Top 5 Best Electric Wine Openers 2021:
- Secura Electric Wine Opener
- Oster Cordless Electric Wine Bottle Opener
- Ozeri OW02A-B Nouveaux Electric Wine Opener
- iTronics IC700 Electric Wine Opener
- Vremi Electric Wine Opener Set
The most wonderful time of the year is ahead of us. It is gifting season, and this article comes just in time to help you out if you are in doubt about what to buy for your friends, family, or your significant other.
Remember how stressful and messy it can be to open up a bottle of wine with the regular old fashion manual corkscrew? So why wouldn’t you be a good sport and end the misery with a simple gift? The answer is an electric wine opener.
This invention is a god’s gift. Imagine coming home tired and craving a glass of wine to relax, and all you need to do is align your electric wine opener with the bottleneck, and press a single button. And voila, the bottle is magically open without any spilling or you investing a trace of effort to pull the cork out. Now all you need to do is put your feet up and enjoy your relaxing session.
So if this sounds tempting to you, please continue to read my best electric wine opener article and choose the right model to surprise the people you care about.
What Is Electric Wine Opener And What You Should Consider When Buying One?
I’m sure there is no need for me to explain to you what is an electrical wine opener. I would say it is an “enhanced” regular wine opener, more suitable for older people or people that have strength problems (like arthritis) with their hands.
It is great for catering to a big dinner party because it will allow you to open a larger amount of bottles perfectly each time without having sore hands and cramping fingers. While using this type of wine opener, you will be more efficient, and you will remain stress-free.
Of course, before you purchase an electric wine opener, there are few factors that you may consider first. So let’s begin.
- The perfect height should be in a range from 9 to 11 inches, and the weight will be between 1 and 2 lbs so it can be portable; and the corkscrew size should be around 1.75 inches. If the corkscrew size is smaller than this, then you risk tearing the cork apart. And if you intend to use this wine opener more frequently and carry it around even when you travel, then choosing the smaller model is a better idea.
- Different models offer you different capacities; some models can open up to 30 bottles in one single charge, while other, stronger ones can even go beyond 80. This feature depends mainly on your preferences.
- Make sure the electric wine opener can fit in your hand perfectly. You must be able to contain a firm grip from the beginning ‘till the end. Most of the models are made from stainless steel and equipped with some kind of protective coating for more comfortable use.
4. Power Source
- Some models come with built-in rechargeable batteries, while some use ordinary ones. Both are great choices, but the rechargeable ones are a better choice in the long run, and they only require the electric outlet. If you plan to use your electric wine opener while traveling or during the summer picnics on the beach, you may consider purchasing the one that runs on regular batteries.
- Do you want a wine opener that can stand alone, or it needs a unit base? Do you want it to have an LED light battery level indicator? And most importantly, do you want it to have a built-in foil cutter or the separate foil cutter that can be stored in the unit base?
- Some models come with additional equipment like wine pourer and wine stopper. All those are common questions you need to answer before deciding to buy one.
- If you decide to buy an electric wine opener as a gift, you must consider how is it going to be used. Is that person going to use it frequently, or it will be used on a regular basis? The capacity and the power source are very important features when buying this opener as a gift.
5 Best Electric Wine Openers In 2021: Detailed Reviews
If you are looking for a straightforward and modern looking electric wine opener, you are at the right place. Secura electric wine opener will impress you with its durable stainless steel construction and light weight at the same time.
This model comes with a charging base, a built-in rechargeable battery, and a separate foil cutter. The foil cutter fits right in the charging base so you will not lose it easily. The battery life span is impressive; you can easily open up to 30 bottles in a single go before you need to recharge it again (this will take from 6 to 8 hours, though). But, the battery is not replaceable, so if the opener stops working altogether, you will need to replace the unit entirely.
The modern design will guarantee a firm grip, and the transparent bottom will allow you to monitor the cork during the removal process. You will find it is effortless to control this wine opener; just press down to enter and remove the cork and up to release the cork from the screw. And just like that, within 6 seconds, your bottle is open. The LED light shines light blue during the use or while it’s charging.
This wine opener can extract even the synthetic corks, and it is less noisy than other models during this process, which for me, is a big plus.
- Lightweight and easy to use
- Made from stainless steel
- Modern design
- Comes with a foil cutter and rechargeable battery with a great life span
- Less noisy than other models
- The rechargeable battery can’t be replaced
When I first encountered this wine opener, I was astonished by its simple and sophisticated design. The ergonomic design will allow you a firm grip. It is very modest in dimensions so it can fit even in the overcrowded kitchens and bars. And it is cordless and lightweight, so it is convenient for you to carry it around without a problem.
This model comes with a charging base and a foil cutter. The battery can withstand opening 30 bottles of wine with a single charge. To fully charge it again, you will need approximately 8 hours. The bad side of the battery is that it’s built-in, so if it breaks down, you can’t fix your wine opener. Still, this is a modern appliance which means you won’t need to worry about it.
To control the opener, you only need to press the switch up or down. But, unfortunately, it is not powerful like other models, so you may have to consider tugging it a little bit to finish up the job. Many users complained about how the unit does not have enough power to extract the cork out properly.
