Top 5 Best Snowboard Gloves 2021:
- Burton Men’s GORE-TEX Glove With Removable Touchscreen Liner
- Dakine Men’s Titan Ski Gloves
- Hestra Army Leather Heli Men’s and Women’s Ski Glove
- Gordini Men’s GTX Storm Trooper II Gloves
- Black Diamond Men’s Guide Gloves
Nothing is more exciting than winter escapades.
Well, for people like us who do prefer winter over summer.
Snow, ice, wind, even slush are things that make us happy.
Unfortunately, if the Gods are not on your side, you may experience heavy rain during your winter adventures. If you ever skied or ride a snowboard, you may know that it can be a bit inconvenient, especially if you do not have proper protective gear.
That is why, today, we took some time to talk more about the importance of having the best snowboard gloves. Your fingers are the most sensitive part of your body, and they require extra care during the harsh winter conditions on the mountain.
So without any doubt, we advise you to read our thorough discussion before hitting that buy button.
Related: The Best Snowmobile Gloves
5 Best Snowboard Gloves In 2021: Detailed Reviews
1. Dakine Men’s Titan Ski Gloves – Warm And Comfy
These gloves are lightweight and protective against the harsh winter elements, so that makes them one of the best snowboarding gloves on the market.
The gauntlet-style shell on this pair is waterproof and made from a blend of polyester, PVC, and polyurethane. The gloves have 100% polyester fibers and 100% polyester insulation to keep your hands extra warm.
Also, to ensure that the cold won’t reach your hands, this pair of gloves comes with a GORE-TEX insert with Gore Warm liners to enhance insulation. The liners are removable and optional to use, depending on the size of your hands. The inside of the Dakine titan glove is waterproof and breathable, so it helps to keep your hands dry if your body gets a little heated up.
The manufacturers provide a Rubbertec palm to ensure you a good firm grip on items regardless of the falling snow or rain, as well to prolong their life span considering that the palm area is heavily-worn one. They are meant to be hand-washed, so it is easy to maintain them.
What we loved about these gloves is an external waterproof zippered pocket where you can put a few essential small items like keys, or money. However, they do not work on a touch screen, but you can use the glove liners for this purpose.
- Extremely warm and waterproof
- Made from a combo of polyester, PVC, and polyurethane
- GORE-TEX insulation
- Easy to maintain
- External zippered pocket
- Do not work with touch screen
2. Burton Men’s GORE-TEX Glove With Removable Touchscreen Liner – Great For The People That Are All About Technology
If you are tired of constantly removing your gloves to operate your phone or iPad, you will love The Burton gloves. They will provide you with total control over the touch screen, thanks to the leather padding on every finger.
But this is not the main reason why we enlisted them on this list. First, The effective ThermacoreTM insulation will keep the chill away from your hands. Paired with fixed Brushed Microfiber lining, you will be warm as you ski or do any other activity during harsh mountain winter. What we don’t like is that the inside of the glove is not breathable enough, so your hands will get sweaty after some period of time, which is really annoying.
The removable stretch fleece liner dries quickly. Also, the gloves are very versatile since you can wear only the liner when shoveling and clearing the way, or shell alone during the springtime when it is not so cold outside.
If you are a passionate snowboarder, you will appreciate the ergonomic pre-curved fit; this feature makes this model much more comfortable and consistent. To keep the gloves in place and to make them fit you perfectly, there are convenient removable wrist leashes.
The gloves come padded with Sticky Icky palm to ensure a firm grip; also, there is a hidden vent pocket for storing keys and money.
- Total control of touch screen on every finger
- ThermacoreTM insulation
- Removable stretch fleece liner
- Removable wrist leashes
- Ergonomic fit
- Sticky Icky palm and vent pocket
- Hands will become sweaty after some time
3. Gordini Men’s GTX Storm Trooper II Gloves – Perfect Comfortable Fit
These Gordini gloves are versatile and can be used for any activity in the cold weather. Some people also find these gloves as very convenient protection while riding a motorcycle.
The gloves are made from nylon and spandex, so they are extremely comfortable, and with an ergonomic pre-curved fit, your hand will be protected perfectly. They come equipped with GORE-TEX liners so they are windproof and waterproof and will keep your hands dry during the use.
