Top 5 Best Blenders For Protein Shakes 2021:
- Ninja Professional Countertop Blender
- Ninja BL456 Blender
- Nutribullet NBR-1201 High-Speed Blender
- Vitamix 5200 Blender
- Oster BLSTPB-WBL My Blend Blender
A healthy diet should be our priority. After all, we live hasty lives full of stress, and we need high-quality fuel to get through each busy day.
Shakes are a great, healthy, nutrient-packed alternative to fast food we have all grown so accustomed too. If you have weight issues or you want to prevent them, protein shakes are indispensable. They are your best allies when you fight to stay healthy and fit!
We hope that you are determined to start a protein shake diet as it is sure to provide numerous benefits for you and your loved ones. Our advice is to keep your menu varied, or you risk losing interest and slipping back into your old bad habits.
First off, equip yourself with a high-quality blender. Blenders that have both power and speed can handle more wholesome ingredients allowing you to whip up tasty and nutrient-rich protein shakes.
We have spent hours on research and testing to find you the best blender for protein shakes. If you read our buying guide and detailed reviews, you will have all the essential information to identify the best possible blender for your needs.
5 Best Blenders For Protein Shakes In 2021: Detailed Reviews
1. Nutribullet NBR-1201 High-Speed Blender – 12-piece set for protein shakes on the go
First up, we bring you the NutriBullet NBR-1201 High-Speed Blender, which is ideal for whipping up fast and easy protein shakes on the go. It is actually a 12-piece set that includes everything you need to enjoy your favorite drink wherever you want to. You will receive one tall handled cup, as well as a 24 oz and 18 oz cup. For superb mobility, you get a cup ring, a cup ring with a handle, and two resealable lids.
This reasonably-priced and highly-popular blender feature a 600-watt motor that is sure to make your protein shake smooth. A patented blade design, which includes an extractor blade and a milling blade, guarantees the extraction of all the nutrients from your chosen ingredients.
The NutriBullet NBR-1201 is so easy to use that even your kids can do it. Unfortunately, that means that there is only a one-speed setting. You should also not run it for more than one minute at a time. The plastic container is dishwasher safe, while the blades should best be washed by hand.
- Easy to use and easy to clean
- Child friendly
- The package includes a user manual, cookbook, and a pocket nutritionist
- Up to 24 oz capacity
- Extracts all valuable nutrients from food
- One-year limited warranty
- One-speed setting
- The underside of the blade is hard to wash
2. Ninja Professional Countertop Blender – High-power blender with the extra-large pitcher
The Ninja Professional Countertop Blender brings about 1100 watts of blending power, three blending speeds, and a pulse setting. If you add two 16 oz Nutri Ninja Cups with to-go lids, you can see that this unit is highly versatile and desirable. So, it had to be on our list as well!
This blender has more to offer, though. A single-serve function combined with an extra-large container enables you to make a personalized protein shake or a healthy snack for your whole family.
This unit might just have the most massive blending pitcher we have seen so far with a whopping 72 oz capacity. Luckily, you do not have to wash it by hand as both the container and the cups are dishwasher-safe and BPA-free.
Do you enjoy icy drinks? This Ninja can turn ice into snow for you, but it can create ice chunks if you prefer that too. It comes with a recipe inspiration guide if you are at a loss for your own ideas. A 6-blade assembly can handle any ingredient you can think of, but if you make thin liquid mixtures, the lid sometimes leaks.
- High power unit
- Extra-large 72 oz container
- Suitable for single servings and large batches
- Three-speed settings
- Professional quality at a reasonable price
- The lid sometimes leaks when blending very thin fluid
3. Vitamix 5200 Blender – Professional-grade blender for the most serious protein shake needs
Next up, we offer you the professional-grade Vitamin 5200 Blender. There is no doubt you will like it – it is powerful, versatile, and well-designed. However, not everyone will be able to afford it as its quality comes at a high price.
