Top 5 Best Lawn Mower Batteries 2020:
- Universal Power Group 12 Volt
- Mighty Max ML35-12 Volt
- ExpertPower 12 Volt
- Chrome Battery YTX12-BS
- ExpertPower EXP12180
If you have a large lawn or an otherwise larger green-covered area, maintenance falls under your top priorities.
Lawns can be quite tedious to look after. Thus, they require a fiercely-powered machine that can keep your lawn beautifully trimmed and organized.
All of these machines, however, require a battery in order to perform at their full capacity. Oftentimes, people are completely unaware of how much of a difference can a battery make, in terms of overall machine performance.
This sole factor necessitates a good investment. The best lawn mower battery can go a long way, which is why we are here to ensure that you find one that is the most fitting and fulfilling!
Replacing your lawn mower batteries can be seen as somewhat of a routine-like chore. However, if you have noticed a particular frequency when it comes to this, your batteries of choice might be telling you to change them completely .
This can also be an indicator leading you to further deepen your search.
In the best interest of simplifying and easing your entire shopping process, we have accumulated a list of representative batteries that fall under the best lawn mower battery category.
5 Best Lawn Mower Batteries In 2020: Detailed Reviews
Let’s take a look at our carefully devised and selected top choices for the best lawn mower battery, as they were all tried and tested before being put in the spotlight!
To start off this assessment, we are going to put the spotlight on ExpertPower 12 Volt first and foremost.
This battery is secured by AGM technology (Absorbed Glass Mat), which means that the acid inside the battery is compressed between the plates and further immobilized by fiberglass mat, which neatly translates into notably lower maintenance on behalf of the user.
The AGM technology that this battery is designed with allows for safer and smoother and, ultimately, trouble-free operation.
Another key feature of this battery is that its case is made of ABS plastic, a material that in itself is strong and quite resilient when it comes to heat, vibration, and shock.
The essence of reliability that comes with this battery is concealed firstly in its rugged design, and then its inner, centered power.
The full-charging time is 4 hours, and it will last around 20 hours.
Finally, we want to mention that it comes with F1 style terminals, but you can use F1 to F2 adapters if needed.
All of the previously mentioned characteristics of this battery fit nicely into your idea of the best lawn mower battery. Your machine will be significantly upgraded and ready to cater to all of your previously established lawn maintenance dreams with this one!
- Easy to install
- Completely reliable & durable
- Perfect user-experience
- ABS plastic case
- AGM technology
- Low maintenance
- Long battery life
- Great construction & design
- Heat, vibration, shock resistant
- None that we could think of!
What Mighty Max ML35-12 Volt brings to the table is its incredible versatility, along with the combination of durability and reliability.
These fine qualities are not simple embellishments. This battery is equipped with AGM technology, which means that there will be no excessive need for maintenance, thus improving user experience.
When it comes to installation and setup of this battery, it’s surprisingly easy, as its packaging allows for this rechargeable battery to be positioned in any place the user would like it to be.
This battery will have your lawn mower powered in the most extreme temperatures, no matter if it is an extreme high or extreme low.
So, its ability to sustain even the worst of weather conditions is an ode in itself to the manufacturers who produced it to be shock-proof, leakproof, and vibration-proof, which is especially good if you are an owner of an uneven or hard to maintain terrain.
Another great thing about this battery is the fact that it has a deep discharge recovery, which is a feature that cannot be ignored. Many batteries that suffer complete depletion are ready to be thrown into the garbage, while this one will be back to kick it with you!
- Deep discharge recovery
- AGM technology
- Durable & versatile
- Can be positioned anywhere
- Great function in extreme temperatures
- One year warranty
- Low maintenance
- Some users reported issues with longevity, which was not something that we found to be a concern.
This 12-V battery has a wide range of household applications, from jet skis over to motorcycles and right into your garden!
So, if you’re looking to buy a battery that you will use not only for your lawn mower but also for other units, we can assure you this is the one.
To begin with our in-depth analysis of this battery, Chrome Battery YTX12-BS was ready to go upon arrival! It comes fully charged and ready to be connected to the lawn mower, at it works at its peak performance.
Another thing that makes this battery ideal for your household is the fact that it is imbued with the great absorbed glass mat technology that we previously referred to as the AGM technology, which is the ultimate voucher for low maintenance, and it is spill-proof!
It does not require a lot of attention when it comes to the installation and it is extremely easy to use.
If you have an emergency battery replacement issue, this will be your ideal option as it comes fully charged and ready for work. When it comes to your long-run investments, you can be sure that this battery will last long and be reliable for your daily uses.
Also, you will get a one-year warranty with the purchase.
- Safe, secure & reliable
- Can be recharged up to 2000 times
- Can be mounted and set up in any position
- Comes fully charged
- AGM technology
- Easy to use
- Long-lasting & sturdily built
- Lasts shorter than some other batteries
Another great solution in our top five when it comes to rechargeable and powerful batteries is Universal Power Group 12 Volt battery.
When it comes to installation of this model, it is fairly easy to set it up as it comes fully charged and ready to be mounted.
It’s empowered by the AGM technology, which ultimately makes it safe and secure for operation. Another upside of this technology is that it is leakproof, its construction further ensuring that it can be mounted in virtually any position safely.
The ultimate strength of this battery is centered in its resistance, and this will come in handy precisely if you have a rocky or uneven terrain, as it is shock and absorption resistant.
