Top 5 Best Inflatable Loungers 2022:
- Chillbo Shwaggins Inflatable Couch
- Mockins 2 Pack Inflatable Lounger
- Intex Ultra Daybed Inflatable Lounger
- WEKAPO Inflatable Lounger
- AlphaBeing Inflatable Lounger
Summer is almost here people, and we must get ready for it.
Let’s be honest; something about basking in the sun makes us all feel blissful.
Even now, when we just think about lounging beside the pool or even better inside the pool, we feel waves of pure happiness that words can’t describe.
So why compromise your comfort when using the beach towel for lounging beside the pool when you can do so much better. Our recommendation is to consider purchasing an inflatable lounger.
To learn what makes the best inflatable lounger on the market, read our comprehensive roundup, and order your favorite model today.
So let’s start this party!
See Also: The Best Cornhole Bags
5 Best Inflatable Loungers In 2022: Detailed Reviews
1. WEKAPO Inflatable Lounger – It Is All About The Family
If you spend a lot of your free time camping or lounging on the beach, you surely need a lounger that features simple design and portability.
This model is double-layered and crafted from durable 210T ripstop polyester that is water-resistant. The manufacturers claim that the inner layer will make sure you don’t need to reinflate your lounger for up to six hours, which we would consider as an advantage if this was true. Unfortunately, you can expect this lounger to hold for a maximum of 3 to 4 hours if you are lucky.
The holding capacity is enormous – from 550 lbs to 650 lbs, which is more than enough for holding several adults while sitting. On the other hand, one person can comfortably stretch out on it since it is 7 feet long. For additional comfort, the headrest is shaped like a pillow and will give you excellent head support.
This model is pump-free, and we guarantee you this product can be easily and quickly inflated if weather conditions serve you well. Why do we say this?
Well, unfortunately, if there is not enough wind inflating a lounger can be a task from hell. And there is no way to use a pump with this model.
On both sides of the lounger, you will find convenient pockets. One is large enough for holding books, magazines, flip flops, or a tablet. The other pocket is smaller and suitable for small accessories. The portability is great thanks to the carrying bag and no more than 2 lbs of weight when deflated.
- Durable and comfortable
- Great holding capacity
- Easily and quickly inflated
- Inflation time is poor
- Harder to inflate if there is no wind
2. Chillbo Shwaggins Inflatable Couch – Colorful And Artsy
Let’s for starters take a minute to praise the creativity of whoever comes out with the idea for a brand name. We love it!
Chillbo Shwaggins lounger is made from durable ripstop nylon, and it is double-layered so you can expect it to hold the air for at least 4 hours. Also, you will be happy to hear that the outer layer of the material is water-resistant so that you can use it in the water as well.
This lounger features a hammock design, so it is designed for people who will rather use it to lay in it than sitting in it. The capacity of this lounger is 440 lbs, so it can comfortably fit two small or medium-sized people sitting on it since it is 7 feet long.
What we loved the most about this product is the inflation mechanism. If it is done properly, you will inflate your lounger in no more than 30 seconds with just two big scoops of air. Of course, you must expect to have a bit of a struggle with this type of inflating until you get used to it or if the weather is not windy enough.
If you want to use this lounger inside, you will be disappointed to find out there is no option for inflating this lounger with a manual pump. This model comes in a carrying bag for easier transportation, but there is not even one pocket included in lounger design, which can be annoying if you like to keep all your belongings close.
- Crafted from double-layered ripstop nylon
- It only takes 30 seconds to inflate
- Hard to inflate if there is no wind
- No pockets
3. Mockins 2 Pack Inflatable Lounger – Biggest Bang For The Buck
Not only that these loungers come in cheerful summer colors, they are also very affordable since you get the two loungers for the price of one. What’s not to like about that deal?
Manufacturers used high-quality ripstop nylon for crafting this lounger. You can use it in the water, since the ripstop is water-resistant. After you inflate the lounger, you can expect it to stay like that for approximately three hours, which is not impressive, but it is not a deal-breaker.
The holding capacity is lower than in other models, and it can hold only 300 lbs, so it is suitable for one adult per time to avoid the risk of deflating. You can use it for sitting in it or laying in it since it is 7 ft long. But you might consider carrying a little pillow with you when using this lounger because it does not come with a headrest.
We must tell you that you will need a bit more time to inflate this lounger.
Usually, for most models, two scoops of air are enough to inflate the lounger fully. On the other hand, Mockins lounger will need four or even five scoops of air, but that should not be a problem if it’s windy outside. To keep the lounger in the place, the lounger is equipped with a safety peg.
This model comes with three different sizes of pockets, large, medium, and small. You can easily fit all your beach essentials in them. The lounger comes with a matching carrying bag for more comfortable carrying.
- Durable and comfortable
- Three different pockets
- Lightweight and portable
- No headrest
- Inflate time is lower than with other models
4. AlphaBeing Inflatable Lounger – Ideal For Hanging Around Pool
This is by far one of the most affordable loungers on the market since you will get a great value for the price.
Just like all other models, this one is also made from ripstop material that is durable enough to withstand outdoor use, weather conditions, and it is water-resistant, allowing you to use the lounger as a float.
The AlphaBeing is a double-layered lounger, but what makes them different from others is their anti-deflating technology. This lounger will stay inflated for around 7 hours, which is an improvement compared to other models.
When you feel lazy, and all you want to do is lay around basking in the sun, you can count on this lounger since the length of this lounger is 7 ft. Holding capacity is 500 lbs, so it can withstand two adults without risk of deflating.
Inflating should not be a problem if there is enough wind; all you need is two large scoops of air, and your lounger can be set up in under a minute. To make sure your lounger stays in place, this model comes with a peg and a safety anchor loop.