This 64 oz blender is not an average protein shake blender. It offers numerous advanced features that justify its price tag. First of all, the Vitamix 5200 features adjustable speed settings and superb aircraft-grade stainless steel blades. As a result, you can choose any ingredients and create a perfectly smooth, delicious protein shake in under one minute.
Do you like cold treats? Add any frozen ingredient, and this blender can turn it into a sorbet, ice-cream, or an icy drink. If you like it hot, you will be pleased to know that friction heat can warm up your soups or baby food without a stove-top. Do not worry about overheating as it includes thermal sensors designed to shut the unit off when needed.
We know you hate to clean up, but the Vitamix 5200 is self-cleaning, and all you need to do is add water and soap and watch it clean itself. If something goes wrong, you have a seven-year warranty and dedicated customer service at your disposal.
- 1380 watts of power (11.5 amps)
- Large 64 oz container
- Variable speed
- Can not overheat
- Suitable for both hot or cold ingredients
- Seven years of warranty and excellent customer service
- High price tag
4. Oster BLSTPB-WBL My Blend Blender – A perfect low-budget blender for an active lifestyle
The Oster My Blend Blender is two-in-one: an individual-sized blender and sports bottle. It will help you stay true to your protein-shake diet on the busiest day. It is small, lightweight, and you can use it to make your favorite protein shake anywhere.
The Oster My Blend Blender offers simple one-touch blending, and you can leave it on and return once your shake is done. It is not the strongest unit on our list, not even close, but the 250 wats of blending power will be enough for most recipes. You can count on 400 watts of power to crush ice too.
Four blades are there to cut all your ingredients into the smallest pieces, but do not expect a super-smooth, creamy texture. The good news is that the 20-oz container is both dishwasher-safe and easy to clean. The lid and the carrying hook allow you to always have it with you; it even fits most car cup holders.
It is easy to use, so even your child can give it a try. Thanks to the built-in, resettable fuse, you need not worry about overheating. Just in case something does go wrong, this product is backed up with a three-year satisfaction guarantee and a 1-year warranty.
- Budget-friendly & stylish
- Compatible with most car cup holders
- One-touch blending
- Dishwasher safe
- Four stainless steel blades
- Overheat protection
- One-year limited warranty
- Has trouble working when the cup is too full
- Low power
5. Ninja BL456 Blender – Powerful countertop blender with manual speed adjustment
The last (but not least) on our list of best blenders for protein shakes is the Ninja BL456 Blender. This countertop unit offers 24 oz of capacity and 900 watts of pure blending power. It allows you to turn any vegetable or fruit into a smooth blend. Of course, powdery protein mixes are transformed into your favorite tasty concoctions in a matter of seconds. You can blend some ice to cool off when needed too.
The twist on lids allow you to take your protein shakes anywhere you go. The unit is entirely BPA free, and you can thus use it to prepare baby-food as well. You can choose the texture by manually adjusting the blending speed. If you manually pulse, you can crush ice, frozen ingredients, seeds, skins, and stems too.
The Ninja BL456 Blender is easy to clean as well. The break-resistant plastic container is dishwasher safe, just like all the other components, including the blades.
Is it perfect? No, there are some minor flaws. It is a bit loud, and you have to hold it down while blending. On the brighter note, if something goes downhill, you can rely on a one-year warranty.
- 900-watts of power
- Made of break-resistant BPA-free plastic
- All parts are dishwasher-safe
- Manual speed adjustment
- Comes with a quick start guide and recipe book
- One-year limited warranty.
- A bit loud
What Should You Consider When Choosing The Best Blender For Protein Shakes?
The best blender for protein shakes should have the necessary speed and enough power to whip up any shake no matter the ingredients so that you can keep your diet varied. Most of us want to have the freedom to enjoy our favorite shake on the go, so it would be best to choose a portable unit too.
Let’s check out these things in more detail and see what else makes the best blender for protein shakes the best among its competition.
- As we have already implied, you should be able to add as many ingredients as you want to so that your protein shakes and smoothies can be varied, tasty, and unique. Not all blenders can handle hard ingredients such as super-healthy ginger, or crush ice for refreshing summer treats. In short, the higher the wattage, the more versatile the blender is.
