Top 5 Best 2-Burner Gas Grills 2020:
- Weber 44010001 Spirit II E-210 2-Burner Grill
- Char-Broil Signature TRU-Infrared 325 2-Burner Cabinet Gas Grill
- Cuisinart CGG-306 Chef’s Style Stainless Tabletop Grill
- Char-Broil Classic 280 2-Burner Liquid Propane Gas Grill
- Coleman RoadTrip LXX Portable Propane Grill
Are you looking for a grill that can fit into your limited outdoor space?
If you live in a city, and you have to grill on your balcony or patio, you need to get a compact grill that can pack a punch.
We have good news for you! There are two-burner grills that perform as good as the six-burner ones. They might offer less grilling surface, but if they are powerful enough to grill your juicy burger the way you like it, who cares about anything else?
There is an array of different models and brands on the market, and choosing the one that can satisfy all your needs can be a bit confusing, especially if you do not have the necessary know-how. Luckily, we have gathered all the needed information, and we are willing to share them with you!
Our guide aims to filter out the best models, but you will be the one to give the final verdict and choose the best 2 burner gas grill for your needs, so stay focused till the end!
5 Best 2 Burner Gas Grills In 2020: Detailed Reviews
1. Cuisinart CGG-306 Chef’s Style Stainless Tabletop Grill – Portable & lightweight grill you can move as you please
The Cuisinart CGG-306 Chef’s Style Stainless Tabletop Grill is very compact and highly portable so that you can move it around as you please. It does have only about 145 square inches of cooking space, but if you are willing to sacrifice some surface, you will be getting an excellent grill for a more than reasonable price!
CGG-306 has some really cool design features. It is easy to set up and use thanks to the no-tools assembly and easy twits-start ignition. The stand can be bought separately if you prefer not to position it on your table.
The grill grate is from cast iron and then coated using porcelain enamel. As a result, cleaning is super-easy! The grill grate is quite heavy, but the lightweight material construction makes it one of the lightest 2 burner grills we have ever seen.
The temperature is controlled via a gas control knob. The grill can heat up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit in 5 to 10 minutes. You can monitor the temperature with the built-in thermometer located on the cover.
As a bonus, this 2 burner grill has two 10-inch square stainless steel side shelves that you can use to store everything you need for cooking. Once you are done, these shelves can be simply folded. The grill is compatible with the 14.1 or 16.4 propane canisters, but you can also use it with a 20-pound tank with an adapter hose.
- The lightweight material construction
- Dome-shaped lockable lid
- High-quality heavy grate
- Built-in thermometer
- Easy to clean
- A grill box and durable steel lid
- A drip tray that catches runoffs
- Small cooking surface
- A plastic handle
2. Char-Broil Classic 280 2-Burner Liquid Propane Gas Grill – Compact grill with great heat capacity
The Char-Broil Classic 289 2 burner grill is very popular and appreciated thanks to its appealing design, compact size, and prominent heat capacity. Thanks to the ample cooking space of 280 square inches and 20,000 BTU of power, you will be able to grill a large amount of food in minimal time and without a lot of struggle.
Unfortunately, you will have to assemble the unit before you can get down to grilling, and that can prove to be quite a nuisance, mostly due to poorly written instructions. On the bright side, porcelain-coated grates will make up for the lost time as it will be super-short and easy to clean. Two stainless steel-line burners guarantee excellent cooking and grilling performance too.
You will not have to spend time figuring out how to operate the grill either as all you need to do is start it up with a reliable Piezo ignition system and set the temperature you need.
Even the steel lid is porcelain coated, keeping the unit rust-free no matter the weather conditions. For your utmost convenience, there are two metal side shelves (12×13-inches) that you can use to prepare food you plan to grill. It does not have a warming rack, though, nor a possibility to buy it separately.
This convectional grill comes with a warranty for your peace of mind. It is the cheapest 2 burner grill on our list too.
- Strong heat capacity,
- Compact size with large cooking area
- Durable construction
- Large wheels to move it around
- Porcelain-coated grates and a lid
- 2 side shelves for cooking preparations.
- Piezo Ignition System
- Hard to assemble due to unclear instructions
- No warming rack
3. Weber 44010001 Spirit II E-210 2-Burner Grill – Ideal for large families
Weber 44010001 Spirit II E-210 is a two-burner grill compact enough to fit smaller backyards, patios, or balconies. This is a rebranded version that features a front control panel for easy operation as well as two side tables that can be folded when not in use.
This grill offers superb power as it can generate 26,500 BTUs of heat. As a result, you’ll be able to prepare a lot of food in little time. It does take a bit more time until it heats up, though. Luckily, the Gs4 grilling system with infinity ignition makes sure you never fail.
Once heated, the grates retain heat pretty well and transfer it superbly. Cast iron grates guarantee durability while porcelain coating accounts for easy maintenance. There is enough cooking space to roast a whole chicken. This grill features the largest cooking area of all the 2 burner grills on our list – whooping 450 square inches! 360 square inches go on the main grilling section while the warming rack takes up 90 square inches of total space.
The cart design and two big wheels make this grill easy to move and reposition. There are five different lid colors to choose from. Six tool hooks allow you to have your grilling tools at arms reach at all times while two side tables enable you to prepare all the ingredients without going back and forth to your kitchen.
- Open cart design
- Six tool hooks
- Porcelain cast iron cooking grates
- Two large wheels
- Built-in lid thermometer
- Impressive transfer of heat
- Grease management system
- Fold-down tables
- It comes with a 10-year warranty and a 100% Weber Guarantee.
