Top 5 Best Cat Collars 2020:
- Beastie Bands Checkered Collar
- Rogz Catz Glow Breakaway Collar
- Pettsie Breakaway Pet Collar
- GoTags Personalized Cat Collars
- Blueberry Pet Safety Collar
So you’re a cat owner? If yes, it’s time to fool-proof your furball!
And how will you do that? It’s simple, get a collar.
Not for you, silly, for the kitty.
A cat collar is useful for many things, and we’re going to discuss this later on in the article. All that you need to know for now is that it is the best way to identify your cat in a crowd of felines.
If this is your first time buying this product, you might be surprised by the sheer variety that’s out there. To help you cut the chase and get to the real deal, we’ve composed an article about the best cat collars on the globe.
Do yourself (and your kitty) a favor, and read on!
See Also: The Best Cat Litter For Odor Control
5 Best Cat Collars In 2020: Detailed Reviews
As trivial as it sounds, finding the best cat collars wasn’t an easy task.
You won’t believe just how many different manufacturers and models there are out there; it’s like looking for a needle in a haystack.
However, we never shy away from a challenge, and with a lot of time and persistence, we were able to pinpoint five high-quality models, all of which you can find below.
Beastie Bands has been gaining popularity fast, and cat owners swear by its name. The company boldly advertises it as “the most comfortable collar on the market,” so we decided to check if there’s any truth to this statement.
The collar is made out of neoprene, a stretchy and durable material. The collar is big so that it can fit cats of all sizes – just take the measurements on the cat, cut the collar with scissors, and strap it up.
This isn’t a breakaway collar, but because the material is stretchy, you don’t have to worry about your kitty getting hurt. In addition, it closes with velcro straps, so they’ll set the cat’s neck loose when necessary.
This model is the perfect choice for pet owners whose cats found a way to get out of a breakaway collar on their own.
The collars go for a reasonable price, and they’re available in a multitude of colors and designs. A problem that some customers reported is that the colors that they got were pretty different from the one they ordered. Furthermore, the same design tends to have variations in color depending on the batch.
When it comes to ID possibilities, there’s no ring, but there are grommets to which you can attach and ID tag.
All in all, if you’re looking for an affordable and quality non-breakaway collar, then you should seriously consider purchasing Beastie Bands.
- Soft and stretchy material
- Can be cut to any size
- Closes with Velcro (opens easily)
- Supports ID tags
- The colors vary from batch to batch
If you’re interested in the most pimped-up collar in town, then you have to check out Rogz Catz. This model is loaded with all kinds of exciting features that help it stand out from the competition. Let’s see what it is all about.
The main component of this collar is the buckle, which is unlike any we’ve seen so far. It has sensitivity settings that allow you to adjust the breakaway feature according to the cat’s weight. It won’t get unlocked unless the force that’s pulling it is as heavy as your kitty, so it won’t get lost so easily.
The collar’s length is adjustable, and it goes from 8″ to 13″. This means that it will fit cats of almost all sizes, but its minimal length might still be too big for small kittens.
Rogz Catz glows in the dark and has cute illustrations printed on it. It comes in three designs, each of them having a different picture and color.
Bell fan or no, this collar’s got you covered. When you buy it, there will be a bell attached to it, but you can remove it if you want. Finally, it is compatible with ID tags so everyone can know who the kitty belongs to.
- Innovative buckle with sensitivity settings
- Suitable for most cat sizes
- Glows in the dark
- Comes with a removable bell
- Too big for small kittens
Can your cat get even cuter than it already is? You bet!
Try the Pettsie breakaway collar; it’ll send your kitty to a new league of adorableness. Besides, it’s a darn good collar in other aspects too.
The thing that makes this model special is the neat little bow tie made out of beechwood. It’ll give the animal a refined, “gentlecat” look, and make you proud to be its mommy/daddy. Also, you’ll get a matching bracelet within the package – how awesome is that!?
Pettsie is a great pick for felines who are sensitive to synthetic materials, as it is 100% cotton. You can get it in four colors, including black, blue, orange, and red, and each of them have different ornaments embroidered.
The hook and loop closure is an element that’s out of place here. It works well, but it’s not as elegant as the rest of the collar. The collar features a D-ring for attaching ID tags, so you’ve got that covered for you.
The size is adjustable, and it ranges from 8″ to 11″. Unfortunately, 11″ might not be enough for big cats, so we can’t say that collar would fit all cats.
Pettsie is a bit pricier than the other products on this list, so this might throw off a couple of customers.
- 100% cotton (great for cats sensitive to synthetics)
- Includes a matching bracelet for the owner
- D-ring for ID tags
- Pricier than others
- May be too small for big cats and vice versa
Your precious kitty is one of a kind. Why not get a collar that celebrates this fact?
If you’re searching for a top-notch personalized collar then look no further than GoTags, the best in the business.
GoTags offers fully customized cat collars that have the pet’s name and the owner’s phone number embroidered. This is perfect for kitties who tend to stray a lot, as anyone who sees them will be able to call you straight away.
Also, the company doesn’t limit you to only the name and the phone number; they’ll print out anything you want on it. You can choose between five background colors and 15 letter colors.
As for the size, the collar can be adjusted anywhere from 8″ to 12″. The trouble here is that the buckle goes over the embroidery when you tighten it to a small dimension. Also, 8″ is usually too big for kittens.
