Top 5 Best Beach Carts And Wagons 2020:
- Mac Sports Heavy-Duty Collapsible Utility Beach Wagon Cart
- Rio Beach Wonder Wheeler Wide Beach Cart
- Trolley Dolly
- ENKEEO Collapsible Push Wagon
- Mybeachcart Foldable Beach Cart
So, you got everything ready for your beach vacation. You got your towels, sunscreen, snorkels, beach balls, sunshade, and a million other nicknacks you need for a good time.
This is where beach carts and wagons come into play! A decent beach wagon model can carry all your beach stuff in one go. And if you think that’ll just take up more space in your trunk, you’d be wrong since most beach carts and wagons can be collapsed for easy storage.
Unfortunately, choosing the best beach cart and wagon can be tricky if you’re unfamiliar with them. Don’t worry, though, we’ve done the research for you!
In this article, we’ve reviewed five best beach cart and wagon models and prepared a nifty little guide that’ll help you choose the best model for your needs.
Related: The Best Water Guns
5 Best Beach Carts And Wagons In 2020: Detailed Reviews
Before you learn how to pick the best beach cart and wagon for your needs, we recommend you check out our five top picks. We’re sure you’ll find at least one model that’ll catch your eye.
1. Mac Sports Heavy-Duty Collapsible Utility Beach Wagon Cart – Editor’s Choice
Our first pick for the best beach cart and wagon comes with everything you’d want in a beach wagon. The Mac Sports Heavy-Duty Collapsible Beach Wagon is both durable, takes up very little space, and has wheels that can handle any type of terrain. Let’s take a closer look.
Let’s first talk about the main feature of this beach wagon, the ability to collapse. When collapsed, this wagon takes very little space, measuring just 31.5×184.108.40.206 inches. This is the perfect compact size to fit in your garage or car trunk.
When unfolded, this cart wagon is 36.2×21.4×24.6 inches big. This gives you more than enough space to store all your beach essentials and much more. You can carry up to 150 pounds of stuff in this cart. This is because the frame is built out of high-quality aluminum. And on top of this, this beach wagon has big wheels that ensure a smooth ride over the sand.
The storage compartment is made out of 600D fabric. This means you don’t have to worry about it tearing easily or being difficult to clean. Cleaning this cart is as easy as spraying it with a garden hose.
- Takes up very little space
- Can carry up to 150 pounds of stuff
- Absolutely none
2. Rio Beach Wonder Wheeler Wide Beach Cart – First Contender
Our second pick is a bit controversial. Unlike a regular beach wagon you pull behind you, the Rio Beach Wonder Wheeler is designed to be pushed. Basically, this beach cart functions like a trolley or a pram.
The reason why the Wonder Wheeler has this unconventional design is due to its large wheels. The wheels measure 10 inches in diameter, which is more than enough to ensure superb handling on even the softest of sands. The smaller front wheels are there to improve steering, but you won’t use them when on the sand.
When it comes to storage, this beach cart really delivers. With around 15 cubic feet of storage space and 100-pounds of maximum capacity, you can rest assured you’ll be able to carry just about anything you need for a perfect day at the beach.
What’s more, this beach cart also features a removable tote bag for more sensitive stuff, and it has a side compartment for an umbrella or sunshade. Not only that, but thanks to the large front handle, you can hang up items like camping chairs for easy transport.
The only issue we have with this product is that the front wheels tend to sink into the sand because they’re tiny.
- 15 cubic feet of storage
- Removable tote bag
- Can carry camping chairs
- Front wheels sink into the sand
3. Trolley Dolly – Most Affordable Beach Cart
Continuing with our trend of beach carts that are pushed rather than pulled, we introduce you to the Trolley Dolly. This beach cart is only a fraction of what a high-end model would cost. And on top of that, it comes with most of the features you’d expect in a high-end beach cart/wagon.
Even though the Trolley Dolly is meant for carrying stuff from the grocery store, this cart is more than viable for beach use. Why? The answer is simple. The Trolley Dolley features a durable frame and big enough wheels to ensure smooth sailing across the sand.
