Top 5 Best Ring Slings 2020:
- Nalakai Luxury Ring Sling Baby Carrier
- Lite-on-Shoulder Baby Sling
- 4 in 1 Baby Wrap Carrier and Ring Sling by Kids N’ Such
- Baby Slings by ION & MAY Natural Collection
- Hip Baby Wrap Ring Sling Baby Carrier for Infants and Toddlers
Is there anything better than being able to carry your baby close to your body without any unnecessary strain or pain?
There are many kinds of baby carriers you can try but we believe that ring slings are one of the best. They are easy to use, lightweight, fully adjustable and comfortable for both mom and baby.
It is well known that carrying and cuddling your little one will help with their development. In a ring sling, your baby will be able to feel the warmth of your body and hear your heartbeat. This will make them feel safe and protected and you will be free to do other things knowing your baby is happy, comfortable and close to you.
All this makes ring slings a popular choice for baby carrying and there are so many of them available on the market.
To help you find the right one, we’ve made this list of the best ring slings! So, if you’re interested in finding out more, keep on reading!
5 Best Ring Slings In 2020: Detailed Reviews
1. Nalakai Luxury Ring Sling Baby Carrier – Best Overall
Nalakai Luxury Ring Sling is undoubtedly one of the best ring slings on the market. It is lightweight, strong and the fabric feels luxurious against your skin.
The material used to make this ring sling is an eco-friendly blend of bamboo and linen from Costa Rica. This fabric is extremely soft, perfect for your baby’s sensitive skin.
Nalakai made this ring sling to be one-size-fits-all since the fabric is seven feet long and there is enough material to fit from slim to plus-size people. This also means that this is a perfect ring sling for breastfeeding since the extra fabric can give you some privacy if you’re in a public space. You can even breastfeed hands-free if you put the baby in the right position!
The eco-friendly bamboo and linen mix is naturally breathable which means it will help regulate the baby’s temperature. You’ll love wearing this ring sling during summer because it will keep your baby cool and comfortable and it stops you from overheating too!
The rings are made of solid aluminum, a high-quality, strong material that makes sure the baby is always securely in place no matter what position you use.
Another amazing thing about Nalakai ring sling is that it’s not only good for the environment and your baby, but it also helps support other moms and babies. The manufacturer donates money from every purchase to low-income families in Costa Rica!
- Soft, breathable, eco-friendly fabric
- Fits all sizes
- Strong aluminum rings
- Perfect for breastfeeding
- The soft material wrinkles easily
2. 4 in 1 Baby Wrap Carrier and Ring Sling by Kids N’ Such – Offers Best Versatility
Kids N’ Such designed this ring sling with the idea to make it as multipurpose as it can be. You can use it as a wrap sling, a ring sling, a postpartum tummy wrap or a nursing cover! If you cannot decide what kind of a baby carrier to get, you can’t go wrong with this one!
The fabric used to make the ring sling is a cotton blend with a 5 percent spandex that gives it a small amount of stretch. Overall, the material is soft and breathable, and both your baby and you will feel comfortable. The sturdy metal rings will make sure that your baby is always securely in place.
This ring sling is fully adjustable for anyone to carry it. Thanks to the small percentage of spandex in the material blend, both men and women of all shapes and sizes will have no trouble fitting it perfectly.
The cotton blend and the neutral grey color make the washing process really easy. You can just throw it in the washing machine and it will be perfectly clean.
You can use Kids N’ Such ring sling to carry babies who weigh from 8 to 35 pounds, but keep in mind that it is not recommended to carry them on your back due to the stretch in the fabric.
- Offers amazing versatility
- Can carry babies of any size and weight
- Fits people of all sizes and shapes
- The soft material is easily washed
- Not suitable for back carrying
3. Baby Slings by ION & MAY Natural Collection – Perfect for Hot Summer Days
If you wish to carry your baby safely and close to you during hot summer days, but you’re worried about sweat and comfort, then this ION & MAY baby sling is a perfect choice for you!
ION & MAY created this ring sling by using extremely breathable and comfortable materials. The super-soft fabric is made of 100 percent natural bamboo. It has three gauze-like layers and it will keep you and your baby dry and comfortable even during hot summer months. The rings are made of aluminum, which means your baby can safely rest in it.