2. Container Material
You can choose from:
- This is the most affordable option. Besides, plastic containers are the lightest and chip-proof, which makes them ideal for your on-the-go adventures.
- Glass does not absorb odors like plastic often does. It might be more expensive, but it will not discolor and is sure to last long (if you handle it with care).
- Stainless steel is the most durable option but the most expensive too. It is ideal for icy drinks and frozen mixtures as it will keep them cold for longer.
- If you are single, you can get by with ultra-portable, mini, or single-serving blenders. However, if you want your blender to be able to produce at least a couple of drinks to share with your friends and family, you need to buy a unit with a higher capacity. A larger blending pitcher is thus more suitable for family people.
- The blender capacity can be anywhere from 8 to 80 ounces. A standard blender for home-use usually has a capacity of 64 ounces. You should match the size to your needs.
4. Ease Of Use
- Many portable blenders have only a single on-off button, and that makes them super-easy to use. It is great to have your shake at a click of a button; however, sometimes, you can really benefit from being able to increase or decrease speed or change from the blending mode to pulsing.
- Of course, such units require a bit of a learning curve. Still, it is nothing you could not master in a couple of minutes, especially if the unit comes with well-written instructions or an instructional video.
5. Blending Speed & Motor Power
- We have already mentioned that some models offer you to control the speed of blending. Why is this important? Your shake thickness, among other things, depends on the blending speed. For this reason, some blenders on the market offer as much as ten variable speeds.
- If you want to make your concoction precisely as you like it, opt for a blender with lots of speed controls and high motor power so that you can enjoy shakes of all consistencies – from the ones you need a spoon for to liquid ones you can drink with a straw!. Our advice is to buy a blender with the most powerful motor you can afford.
When it comes to the food processing kitchen appliances, there are two primary questions you should answer in terms of their safety, and those are:
- Are they food-grade certified?
- Do they offer all the safety features that will keep you and your loved ones safe while handling them?
You need to know the answer to these questions so that you are not only safe but also sure that every shake you make will provide you with the highest standard quality.
- People in the 21st century are always on the go, and thus all our technology needs to be mobile as well, blenders included. If you are constantly on the move too, you need a blender that you can take with you anywhere you go. Luckily there are many portable cup-sized blenders nowadays and some can even fit your car cup holder for the utmost convenience.
- There are numerous options from battery operated, rechargeable units that allow you to whip up your favorite drink whenever and wherever you want, to electric-powered ones that are compact enough to pack up and take on your travel adventures.
- On the other hand, if you want a professional-grade, multi-use kitchen tools, do not expect it to be small enough to pack up!
- If you are a neat freak, you want a unit that is easy to clean as to avoid spending precious time assembling, washing, and dissembling your blender. Some of the models can be quite a chore when it comes to cleaning, believe us!
- Of course, if possible, go for a dishwasher-safe unit. There is an even better option, though – a self-cleaning blender. They are ideal for beginners as they are both very easy to use and clean.
- Most durable machines are often not the most compact or lightweight as they are built to remain functional for years to come. Often, you need to compromise a bit and find the right balance between portability and durability.
- Guarantee and previous customer experience are often the best way to predict how long a machine will last; blenders are no exception to this rule.
10. Additional Features
- Little things can make a big difference, especially in a highly competitive market. For example, some blenders can be left on while you go off to finish some other important stuff and thus help you use your time more efficiently.
See Also: The Best Whip Cream Chargers
Our Conclusion & Best Picks
Ninjas are the best!
Ninja Professional Countertop Blender easily stands out from the rest. If you want a professional-quality blender that is still easy to use and clean – invest your money in this robust and reliable kitchen appliance.
If the price tag of this unit is more than you can handle, go for Ninja BL456 Blender. It is a strong countertop blender with manual speed control and can handle any protein shake recipe for way less money.
You won’t regret choosing any of the blenders from our list, so hurry up and start blending protein shakes. The sooner you start, the sooner you will lead a healthier life!