Top 5 Best Disc Golf Bags 2021:
- Athletico Power Shot Disc Golf Bag
- Dynamic Discs Ranger H2O Disc Golf Bag
- Innova Champion Discs Standard Disc Golf Bag
- MVP Disc Sports Voyager Backpack Disc Golf Bag
- Athletico Disc Golf Tote Bag
Do you know that disc golf is one of the fastest-growing sports in the world? Some estimates claim that it’s growing at a rate of 10% each year!
You know what this means, right? Disc golf is not a fad; it’s here to stay.
Since you stumbled upon our article, we assume you’re a player. Now, if you want other golfers to take you seriously, you’ll have to invest in your equipment. A disc bag is absolutely vital, and if you don’t have one yet, it’s time to get it.
Today, we’ll be reviewing some of the best disc golf bags, like, ever! For those who are determined to make some progress in the sport, this article is a good place to start.
5 Best Disc Golf Bags In 2021: Detailed Reviews
Want to know what the best disc golf bags are? Well, no need to thank us, buddy – just read on!
1. Athletico Power Shot Disc Golf Bag – Best Overall
If you’re a first-time disc bag buyer, then we strongly advise you to take a look at Athletico Power Shot. This backpack is not only lightweight and comfy, but it’s packed with useful features. Interested? We know you are, so check it out!
As we mentioned, Power Shot is a backpack and a relatively large one. It’s got plenty of room, and it can easily fit 20+ discs. The bag’s main compartment is divided into two sections, which will help you keep the discs organized. It’s also got dedicated pockets for two putter discs.
You can carry two water bottles in the Power Shot, as well as additional items like towels, wallets, scorecards, and so on.
The backpack is constructed of 600D waterproof polyester, so it’ll keep your possessions dry, even if you place it on damp morning grass. The material is surprisingly sturdy, and the bag holds up pretty well. The zipper, however, is of questionable quality, so be sure to use it gently.
All in all, this is a practical, wonderfully-designed, and well-made backpack that’s suitable for players of all levels. It goes for an excellent price, and we doubt that you’ll find a better model for the money. On top of this, the 100% satisfaction guarantee can’t hurt, right?
- Water-resistant material
- Durable construction
- Holds 20+ discs
- Lots of pockets
- Questionable zipper quality
2. Dynamic Discs Ranger H2O Disc Golf Bag – Best High-End Model
OK, here’s a little something for the big dogs. Pros and those looking to take their dedication to the next level mustn’t skip this review. Ranger H20, made by the world-renowned Dynamic Discs company, is a well-rounded high-end model for a serious player, and now we’re going to dissect it.
The bag is made by true industry professionals who’ve thought about everything. The comfort probably stands out as the greatest advantage of Ranger H20. It’s dual-padded straps, and the adjustable sternum strap will let you minimize the pressure on your shoulders and back.
Also, the back panel is contoured and breathable, which will prevent you from sweating too much when carrying it.
Forget about water bottles, because this bag comes with a hydration bladder and a tube. This will allow you to take a sip hands-free and without hassle. If you really like your bottle, don’t worry, you can place it in one of the two dedicated pockets.
The Ranger H20 is big and bulky. This is great because it can fit 18+ discs and it’s got many pockets for other items. Its dimensions make it heavier than average, so this might not suit everyone.
The biggest setback of this product is its price, but if you’ve got the cash, don’t think twice – just go for it!
- Ergonomic design
- Durable and well-made
- Lots of pockets
- Hydration bladder and tube
- Big and bulky
3. Innova Champion Discs Standard Disc Golf Bag – Best Tote Bag
OK, we get it, not everyone needs a large bag, and that’s why we decided to throw in a compact and discreet model. Innova Champion will find its way to the hands of people who want a lightweight bag that can fit a small number of discs.
Before we say anything more, we’d like to point out that this is a tote bag. There’s just something stylish about the single-strap design, and Innova stands as a testament to this. It looks darn good, and it comes in four different colors for you to choose from.
As for the capacity, the bag can hold 6 to 9 discs, as well as a single putter disc. This isn’t a lot, but if you know what you’re doing, it can be enough. The bag has one main compartment with a divider, and two side pockets for bottles or accessories.
The biggest complaint we heard about Innova is that the strap is a bit uncomfortable, so it’s troublesome to lug it for a long time. Another negative point goes out to the plastic straps as they feel cheap.
There’s nothing more to add, really. If you like what this bag has to offer, you’ll be pleasantly surprised by how cheap it is.
- Stylish look
- Available in four colors
- Extremely affordable
- Two side pockets
- The strap isn’t very comfy
- Plastic clips
4. MVP Disc Sports Voyager Backpack Disc Golf Bag – Most Durable Model
MVP – it sure has a confident ring to it. But is it any good? Since it found its way to our list, you can bet that it is. MVP’s Voyager disc bag is one of the top-rated models online right now, so let’s see what all the fuss is about.
The Voyager is a mid to large size bag with a capacity of 20+ discs, plus two putters. The water bottle pockets are conveniently placed in the back so that they don’t press on the sides. As for your valuables, you can store them in two side pockets or in the large upper compartment. The latter can even fit a jacket or a towel.
This bag has plastic stabilizer feet, which means that it’s able to stand freely without tipping over. The trouble with this component is that it might hit your back as you carry it, which can be uncomfortable.
When it comes to the material, the Voyager is made from 1000D heavy-duty Cordura, which has a reputation for being sturdy. The product is available in several colors, and finding the one that suits you shouldn’t be difficult.
