Top 5 Best Neck Knives 2020:
- KA-BAR TDI Law Enforcement Knife Fixed Blade
- CRKT S.P.E.W. EDC Fixed Blade Neck Knife
- Ka-Bar BK11 Becker Necker Neck Knife
- SOG Small Fixed Blade Neck Knife
- Boker 02SC743 Magnum Lil Friend Micro Neck Knife
Do you fancy a bad boy look?
Were you looking for some sharp fashion accessory?
Do you like the vibe that carrying a neck knife gives you?
Now enough with the joking around. Let’s get serious. There are many reasons why you should consider purchasing a neck knife. They are useful if you like to test your survival abilities deep in the wilderness. Also, if you want a nifty little tool to help you open up your packages and mails.
So now you must be wondering how you can be sure that the model you choose is the best neck knife at the moment. Honestly, you can’t. But if you are willing to read our buying guide and popular products roundup, we guarantee you that after reading it, you will be able to make a difference between a good one and the one that sucks for real.
5 Best Neck Knives In 2020: Detailed Reviews
1. Ka-Bar BK11 Becker Necker Neck Knife – Excellent Bushcraft Knife
Ka-Bar is a brand well known for its use in the military and service sectors, so if you are a survivalist or a collector, this piece should be in your possession.
The Becker Necker is made from sturdy 1095 Cro-Van steel, which guarantees both quality and durability. Since it is lightweight and compact, it is the perfect addition to your survival kit.
To be sure your knife is protected, it comes with an injection-molded, black plastic glass-filled nylon sheath. Some users may occur troubles while pulling the knife out of the sheath. Also, the sheath is made that way that ii will allow you an easy on-and-off mounting to a belt, on a tactical vest, or in a boot.
The main point of the neck knife is to carry it around your neck, of course comfortably, so this model is equipped with some high quality 550 paracords. The handle is ergonomic, but it is a bit smaller than we would like. People with larger hands will have trouble using the knife, which will make their experience with this knife uncomfortable.
The Becker Necker is a quality knife that will stay sharp even after performing tasks like making feather sticks, splitting wood for kindling, and more. If you are looking for a solid blade and you don’t ask how much it will cost you, we will recommend this model.
- Versatile and lightweight
- Sharp and sturdy
- Made from Cro-Van 1095
- Ergonomic handle
- The handle is not suitable for people with large hands
- Sometimes it is hard to pull the knife out of the sheath
2. SOG Small Fixed Blade Neck Knife – The Superlative Blade
If you are a fan of unusual designs, you will love this minimalistic model. This is a compact fixed blade tactical knife great for hunting, EDC, and can be used as a neck knife with sheath. It measures 4.3 inches in total length.
It features a 9Cr13MoV stainless steel construction and satin finish. This knife is equipped with a fantastic blade and impressive edge retention. We like the fact that it is very thick and solid. It is one of the strongest neck knives on the market.
First, let’s clear one thing: this knife is not suitable for people with large hands and thick fingers, sorry. If you are not in that group of people, you will find this knife very convenient.
The handle has two-finger rings and an indentation for a third, the design reminds us of brass knuckles.
This comes in handy since it is impossible to lose this knife if you ever find yourself in a defensive situation. It also allows you better control and ease of use when you are whittling or slicing.
The molded nylon sheath protects the blade well and allows you to carry it anywhere, simply secure it with the 14” black steel neck knife chain that comes with it, and you are good to go. It also comes with a plastic belt clip, but we do not recommend you to use it since it is rather fragile and prone to breaking.
- Made from 9Cr13MoV stainless steel
- Features satin finish
- Versatile and sturdy
- Comes with sheath, chain, and a belt clip
- Not suitable for people with thick fingers and large hands
- The belt clip is made from plastic
3. CRKT S.P.E.W. EDC Fixed Blade Neck Knife – A Must Have For Every True Collector
The S.P.E.W. (Small Pocket Everyday Wharncliffe) is created by Alan Folts, a designer with 20 years of experience that has an idea of introducing knives as tools. For us, this is more than enough to figure out we are getting in for a treat.
The CKRT Folts S.P.E.W. is made of 5Cr15MoV stainless steel. We can guarantee you will get a durable Wharncliffe-style blade with a bead blast finish that is small and light. This is crucial if you are planning to carry it with you every day.
What we really loved is the possibility of extending the handle if needed. You can do that thanks to the fob on it to ensure a better grip and make it much more comfortable to hold. What we didn’t like are the handle scale screws that are glued in. If you try removing them, you will risk damaging the handle.
With this knife, you will be able to perform all types of cutting tasks with this bad boy. Also, you can count that this knife will rip through almost anything you have in mind. The sheath is made from glass-reinforced nylon and will protect the blade just fine. On top of the sheath, you will find a paracord, and at the end of the handle, you will find a belt loop.
The Folts S.P.E.W. is one of the top neck knives you will find, especially at this price range.
- Great price
- Durable stainless steel blade
- The bead blast finish
- The handle can be extended
- Comes with sheath, paracord, and a belt loop
- The handle screws are glued in
4. KA-BAR TDI Law Enforcement Knife Fixed Blade – Great For Self-Defense
This is one of the most popular models on the market nowadays, and it deserves your full attention for sure. If you are a passionate collector, this is something you must have as soon as possible.
This knife is made from AUS 8A steel, which is a very common material in the world of small knives. It is strong, very easy to maintain, and sharp as hell. We must add that this metal is immune to corrosion, and it maintains sharpness longer than any other knife available on the market.
Now let’s talk about that curvy blade.
We believe it is one of the most practical blades ever. Thanks to its curved design and amazing sharpness, you will be able to open a box or cut through anything with ease like you never experienced before. Also, the knife is advertised as a self-defense weapon. In case you need to defend yourself, there is no better companion than this.
