Top 5 Best Saw Horses 2020:
- DEWALT Miter DWX725 Sawhorse
- Rockwell 9003 Sawhorse
- WORX Pegasus WX051 Multi-Function Sawhorse
- Hitachi 115445 Sawhorse
- HICO Sawhorse
If you’re doing a lot of woodwork, or occasionally need support for your saw board, you know how important the sawhorse is.
This tool can be extremely useful and is sure to facilitate any home projects that you’ll be doing.
While it may seem simple at first, this clever construction enables you to use the full potential of your heavy-duty tools and equipment, and you can even transform it into a workbench.
Evaluating a sawhorse isn’t just about grading its features. To get a handle on the best sawhorses for you, we created a ton of door frames, benches, and pews, but we’ll leave that for another article.
Choosing the right sawhorse for you and your needs can be an intimidating experience if you’re not well prepared and don’t know there are that many options.
But don’t worry!
Stay with us and get acquainted with the different models that you can choose from.
Related Read: The Best Wood Chisels
Factors To Consider When Buying A Sawhorse
In order to find a sawhorse that is well suited for your needs, you have to consider some important factors.
We promise to keep it short and move on to the reviews quickly; these are only the essentials!
- Make sure that your sawhorse has an option to be transported quickly and easily, as this will save you a lot of time and nerves.
- In short, you want to find an option that is not too heavy, but then again, not light as a feather because there will be some hard work involved. We’ll find the golden ratio considering the weight, and you’ll be able to carry around your sawhorse more easily.
- By the way, did you know that a bigger sawhorse is sometimes known as a mule, and a shorter one as a pony?
- Also, there are some sawhorses that are extremely portable, as you can fold them up and pack them wherever you want to, then unfold them again, and you’re ready. All of our picks today can be folded, as we find this a must.
- The “unfolding” part can, however, sometimes get a bit complicated, with a ton of shattered pieces to fold, so we chose the convenient and simpler options.
As for this factor, we have just a simple tip: choose the height of the sawhorse according to your height.
- If you’re taller, you might want to get some taller options, and vice versa, if you’re not.
- You can also position your hands at the imaginary height of the sawhorse and see how does it feel for your hands, whether you’ll get tired, is there a lot of pressure… Yeah, kinda awkward method, but gets the job done.
- Or you can get the option that has adjustable legs.
Usually, you can choose from 3 materials for the frame of the sawhorse:
- Plastic, the most versatile option, and also the lightest one
- Wood, the most common (but a little outdated) option; not our favorite
- Metal, you guessed it – the most durable option, but also heavier and less compact.
No matter which material you opt for, we’re going to make sure that its of premium quality.
- You are going to be using your sawhorse with a lot of different saws, materials and put a lot of pressure on its surface, so you have to make sure that it can handle all of that.
- Generally, we would advise you not to go under 1000 lbs (453 kg) of support, but there are some cases when you need less endurance, e.g., for your smaller projects and craftsmanship.
- We’ll explore them all so that you can get a sawhorse that can hold a large enough amount of weight for you.
- Even the best-featured and most expensive sawhorse will not mean much if it gets destroyed after one intense session of using.
- We’re going to help you invest your money in an option that will serve you for a long time, as the choices that we made can be really counted on.
- Last but not least, we have to consider another important factor: money.
- We are going to look for budget-priced options for you, but making sure that the price does not come at the expense of quality, and that you get the best possible deal out there.
- We’ve, therefore, curated a list of 5 best sawhorses that you can currently buy, and you’re sure to find the best choice according to your preferences and budget in the next section!
See Also: The Best Angle Grinder
5 Best Saw Horses In 2020: Detailed Reviews
Now that you know the options, list your favorite characteristics, so that you can pick the adequate sawhorse!
After testing out and evaluating many different sawhorses based on the aforementioned factors, we’re proud to present our final top five of the best sawhorses.
Dewalt is an industry leader that has refined its products, famous for their saws with immaculate cutting precision. Of course, their range of saw accessories does not fail to amaze us, too, and here is our choice from their array of products.
First up, we have a lightweight aluminum sawhorse that is a giant leap from the simple wooden sawhorse but still manages to preserve simplicity and minimalism.
The legs can be folded up, and this process is made super-easy thanks to the lock levers on the sides. They also account for maximum safety while working.
Therefore, this sawhorse easily transforms into a metal box with yellow highlights that you can use to support around 1000 lbs of materials. And it weighs only 15.3 pounds (6.9 kg)!
To get the most out of this product, I suggest that you buy it with the Mounting brackets, so that you can easily attach any material that you want.
As you can see, the Miter DWX725 offers an excellent capacity without being too heavy, and that’s why it earned a place in our top 5.
- Compact as it can be folded;
- Extremely durable and stable;
- Lock lever system and the transport latch are a nice touch;
- 3-year warranty.
- On the pricey side, as you will need at least two for most of your projects;
- The height of the legs cannot be adjusted.
Rockwell delivers one of the most innovative sawhorses on the market, with its futuristic look and features.
Namely, it is made of high-quality steel (the most durable material), with attractive details such as two logos and the green upper side, and even the tripod legs are innovative with their unique shape that guarantees stability.
Now, when you hear about its weight (around 46 lbs/21 kg), you will probably assume that it’s too heavy and bulky to transport and give up on it.
We thought that too and weren’t sure whether it was going to make it to our shortlist.
Boy, were we wrong.