This battery will have you worry about it as little as possible as it requires no maintenance whatsoever, which is, ultimately, what offers an amazing user experience.
The manufacturers’ avid attention to detail and fine-tuning is apparent when it comes to this product as its finely balanced qualities generate a steady and impressive performance. This is a product that offers great value for money, along with ease of setup!
- Easy to install and set up
- Easy to use
- One-year warranty
- No maintenance
- AGM technology
- Resistant to shock and absorption
- Rugged construction to ensure a quality experience
- Comes fully charged & ready to work
- None that we can think of!
Yet another shiny gem in the carefully crafted list of batteries to have taken place in our top five favorite lawn mower batteries.
This is another pick of ours that goes to ExpertPower, this time it is ExpertPower EXP12180.
However, it is important to highlight the fact that this model has a slightly lower power than the previous one, which is good at certain conditions, like smaller lawn coverage.
The power alone does not diminish its resilience in extreme temperatures, be they high or low.
The materials that this battery was made from promise only the long-lasting durability and resilience to a variety of obstacles that may entail, such as shock, absorption, and vibrations.
Absorbed glass mat technology makes sure that the battery is leakproof, which makes it strong and reliable. It is also possible to mount the battery anywhere you want to.
It is certainly a viable and a more practical option if you have to mow and maintain a medium-sized lawn!
Overall, with all of these features put together, you get great value for money, and along with a year-long warranty, you are guaranteed to be in safe hands.
- AGM technology
- Shock, vibrations and absorption resistant
- Amazing construction
- One year warranty, 90 days payback guaranteed
- Easy to install and use
- Durable & resilient
- Equally good in both high and low temperatures
- Can be mounted virtually anywhere
- Requires more maintenance than other batteries
Factors To Consider When Buying A Lawn Mower Battery
When it comes to the maintenance and care of your lawn, you want to make sure that it looks its best at all times.
However, your outdoor activities can be made faster and much more enjoyable if you find a way to upgrade your machine.
Accessories and handy gadgets only go to a certain extent when it comes to upgrading your experience while performing something of a tedious chore, but what truly kick it up a notch is a new lawn mower battery.
Here are some qualities that you need to keep an eye out for and some factors that you need to consider before you decide to finally make your purchase!
1. Voltage & Battery Life
When selecting the top among the best lawn mower battery category, voltage and battery prowess came as the most quintessential qualities.
- The voltage range can be either incredibly high, moderate, or low, and this all ultimately affects the performance of your lawn mower.
- While everyone’s reflex might be to opt for the highest voltage immediately, we had something else in mind – to find the most suitable option for all.
- As impossible as it sounds, it turned out to be quite a possible task, as choosing the most optimal option for your lawn mower is the correct choice to make.
- The other quintessential quality is the battery prowess and its life – whether it can sustain extreme drainage or whether it will be thrown into the garbage is something we have considered thoroughly in our selection process.
- Wanting to make sure that the battery of your choice is well-researched, we test-drove the selected batteries to meet our high standards.
2. Position & Mounting Possibilities
- Another important factor in the purchasing process is the mounting possibility of the battery or whether it can be mounted in specific places or just about anywhere.
- Lawn mowers are mobile machines that should be used to their fullest capacities, and this does not include mobility, which at times we take for granted.
- No one wants a battery that would ultimately be unusable as it cannot be mounted in your own lawn mower, right?
- Each lawn mowing machine has a specific mounting position, so if you find yourself unsure of the correct position of your lawn mower battery, opt for the one(s) that can be placed just about anywhere, as the majority of the ones that are on our list can.
- The size. along with the weight of the battery, can significantly improve or diminish the quality of your mowing.
- You are here because you want to upgrade your mowing experience, not because you want to make it even duller. Because of that, you will want to avoid heavy batteries as they can pose as serious obstacles when it comes to movement and efficiency.
- Instead, pick a battery that is suitable and not too much on the heavier side.
- Along with this, you want to make sure that the size of your battery fits your lawn mower of choice.
- Ultimately, what we all care about can be neatly summed up in one category – and that is the price.
- Am I spending my hard-earned money on the right thing? Is this going to be a cost-effective decision, or is it going to come back and bite me for not thinking about it a bit more?
- Those are all the understandable questions that we all ask ourselves before making an investment because we all want our money to go in the right place.
- Your best interests lie in our hands, and we are well aware of it. With that being said, we want to make sure that your money goes into the right place and make sure that your investment can be counted on in the future.
- Remember, money does not always ultimately translate into quality. Sometimes it is better to do a little bit of research… but we have that covered so that you do not need to worry!
Our Top Pick(s): Which One Should You Buy?
As we near the end of our thorough investigation of the best lawn mower battery, we still acknowledge that there is one task left to cover.
Upgrading a handy outdoor machine can highly improve your own life as it will make the chore and the routine more enjoyable and much less tedious than it usually is, but most importantly – it can significantly shorten it!
As we have previously said before, your final choice will largely depend on your own needs and desires – whether you have a smaller or a bigger green area to mow and maintain, what kind of a mower you own, whether you want to simply bump up the quality of your machine or you want to seriously upgrade it…
Our final salutations go to the Universal Power Group 12 Volt that offers steadiness and stability with its unrelenting performance in combination with its sturdy construction.
With all this being said, we hope that you have found this buying guide enlightening and helpful and that we were able to aid you in your decision making process & your shopping journey!
Happy mowing, now that you have found your best lawn mower battery that will improve and upgrade your machine.