Of course, because of the unusual design, you will need some time to get used to it.
The handle is large compared to other models, and it is very comfortable to use this knife no matter how large your hands are. The sheath is made from glass-reinforced nylon, and it is designed to be mounted on the belt rather than wearing it around the neck. Unfortunately, the clip on the holster is terrible and will need to be replaced very soon.
- Unique design
- Made from AUS 8A steel
- Sharp and durable
- Comes with a sheath
- Suitable for belt more than to be worn around the neck
- The belt clip is low quality
5. Boker 02SC743 Magnum Lil Friend Micro Neck Knife – Nifty Little Knife
With its compact size and lightweight, this knife is just the thing you were looking for. It is great for everyday use and carrying since it can be carried just about anywhere, around your neck, on your belt, or in your pocket.
The Boker 02SC743 features a sharp little blade made from a 440 stainless steel. It is incredibly tiny and lightweight; therefore, it is a perfect choice for a utility knife. Keep in mind that the tip is blunt. Anyhow it will perform very well in almost any task you want it too except defense. As a defensive knife, this little fellow will be more than disappointing.
It comes with a G-10 ergonomic handle with fairly good grip and comfort, of course, if you have small or normal size hands. If you paid attention to the full name of this knife, you would have seen it is written micro, so bad news for all of you who have large hands. If you purchase this knife, get ready to be annoyed since this little thingy thing will get lost in them.
The Kydex sheath will protect the blade, but it doesn’t fit perfectly, so you can opt to remold it since it is made from plastic. Just warm it up in the oven until you can reshape it. The necklace that comes with the sheath can be easily ripped off due to its bad quality, so make sure you replace it with a lanyard.
- Tiny and lightweight
- Blade crafted from 440 stainless steel
- Ergonomic handle
- Comes with sheath and necklace
- Flimsy necklace
- The sheath doesn’t fit perfectly
Features To Look For When Buying The Best Neck Knife
There are a few key features that every good and functional neck knife must-have. No matter how large it is or what shape it has all the following recommendations, you can be sure it will serve you well for years to come.
1. Material That Was Used For The Blade
- This feature is a mandatory one for all knives, no matter neither the size nor the purpose. There are two main types of material used for crafting knives.
- There are stainless steel blades and carbon steel blades. Stainless steel blades are more affordable, corrosion-resistant, and require less maintenance. The carbon steel blades are expensive, harder to maintain, have more strength. They are sharper than stainless steel blades, but they need a lot more effort and time to be sharpened well.
- Imagine having an excellent blade paired with a terrible handle. That is a definition of a useless knife. The handle must be strong and durable; also, it must provide you with a good grip and be comfortable for use. Usually, handles are made from plastic, wood, aluminum, steel, and more.
3. Blade Length
- There are so many options that you can choose from. All you need to know is that the blades for these knives are usually between 2 and 4 inches in length. Smaller blades are more practical, and they can be used for opening mail or packages. They are less efficient when it comes to survival or hunting even if their blade is sharp.
- The point of having a neck knife is to carry it around with you. That’s why the sheath is mandatory to consider. The sheath will protect the knife blade as well as your skin from the sharp blade and tip. The best sheath will keep the blade tight and secure even if you try to shake it off if it makes any sound while you are doing this, it isn’t useful.
Good quality lanyard is crucial. There is nothing worse than a weak chain that can be easily pulled off your neck. What’s the point then?
- There are two main alternatives you can choose from. The first one is a chain, and usually, they are made from materials like aluminum, stainless steel, or silver. If you are at risk of falling, slipping, or you need a heavy-duty option, we recommend you to go for the chain.
- The second option is a paracord or synthetic cord. They are more comfortable around your neck; they are lightweight and safe to use since they usually last longer than chains.
- The best neck knife must be as lightweight as possible, considering you will carry it around your for some time. The weight varies in range from 2 to 10 ounces. Weight depends on the materials that were used for crafting a blade and the length of the blade.
- If you are in search of the lightest possible option, then we recommend you go for the model with a stainless steel blade and aluminum handle. Make sure to pick out the model that feels most comfortable to you.
Neck knives come in various sizes and shapes. There are three main designs available at the moment.
- The first design is the standard one. This type of knife has a separate handle and a separate blade. They are bigger and more practical.
- The second type is knives made from a single piece of steel with a blade and a handle made from the same piece. They are the smallest and the lightest and great as utility knives.
- The third type is similar to the first one, but they are equipped with a curved blade. They are best to be used for opening packages and self-defense.
In the end, there is only one thing we must do before we end this article. We advise you that before you purchase this product, you make sure that owning a neck knife is legal in your state.
Best Overall Value: KA-BAR TDI Law Enforcement Knife Fixed Blade
- It is obvious that the Ka-Bar brand is owning this list. There is not a single reason why it wouldn’t be like that honestly. This knife will offer you a lightweight, compact design, with a sharp blade that, in case of emergency, can be used as a defensive weapon.
Best Budget: CRKT S.P.E.W. EDC Fixed Blade Neck Knife
- This model is designed with survivalist, and outdoor adventurers kept in mind. If you need a reliable and versatile knife for your camping adventures and you don’t want to spend a lot of money on it since let’s be honest, you might not get back with it; this is your go-to model.
Premium Pick: Ka-Bar BK11 Becker Necker Neck Knife
- This one-piece stainless steel knife stands out on this list. Not just because it is high-quality, it is also because it dominates with its durability and the fact that the handle can withstand years and years of use since it can’t be worn out. If you don’t mind spending some money, make sure you pick this bad boy.