This lounger is all about convenience and comfort.
The headrest on this model features an ergonomic V-shape design that will provide you more support. You can be sure that all the essentials are in your arms reach thanks to the two different size pockets and a bottle holder. But that is not all; this lounger comes with a bottle opener, so it is great for BBQ parties as well.
- Durable and comfortable
- Improved inflation time
- Excellent holding capacity
- Great additional features
- Hard to inflate if there is not enough wind
5. Intex Ultra Daybed Inflatable Lounger – Perfect For Lounging In Pair
We do believe that all of you heard and used Intex products before like floats, toys for pools, or airbeds.
This model is made from durable vinyl material, and it is suitable for both indoor and outdoor use. The heavy-duty laminated base is thick and will endure everyday use even on the sharpest rocks. You will find a soft flocking on the top of this lounger, which makes this model great for sleeping on it as well as for using it in the water.
This lounger is spacious enough to fit comfortably two adults lying or three or four people sitting on it. Although, we recommend this to be used for sleeping only for those users that are less than six feet tall. The holding capacity is 550 lbs, so you don’t need to worry about deflating if you use it for sleeping.
To inflate this lounger, you will need an electric pump. Don’t even think about using a manual pump; it will take too much time. Also, the pump does not come included in the package. We consider that as a major flaw since this lounger is already pricey and on top of that, you will need to spend some extra money to buy the pump.
From additional features, this daybed comes with a water chamber, two cup holders, and a detachable headrest. The water chamber will contribute to the stability and will ensure it can’t get blown away when it is windy outside.
- Great holding capacity
- Can be used indoors and outdoors
- Quick inflating time
- The pump is not included in the package
Factors To Consider When Buying An Inflatable Lounger
If you decided to invest money in an inflatable lounger, you must make sure it is a high-quality product, or you will waste your money. The low-quality lounger will deflate quickly under the pressure of your body; it is prone to punctures and ruptures, and all that will make lounging impossible.
Understanding what makes a great inflatable lounger will significantly help you choose the right model for your needs. That is why here we will focus on the most important features you must take into consideration before the final purchase.
- A good and quality inflatable lounger should be made from polyester or even better ripstop nylon designed to prevent tears and punctures. Another crucial thing to consider is the thickness of material that will additionally enhance the durability of your lounger.
- Sometimes the lounger can be double-layered, which is excellent because, in this case, the inner layer holds air, and the outer layer provides durability. Make sure you consider stitching as well since they will prevent air leaking out.
2. Weight Capacity
- Usually, weight capacity is in rage from 400 pounds to 450 pounds (enough for 2-3 people), but of course, some loungers can obtain even 650 pounds. So before you even start looking for a lounger, make sure you are aware of how many people will be using it.
- Do you need it for just one person at the time, or you will need a larger one that can fit two adults or maybe one adult and two kids.
- This depends on whether you need enough room to stretch out completely or you need your lounger to be long enough to fit two or three persons sitting comfortably. Mostly inflatable loungers are measuring 6 ft or 7 ft, but of course, there are some other sizes available.
- The size is essential for storing and portability. Look for the ones that come in storage bags since they never took more than 1 ½ ft. of free space and weigh less than 3 pounds, so they are easy to transport.
4. Inflation Time And Mechanism
- You can find a perfect lounger that will fit in your requirements perfectly, but if it takes too much time and effort to inflate it, then there is no point in buying one you can stick to the beach towel as well. Some loungers must be blown up manually (we do not recommend these); some require a pump, which can be problematic if you want to carry the lounger with you.
- That is where the new innovative design comes in handy – a hammock style inflatable lounger that can be inflated by scooping air around you. All you need is a little bit of wind, two hands, and voila in no time your lounger is ready.
- Also, a very important feature is how long the lounger can stay inflated. Usually, most models can hold up to 3-5 hours before they need to be reinflated, and those models are great for beach trips. Some models can hold up to 10 hours, and they are more suitable if you tend to use it as a bed while camping.
5. Water Resistance
- Water-resistance is not obligatory for loungers, but of course, it is a big plus. When you invest the money in products, of course, you expect them to be versatile.
- Most people buy loungers to use them around the pool, inside the pool, and on the beach, so water resistance is something you should be looking for. Find models that feature the outer layer treated with a solution that makes your lounger water-resistant.
6. Additional Features
- In this category, we include features that will enhance comfort and convenience. For instance, a neck pillow can come in handy; make sure you avoid models that come with a separate neck pillow, or you risk losing it.
- Also, models that come with a side pocket are very convenient for holding your belongings like water, a mobile phone, sunglasses, magazines, and more.
Long Story Short
When it comes down to making a decision, we always have a hard time. All the models that we mentioned above deserve your attention, depending on what you require. In the end, the decision is only yours, and we can guarantee you, you won’t be at a loss with either of these inflatable loungers.
Best Overall Value: Chillbo Shwaggins Inflatable Couch
- We found that Chillbo Shwaggins will be the best overall investment. We loved that it comes in a variety of unique and bold colors so we can guarantee that everyone can find the design that will visually please them the most. It might lack a pocket or two, but in the end, that is not something that makes inflatable loungers great.
Best Budget Option: Mockins 2 Pack Inflatable Lounger
- We will just say two loungers for the price of one. If that is not enough to make this product a winner of the best budget option category, then we are clueless. Aside from that, this lounger is really durable, comfortable, and will make a great addition to your beach equipment.
Premium Pick: Intex Ultra Daybed Inflatable Lounger
- If you want a more luxurious type of lounger, than this model screams for your attention. The color, the design, the material, comfortability, everything about it will live you speechless. And on top of all, it is safe to be used as a bed if you want it.