Top 5 Best Built-In Grills 2021:
- Lion Premium Grills L75623 32” Natural Gas Grill
- Blaze 34” Professional Grill BLZ-3PRO-NG
- Coyote C-Series 28-Inch 2-Burner Built-in Grill C1C28NG
- Napoleon Prestige 500 Built-in Gas Grill BIP500RBNSS-3
- TEC Patio FR 44-Inch Built-In Infrared Gas Grill
Making barbeque is an art form. Some people experiment with it, some take it very seriously, but almost everyone enjoys the final product.
For most people, a regular grill is all they need. It does the job well.
However, if you’re a grill fanatic and want to practice your craft on the daily, a builtin grill should be your tool of choice.
Not only will a builtin gas grill bring your grilling skills to the next level, but it will also be the crown jewel of your outdoor kitchen.
This is why you need the best builtin grill you can afford!
A built-in grill is a serious investment and should last you for years to come, and most importantly, perform differently from the traditional stand-alone version in that they’re made to sit in your outdoor kitchen counter perfectly. Otherwise, all your hard work and money might’ve been for nothing.
This is why it’s essential to pick the best built-in grill for your needs. Unfortunately, choosing the right model can quickly turn into a nightmare because the market is flooded with seemingly samey products.
You shouldn’t worry, though. We’re here! In this article, you can check out our in-depth reviews of the five best built-in grills you can find on the market.
And if you end up not agreeing with our selection, you can still learn how to pick the best model for your needs by reading our short guide!
See Also: The Best Grill Cover
5 Best Built-In Grills In 2021: Detailed Reviews
Before we get into the guide, you can check out our list of five best built-in grills on the market.
We made sure to include a wide variety of models suited for everyone pocket.
1. Lion Premium Grills L75623 32” Natural Gas Grill – Editor’s Choice
The first place on our list goes to a built-in grill that’s large, versatile and excellent in every other area. If you’re a fan of quality grills, you should check out Lion Premium Grills L75623 32” Natural Gas Grill. Let’s go more in-depth!
The first thing we noticed about this gas grill is its massive cooking area. This grill features a whopping 830 square inches of cooking area. With this much space, you can grill just about anything you can think of.
Furthermore, the cooking area is broken up into four distinct cooking areas so you can cook four different meals at once. And on top of that this in-built grill also comes with an infrared back burner so you can prepare whatever you like in any way you want it with no problems.
The Lion Grill features four gas burners each capable of churning out 15.000 BTUs of heat. This means it has a near-perfect heat distribution of almost 100 BTU per square inch.
In addition to the massive cooking area and superb heat distribution, this built-in gas grill comes with a griddle pan and a rotisserie attachment. With this grill, you’ll be able to bring your A-game the second you install it.
Lastly, we have to compliment the construction quality. The whole grill is made out of durable, double thick stainless steel ensuring it will last you for decades to come.
- Massive cooking area
- Near-perfect heat distribution
- Comes with a griddle pan and a rotisserie
- Absolutely none
2. Blaze 34” Professional Grill BLZ-3PRO-NG – Best High-End In-built Grill
The second place on our list goes to one of the best in-built grills on the market, the Blaze Professional BLZ-3PRO-NG. Contrary to its name, you don’t have to be a professional to be able to use the Blaze Professional grill, but you’ll surely feel like a grill master when using it!
The main reason why this grill is aimed towards professional chefs is that it has heat zone separators that allow you to grill veggies and meat all at once, even if it requires different temperature. These heat separators save you a ton of time because you don’t have to hover over the grill as you cook hamburgers, corn on the cob and potatoes all at the same time. See Also: The Best Potato Masher
We especially like cooking rods. They’re built out of 304-grade stainless steel and feature a thick hexagonal design that ensures a phenomenal sear. Combine that with a whopping 816-inches of cooking area, and you’ll be able to grill just about anything you can think of!
The burners are just as impressive as the rest of this in-built grill. They’re cast out of stainless steel and can churn out a total of 54.000 BTUs. On top of that, the burners also feature heavy-duty flame tamers that stabilize the flame and keep flare-ups at minimum.
- Extremely high-quality
- Features individual cooking zones
- Massive cooking area
- Excellent heat distribution
- Requires some time to master
3. Coyote C-Series 28-Inch 2-Burner Built-in Grill C1C28NG – Best Entry Level Built-In Grill
We understand that not everyone has a couple of thousand of dollars to invest in an in-built grill. And you don’t have to spend that much money to be able to enjoy top-notch grilling! The Coyote C-Series is your best choice if you’re on a tight budget.
