Top 5 Best Whip Cream Chargers 2020:
- Creamright Ultra-Pure Whip Cream Chargers
- FOMAGAS Whipped Cream Chargers
- Whip It! Whipped Cream Chargers
- Best Whip Whipped Cream Chargers
- BLUE FLAG Whip Cream Chargers
If you want to be able to produce whipped cream, you need to get a whip cream charger. It is a handy tool that has numerous benefits and can boost your catering business as well as make it easier.
We have found five best whip cream chargers you can choose from and saved you the trouble of going through the numerous brands and chargers out there. Our reviews are based on research and are sure to help you make the right choice.
Let us begin!
5 Best Whip Cream Chargers In 2020: Detailed Reviews
1. FOMAGAS Whipped Cream Chargers – Versatile & long-lasting
FOMAGAS company has a long tradition, a good reputation, and years of experience in the business. It uses the state of the art technology to produce the chargers of the highest quality.
All the chargers are thoroughly cleaned from any traces of industrial oil for your safety and quality standards. The whipped cream tastes nice and clean and has no odor that might bother you. It has a better flavor than any canned whipped cream you can buy from the store.
Every charger contains about 8g of food-grade N2O and can produce 0.5 liters of whipped cream. FOMAGAS chargers can be used with all standard 8g whip cream makers.
They allow you to make fluffy yet firm home-made whipped cream to decorate desserts, make hot chocolate & mixed drinks, or put on top of your coffee or ice-cream. You‚ll get a satisfying capacity for a reasonable price.
The closure system does not allow the gas to leak and thus guarantees that the life span of the cartridge is long.
- Reasonably priced
- Made by a reputable company
- Meets all safety and quality standards
- Compatible with all standard whip cream makers
- Some chargers in the set did not work.
2. Best Whip Whipped Cream Chargers – High-purity food-grade N2O
Best Whip is yet another popular and reputable brand, and their whipped cream chargers are appreciated among professionals and home users alike for their reliability and quality. We have tested a set of 120 chargers that contain 8g of nitrous oxide each.
The Best Whip chargers are compatible with most cream whippers you can find on the market. They meet all the food-grade standards, including ISO 9001 and NSF/ANSI 18, and they have a German tüv-mark certificate.
These high-quality chargers contain high-purity food-grade nitrous oxide (N2O) that ensures excellent taste and no bad odor. Your desserts will taste delicious no matter what you are making. They can be used at your home or any food service or restaurant. They last quite long.
On the downside, we have noticed that some chargers leave an oily residue in the dispenser. It does not happen often, but may be a health concern.
- A popular brand you can trust
- Universal fit chargers
- Made in a state-of-the-art certified facility to meet high standards
- 120 count ideal for high volume food service applications
- Clean tasting whip cream with no odor
- Some chargers leave oils residue
3. Whip It! Whipped Cream Chargers – 100% recyclable chargers made of steel
The Whip It! brand has a long tradition as it was invented in the 1950s in Switzerland. We have tested a set of twenty-four chargers. Each of them contains 8g of high-quality nitrous oxide. The gas qualifies as food-grade but also corresponds to the “Swiss medical standard,” which is the highest in the world.
Chargers are made from 100% recyclable steel and can be cleaned with solvent at least a couple of times without being at least affected. They are compatible with almost any cream whipper or dispenser you can buy on the market today, so you’ll have no trouble finding a match.
You should use one charger per pint or approximately 500 ml. They do not alter the taste or smell of your whipped cream in any way.
The chargers are reasonably priced. The only minor issue we have encountered is that they are a bit difficult to pierce.
- Highest quality medical-grade nitrous oxide
- Made out of 100% steel
- Compatible with almost any cream whipper brand in the market
- Reasonably priced
- Cartridges are a bit difficult to pierce
4. Creamright Ultra-Pure Whip Cream Chargers – Ultra-pure nitrous oxide made in Europe
Creamright Ultra-Pure whip cream chargers are the highest quality made by a company based in Austria. They are produced in one of the most modern facilities in Europe and meet all the needed standards.
The package we have tested contains 240 chargers with a capacity of 8g. It is more than enough for any home or light commercial use. Due to their long shelf-life, you can use them within five years and will surely not waste them.
The chargers are compatible with all standard 8g whip cream makers so you can combine them with any brand of the dispenser you may have. The company guarantees that each cartridge contains at least 8g of purest nitrous oxide made in either France or Belgium.
All cartridges are sealed and electronically weighed. For extra protection, they are coated with high build paint. Your whipped cream will have no altered taste or odor whatsoever. These chargers might cost a bit more than some other economical brands but are well worth it.
- Produced in Europe
- The shelf life of a minimum of 5 years
- No off-taste or smell
- Compatible with all whipped cream makers
- Coated with high build paint for extra safety and protection
- A bit more expensive than some other brands
5. BLUE FLAG Whip Cream Chargers – Food-grade chargers made of 100% recyclable stainless steel
BLUE FLAG whip cream chargers contain 8 grams of food-grade Nitrous Oxide, and each of them can produce 0.5 liters (approximately 2 cups) of delicious whipped cream. We have tested a package of twenty-four cartridges that can be used to enjoy freshly made whipped cream at the comfort of your home.
Thanks to the fact that these cartridges are made in proprietary facilities, they contain no metal fragments nor leave any oily residue. They are entirely safe and will not alter the flavor of your cream or introduce any odor.