For insulation, manufacturers used the Hydrowick microdenier lining and Megaloft insulation. But the insulation is not suitable for harsh winter conditions. We do not recommend using these gloves in areas with extremely low temperatures since the insulation can’t provide enough warmth for your hands.
As a snowboarder, you know very well how removable liners can be very inconvenient on the snow. The lining in this pair is not removable, so you can be sure that coating will stay in place, regardless of the intensity. Also, they come with wrist tethers that prevent cold air from getting inside. To keep them close by your side, they come with a strap that is not removable.
Gloves must be hand washed in lukewarm water since they are prone to fading, but since they are made from nylon and spandex, they will dry quickly. The gloves are equipped with sticky grip fingers, but they will not work on touch screen devices.
- Waterproof and windproof
- Ergonomic pre-curved fit
- Hydrowick microdenier lining and Megaloft insulation
- GORE-TEX liners
- Sticky grip fingers
- Not warm enough for harsh mountain weather
- Color is prone to fading
4. Black Diamond Men’s Guide Gloves – High-Performance Gear
Black Diamond brand is very well known for making extremely durable gloves that are suitable for climbing, backcountry skiing, and winter mountain sports, so that is what makes their gloves stand apart.
The shell is mostly made from nylon and spandex to provide a perfect ergonomic fit. The GORE-TEX insulation is 100% waterproof and breathable. The Plus Warm Technology is used when making the removable liner. The liner features 170 grams PrimaLoft Gold and 100 grams boiled wool fleece palm lining to keep your hands warm when snowboarding or doing any other activity in cold weather.
These gloves are very sturdy, and they feel a bit stiff, so they require some time to break-in before they start feeling comfortable on your skin. To prevent cold air from getting in the gloves, manufacturers equipped this model with wrist tethers.
The palm patch and fingers are made from 100% goatskin lining for additional flexibility and a firm grip. But don’t worry, they don’t need to be weather treated before you wear them for the first time. Also, the knuckles are padded with foam to prevent injuries when falling. These gloves won’t allow you to use the touch screen.
Finally, since the gloves are abrasion-resistant, you can wash them in a washing machine without the risk of damaging them. The sizing can be a problem with this model from time to time, and these gloves are suitable only for adults.
- Made from nylon and spandex
- GORE-TEX insulation keeps hands dry
- The 100% goatskin palm patch
- Machine washable
- Ergonomic fit
- Suitable for adults only
- They need time to break-in
5. Hestra Army Leather Heli Men’s and Women’s Ski Glove – Durable And Warm Companion In The Mountain
Hestra is one of the most reliable brands of gloves in the industry. We seriously love the lobster design of the gloves that keep three fingers in a single pocket while the index finger and thumb have their own pockets. This enhances warmth and dexterity.
The gloves are made from Breathable Hestar Triton 3-Layer polyamide, so they are both water-resistant and windproof, considering this material allows sufficient airflow when snowboarding or doing other activities. This also makes them rigid, so they might not be suitable for activities that require maximum flexibility.
It comes with a removable polyester lining and Fiberfill insulation to help you cope with the unfavorable mountain weather. The polyester lining is surprisingly breathable, so your hands will stay warm and dry all the time. The Army Goat Leather is used for padding the palms and fingers, so the gloves allow firm and steady grip. The padding will also protect your knuckles during the impact with the ground
The Velcro closure firmly locks the gloves in place, so there is neither risk of falling off from the hand nor risk of cold air getting inside. However, you will need to take the gloves off to do anything, considering that they are rigid. To maintain the gloves is pretty straightforward; just wash them by hand.
The gloves are unisex, so sizing can be a problem, but keeping in mind that liners are removable and replaceable, this allows you to customize the gloves according to your hand size.
- Made from Breathable Hestar Triton 3-Layer polyamide
- Unisex model
- Great insulation
- Army goat leather padding
- Removable interior lining
- Not flexible
- Problem with sizing
The Best Snowboard Gloves Buying Guide
The snowboard glove must have certain qualities to be ranked as the good ones. The main purpose is the ultimate protection in harsh weather conditions, so you must be very careful when trying to find the best pair for yourself.
Here are some of the factors to keep your eye on when purchasing the best snowboard gloves.