The manufacturer knows that carrying a baby so close to your body can be a sweaty business, so they cleverly gave this ring sling antimicrobial properties. The sling has micro gaps that absorb moisture and provide ventilation. You can be sure that you and your baby will stay cool and fresh!
This ring sling will fit all body types and sizes since the fabric measures 78.7 inches long by 2 inches wide. It will also be able to support a baby weighing up to 30 pounds.
You can also breastfeed your baby in this ring sling and the long fabric will provide you some privacy. The closeness that the ring sling offers will help the baby connect with you and you can move around freely knowing they are safe and close to you.
- Extremely breathable 100 percent bamboo fabric
- Antimicrobial properties keep your baby cool and fresh
- Strong metal rings for safety
- Fabric doesn’t slide easily through the rings
4. Lite-on-Shoulder Baby Sling – Budget-Friendly Option
Although most ring slings are not very expensive, this one is definitely among the most affordable ones.
Lite-on-Shoulder baby sling has a curved design that forms a pouch for holding your baby. This gives it enough support to hold your baby securely in place even when they are asleep. If your baby sleeps only when being carried or cuddled, this ring sling is a good choice for you. It will keep the baby’s body and head in a correct position and your hands will be free to do other things while the baby is safely sleeping.
It is also very easy to adjust the ring sling and put it on quickly in case your baby has already snoozed off before being put in it.
The material used to make this ring sling is 100 percent cotton with a light padding in the shoulder and along the rails that protects the baby’s legs and makes a more comfortable experience for you.
Although the rings are made of a cast copper and zinc alloy, they have no welding. No welding reduces the chances of weak spots that affect the security and sturdiness of the whole sling. This means that it is a good sling that will always keep your baby safely positioned.
The fabric is 65 inches long and it can carry babies who weigh up to 35 pounds.
- Curved pouch for baby’s safety and comfort
- The baby can sleep safely
- Padded shoulder and rails for mom’s comfort
- Doesn’t fit people of all sizes and shapes
5. Hip Baby Wrap Ring Sling Baby Carrier for Infants and Toddlers – The Best for Carrying Toddlers
Carrying a toddler can be tiring and a good ring sling will lighten the load and make the whole experience easier and more comfortable for you and your child. Just make sure that there is enough fabric to support your toddler.
This ring sling by Hip Baby is perfect for carrying both infants and toddlers. The fabric is 78 inches long and it can carry babies weighing up to 35 pounds!
It was made with 100 percent hand-loomed cotton. It comes in many beautiful designs and colors, from pastels to bright shades. All of them are fairtrade and handwoven in India with eco-friendly and non-toxic dyes. The fabric is also very durable and breathable which means it will make your baby feel comfortable and safe.
Hip Baby ring sling also has two strong aluminum rings and it can be easily adjusted for carrying tummy to tummy, on your hip or on your back. The ergonomic design of the sling helps distribute the baby’s weight evenly across your body relieving your shoulders and hands from unnecessary pain.
Overall, it is a lightweight but sturdy sling that will cover all your needs, from breastfeeding your infant to carrying your toddler. It comes at a reasonable price and the amazing range of colors and designs makes it is a stylish and fashionable attire.
- Made of 100 percent cotton
- The material is breathable and durable
- The long fabric is perfect for carrying toddlers
- Comes in many colors and designs
- Quality of the fabric can vary between colors
Why You Should Buy A Ring Sling
There are many kinds of baby carriers, but we believe that the ring sling tops every one of them. A ring slip is quite similar to a baby wrap, but it’s simpler to use. Thanks to the rings that are attached to the fabric, the ring sling doesn’t require any complicated wrapping and it is always securely in place across your shoulder.
A ring sling is made of one long piece of fabric and two rings. The fabric goes through the rings to make a secure pouch for your baby without any buckles or ties. It is supposed to be worn across your torso and it’s supported by one shoulder to keep the baby close to your body. Your child will be able to feel your body warmth and hear your heartbeat, which is extremely soothing.
Another great thing about ring slings is that most of them are unisex and one size fits all. This is useful because it means that you need to buy only one ring sling and you can share it with your family members.