This beach cart can carry up to 110 pounds at once and comes with a whole slew of useful pockets. In fact, the Trolley Dolley comes with seven compartments, including a beverage holder, front flap pocket, an inner pouch, and more.
The bag this beach cart comes with is entirely waterproof, so you don’t have to worry about the contents getting wet because you got splashed by a wave. And if you don’t need it, you can remove it and use the bottom shelf as a platform for carrying beach chairs and other beach furniture.
The only issue we have with this product is that you can’t carry chairs when you have the bag attached to the cart.
- 110lb max capacity
- Plethora of pockets
- Not versatile
4. ENKEEO Collapsible Push Wagon – Best Beach Wagon With Canopy
Looking for a beach wagon that’s not only durable but also protects your stuff if you get caught in the rain? You’re in luck! We’re happy to present to you ENKEEO Collapsible Push Wagon!
We have to admit that after a dozen hours spent using this wagon, we have to admit that this is one of the best mid-range beach wagons we’ve ever seen!
Let’s first talk about storage capacity. The Enkeeo is quite spacious, measuring 33.6×17.6×11 inches. This is more than enough to store a couple of towels, sand toys, snorkels, and fresh clothes.
For extra-sensitive stuff, there is also a detachable pocket. This pocket is perfect for hauling things like your cellphone, sunscreen, and other nicknacks that don’t mix well with water and sand.
The storage compartment is made out of waterproof material that’s quite durable. And if that wasn’t enough, this beach cart also comes with a canopy you can attach. If you ever get caught in the rain, you can rest assured your beach accessories will remain dry and protected.
The wheels on Enkeeo are made out of EVA foam and PP material, which makes them quite durable. On top of that, they’re large enough to not sink in beach sand.
This beach wagon would’ve been our top pick if it had more pockets.
- Excellent storage capacity
- Comes with a canopy
- Lacks pockets
5. Mybeachcart Foldable Beach Cart – Best Big-Wheeled Beach Cart
Are you looking for a beach wagon that can carry a ton of stuff and still go over beach sand like it’s nothing? Well, you’re in for a treat! Mybeachcart foldable beach cart features extra big wheels and just as large storage capacity.
The thing we absolutely loved about this beach cart are the wheels. Mybeachcart features balloon wheels that are a whopping 12 inches in diameter. This is why this cart is so easy to pull over the sand; the wheels are so big they glide over the sand.
For additional comfort, this beach cart also features a telescopic handle. No matter how tall you are, you don’t have to worry about having to hunch over to pull it along.
Unlike other products we showcased so far, this cart doesn’t come with a compartment area. Instead, this cart features a 12×21-inch cargo deck that’s padded with a non-slip material. This beach cart can carry up to 160 pounds of stuff, so you don’t have to worry about breaking it.
You also get a mesh bag for carrying things like towels, sunscreen, and other sensitive stuff. This is the only thing we didn’t like about this product. If this cart came with a waterproof bag, it would’ve made the top of our list.
- Big wheels sail through sand
- 160lb carrying capacity
- Telescope handle
- Comes with only a mesh bag
What Is A Beach Cart Wagon And Why Do You Need One?
A family vacation on the beach sounds so relaxing. You don’t need to worry about work, deadlines, your kid’s school projects, and other day-to-day tasks.
Just you and your family, relaxing on the beach, enjoying the salty sea breeze and the warm sun.
Unfortunately, like with every family trip, there is a ridiculous amount of stuff you have to carry every day to the beach. Towels, coolers, chairs, snacks, umbrellas, a box of sand toys, snorkel gear, and diaper bags are just some of the things you’ll need on the beach.
This is where a beach cart or wagon comes in handy. If you don’t want to break your back hauling a load of stuff to the beach, you should seriously consider investing in a beach cart or wagon.
With one of these contraptions, dragging all the must-have beach stuff won’t be a physical effort anymore. Just store everything you need, take the handle, and you are ready.
Beach carts and wagons come in various shapes and sizes. They have multiple mash pockets and compartments, where you can easily store all the wet and sandy items. Thanks to these pockets, sand, and water won’t be all over your clean towels and clothes.
