Top 3 Best Pasta Pots 2020:
- Top Pick: All-Clad E414S6 Stainless Steel Pasta Pot and Insert Cookware, 6-Quart, Silver
- Runner-Up: Cuisinart 77-412 Chef’s Classic Stainless 4-Piece 12-Quart Pasta/Steamer Set
- Budget Pick: Bialetti 07265 Oval 5 Quart Pasta Pot with Strainer Lid, Nonstick, 1, Black
Cooking up some delicious pasta is always a great change of pace for dinner. Of course, to make great pasta you need a fantastic pot to put it in. With the multitude of options on the market today, it is no surprise that many people suffer analysis paralysis when looking at all their options.
To help you get out there and start cooking, we have created this pasta pot buying guide in order to make the choice much simpler. We’ll dive into the top 5 pasta pots and determine which of them is ultimately the best choice and greatest value for the consumer.
Things To Look For When Buying The Best Pasta Pot
While all pasta pots are made differently, there are a few common factors to look out for when determining if a pot is quality or not. Things like the material it is made of, heat resistance, and how easy they are to clean all come into play no matter which pot you are considering.
- Pasta pots come in a variety of sizes and are made from a few different materials. It stands to reason that the larger the pot the more pasta you will be able to cook at once. Of course, this also means it will heat up slower and require more time to clean.
- As for the material, choosing stainless steel is your best bet whenever possible. It will affect the flavor of your food the least and isn’t coated with harmful chemicals in order to strengthen it. Stainless steel may start to look discolored after using it for a while you can use an abrasive cleaner to scrub the surface back to its original color.
2. Heat Resistance
- Different recipes require various cooking temperatures in order to turn out the best. Consider what you plan to make when looking at the various pasta pots on the market. If you find one that is suited well for the temperature range you need then you are one step closer to finding the perfect pot for you. Getting the pot really hot is a great way to keep the food from sticking as well. If you want to make your life easier, get a pot with the most heat resistance you can possibly find so you won’t even need to worry about this factor.
3. Will It Stick?
- Each pot has a different surface that may be prone to getting sticky if not properly maintained. Some pots are advertised as preventing stickiness from accumulating after each meal. Not only does a sticky pot add to your workload, but it can adversely affect the flavor of your meal. To reduce the likelihood of food sticking, heat up the pot and apply oil to the surface. Oil makes the steel static which will keep it from sticking for a short while.
4. Is It Easy To Clean?
- Cleaning your pot thoroughly after each meal is a vital step to keeping it looking brand new for as long as possible. Since they are often too big to fit in the dishwasher, scrubbing it down by hand is required to get the best effect. A large internal space will make it easier to reach into every crevice and get the hardest to reach spots with your cloth. Take a look at the internal structure of each pot to make sure there won’t be any spots that are almost impossible to reach when scrubbing.
- Even the best pots require some special treatment to stay sparkling. Water stains occur no matter what if you don’t completely dry your pot after washing. If these stains do crop up, add some baking soda to a damp sponge in order to get them out. The longer you leave them to sit the more durable each stain will be. When calcium builds up it can start to produce white spots all over the pot. Fill it with water and vinegar and boil this mixture. Once it is cooled, you should have no problem scrubbing off those pesky white blemishes.
See Also: The Best Meal Prep Bag
5 Best Pasta Pots In 2020: Detailed Reviews
This pot by Bialetti comes in black, red, pink, and raspberry purple. Curiously enough, the pink and purple variants cost much more than the black and red. Since they function exactly the same, going with the black or red just makes the most sense unless you absolutely have to have a specific color to match the rest of your cookware.
This pot features an Italian design style that looks very sleek in the light. The Bialetti brand is a staple in Italy because of its elegant visual style and durable products. You can easily cook up all manner of pasta, potatoes, and vegetables of your choosing. It has a volume of 5 quartz and the oval design makes it incredibly simple to work with. The heat resistant handles are great since you can take it off the stove and move it around without needing to put on oven mitts. The strainer lid makes it a breeze to pour out all of the water once your food has been successfully boiled.
The PFOA surface prevents food from sticking to the sides of this pot. It is very easy to clean by hand but isn’t safe to put in the dishwasher. It also isn’t oven safe so make sure to use your stovetop when cooking with this device. The surface itself is comprised of aluminum that makes for a quick and even heating. This makes it great for beginners as it is harder to overcook various parts of the pasta. The Teflon coating helps keep the pot looking good as new for many years. In fact, this particular model boasts a five year warranty as long as you hand wash it each and every time.
Overall, this pot is a great choice for someone who wants a simple yet reliable pot to teach either their children or beginners how to cook pasta. There is little maintenance required and getting in the habit of hand washing every time is a great way to keep all of your kitchen tools looking as sharp as possible.
This pot has a brilliant silver color that reflects light and looks glorious on the counter. Cooks Standard always delivers a quality piece of cookware that gets the job done well. It sports a massive 12 quarts of space in the stockpot and stands at 14.8 inches tall. It can handle more than two pounds of noodles at once with this behemoth. You can easily cook for large gatherings and still have plenty of leftovers for the rest of the week. There are steamer and pasta inserts that easily stack to accommodate a variety of foods.