On top of all this, you’ll be able to use a ring sling for many years. You can carry your baby in it from the newborn stage to toddlerhood. Both a newborn baby and a toddler can be carried in a classic ring sling hip carry position.
And don’t worry, we didn’t forget about twins! If you have not one, but two precious little babies, you will also be able to carry them in a ring sling, but you should use two of them – one ring sling over each shoulder.
We don’t have to tell you about the benefits of breastfeeding, and with ring slings, you’ll be able to do it easily and comfortably!
One concern some women have is whether a ring sling is safe to use after a C-section. Generally speaking, this should not be a problem since the sling holds the baby well above your scar and it won’t harm it by putting additional pressure on it. However, it’s always better to be completely safe so, in case you’ve had a C-section, we recommend that you consult your doctor before you get a ring sling.
How To Use A Ring Sling
It is quite simple to use ring slings, but don’t get discouraged if you don’t get it right the first time. It usually takes a few attempts to fit it perfectly, but once you manage to do it, you’ll be very happy. Here are some tips and tricks that can help you if you’ve never tried using a ring sling before.
Make sure to put your baby in a position that resembles where they would be in your arms. Your baby should be snug and secure and their bottom should be around where your belly button is. It is very important that the ring sling fits you tightly so your baby won’t swing. The baby should always be in an upright position unless you’re nursing.
Another thing to look out for is the snugness of the rails. The top rail is supposed to sit comfortably behind the baby’s back. While toddlers like to have their arms swinging, infants’ arms should be tucked in. the same goes for the bottom rail. Your baby’s legs should not be dangling. Tuck the lower rail under their bottom, up to the knees and then secure it. Once it is secure, fan out the material across the baby’s back.
When your baby is safely snugged, wrap the tail around the rings. It provides padding for the baby’s head and keeps excess fabric away.
Things To Consider Before You Buy A Ring Sling
There aren’t many factors to think about before you choose a ring sling and the two most important ones are the material of the fabric and the material used to make the rings. These are crucial elements of a good and safe ring sling.
1. Fabric Material
- An ideal fabric for a ring sling would be the one that is breathable and strong, and it will be able to keep the baby cool in summer and warm in winter.
- The best materials for a ring sling are natural fabrics like cotton, linen, and bamboo. They can be easily adjusted and they won’t slip through the rings.
- Stretch fabric is not the best choice for a ring sling since it will not hold your baby safely. After stretch fabric, silk is also on the list of worst materials for a ring slinger because the baby can slide through easily.
2. Ring Material
- The most common materials for rings are nylon and aluminum. You should avoid materials like plastic. It is the most fragile one and the most likely to become brittle and break which makes it not suitable for a safe ring sling.
- Nylon and aluminum are both very strong materials. Keep in mind that aluminum rings could have a weak spot if they have a join from welding them closed.
- When it comes to aesthetics, aluminum is probably the most pleasing one visually, but it all depends on your personal taste and what appearance you like better.
Final Thoughts And Recommendations
It is proven that using a ring sling will help with your baby’s development since the closeness it provides will help you connect, and the warmth of your body will make the baby feel safe and protected.
There are many choices available on the market, so believe us when we say this wasn’t an easy task. After carefully choosing and testing a lot of ring slings, we can say with confidence that these are our top choices.
Best Overall: Nalakai Luxury Ring Sling Baby Carrier
- Nalakai ring sling is made of extremely soft and breathable natural, eco-friendly blend of bamboo and linen. It can be adjusted to fit people of all sizes and shapes, and it is perfect for breastfeeding. Overall, this is an amazing choice that will not disappoint you!
Best Budget-Friendly: Lite-on-Shoulder Baby Sling
- Made of 100 percent cotton, this soft and breathable ring sling was made to have a curved design, which is amazing if your baby likes to be carried when they sleep since it will keep the body in a safe and correct position. And, it’s very budget-friendly!
Best Multipurpose Option: 4 in 1 Baby Wrap Carrier and Ring Sling by Kids N’ Such
- When it comes to versatility, there is no better choice than this 4 in 1 baby carrier by Kids N’ Such. it can be used as a wrap sling, ring sling, post-partum tummy wrap or a nursing cover. It carries babies of all sizes and weights and the fabric used to make it is soft and breathable for ultimate comfort!