This in-built grill is quite unique for its size. It’s smaller than the previous two models we reviewed, as it’s only 28-inches and has only two burners. However, the durable design and 304-grade stainless steel construction help this in-built grill stand out in its class.
This grill also features Infinity burners. These unique burners are cast out of stainless steel to ensure intense heat and superb durability. These burners are quite rare in grills of this price range.
The grill box itself features continuously welded edges that are polished to perfection. This ensures this in-built grill will last you for years to come.
When it comes to heat distribution, this grill features heat control grids that evenely distribute the heat. On top of that, this grill also comes with an integrated thermometer and heat control. Thanks to this feature, you’ll be able to perfectly cook your meat.
- Built out of 304 stainless steel
- Integrated thermometer
- Excellent heat distribution
- A bit small
4. Napoleon Prestige 500 Built-in Gas Grill BIP500RBNSS-3 – Best Built-In Grill For Beginners
If you’re a beginner or just have a modest budget, you might like our fourth pick. The Napoleon Prestige 500 is small, affordable, and packs more power than its size might suggest.
The main reason why we included this in-built grill in our top list is that it comes with a couple of unique features you don’t usually see in this price range. For instance, the lid is a roll-top with double lining. Thanks to this lid, you can turn this gas grill into an oven!
This gas grill also comes with an Accu-Probe temperature gauge so you can always keep an eye on the temperature of the dish you’re cooking.
On top of excellent temperature control, this gas grill also makes perfect sears. The Prestige 500 sear plates are built out of stainless steel, which is not just suitable for sear marks, but also for even heat distribution and minimizing flare-ups.
Ther rear of this grill is a host for an infrared rotisserie which means you can slowly roast any type of meat and end up with a restaurant-grade meal!
The 4 burners can produce a whopping 48,000 BTUs of heat, which is quite impressive for an entry-level gas grill. On top of that you get 760 square inches of cooking area, which is enough for almost anything you can think of.
- Excellent heat control and distribution
- Features an infrared rotisserie
- A bit too small for some
- Some parts are not made out of stainless steel
5. TEC Patio FR 44-Inch Built-In Infrared Gas Grill – Best Infrared Built-In Grill
The last place in our list goes to one of the more interesting grills on the market. If you’re aching to try out an infrared grill on more than just a single rear burner, then you should definitely check out TEC Patio.
The first thing we were impressed by is the price. Compared to other built-in grills, this grill is priced right down the middle. And any time you can spend less than four grand on a permanent, high-end outdoor grill, you’re getting an excellent deal!
The TEC Patio offers a 100% infrared cooking experience. What this means is that your food will remain juicy and utterly delicious. Meats, and even veggies that cook on an infrared surface keep much more of their natural juices, which means they’ll have a more rich flavour.
The TEC Patio also comes with radiant panels of glass that reduce flare-ups and help evenly distribute the heat. While on the topic of heat, this grill has a temperature range of 200-900 degrees Fahrenheit which means you can both sear your meat and cook it on a low temperature.
On top of all this, this grill is also incredibly durable. Built out of 304-grade stainless steel, the TEC Patio will endure any type of harsh weather and will last you for years!
- Features infrared burners
- Easy to use
- Reasonably priced
- No drip pan
What Are In-Built Grills And Why You Should Buy One?
Before we teach you what factors you should consider when buying a built-in grill, let’s first learn what they are and why you need one.
So, what are built-in grills?
A built-in grill is just what you think they are. This type of grill is similar to traditional stand-alone grill, but with a couple of differences. For starters, this type of grill is intended to be a part of your custom outdoor kitchen counter or island. And secondly, they use gas instead of charcoal as fuel.
Now that you know what a built-in barbecue grill is, let’s learn why you should get one.
If you’re a serious barbecue-person, a built-in gas grill saves you space and time. This is even truer if you prefer a barbecue over a stove since this kitchenware can perform the same functions.
Don’t get us wrong, stand-alone grills are fantastic! They’re really convenient because you can move your grill from one spot to another.
However, having a dedicated place where everything is in its place has many advantages. For instance, you can build a dedicated prep station right next to the grill, making your barbecue experience much more convenient.
