Top 5 Best Beard Straighteners 2022:
- Kuschelbär Heated Beard Straightener Brush
- CNXUS Ionic Hair Straightener Brush
- Andis High Heat Press Comb
- AmoVee Mini Flat Iron Hair Straightener
- Mexitop 2-in-1 Hair Straightener/Curler
Have you ever stood in front of your mirror, wondering what your beard would look like if it was straight?
Are you just sick and tired of looking like a hobo because your beard is too curly?
Worry not, there is a solution – enter beard straighteners!
Unlike beard oil and beard brushes, beard straighteners are a sure way of making your facial hair straight as a nail!
Unfortunately, the market is flooded with these devices, and your search for the best beard straightener can quickly turn into a nightmare.
This is why we’ve done the research for you! In this article, we’re going to show you our top 5 picks of the best beard straighteners on the current market and give you a quick rundown on what to look out for when buying a beard straightener.
Related: The Best Beard Butters
5 Best Beard Straighteners In 2022: Detailed Reviews
Let’s check out our top picks for best beard straighteners you can currently find on the market. We made sure we included something for everyone, so let’s jump into it!
1. Kuschelbär Heated Beard Straightener Brush – Best High-End Beard Straightener
The first place in our list of best beard straighteners goes to a product you won’t find in your local drug store. The Kuschelbär heated beard straightener is a premium beard straightening tool designed by New Your celebrity hairstylist Jeff Chastain.
Up until recently, you could only buy this device in high-end salons and boutiques. Thankfully, it has recently made its debut on Amazon and became an instant bestseller. If money is not an issue for you and you want the absolute best for your beard, you should give this tool a try.
So, what do you get for a premium price? The answer is – a lot of things! The Kuschelbär features ionic technology that seals moisture into your beard, which reduces frizz and flyaway.
On top of that, this high-end beard straightener also comes with a unique proprietary heat barrier that prevents too much of the 374°F heat from being transferred. This means you won’t accidentally burn your facial hair and skin.
Another thing we like about Kushchelbär is it’s uniquely smooth bristles that can straighten even the most stubborn of beards. And, if that’s not enough for you, this beard straightener is a dual voltage device, which means you can use it anywhere on both 110V and 220V electrical outlets.
- Ionic technology
- Superb safety features
- Smooth bristles
- The cord is a bit too short
2. CNXUS Ionic Hair Straightener Brush – Best Bang For The Buck
If you don’t have an unlimited budget to get the best beard straightener for your needs, you can get yourself a premium straightener without breaking the bank.
A perfect example is the CNXUS Ionic Hair Straightener. Even though the CNXUS is mainly intended for straightening your hair, its design and feature set makes it more than suitable for straightening facial hair. And on top of that, it’s only a fraction of the cost of the Kuschelbär.
Just like the Kuschelbär, the CNXUS utilizes the ionic technology that produces negative ions that trap moisture in your beard, making it shiny and completely frizz-free. Just like the Kuschelbär, the CNXUS also features heat shielding and excellent heat dispersion utilizing ceramic-metal shell.
The feature we were most impressed by is the CNXUS’s shape. This electric beard straightener features firm plastic bristles that are slightly curved, which allows them to accommodate the natural shape of men’s chins perfectly.
We also really liked the five heat settings that allow you to set the temperature anywhere between 300°F and 450°F. It doesn’t matter what type of beard you have, you won’t have any trouble finding the right heat setting.
The CNXUS is definitely one of the most effective heated brushes we’ve had pleasure testing. We guarantee you that this tool will straighten even the most unruly of beards in a matter of minutes!
- 5 Heat settings
- Bristle design accommodates to the shape of your chin
- Can’t be used on short beards
3. Andis High Heat Press Comb – Most Affordable, Great Heat & Settings
Andis is one of the oldest hot press comb manufacturers on the market, and thanks to the decades of experience, they’ve made one of the best beard straighteners on the market. If you have a beard that’s more than two inches long, you should definitely give this hot press comb a try!
What makes this beard straightener so different than others is its incredible feature set. So, let’s start with the most essential feature, the heat control.