The LED light on top of your wine opener and the power light on your base will indicate to you when your wine opener is recharged and ready for use. This wine opener is suitable for use with natural and synthetic corks.
- Lightweight and small
- Comes with foil cutter
- Easy to control
- An LED light indicates when the unit is fully recharged
- Suitable for natural and synthetic corks
- The battery can’t be replaced
- Not powerful enough
This electric wine opener has a simple, curved, and elegant design that will impress your guests for sure while, allowing a firm grip. The transparent shell will help you entertain your guests because it will enable them to observe the cork removal process.
First of all, it is very lightweight and straightforward to use. This model uses two control buttons, one to pop out the cork from the wine bottle and the second button to slide the cork from the screw easily. This wine opener is cordless and uses rechargeable batteries. You can open up to 40 bottles with just one recharge! And the battery only needs 8 hours to be fully recharged and ready to use.
There are a few more features I would like to mention. The chrome top not only gives the finishing touch to the elegant design of this wine opener – it can also be removed and used as a foil cutter. So you can always be sure you won’t lose your foil cutter because it is attached to the wine opener.
This opener also stands on its own without a separate base. Remember that transparent shell I mentioned before? Well, it glows with a soft blue light when you put it in use or on the charger, and that makes it all a lot more fun. Also, the wine pourer and wine stopper are included in this package.
The only thing that might annoy you is that this wine opener is a bit too loud compared to others, but don’t let that be a deal-breaker for you.
- Lightweight and straightforward to use
- Elegant design
- Comes with foil cutter
- Rechargeable and can open 40 bottles in a single go
- Louder than most other models
This is a very solid and powerful wine opener that comes at a great price. It has a sleek modern design that will fit your hand perfectly, but it is recommended to use this wine opener with both hands for additional security.
The wine opener is equipped with a single built-in rechargeable lithium battery. You can easily charge it using the USB cable that comes within the package. You will find the charging jack at the side of the unit. With a single charge, this wine opener can pop up between 80 and 100 bottles, which is by far the most valuable feature of this particular model.
The unit base doubles as a foil cutter, so you won’t misplace it even if you are in a rush! Just a single push of the button and your wine bottle will be opened in a quick 7 seconds – ain’t that fast or what? The LED indicator light is located at the top of the opener and will let you know when it’s time to remove it from the charger. The wine opener works better with natural corks then with synthetic.
- Solid and powerful
- Modern design
- Charging with a USB cable
- Opening capacity is 80 to 100 bottle
- LED indicator
- The foil cutter doubles as a base
- The battery is not removable
- Must be used with both hands
- Works better with natural corks then with synthetic
If you have a wine enthusiast among your friends, this premium quality electric wine opener set can be a great gift. The set contains an electric wine opener, a charging base with a USB cord, a foil cutter, and a wine pourer.
This opener has a modern round design, it is made from stainless steel, but the thing that makes it different from others is that the body is covered with ABS coating to provide you a better grip. The shell is transparent at the bottom so you can monitor and control the corkscrew depth during the process without difficulties.
The wine opener is fully automated, so it is very straightforward to use. You only need to slide the switch up or down for effortless opening. It is suitable to use with both natural and synthetic corks. The only thing that can be problematic is a wine pourer; it seems like it can’t fit perfectly in all the bottles so that you may occur frequent drippings.
The built-in battery can’t be removed if broke down. This wine opener can withstand 30 openings in a single charge and will take only 6 hours to be fully recharged again. You can easily monitor the battery level thanks to an LED light indicator.
- Comes in set with charging base, foil cutter, and a wine pourer
- Use a USB cord to charge
- Round modern design
- Body covered with ABS coating for better grip
- Effortless use
- LED light battery level indicator
- Battery can’t be removed
- Wine pourer not suitable with all wine bottles
The Final Word – My Top 3 Picks
If you decide to purchase the electric wine opener, I can guarantee you that you will open bottles faster and smoother in one single move. And for sure, there will be no risk of serving the wine with annoying cork bits that can often happen when using the regular wine opener because they are suitable with all types of corks.
Best Overall Value: Secura Electric Wine Opener
- This wine opener has an eye-catching design, it is easy to use, and highly functional. You will be able to remove the cork from your bottle within seconds, and it comes with rechargeable batteries. This model will also make a great gift for any wine lover, and it will serve them for years to come.
Best Budget Option: iTronics IC700 Electric Wine Opener
- If you require the best value for the price, then this electric wine opener is a perfect fit for you. It is modern, fast, and has an amazing capacity; you can open up somewhere between 80 and 100 bottles in a single charge! It is also very convenient because the foil cutter doubles up as a unit base. It is a great gift for people that work in the catering industry.
Premium Pick: Ozeri OW02A-B Nouveaux Electric Wine Opener
- The price of this electric wine opener is similar to most of the models on the market today, but what distinguishes it from others is its premium quality and elegant design. It is straightforward to use, can open up to 60 bottles of wine in a single charge, and it comes with a foil cutter, wine pourer, and a wine stopper, so you are set to go.