Not to mention how it can be easier to fuel a built-in gas grill since there is no need to purchase charcoal and wait for it to reach the perfect temperature. You can also connect these grills directly to a gas line, eliminating the need to replace the propane tanks every couple of months.
The built-in grill also looks good (especially when installed in a cool-looking outdoor counter) and is built to last.
You can look at built-in grills as permanent fixtures that are there to enhance your outdoor cooking experience. They give you the flexibility to design your ideal grilling station. Once you’ve picked the best model for your needs, you can start planning where you’ll place other essential elements of an outdoor kitchen like side burners, sinks, fridges, utensil drawer, spice compartment, and anything else you can think of.
See Also: The Best 2 Burner Gas Grill
Five Things You Should Consider When Buying A Built-In Grill
Now that you know what a built-in grill is and why you need one, it’s time to learn how to pick one.
So let’s take a look at the five things you should consider when browsing for a new built-in grill.
1. Consider What You Are Planning On Cooking
- Most people don’t give too much thought to what they’re planning to cook when browsing for a new built-in grill.
- This is why it’s essential to ask yourself a couple of questions. Are you planning on cooking smaller dishes like burgers, hot dogs, and stakes that need to be cooked quickly over high heat? Or are you planning on slow-cooking meats over a lower temperature? Are you planning on using the grill for both?
- Not all grills are made for all types of cooking. This is why you should go for a built-in grill capable of reaching temperatures of over 600 °F. Why? Because it’s better to have a grill that can reach high temperatures just in case.
2. Consider The Brand
- You don’t have to stick with well-known and popular brands when choosing the best built-in grill. However, it doesn’t hurt getting familiar with the brands on the market.
- Even when you run into a brand you’re familiar with, we recommend you conduct further research. You should check out the reviews and see what other grill-enthusiasts have to say about a particular model.
- By reading the testimonials and reviews, you will be able to find out which brands and grills are durable, made of quality materials, and cost-efficient.
- In most cases, it is wise to go for a model from a well-respected brand you’re familiar with, and you trust it.
3. Consider The Build Material
- When it comes to built-in grills, the sturdier they’re built, the better. This is why you’re best off with a model that’s made out of 304-grade stainless steel.
- High-grade stainless steel is more durable than regular steel, and it last way longer. On top of that, it doesn’t show its age as quickly. Unfortunately, it’s more expensive than regular stainless steel, which means it adds to the overall cost of the model. However, this is a fair tradeoff because you’ll be able to grill 10 or more years down the line.
- You’ve probably over-bought a grill before. We know we have. Most of us have. Because it seemed like a great deal and the salesman was a bit too enthusiastic.
- Many people have opted-in for a grill that’s a bit too large for what they need. That’s completely fine if it’s a stand-alone grill in question because you can just move it to a different area if it doesn’t fit where you wanted it initially.
- However, you can’t do that with a built-in grill. This type of grill simply has to fit the area you’ve designated for it. This is even more true if your barbecue nook or patio features a prep station and storage.
- This is why you should carefully measure everything before making a purchase.
5. Consider Additional Features
Most built-in grills come with the ability to upgrade or, at the very least, add different options and features. This is part of what sets these grills apart from the traditional models.
- You might not be interested in extra features, but then again, you might not realize how much use you can get out of them.
- For instance, rotisserie burners will completely change the way you cook whole chickens, ducks, turkeys. Not to mention what you can do with roast.
- If you’re interested in searing, you can find a model that comes with a dedicated ceramic burner just for that purpose.
When it comes to additional features, the world is your oyster. Pick the grill you think it will be most useful to you.
See Also: The Best Infrared Thermometer
Our Final Words
Before we let you go, let’s tally up the results!
If you’re looking for the best built-in grill, look no further than Lion Premium Grills L75623 32” Natural Gas Grill. It comes with everything you need and more. Most importantly, it comes with a massive cooking area and a near-perfect heat distribution.
If you have an unlimited budget and want to buy a high-end built-in grill, the Blaze 34” Professional Grill BLZ-3PRO-NG is your best choice. It’s built out of high-quality materials and on top of that comes with a massive cooking area.
And lastly, if you’re on a limited budget but still want to get a quality built-in grill, the Coyote C-Series 28-Inch 2-Burner Built-in Grill C1C28NG is a perfect choice for you. Not only is this grill affordable, but it’s also durable and has excellent heat distribution and a decent cooking area.