade is also serrated which means it can stay sharp for a very long time without the need to sharpen it. It’s large enough to handle food of all shape and size, so this is the perfect slicer if you need one for heavy-duty use!
The non-slip feet add to the stability and safety of the device. Like most home meat slicers, this one also has removable parts, including the food carriage which means cleaning is a breeze and you don’t ever have to worry about the development of bacteria!
- Perfect for heavy-duty use
- Sturdy construction
- 8.7” serrated blade
- Easy to clean
- Not a lightweight slicer
Things To Consider Before You Buy A Home Meat Slicer
There are a few things worth considering before you buy a home meat slicer, so let’s see what they are!
1. Electric vs. Manual
- Manual meat slicers are slowly becoming a thing of the past. There are many reasons why, but mostly it’s because they require a lot of labor. Not only are they more difficult to use, but they’re also time-consuming. With electric meat slicers, you get great results quickly and efficiently, and they don’t require a lot of effort.
- Another reason why electric meat slicers are more and more popular is that most of them are not too expensive. A couple of decades ago, electric devices like meat slicers were pricey, but nowadays you can find so many incredible options that have a reasonable price. Plus, electric meat slicers are not something you buy every day, but rather something you buy once and use for years to come.
- So, when you think about it, it’s worth investing money in a good electric meat slicer. With all the benefits they offer plus how long they last, you won’t regret a single cent.
2. Size And Weight
- The next thing you should consider is the size and weight of the slicer. Home meat slicers can be bulky, so if you don’t want to deal with a heavy kitchen tool, be sure to check the dimensions and how heavy it is.
- There are a lot of home meat slicers that are not so heavy and have a compact design. It all depends on how much you intend to use the slicer and in what purpose. If you need it for prolonged heavy-duty use, it’s likely that you’ll need to get a heavier slicer. On the other hand, if you just need one to use occasionally at home, you’ll find a lot of great lightweight slicers!
3. Blade Type And Size
- When it comes to the blade, you’ll find that there are two types, smooth edge, and serrated edge blade. We cannot say that one is better than the other because they both have advantages and disadvantages.
- For example, serrated edges are great for dense meats and bread. If you have a large piece of meat, a serrated blade will cut it quickly and efficiently. Another benefit of serrated edges is that they can retain their sharpness longer compared to smooth edges, so they don’t need to be sharpened so often.
- On the other hand, if you plan to slice fine meats and cheese, a smooth blade is a better choice. The crucial thing is that the blade is razor-sharp so it can cut through food effortlessly and mess-free. Smooth edge blades are ideal if you wish to cut paper-thin slices of meat or cheese!
- You should also consider the size of the blade. This is not the most important feature but it can be crucial depending on what you plan to slice. Home meat slicers usually have blades between 7 inches and 9 inches.
- Of course, home meat slicers are not dishwasher safe, simply because of their size. The good news is that most of them have a lot of removable parts so they’re very easy to clean.
- Sometimes those removable parts are safe to put in a dishwasher, but make sure to check first, because they might not be and you don’t want them to get damaged!
Final Thoughts And Recommendations
If you read our top choices and buying guide, you should be prepared to make an informed decision and buy the home meat slicer that suits your needs the best!
We’ve made sure to carefully select the top five choices and we’re very confident in them, so whichever one you go for, you won’t make a mistake. Now, let’s take a look at our final choices and top recommendations!
Best Choice: Chef’sChoice 615A000 Meat Slicer
- You can never go wrong if you choose Chef’s Choice for any kitchen tool, especially a home meat slicer. This slicer is an incredible choice because it is quick, efficient, and very easy to use. It has all the features you could possibly need and you’ll be able to use it for a long time. We have to admit, it was very difficult trying to find anything wrong about it!
Our Premium Pick: KWS MS-6RS Premium Electric Meat Slicer
- If you don’t mind spending a bit more money on a home meat slicer, we highly recommend you get this one by KWS. This is a brand well-known for its top-notch products and this meat slicer is no exception. Thanks to the premium materials and extremely high performance of the slicer, you’ll enjoy using it for many years, if not decades!
Best Affordable Option: Elite Platinum EMT-625B Electric Deli Meat Slicer
- If you’re on a budget, you should know that there’s no need to spend a lot of money on a home meat slicer. In fact, you can find amazing affordable options if you know where to look! We’ve made sure to choose only the best budget-friendly choice and this one by Elite will not disappoint you. The EMT-625B meat slicer performs exceptionally well, it’s very easy to use and it’s affordable!