This nifty beard straightener features a whopping 20 heat settings and can heat up to 450°F. What this means is that it will straighten just about any type of beard. Not only that, but it also gives you an incredible amount of control over your straightening process.
The comb itself is built out of gold plated ceramic, which means it retains heat well, and on top of that, it takes only 30 seconds to heat up. You will have your beard straight as a nail in a matter of seconds!
The good stuff doesn’t end there. If you’re a world traveler, you’ll be pleased to know that the Andis High Heat Press Comb is a dual voltage device. This means this device will work on any type of electrical outlet.
- 20 different heat settings
- Gold ceramic comb
- Heats up in 30 seconds
- A bit complicated to use
- Can’t be used on short beards
4. AmoVee Mini Flat Iron Hair Straightener – Best Flat Iron Beard Straightener
If you’ve ever seen a flat iron for hair, you know how long those tools can get. The flat iron we’ll be talking about is much shorter and, therefore, perfect for straightening your facial hair.
Enter AmoVee Mini Flat Iron Hair Straightener. This beard straightener is a bit less than eight inches long and has a heated section that is less than a half an inch wide.
It might not be best suited for shorter beards since you can’t grasp the hair between Amovee’s ceramic-tourmaline plates, but the same goes for just about any electric tool designed for straightening facial hair. You need at least an inch and a half of beard to be able to use any of these devices.
The thing we like the most about this device is its ceramic-tourmaline since it both distributes the heat evenly and produces negative ions. This is a feature you don’t often see in mini flat irons.
The one thing we didn’t like about the AmoVee is the lack of temperature control. This device is permanently set at 428°F, which is a bit too hot. Thankfully, not all of that heat transfers to the plates, but you still have to be careful when using it.
- Ceramic-tourmaline plates
- Heats up in 30 seconds
- No temperature control
- Can’t be used on short beards
5. Mexitop 2-in-1 Hair Straightener/Curler – Most Versatile Beard Straightener
The last place in our list of best beard straighteners goes to one of the most exciting and versatile appliances we’ve ever had the pleasure of testing.
The Mexitop can both straighten and curl your hair. How? Well, this device has three heated sides that are designed for different purposes. Unfortunately, we won’t be talking about the curling functions of the Mexitop since it’s not essential in the context of this article. All you have to know is that it does a damn good job at curling hair.
This beard straightener utilizes metal-ceramic heating elements that come up to temperature in 60 seconds and features a crescent-head brush that perfectly fits the curve of your face. Thanks to its design and quick warm-up time, you will have your beard straight in no time.
The Mexitop measures a tad bit less than eight inches, which makes it perfect for maneuvering around your face to trim your beard.
On top of that, this tool features three temperature settings ranging between 340°F and 410°F. This means you won’t have any trouble adjusting this device to your type of beard.
If you want your beard and hair to look perfect every day, we recommend you pick up your very own Mexitop!
- 2-in-1 Device
- Perfectly adheres to the shape of your face
- A bit pricey
What Are Beard Straighteners And What To Consider Before Buying A Beard Straightener
Before we go in-depth, first we have to define what a beard straightener is.
A beard straightener basically works on the same principle as a hair straightener does. Both devices use heat to break down hydrogen bonds in your hair so the hair can reform as it cools down.
In fact, both of these two types of devices come in the same form (more on that later). However, where they differ is their size. WHY?
- The answer is quite simple. Hair straighteners are simply too big and unwieldy for working with facial hair. You can easily end up ruining your beard and bearing your face if you’re not careful.
- Beard straighteners, on the other hand, are smaller and perfectly suited for working with facial hair. Of course, these devices are safer to use on your beard.
- But why would you buy one? Well, if you have one of those beards that just refuses to get tamed, then a beard straightener is your best option. They will cause some damage to your beard due to high heat, but you will be able to straighten even the most coarse beard in minutes.