- This is the vital feature of a good snow glove. The thick insulation, no matter if it’s made from natural or synthetic material, will help your hand stay dry and warm, making you feel more comfortable and secure.
- The perfect fit is a must! If the glove doesn’t fit you correctly, it will not provide you with comfort, flexibility, nor warmth. That is why there are so many different sizes, and designs since everyone’s hands are shaped a bit differently. A snug fit will also contribute to breathability, and we all know how sweaty palms can be a problem.
- Having waterproof gloves at the mountain is crucial. Heavy snow, ice, and god forbid rain leads to wet hands; wet hands lead to cold hands; include a bit of wind there, and cold hands lead to endless suffering. We think that is more than enough reason to make sure you buy waterproof gloves.
4. Shell Material
- Typically all snow gloves are crafted from leather or synthetics (or a combination of the two). Leather is a traditional material for glove construction; usually, manufacturers will use cowhide or goatskin that is naturally water-resistant.
- Synthetic materials, on the other hand, come in a wide range of prices and quality levels. Thye synthetic gloves come in two types: the ones with hard-shell or the ones with soft-shell. Therefore if you are on a budget, there are some great options in this category.
5. Palm Material
- The patches on palms and fingers allow you a better grip. Mostly goatskin leather is used for crafting them. The best snowboarding gloves will always come with goat leather patches, although they require additional maintaining.
- Don’t forget that the goat leather needs to be waterproofed with products like wax to provide flexibility and to prolong life span. There are models equipped with palm patches made from synthetics like Rubbertec.
- Do not even think about purchasing gloves without a glove liner. The good and quality glove liner is there to prevent gloves absorbing the moisture from your hands. This way, your glove stays in perfect condition keeping warmth well balanced inside the glove.
- When we talk about durability, probably the most durable is the leather gloves. Of course, as long as you take good care of them and coat them in a waterproofing wax. Naturally, leather gloves are quite expensive, so if you don’t plan to go skiing or boarding ever so often, there is no need to spend so much money on them. For occasional use, the good synthetic waterproof gloves will be just fine.
8. Other Features
- There are a lot of special features that you can find in snowboarding gloves. First and mainly most important is the ability to operate the smartphone with the gloves on, some higher range models come with sensitive patches on the fingers that allow you to operate the touch screen.
- Did you know that there are heated ski gloves that are operated by battery, and you can control the heat level with your smartphone? Neither did we but be prepared to spend some insane amount of money if you want to own them.
- Usually, you will find things like exterior zippered pockets for storing money and keys, cuff closure systems, wrist loops, even the nose wipes are just some of the examples of how creative the manufacturers can be.
For an exciting snowboarding adventure in the mountains, protective gear is vital. How can you have a great time if you are freezing, and all you can think about is the warmth of your bed and a hot cup of tea? Well, you can’t, but to prevent that, we advise you to acquire the warmest pair of snowboarding gloves that you can find and relax. Let’s take a quick recap of our list.
Best Overall Value: Burton Men’s GORE-TEX Glove With Removable Touchscreen Liner
- These gloves are one of our favorite gloves for snowboarding out there. They are incredibly warm thanks to the ThermacoreTM insulation and GORE-TEX. The removable Thermax liner is not the best in keeping your hand dry, so it might happen that moisture from the hands reaches the gloves, but if you do not plan to spend all day out in the snow, there is no need to worry about that. Also, these gloves are seriously affordable, considering that they come with a touchscreen control feature.
Best Budget Option: Dakine Men’s Titan Ski Gloves
- These gloves are undoubtedly the best snowboarding gloves for the money. The synthetic shell with water resistance will keep your hands well-protected. Equipped with Rubbertec palm and finger patch, cuff closure with gauntlet design will make a great choice for a beginner or someone who is on a strict budget.
Premium Pick: Hestra Army Leather Heli Men’s and Women’s Ski Glove
- Best snowboarding gloves, you ask? Well, you are looking at them. These unisex army leather reinforced palm and fingers gloves with a lobster design will offer a supreme grip and good flexibility. Equipped with Velcro closure ensures your gloves stay dry and warm all day. They might cost more than you want to spend, but if you do, you can be sure they will serve you for years to come.