- Comes with a 10-foot long flexible hose
- Difficult assembly
- It takes time to heat up
4. Coleman RoadTrip LXX Portable Propane Grill – Perfect tailgating and camping 2 burner grill
Coleman RoadTrip LXX propane grill is, as its name implies, a 2 burner grill you take on the road with you. It is a perfect solution for tailgaters and camping enthusiasts, but it will serve just fine as a home grill as well.
Two wheels make it easy to push and move from one place to another, and it can be collapsed for easy transport and storage as well. Weighing 50 pounds, it is a bit heavy for a grill that is designed and advertised as mobile, though.
It might look small at first glance, but it packs up 22,000 BTUs of power plus a cooking surface of 285 square inches. It is definitely wide enough to feed a family or a group of friends in a reasonable amount of time.
Setup is rather easy, and it lits up with a press of a single button – no matches needed! Three hooks are there to hang your grilling tools while all your ingredients can be placed on two side tables.
Aluminum grates are there to reduce the overall weight, but they are easy to clean as well. Some great features enhance the performance of this grill. First of all, the PerfectFlow technology that ensures steady heat output even in the cold weather. There is also the Swaptop interchangeable design, which enables you to switch grates for a griddle top or stove.
- The Swaptop interchangeable design
- Independent burner controls
- InstaStart ignition
- Easy to push around
- Three hooks to hang your utensils
- Side tables
- Collapsable stand
- Heavy for a portable grill
- Cleaning is not as easy as with porcelain-coated grills
5. Char-Broil Signature TRU-Infrared 325 2-Burner Cabinet Gas Grill – Reliable grill with ample grilling space and a swing-a-way warming rack
The Char-Broil Signature TRU-Infrared grill stands neck to neck with our champion, the Weber 44010001 Spirit II E-210 grill, when it comes to the size of the cooking area. Namely, it offers 325 square inches of primary grilling space and a 120 square-inch porcelain-coated warming rack – or incredible 445 square inches in total.
When it comes to power, it is actually last on our top five list as it packs a “mere” 18,000 BTUs.
It is still capable of reaching extreme temperatures, so we recommend using protective gloves while grilling!
The user-friendly design includes a Surefire electronic ignition system and easy temperature control. You will never need matches to light this baby up! Two top-ported 443 stainless steel tube burners are made to last while the porcelain-coated cast-iron grates guarantee lasting performance and easy maintenance too.
Folding side tables offer space for ingredients but can serve as a work station as well. When you are done with them, simply fold them down and free up space. Both the lid and firebox have a durable porcelain coating for protection from the elements. The cover also features a temperature gauge to monitor the temperature and make sure your meat comes out perfectly done.
The grill can work with both liquid propane and natural gas, but you will need to buy the conversion kit that is sold separately if you wish to use this advantage.
- Char-Broil TRU Infrared Technology seals in juices
- Easy to read lid-mounted thermometer
- Ample grilling space & a large work-station
- A swing-a-way-rack for warming
- Reliable Surefire electronic ignition system
- Due to extremely high temperatures, the grill should be operated with gloves
- Limited power
How To Choose The Best 2-Burner Gas Grill
As we have already mentioned, there are a few things you need to consider before you set out to buy a grill. If you define your criteria, you will know how to pick a 2-burner grill you can rely on.
Without any further ado, here is what you should pay attention to:
- The material of the grill is in a direct correlation to its durability. Currently, the best option you can choose is the porcelain-enameled grill. Porcelain protects the surface of the grill from any damage and saves you the trouble of having to buy a cover if the grill does not already come with one.
- Cast iron is also a good option, and aluminum is not so bad when well coated either.
- We strongly advise you against grills made from regular steel as they tend to rust faster than the others.
- Even though two-burner grills are appreciated for their compact size, you should still make sure that you have enough cooking space to be able to cook more food at once. We believe that you should not go below 200-square inches. You should also choose a model that has at least one warming rack so that you can keep your cooked food warm.
Grates are the most important feature of any grill. How can you tell if the grates are of high quality?
- Grates need to be thick and heavy so that they can withstand high temperatures. The heavier they are, the longer will they last.
- We think that cast iron is your best choice. It retains and radiates heat better than stainless steel, which is another good option. If grates are porcelain-enameled too, then you got yourself a winner for sure! Even if they are not, you need not worry about food sticking to cast-iron. Contrary to general opinion, cast iron is quite easy to clean.
Finally, make sure that the space between grate bars is adequate as well. If it is too big, small pieces of meat or other food will fall through.
4. Additional Features
- Additional features are there to make your life easier, and that rule applies to grills as well. Do mind that the more features a grill has, the more expensive it will be.
- However, we think that you should not be thrifty but rather invest in a 2 burner grill that has at least a few essentials. We already said that the warming rack is a must, but you should also consider an inbuilt thermometer and folding legs for more accessible storage.
You are now well informed and quite capable of choosing a 2 burner gas grill that will make all your gatherings and events memorable. So, what are you waiting for?
If you are still indecisive, we recommend going for the Weber Spirit II E-210. It is the best of the best thanks to the largest cooking surface, quick heat time, and even heat distribution. In short – it is a grill you can rely on for years to come!
If you like the roomy experience provided by this Weber grill, you will also appreciate Char-Broil Signature TRU-Infrared 325 2-Burner Cabinet Gas Grill. It also offers ample grilling space to pile up your favorite meat, as well as an array of useful features that will make your grilling party a success!
You can notice the pattern here – the bigger, the better. There is a simple reason for that- larger cooking surface equals less time grilling and more time having fun!
What happens if you are condemned to a limited budget or limited space?
The solution to both those problems comes in the form of Cuisinart CGG-306 Chef’s Style Stainless Tabletop Grill. It is an affordable, ultra-compact unit that will get the job done without breaking your wallet.