- Many pockets and compartments
- Extremely durable
- Available in different colors
- Tip-resistant plastic feet
- The feet might hit your back as you carry it
- Relatively expensive
5. Athletico Disc Golf Tote Bag – Best Budget Option
Last but not least, we’ve got another tote bag for all your single-strap fans. This model from Athletico is as casual as it gets, and it’ll suit players who want a simple and functional disc bag.
This is a mid-sized bag that can fit up to 14 discs. It’s got a large main compartment with a thick divider, and once you place your discs inside, they won’t move around.On the front, there is an easy access pocket for frequently used items. One side of the bag has a bottle holder, while the other has got a large side-pocket.
The product is made of 600 denier polyester, which will keep dirt, rain, and mud away from the bag’s interior. It’s durable, but some people have raised concerns about the strap’s stitching, saying that it could be better. Even though the strap is padded, it’s not the most comfortable, we’ll tell you that.
Now, the price is definitely a plus of Athletico’s bag. It’s by far the cheapest on the list, and this makes it an excellent pick for a beginner (or a budget shopper). The bag’s available only in black, so we hope you like classic style.
- Made of durable material
- Small but fits a lot of things
- Extremely affordable
- 100% Money back guarantee
- Strap stitching isn’t the greatest
- Not the most comfortable
What Is A Disc Golf Bag?
A disc golf bag is a specialized bag made for carrying discs and accessories. It is designed in a way that allows you to bring as many discs as possible efficiently and comfortably.
Is it necessary to have it? Yes, if you’re serious about the game and want to be taken seriously. Also, the bag is really practical, and it is undoubtedly the best way to carry discs to and around the playing field.
What To Know Before Buying A Disc Golf Bag?
Much like any other type of bag, disc golf bags come in various shapes and sizes. Besides that, they differ in many other aspects, so you’ll have to learn a bit about them before buying.
If you don’t like to read – don’t worry – you won’t have to do a lot of it.
In the following section, we’ve compiled all the things that you ought to know about disc golf bags. Hopefully, this will help you pick the best one for your needs.
1. Type Of The Bag
- As we mentioned above, disc golf bags in different styles and two of the main ones include backpacks and tote bags.
- Tote bags are (usually) the more affordable option and are a good choice for beginners. They are made with either one or two straps and have an average capacity of 8 to 15 discs. Aside from this, tote bags can also fit a few putter discs as well as personal essentials (e.g., phone, wallet, keys).
- They tend to be lightweight, compact, and offer great value for the cost. The downside is that they’re not so comfortable, especially when carried over long distances.
- Backpacks are the pro’s go-to disc bags. The main reason people buy them is the ease of use and the comfort they provide. With a backpack, the weight gets evenly distributed across both shoulders, as opposed to a single-strap bag where one shoulder does all the work. On top of that, backpacks are spacious, with some being able to fit up to 30 discs.
- Bag capacities vary from 8 to 30 discs, so think about how many you want to carry. Of course, the higher the capacity, the more weight you’ll carry, and a smaller bag means more portability.
- Like we said in the previous section, backpacks are a better solution for carrying a lot of discs (20+) because of the weight distribution. Pros carry anywhere from 18 to 24 discs on average, so this can be a reference point for beginners.
- As you can imagine, you won’t be carrying just discs, but also other stuff like a water bottle, phone, wallet, and so on. Almost all disc bags have pockets for accessories, but the number of pockets and their sizes differ from model to model.
- Here’s how it works, the better the bag, the more pockets it has. High-end models come with 6+ compartments, while cheaper ones have two or three. The pockets have either zippers or Velcro, with the former being of better quality. However, Velcro is quicker to access, so we recommend having both if possible.
4. Dividers And Sections
- If you like to stay organized, then a bag with dividers is a must. Dividers create sections that keep all your discs in place and prevent them from jumbling around the bag and rubbing off each other. This is not only beneficial in terms of organization but may also prolong the discs’ lifespan.
5. Material And Fabrics
- The material that the bag’s made from has a huge impact on its durability; this is no secret. So, what are the most durable fabrics used in the making of these products?
- Nylon is a popular one, as it’s waterproof, strong, and can withstand wear and tear. A cheaper option is polyester, which has similar characteristics of nylon but on a lesser scale. The priciest disc bags material is leather, for obvious reasons, and it’s used in high-end models.
- In this part, we won’t discuss the weight of the bag itself, but that of the overall package that you’ll be carrying. Even if you have the most comfortable backpack on the market, it’s still going to cause you problems if you lug it around for hours.
- To give you an idea of what we’re talking about, a bag of 20 discs with other essentials tends to weigh around 16 pounds. This is by no means lightweight!
- The way to avoid this is to be smart about how many things you carry. Bring only the discs that you use, and choose a bag accordingly. Your back will thank you.
See Also: The Best Blade Putter
As fun as this article is for you, it’s time to bring it to an end. We hope that you’ve enjoyed reading what we prepared and that you were able to find an adequate bag for you. In case you need some extra assistance, take a look at our top three picks for today.
Our favorite bag from the list is Athletico Power Shot. This baby has it all, including comfort, size, and quality, as well as a dizzyingly low price! Trust us, this kind of a deal doesn’t come around often.
Right after it is the Dynamic Discs Ranger H20, a large, high-end model. It is undoubtedly one of the best disc golf bags on the market, and if you’ve got the money, don’t hesitate to buy it.
The third and last pick is a tote bag called Innova Champion. This compact model will entertain those in need of smaller carrying capacity. It’s also pretty cheap, so that can’t be a bad thing, right?
That’d be all for today golfers! Until next time – practice those throws.