The manufacturers went out of their way to create a system that will enable this quite weighty construction to be carried around more easily. They’ve managed to do so by implementing wheels into it so that you can fold it down and easily pull it to where you want to.
It is equally powerful. Two can hold up to 1200 lbs, and its strength makes it perfect for creating a workbench out of this sawhorse.
The 37-inch wide jaws mean that you can incorporate quite a big piece of the plank as your working surface.
Moreover, the jaws are made of rubber, so your safety and precision are guaranteed, as the material won’t slip.
A possible flow is that it is very tall (around 34 inches), and this might be too high for some people, resulting in a bad body posture.
- Made of high-quality steel;
- Three stable legs;
- Great for rough terrain;
- The efficient rolling system for transportation;
- The heaviest on the list;
- Legs are not adjustable.
WORX produced a two-in-one system that will satisfy all your needs.
The Pegasus WX051 is a sawhorse and a work table packed into an attractive plastic design full of exciting features.
Do you remember when we said that plastic sawhorses were the most functional?
Its height is around 31 inches, which should be comfortable for most of the users, and it weighs around 28 lbs (12 kg), which is right in the middle of the categories.
The dimensions of the work table are 31 x 25 inches and can handle 300 lbs, which might not be enough for all the materials. But its primary purpose, and our focus for today – the sawhorse, earned the highest grade.
It can support 1000 lbs, and the four locking legs are incredibly stable with no movement of the unit or the material.
The surface of the table is for your most complex projects, as it is has an engraved measuring scale.
Having a built-in lower compartment for storing your accessories, such as screws, measuring tape, or any additional materials, makes it even more useful.
To make your working experience even more secure, with this purchase, you will get four clamp dogs and two quick clamps, which will account for a very wide range of materials.
It is extremely user-friendly, as you can switch between the modes in a matter of seconds, or fold it and carry it to your next workshop.
And above all, it is reasonably priced.
- Great value for the price;
- You get two tools for the price of one;
- Easy to transport;
- The most versatile on the list;
- There is a handy measuring scale on the surface
- We couldn’t find any!
Next up is another pair of folding sawhorses, the Hitachi 115445 model, from another renewed brand in this industry.
While this tool is not exactly the sleekest out there, it certainly offers some great features, such as the power capacity of 1200 lbs.
Although it looks large, it weighs only around 13 pounds (6 kg) since it is made of plastic, which makes it light enough to be easily moved around. When you fold it, it will take up just around 2 inches in width, so you can fit this sawhorse pretty much anywhere.
We found the Hitachi 115445 very useful, as it also contains a shelf for your tools and accessories, and cord hooks if you want to undertake some more complex projects.
What we also liked is the safety that it brings – there are 4 sawbucks and solid indentations that can support 2-inch wide wood.
Its height is not adjustable, but the clips that this sawhorse contains give it a height of around 29 inches.
With its numerous features and strong performance, we can forgive the bulky and non-aesthetic design.
As a beginner and for the every-day housework, this tool is perfect and comes at the best value for price in this range. If you’re a professional, though, you might want to buy a more versatile and durable sawhorse.
- Has a storage surface;
- You get two sawhorses for a low price;
- High capacity;
- Easy to set up.
- No instructions;
- The maximum height of 29 inches might be too short for some people;
- Not versatile enough for a plastic sawhorse.
Due to its sleek design, you might mistake the HICO Sawhorse for an amateur set of sawhorses, but its performance proved that was not the case.
It is made of quality metal, and its attractive blue design will look great in your garden, house, or a workshop.
As for its portability, legs are easily folded, it even has a grip for convenient transportation, and it weighs under 18 pounds – so it’s super-portable.
The strongest feature of this sawhorse, making it stand out in this list, is the fact that its legs can be adjusted.
Not only that – they can be adjusted as much as from 25.2 to 40.4 inches (there are five in-between heights that you can set up, about every 3.5 inches), which means you’ll be able to use the HICO Sawhorse for virtually any projects.
It also delivers stability and safety, as the top part is made of a rubbery material that won’t slip.
Additionally, it features two locking pins and solid bolts that will assure you there will be no unwanted movement of the unit, no matter where you place it.
If you want to transform this sawhorse into a work table, there are convenient mounting holes, and you’ll get a stable working surface – bonus points for versatility here.
Finally, the incredible capacity of 1200 lbs stands as another reason for purchasing this sawhorse.
To sum it up: if you’re looking for a semi-professional and not outrageously expensive sawhorse, the HICO Sawhorse is for you.
- Easy to carry around;
- You get two sawhorses for an excellent price;
- Quality steel construction;
- Adjustable height;
- Takes up more time to set up than the other sawhorses. Other than that, we couldn’t find any!
Our Recommendation – Which Sawhorse Is The Best For Your Workshop?
Finally, we’ve crowned the WORX Pegasus Multi-Function Sawhorse the best sawhorse based on its versatility, endurance, and power.
Whether it is in your workshop, in the garage, or in your garden, this sawhorse will provide a stable and sturdy surface, entailing both the sawhorse and a work table in its sleek body.
There are some other convenient features that no other sawhorse has, such as the engraved measuring chart and a large storage shelf.
All in all, with the WORX Pegasus Sawhorse, you will get the best quality and the best-looking sawhorse for a low price, and that’s what accounts for its win.
If you’re aiming for something else, feel free to pick out your favorite from today’s list, as you can have confidence in your decision with any of these sawhorses.
We hope that our review has spared you some cash and helped you find the best sawhorse for your needs!