Top 5 Best Teacher Bags 2021:
- Yaluxe Oxford Tote for Women
- Texbo Men’s Laptop Leather Briefcase
- Chiceco Travel Work Tote Bag
- AmazonBasics Laptop Computer Backpack
- Luxur Military Satchel Messenger Bag
The year 2019 has seen a shortage of 300.000 teachers in the US. This is an enormous problem that needs to be dealt with seriously and immediately.
So, what does all this have to do with teacher bags? Not much, frankly.
Maybe we could help recruit some teachers by offering them sweet bags along with better pay?
Oh, don’t look at us like that; we’re just trying to help out!
Jokes aside, a teacher bag is an extremely convenient tool for carrying all the books and papers an average education worker lugs around daily.
If you or someone you know could use a product like this, then let us introduce you to some of the best teacher bags!
Related: The Best Leather Briefcases
5 Best Teacher Bags In 2021: Detailed Reviews
Teachers do a lot for our society, and we genuinely appreciate this.
As a demonstration of gratitude to our dear educators, we compiled a list of five fantastic teacher bags, some of the greatest in the market!
It wasn’t easy to find and review them, but it sure is easy to read what we wrote. So, teacher, let’s get you a proper vehicle for all those papers!
1. Yaluxe Oxford Tote for Women – Best Teacher Bag For Ladies
Ok, enough tottin’ around!
We sincerely apologize for the bad pun.
This brings us to the Yaluxe Oxford, a tote bag for our hard-working female teachers. This model is one of the most popular online right now, so let’s see what’s all the hype about.
P.S. Fellas, we’ve got something for you right after this review.
Yaluxe Oxford is a super-stylish bag that sports a minimalist design. It is available in ten two-color combinations, where the handles have one, and the bag has another color. The palette features only pastel and calm tones, which go well with all clothing styles.
Oxford may as well be the most stylish teacher bag that we’ve seen so far!
As for the practical features, it has several compartments, each for a specific category of things. The main section fits a laptop of up to 14”, and has enough space for several notebooks.
Besides this, you can jam in other stuff like an umbrella, a bottle, your purse and so on. There are three pockets inside for small items, but no exterior ones.
The downside of this model is the lack of a cup holder and a laptop/tablet sleeve, so your devices won’t be protected from scratches.
It’s made from nylon, so it is waterproof and quite durable, so we have no complaints regarding this.
- Large capacity(easily fits laptop, notebooks, purse)
- Durable and waterproof
- Very stylish design
- No cup holders or laptop sleeves
2. Texbo Men’s Laptop Leather Briefcase – Best Teacher Bag for Men
Guys, this one’s all for you! Ok, we guess girls can have it too, but it’s advertised as a “men’s” bag.
Nevertheless, Texbo’s leather laptop briefcase will do you a lot of good, but only if you let it. With that being said, read on to check out what this bag is all about.
Right off the bat, we’d like to say that we believe this product is a once-in-a-lifetime purchase. It is so good, versatile, and sturdy that it can last a teacher’s entire career.
It’s look is simple; some would even say rustic. The bag’s available in three colors – black, dark brown, and light brown – with all the elements being of the same color. This design makes it suitable for casual, hip, and formal outfits, which is perfect for most men!
The bag is very spacious, and it can fit a laptop of up to 16” in size. It has a secure compartment with a strap for laptops, two pouches for a phone or wallet, and a pocket with a zipper. You can carry it as a shoulder bag (with an adjustable and removable strap) or as a standard briefcase.
Texbo’s product has two drawbacks – the pretty high price and the dye, which tends to bleed into materials that it comes in contact with. If you don’t mind these, then definitely go for this bag!
- Sturdy and durable
- Classic, stylish leather look
- Includes a secure laptop compartment
- Dye tends to bleed
3. Chiceco Travel Work Tote Bag – Best Affordable Tote Bag
Yup, you guessed it; it’s another tote bag.
The model that we’re about to review comes from the highly-praised Chiceco, a brand gaining fame by the minute. If you are or you know a lady teacher who might like it, then don’t skip this review.
Perhaps the greatest thing about tote bags is how stylish they are. Seriously, it’s hard to go wrong with them, regardless of the clothing style you choose to wear. The bag is available in black, purple, and navy blue, with handles varying between brown, black, and grey.
Just like the first product on the list, this tote bag has one giant compartment to fit all of your belongings. The design comes in three sizes measured by the dimensions of the laptop that can fit inside it (14”, 15.6”, and 17”).
The main setback of Chiceco’s product is the lack of compartments that some other teacher bags have. Besides the main section and the two pouches in it, you won’t find any bottle holders or secure pockets. Also, the slimness of the handless may be a problem for some users who are used to wide straps.
A positive thing here is that the bag’s nylon/synthetic construction is waterproof and wrinkle-resistant, so it’ll always look sharp and keep the interior dry.
- Available in three sizes
- Stylish design
- Lack of compartments
- Handles may be too slim for some
4. AmazonBasics Laptop Computer Backpack – Best Teacher Backpack
AmazonBasics has created the academic’s go-to backpack. This baby not only looks good, but it’s got all that you’d want out of a teacher bag, and it costs mere pennies.
Don’t believe us? See for yourself!
Those who are prejudiced against backpacks should think twice before refusing to consider this product. This isn’t your average schoolboy backpack, but an intelligently designed model for professionals who don’t like lugging shoulder bags or briefcases.
Since it is optimized for carrying laptops, it’s only natural that it includes a padded sleeve for the portable computer. This means that the laptop will stay relatively safe in case of a drop or a hit, but we don’t suggest that you test it.