Like we mentioned before, beard straighteners come in almost the same forms as hair straighteners do. These devices commonly come in three forms:
- Electic heat brush – Are very similar to regular beard brushes. However, electric heat brushes come with a heating element inside that heats anti-scald bristles to temperatures between 300°F and 375°F. This type of beard straightener is by far the easiest, fastest tool for removing beard curls.
- Heat Press Comb – is a gold-ceramic comb with small teeth spaces that has a heating element capable of producing heat reaching up to 450°F. Because of the high temperature and small teeth, it’s incredibly effective but is also most likely to cause damage to your beloved beard.
- Mini Flat Iron Beard Straighteners – Are precisely the same as hair flat irons, but in a miniature form. A mini flat iron beard straightener can heat up to 410°F and is more likely to damage your beard than an electric beard comb. However, these tools are a godsend if you have a really long beard that’s untamable.
To summarize, beard straighteners are the fastest and safest way to uncurl your beard, followed by the mini beard flat irons and heated beard combs, which are both effective but are very likely to damage your beard.
Now that you know what types of beard straighteners you can buy, it’s time to learn what you should consider before making the final decision. So, let’s jump right into it!
1. Consider Your Beard Length
The biggest consideration when browsing for the right beard straightener for you is the size of your beard.
- Some beard straighteners are best suited for long beards such as those that come in the form of a mini flat iron. If your beard isn’t long enough, the mini flat iron just won’t be able to grip it properly, and you’ll end up with a ruined beard.
- On the other hand, if you have a short to medium-length beard, you should go for an electric heat brush or a heat press comb. Electric combs are most versatile and can be used on all types of beards. They’re especially useful for straightening short beards because of their small teeth space.
- Electric heat brushes, on the other hand, give you a better grip on the power and direction of your stroke. This makes them perfect for longer and bushy beards.
2. Consider The Weight
- Any beard straightener worth it’s salt should weigh much. Why? Well, you have to consider you will be lifting and holding it in the air for minutes at a time. You don’t want to get tired after just a couple of seconds.
- Bulky beard straighteners will quickly become frustrating to use and will make you hurry through the process. And when you’re in a hurry, you make mistakes. Not only that, but heavy beard straighteners are also hard to control, which increases the chances of burning your beloved facial hair.
- The lighter the beard straightener, the better.
3. Consider Temperature Settings
Another essential feature you have to consider before buying the best beard straightener for your needs is temperature control. Most of these devices come with some type of temperature control.
- Some beard straighteners come with temperature settings such as low, medium, and high, while some allow you to dial in the exact temperature you want. Either way, you need to keep in mind that hotter is not necessarily better.
- You should definitely look for a beard straightener that has some type of temperature control because it will allow you to customize your straightening routine. You will be able to straighten different parts of your beard at different temperatures. This is very important since you don’t need the same amount of heat for the stem of your beard as the ends.
Here’s a useful cheat sheet:
- ≤300°F – Fine or chemically treated beard
- 300-380°F – Regular beard
- >350°F – Thick, coarse and extra curly beard
4. Consider Safety Features
Finally, you have to consider the safety features. A decent beard straightener will have several safety features that prevent accidental damage to your beard and your skin.
What are those features we hear you ask?
- Beard straightener safety features include guards that prevent you from pressing the heating element directly to your hair or skin. Another safety feature is the auto shut off, which will turn off the device automatically if it hasn’t been used after a short while.
- The auto shut off safety feature is especially crucial since beard straighteners can get quite hot and can accidentally start a fire if you leave them next to something flammable. If a model doesn’t have this feature, avoid it at all costs!
See Also: The Best Whitening Mouthwash
All that’s left now is to declare the winner.
If you’re looking for the best beard straightener and money is not an issue for you, look no further than Kuschelbär Heated Beard Straightener Brush.
If you’re looking for a beard straightener that offers the best bang for the buck, go for the CNXUS Ionic Hair Straightener Brush.
And if you’re on a tight budget, Andis High Heat Press Comb with its 20 different temperature settings is the right pick for you.
In the end, the final decision lies in your hands, we’re just here to help you make the right choice. We hope you learned something, and if you did, share it with your friends so they can learn something new, too.