GoTags makes breakaway collars that’ll pop open when needed. They also have a bell on them, and its color matches that of the collar.
The price of these models is slightly higher than you’d expect, but it’s a custom product, so this is justified.
- Name and phone number embroidery
- Available in various colors
- Includes a breakaway buckle
- Has a matching bell
- Too big for small kittens
- The buckle may cover the embroidery
The final product for today comes from a company named Blueberry Pet, and honestly, these guys make some fun-looking collars. If the appearance and design are important to you, then don’t skip the paragraphs below.
These collars are truly the most charming on the market. They were created with immaculate attention to detail, and fashion aficionados will know how to appreciate this.
The front of the collar has a (removable) flower attached to it, and when you see your cat wearing it, you’ll fall in love with it again. As you could have expected, there is also a matching bell which you can also take off.
The collar comes in three different designs, including perfect orange, relaxing green, and stunning plum, each with its unique feel.
They are made from polyester nylon webbing, which is a pretty sturdy material. However, some users complained that they don’t last very long.
The length of the collar is 9-13″, so, as you can guess, it is too big for small cats. The breakaway buckle is also there, and we’ve heard no complaints about it.
To sum up, if you’re not concerned about durability and are only interested in the appearance, do go for Blueberry Pet.
- Charming and elegant design
- Available in three vibrant colors and designs
- Not very durable
- Not for kittens or small cats
What Is A Cat Collar?
We’re sure there’s no need to explain what’s a collar or how it looks like. However, it is essential to mention what these collars do.
First, they make it easy to identify your cat and help find it if it goes missing. You can attach your phone number to the collar so people can give you a call if they come across your lost kitty.
Second, it looks cool? A collar is like a fashion accessory for your cat, and it’s going to give it some personal touch.
Last, collars can be used to keep track of your kitty’s vaccinations, so you know exactly when it had its last shot.
What To Know When Buying A Cat Collar?
We know what you’re thinking, “How difficult could it be to buy a freakin’ cat collar?”
Well, it’s not very complicated, but there are a few things that you should know beforehand. So, for your cat’s comfort’s sake and for maximum benefits, check out the following paragraphs!
1. Fit And Adjustability
Choosing the right collar size is essential for the cat’s comfort. A size too small will be tight, and a bigger one could slip off the cat’s neck.
So, how do you figure out the perfect fit?
- It goes something like this – if there’s room for two fingers between the collar and the kitty’s neck, that should be the ideal size.
- Also, you can measure the girth of the neck, add an inch or two to it, and you’ll get the number that you need.
Of course, you want the collar to be durable so that you don’t have to buy a new one after a few months. As you can imagine, durability depends on the material the collar is made from.
- The common materials that these things are made of are nylon, polyester, and cotton. All of them are pretty sturdy, but synthetic materials might irritate some kitties, or even provoke an allergic reaction.
- Besides this, there are several special fabrics used for making collars, and you could find some of them in the reviews.
- Another indicator of quality is, expectedly, the price, so we advise you to pay more upfront to get a better product.
- Buying a collar with good visibility can be highly beneficial. For example, a brightly colored collar can help you spot the cat easily, even in a crowd of furballs.
- Another cool thing that they make these days are collars that glow in the dark. Such models will make sure that you don’t lose sight of your pet, even in the dark. Also, more importantly, a reflective collar will make the cat easier to spot by drivers if it happens to be crossing the road at night.
- Of course, highly visible colors and materials are advantageous, but they certainly aren’t necessary.
- You know how cats like to crawl through narrow passages and get into tiny spaces. Well, sometimes, their collar can get stuck, potentially injuring your beloved kitty.
- To ensure that this scenario never happens, look for a collar with the breakaway feature. This feature makes the collar pop open when it gets caught on something, allowing the cat to move on freely.
- A cheap breakaway collar will open at the slightest pull, which means that it’s easy to lose it. On the other hand, high-quality models pop open only when the force of the pull is such that it endangers your cat’s wellbeing.
Here’s something that you probably didn’t think about – the weight of the collar. Surprisingly, certain models do weigh quite a bit, and it’s essential to consider whether the cat can handle it.
- This is especially important in the case of kittens and small cats, as they aren’t as strong as adults.
- How will you know if the collar is too heavy for your feline?
- If it’s trying to scratch or get the collar off, and if it’s making constant noises, then you might want to look for a lighter model.
- There are two ways of attaching identity information on the collar. First, there is the metal ring on which an ID tag can be attached. Second, you can add some custom embroidery on the collar, such as the cat’s name or your phone number.
If this is important to you, check which option the collar you want to buy offers.
So, dear cat people, we’ve come to the end of our article. It’s been a fun ride, but now it’s time to wrap it up by announcing our top three picks.
The first place goes to Beastie Bands collar. This product is the simplest to use, one of the most comfortable on the market, and is suitable for felines of all sizes. In other words, it won’t give any fuss to you nor the cat.
Rogz Catz is in second place, and it got there thanks to its interesting features like the lock with adjustable sensitivity and glow-in-the-dark color.
Finally, we have Pettsie, the ultimate breakaway collar for pets who don’t fare well with synthetic materials.
In case you don’t agree with us, that’s fine, go for the collar you like the most. We’re sure that your kitty will love it!