The sides are comprised of 18-10 stainless steel that helps retain the flavor of all your meals. The bottom is made of aluminum to help the heat distribute evenly during a boil. The deep steamer insert holds more pasta than you will ever need and can double as a strainer when it’s time to drain the water. The handles are riveted for maximum durability and comfort when moving this massive pot. The stainless steel lid keeps the heat and moisture from escaping your noodles.
Overall, this pot is best for managing massive quantities of noodles in a short span of time. If you are having a party or own a restaurant, this is a great choice for entertaining as many hungry people as possible. It is highly durable and will last a long time as long as it is properly cleaned after each use.
Cuisinart’s track record of amazing quality products continues with this pasta pot. While it only comes in silver, it has an elegant look that will surely turn a few heads as they pass through your kitchen. Being a massive pot that serves up 12 quarts of food at once helps too. The bottom provides perfect heat distribution with its aluminum base layer. The stainless steel sides are great for maintaining moisture and keeping the flavor pure.
The surface of this spot resists discoloration which is a problem in many similar stainless steel pots. This versatile piece of equipment is great to bust out whenever you have a specific cooking style in mind. It works best for slow simmers, rolling boils, or the reduction of liquids. The cool grip handle keeps the heat at bay so you can safely move the pot without mitts or gloves. The additional helper handle is great for stabilizing and balancing large quantities of pasta or chili.
The rim is tapered to prevent liquid from dripping down the side as you pour. The flavor locking lid is great for those who like to cook in healthier ways. You can easily steam most foods without worrying about heat or moisture escaping out of the top. One feature that is quite rare is the ability for it to be cleaned in a dishwasher. You can set and forget it without worrying about a loss in shininess on the outside.
In the end, this pot is fantastic for those who want a great value for their money. It is extremely durable and will last for quite a long time. If you have had trouble maintaining a pasta pot in the past then check out this model that is guaranteed to hold up much better in the long run.
4. Rachael Ray Hard-Anodized Nonstick 8-Quart Covered Oval Pasta Pot with Pour Spout, Gray with Orange Handles
This pasta pot from world renown chef Rachel Ray comes in either a five or eight quarts variety. Like most of her cookware, it is driven by solutions to the most common problems faced by those making meals in the kitchen. The anodized outer layer of this pot not only looks stylish but provides the maximum amount of flavor profiles to come through.
It features incredibly strong construction and is designed to heat all parts of the food evenly. No longer will your pasta have hotspots that taste like it was overcooked or burnt. The rubberized orange handles are double riveted to provide the most comfort and heat resistance possible. Even the shakiest of hands can transport there dish while keeping the pot stable. The oval shape helps it take up less space so your stove or counter will have ample room for other things.
As for cleanup, the nonstick interior makes it incredibly easy to scrub down by hand. You can even place it in your dishwasher safe if you are out of time or just enjoy the convenience. The anodized exterior prevents stains and other discoloration from occurring over time. The lifetime warranty is an excellent backup in case something does go wrong. That being said, a warranty that long usually shows the manufacturer has utmost faith in their product.
This pasta pot is an excellent choice for anyone who dreads the cleanup process after the end of a long cooking session. It is easily cleaned by both hand and machine without much strife. Plus, you can rest assured that if you miss a spot it won’t permanently stain the equipment.
This pot comes in only silver but looks great when next to most other cookware in the kitchen. It holds up to 6 quarts which isn’t as much as others on this list but is ultimately easier to carry because of it. The perforated insert makes it easy to drain the water once your noodles are boiled. The polished stainless steel finish is single ply and keeps the food tasting great. The aluminum base is perfect for distributing heat throughout the meal.
The insert can also be used to make other foods such as steamed vegetables or meat. You can even add seasoning to augment the flavor of the dish to your liking. It has 4 quarts worth of space so just about anything is possible. It resists heat up to 600 degrees Fahrenheit and is perfectly safe to use in a broiler. Just be sure to use your mitts when handling it as it does get extremely hot at those temperatures.
The heavy gauge steel makes it very easy to clean by hand and it is safe to put in the dishwasher. It also has a lifetime warranty which is indicative of how well made this piece of cookware is. All-Clad prides itself in their exception metalworking and it shows in the impressive construction of this pot.
If you want the most durable pot by far then go with the All-Clad. This thing is built to last and you can really feel the difference in build quality when you compare it with the other pots on this list side by side. It is truly crafted by people who take a lot of pride in their work and desire to bring their best foot forward in whatever they do.
Conclusion – What Is The Best Pasta Pot?
After reviewing all the candidates, we have to choose the All-Clad stainless steel pot as clearly the best choice for the most amount of users.
It has the most durable construction and the resistance to heat is simply unmatched. You can heat up the pot to such a degree that nothing will stick to the surface. The 6 quart capacity is more than enough to allow the noodles to swim around without brushing up to forcefully against the sides.
Finally, it is very easy to clean and can even be thrown in the dishwasher if you don’t want to scrub it by hand. Plus, the lifetime warranty ensures you will never need to search for another model again. This makes it the best all around pasta pot you can currently purchase.