The main compartment can fit a 17” laptop and includes extra space for papers, folders, and notebooks. The product has one more large compartment, slightly smaller than the biggest one, as well as two little pockets. The latter are great for things like wallets, keys, cellphones, and other small items that you need to have.
In case you like to carry water with you, the two external pockets on the sides will allow you to do that.
Now, there have been some reports of durability issues, especially with users who carried a lot of weight. Also, it’s not waterproof, so don’t take it out in the rain.
- Roomy (fits a 17” laptop)
- It has a padded laptop compartment
- Includes water bottle pockets
- Not the most durable
- Not waterproof
5. Luxur Military Satchel Messenger Bag – Best Unisex Teacher Bag
Finally, here’s a little something for the laid-back, informal-looking teacher. Let’s face it, leather briefcases and totes aren’t for everyone, and if you want a different kind of bag, you must take a look at the Luxur military satchel messenger model.
We believe that this product is as informal as it gets regarding teacher bags. However, don’t assume that we’re dealing with a funny or childish item here, as that’s certainly not the case.
The size of the bag is 13.78 x 4.7 x 11.81 inches, so it’s not the biggest one out there, but it isn’t small either. It can hold a 16” laptop, and there remains enough room for books and similar items. Inside, you’ll also find a small zipper pocket for a phone or wallet.
The bag has four external pockets, and they give it its military feel. These pockets can be closed and are suitable for things like phones, small books, and even water bottles.
Luxur’s model is a shoulder bag, with no other straps or handles. It is made from heavy cotton canvas and leather straps, which are held together by sturdy bronze parts.
The main problems with this model are the informal look (if that’s even a problem), and the lack of waterproofness.
- Suitable for men and women
- Sturdy construction
- Plenty of pockets
- Not for professional settings
- Not waterproof
What Is A Teacher Bag?
The teacher bag is an umbrella term that encompasses different kinds of bags like backpacks and totes, but with the size and compartments that make them suitable for teachers.
This may sound a bit ambiguous, but bear with us, we’ll explain everything later on.
As we said, teachers have to carry tons of papers, books, or props from home to work and back, and these bags aim to make this task a bit easier and more organized.
See Also: The Best Fireproof Document Bag
What To Know Before Buying A Teacher Bag?
Here’s that we mentioned earlier; the part where we show you the difference between a teacher bag and a plain ol’ bag. This may sound like a marketing gimmick, but trust us, there’s much more to it.
With that being said, there are certain aspects that you ought to consider when setting out to buy one of these bags.
To find out what we’re talking about (and we recommend that you do), read the section below.
It’s not easy to keep your bag organized when you have to carry so many different things. Many complications can arise from this, and anyone who brings their lunch in the same bag as their work knows this.
Greasy paper alert!
- The solution is, of course, having multiple compartments and pockets. These features enable you to separate the things by category, so, for example, the books go in one compartment, and food goes into another.
Do you carry your laptop/tablet to work?
- If yes, then look for a sleeve for those items, as it will protect the devices from scratches, and provide them with impact resistance, if you (and you most certainly will) drop the bag.
Coffee drinkers will benefit from side pockets, perfect for fitting your favorite portable cup, thermos, or bottle in.
The possibilities are endless, and all you need to do is think about what kinds of items you keep in your bag and look for the compartments accordingly.
- As important as the compartments, there is the bag’s size. The most organized model in the world won’t help you if it’s not big enough to fit your things, so please think about the dimensions of the bag.
- We suggest you first to figure out what’s the largest object that you want to carry with you. Usually, it’s a laptop, sometimes even a blanket. Whatever it is, look for a bag that can hold it.
- Also, we recommend you not to go too big, unless you really want to, of course. Larger bags may cost more, and carrying them around half-empty is a waste of space.
3. Type Of Bag
- We already told you that teacher bags come in different varieties, including backpacks, tote bags, briefcases, shoulder bags, and so on. So, obviously, it’s up to you to decide which one will suit your needs the most.
The look and design of the bag matter a great deal. Besides being practical, you’ll want a bag that matches your favorite outfits, or the dress code at your workplace.
- For example, if your school requires both teachers and students to wear uniforms, then a backpack might not be the best choice for you. A briefcase or a shoulder bag would suit these circumstances much better.
- Also, think about the color. Neutral or dark colors are often found among teacher bags, and the reason for this is that they go well with pretty much any type of clothing.
We like to stick to the old formula of keeping things simple, and we advise you to try it out!
The material that your bag is made from ties into the design aspect, but there’s more to it.
- A person who wants a formal-looking bag will probably opt for leather, rather than polyester or nylon, and that’s ok. However, it’s important to know that leather isn’t the most durable option, especially when it comes to tote bags.
- Ok, now durability comes into play. If your primary concern is the sturdiness of the bag, then do check out options like nylon, polyester, and canvas.
- Do you live in a rainy region? No worries, nylon will keep your stuff dry even if you get caught in a downpour.
Think about the things we mentioned here, and then pick a model that suits your specific needs.
So, what do you say? Those bags are quite something, huh? We feel so too, and now we’d like to present our top three picks for today.
The gold medal goes to the Yaluxe Oxford tote bag (sorry guys). This product has almost everything that a teacher needs – spaciousness, style, waterproofness – and all of that for an incredibly low price.
The second place goes to, just as good, Texbo Men’s laptop briefcase. The classic look and the super-functional design are a combination that’s worth paying extra for.
Finally, Chiceco’s tote bag is another functional yet straightforward and trendy model for a chic lady teacher with a keen eye for style.
All in all, there’s something for everyone on our list, and we sure hope that you were able to pick a bag for you. Remember, teacher – you are appreciated!