BLUE FLAG canisters are widely compatible with all standard 8g cream whippers; you should have no trouble using them with whatever brand you already own. They are easy to set up and use too.
The nitrous oxide is of the highest quality and purity, while the canisters are made from 100% recyclable stainless steel. Customer support is highly supportive if you experience any issue with this product.
- High quality
- No metal fragments nor oily substance
- Do not introduce odors or foul taste to your whipped cream.
- Easy to install
- Compatible with all 8-gram cream whippers on the market
- Quality assurance system
- Customer support
- Made in China
What Is A Whip Cream Charger?
Whip cream chargers, also known as whippits or whippets, are steel cartridges or cylinders filled with nitrous oxide (N2O). The primary role of these cartridges is to be used as whipping agents in whip cream dispensers.
The cartridges feature a narrowed tip on one end and a rounded one on the opposite side. The narrow end has a foil covering that needs to be broken in order to release the contained gas.
Most often, a sharp pin inside the whip cream dispenser has the role in breaking the foil covering.
The cartridges are typically about little over six centimeters long and little less than two centimeters wide. The wall has to be at least two millimeters thick in order to withstand the high pressure of the contained gas.
If you are good at math, you might have already calculated that the cylinders’ interior volume is around 10cm2. Most brands of whip chargers contain 8 g of N2O under pressure.
Unfortunately, once used, these cartridges cannot be refilled. On the brighter note, they can be recycled if you can find a steel recycling program nearby.
What Is Nitrous Oxide?
- Whip chargers are filled with nitrous oxide (N2O), popularly known as laughing gas. Nitrous oxide is sometimes used in dentistry and widely accepted as an oxidizer for hybrid rocket engines. It is also a popular recreational drug.
- The logical question is, is it safe?
- If you use it moderately and follow the proposed safety measures, you should be just fine. If used excessively, or too often, nitrous oxide can make you feel dizzy, sedated, or even cause death.
What Are The Safety Measures You Need To Follow When Using A Whip Cream Charger?
- Use only one charge in a ½ liter or ¼ liter whipper.
- In soda siphons, use two charges in 1 liter.
- Do not try to pierce the sealing cap of the cream charger without the proper equipment.
- Never keep the cream charger cartridges at children’s reach.
- Never dispose of full chargers.
- Store the chargers in a cool place and away from open flames.
Why Is Nitrous Oxide Used In Whipped Cream?
- You might be asking yourself why the potentially lethal Nitrous Oxide is used in whipped cream in the first place. The answer is quite simple; there is no alternative solution. Or better to say, nothing is nearly as good as it.
- Nitrous oxide does not only work as a propellant to get whipped cream out of the can but also has an essential role in preserving the whipped cream. If we were to use oxygen (O2), the cream would be spoiled almost as soon as it is made.
- Moreover, and most importantly, one nitrous oxide cream charger will expand half a liter of whipping cream to 1.5 liters. Thus, you will have a far higher volume than you could ever get from mechanical whipping. Plus, the whipped cream will be much denser and more delicious.
What Are The Benefits Of Whip Cream Chargers?
Restaurants, hotels, and catering services can significantly benefit from the use of whipped cream chargers. They are needed to make all sorts of creams that will make your delicacies more appealing to both the eye and the palate. Still, that is not the only benefit of whip cream chargers. Here is the detailed list:
- They are environmentally friendly since they can be either appropriately disposed of or recycled.
- They are affordable
- They last a long time.
- They allow you to make any cream of your choice at any given time.
- They allow you to make fresh and more healthy cream than that you can buy in the supermarkets.
- They make the making of creams for deserts both easier and faster.
What Should You Consider When Shopping For The Best Whip Cream Charger?
There are numerous brands of whip cream chargers to buy out there. You should find the one that will serve your needs the best as well as last for a long time.
Here are the things you should put into consideration:
- You need to consider the purpose of the whip cream charger above all the other things. If you are a professional user, your needs and expectations will undoubtedly be much higher than that of a person who is buying a charger for in-home use only. In that case, you should not mind the cost as quality comes at a price.
- It is best to buy a whip cream charger compatible with all standard 8 g nitrous oxide cream makers. If you do that, you can use a charger with different brands of cream whippers.
- The best whip cream charger should be easy to set up and use without any help.
- Cartridges, although typically of the same capacity, come in different sets that can contain anywhere from 24 to 300 cartridges. A set of 24 cartridges is enough for home use, while the sets that contain 120 cartridges are intended for commercial use.
- Not all whip cream chargers are recyclable, and you need to consider that before buying one.
6. Responsive lever
- When shopping for the best one, an easy-to-push responsive lever, and your comfort level when holding and using the whip cream charger are both contributing factors.
- There are numerous brands of whipped cream chargers to choose from, and that is sometimes overwhelming and confusing. Consult our top five list for top brands.
8. Food Grade Nitrous Oxide
Nitrous oxide falls under two categories according to its intended use:
- pharmaceutical nitrous oxide used for medical purposes
- food grade pure nitrous oxide used in the catering industry
Our focus is only on the food-grade nitrous oxide.
You should now be well prepared to make an informed decision and choose the best whip cream charger for your needs.
In our humble opinion, you cannot go wrong with any of the products from our top five list, but we still give a slight advantage to Creamright Ultra-Pure Whip Cream Chargers. We really had trouble finding anything to complain about while we used those to prepare delicious creamy treats.
No matter what your final choice might be, remember to use the NO2 cartridges responsibly as to avoid dizziness or any other health or safety issues.