Most of the beach carts and wagons are made from water-resistant materials. So, you won’t have to worry about your other stuff getting wet from accidental water splashes and general frolicking that ensues on the beach.
There are also collapsible beach cart models, which you can fold and store in the trunk of your car. The wheels of the beach wagons are designed so that you can smoothly navigate through soft and deep sand.
If you get yourself a high-capacity beach wagon, you can even carry your kids or pets around in it. It will be an amusement for the whole family.
5 Factors You Need To Consider When Buying A Beach Cart And Wagon
To help you make the best decision, here are the five factors you need to consider when buying a beach cart and wagon.
- When it comes to durability, you surely want to get a beach cart or wagon that will last longer than just one vacation. Otherwise, it would be a total waste of money if it broke down after the first family trip to the beach.
- This is why we recommend you get yourself a sturdy beach wagon. Look for a beach cart that is made of high-quality materials that won’t tear up easily.
- Keep in mind that the cart frame should be made from a durable material, like aluminum. With an aluminum cart frame, you can be assured that the wagon won’t break if you store the heavy stuff like coolers and chairs.
2. Storage Space And Pockets
- The more pockets and compartments a beach wagon has, the better.
- You can store all the stuff you’ll need on the beach more efficiently. If you want to take out your sunscreen, you won’t have to search through the other things in the wagon to find it. Just store the sunscreen in one of the pockets and eliminate the chance it’ll end up at the bottom of the cart.
- Another fantastic thing about the pockets and compartments is that your stuff won’t get mixed up. Store your kid’s sand toys in one compartment, and the sand won’t get all over your cart.
- When it comes to storage space, we recommend you to look for a cart and wagon that can fit everything you’ll need on your beach trip, and even have some space left once you stored everything.
- If the cart has a big storage space and has high-capacity, you can even drive your kids around in it. We are sure the kids will love it.
- The material a beach cart or wagon is made of is directly linked to durability. If the beach cart is made from low-quality material, the cart won’t last very long.
- The best material is 600D fabric. This material is lightweight, durable, and tear-resistant. What’s more, it’s easy to clean. No more scrubbing after a drink is spilled on the wagon. You can wash it clean with just a garden hose, and it will be as good as new.
- Another thing to consider is the material of the cart-fame. The frame must be made from high-quality materials. High-quality materials like aluminum won’t break so easily. This basically means that you can carry about 75-100 pounds in your beach wagon if the frame is durable.
- Keep in mind that you don’t want a steel frame because the frame will be in contact with salt-water. Steel is likely to corrode when exposed to water. So, we recommend a frame that is made from aluminum or has a protective coating.
- We are pretty sure you don’t want to spend your whole day assembling the beach wagon and cart.
- If the cart comes with a book of instructions for assembling it, don’t buy it. It is not worth the time.
- The whole purpose of a beach cart and wagon is to save your energy and time. So, by spending more than an hour assembling it is a total waste of time and money.
- Look for a beach cart and wagon that can be assembled without much effort. We recommend you look up some reviews of the wagon or cart you want to buy. Buyers will surely point out if assembling the wagon was problematic and time-consuming.
- We are sure you want a beach cart and wagon that you can slide into your car trunk without it taking away all of the space.
- Look for a beach cart and wagon that has a simple folding way. For example, pulling a tab, and it is ready to be stored.
- The dimensions of the cart should be about 6-10 inches thick when folded. Also, make sure that the wheels of the cart can be removed and stored without much effort.
Our Final Word & Selection
Before we let you go enjoy your day on the beach, let’s recap the results.
If you’re looking for the best beach cart wagon on the current market, then look no further than Mac Sports Heavy-Duty Collapsible Utility Beach Wagon Cart. This product is almost impossible to destroy and offers more than enough storage to carry all your beach gear.
If you don’t like pulling carts, then you should consider getting a Rio Beach Wonder Wheeler Wide Beach Cart. Not only is this cart designed to be pushed rather than pulled, but you can also use it to carry beach chairs along with other beach nicknacks.
And if you’re on a tight budget, the Trolley Dolly should be on your shopping list. With a 110lb maximum carrying capacity and a plethora of pockets, this beach cart wagon will keep your stuff safe from sand and water.